PDA

View Full Version : Enchantment-focused Pathfinder Sorcerer...ideas and/or help?

Giegue
2012-07-26, 07:58 AM
As the title asks. The Kitsune race in pathfinder gives some very, very nice things to a sorcerer looking to play around with enchantment. However, when looking through all the sorcerer bloodlines, the ones that boost enchantment all give melee-based bloodline powers(Yuck) and thus was wondering which bloodline, and more importantly which enchantment spells, would be best to take.

For bloodline I was heavily considering Infernal, since it gives you many of the good domination-type spells as bonus spells, some bonuses to enchantment spells and the ever useful Diplomacy as a class skill.(Which would allow me to use the gregerous racial trait to improve my face-ness) The other bloodline I was considering was Oni, though it sadly dose not give you Diplomacy as a class skill and does not have as many enchantments as bonus spells. However, it's spell list has less stinkers then the Infernal domain.

Both domains start out with a melee power(yuck) but later on get less melee-centric abilities that are pretty nice. My third and final consideration was the Undead Bloodline. While the bonus spells kinda suck, some of the bloodline powers are decent and the MAIN reason I was considering the Undead bloodline was for the ability to get around the mind-effecting immunity undead have.

As for spells, my may issue is finding room for both my enchantments and spells useful against foes immune to mind-effecting spells. If I take the undead bloodline, I can afford to be slightly less stingy in this area, and the Oni and Infernal Bloodline give me some of the key enchantment spells for free. However, I'd still like a general idea of spell selection for an enchantment-focused sorcerer rather then the traditional sorc.

So, anybody got suggestions about what bloodline and spells I should take?