View Full Version : Oh look a flying bear

silverwolfer
2012-07-26, 10:52 AM
HAWKFEATHER
ARMOR
Three times per day, you can cause the
armor to sprout wings, allowing you to
fl y at a speed of 60 feet (good maneuverability) for 5 rounds

The special properties of a suit of hawkfeather armor function normally while you
are in wild shape (although it does not
grant its armor bonus to AC)

*snickers* I love looking through the books to find gems like this

Kelb_Panthera
2012-07-26, 12:24 PM
While mildly entertaining, this will hardly be the strangest thing you're likely to see in a typical campaign. Besides, I like to make a flying psycho bear of doom (read: Barbarian/Bear Warrior/Frenzied Berserker w/ leap attack.)

Slipperychicken
2012-07-26, 12:59 PM
It's called Druid. Cast Air Walk, turn into a bear/dinosaur.

In a world containing monstrosities like Beholders and Atropals, a flying bear should be fairly mundane by comparison. You see one, shake your head, and grumble about "those crazy wizards".

Kelb_Panthera
2012-07-26, 02:03 PM
It's called Druid. Cast Air Walk, turn into a bear/dinosaur.

In a world containing monstrosities like Beholders and Atropals, a flying bear should be fairly mundane by comparison. You see one, shake your head, and grumble about "those crazy wizards".

But the druid isn't a psycho-bear. Just because I can't literally fly doesn't mean that my jump-check mod isn't insane. :smallbiggrin:

Crazy-ass wizards. *mutters incoherently*

Zombulian
2012-07-26, 02:25 PM
There's a feat somewhere that lets you spend wild shapes to get wings. And you can stack it onto your wildshape form. So yea, you could spend a feat, or some gold and suddenly... FLYAN BEARARAS!

eggs
2012-07-26, 02:52 PM
an owlbear looks up at the bear flying by.
it looks down at its own useless claws.
a tear runs down its misshapen beak.
:smalltongue:

Crasical
2012-07-26, 05:23 PM
Crazy-ass wizards. *mutters incoherently*

At least you don't live in the hamlet with the crazy ass-wizards.

Togo
2012-07-26, 07:06 PM
My favaourite form when I played a druid was a flying squid.

nedz
2012-07-26, 07:12 PM
There's a feat somewhere that lets you spend wild shapes to get wings. And you can stack it onto your wildshape form. So yea, you could spend a feat, or some gold and suddenly... FLYAN BEARARAS!

Eagle’s Wings CDiv p80
Fly 60' for 1 hour, only Average manoeuvrability though.

Slipperychicken
2012-07-26, 10:23 PM
But the druid isn't a psycho-bear.

Of course not. It's a Magical Eco-Terrorist Bear that can fly and shoot lightning out of its eyes. With a super-strong bear pal. And it summons an army of bears. And speaks a super-cool forest language that only the cool kids Druids know. And it can't ever tell you the super-cool language, or else it'll be kicked out of the Druid Club and lose its magic powers.

So yeah. Not a psycho at all :smalltongue:

Doorhandle
2012-07-27, 02:25 AM

That seems to have been a critical oversight by the original creator of the owlbear. :smallbiggrin:

nedz
2012-07-27, 06:57 AM
That seems to have been a critical oversight by the original creator of the owlbear. :smallbiggrin:

The monster you are thinking of must be the Bearowl.

Daftendirekt
2012-07-27, 01:32 PM

Win! Have a cookie.