PDA

View Full Version : Paladin help

Venser
2012-07-26, 04:32 PM
Hello :)

I need a good paladin build.

Race must be human, no templates, all books except UA,ToB and ToM.
Level 7 character.

eggs
2012-07-26, 05:20 PM
That's not a lot of details; there are a few ways this could go. I'd recommend browsing the Paladin's Handbook for some ideas, picking out one or two things to focus on (spells or fear effects or whatever).

Also the specifics regarding character stats are especially important with Paladins - there's a huge difference between a Paladin who can afford decent Str/Con/Wis/Cha and a paladin who has to choose two or three of those.

Ditto for the expected length of the campaign - Charisma and Wisdom flop priorities a bit as Nightsticks become affordable and spells become more useful.

And just to throw a build in, I'm currently playing a level 8 Human Paladin. I was only able to crank 3 stats, so I went with Str=Cha>Con>everything else. For feats, I'm using Animal Devotion (big strength boost and swift-activation flight for unmounted situations), Power Attack (mostly for use with charging smites), Earth Devotion (gives a bit of versatility and ignores some battlefield control effects when not mounted) and Awesome Smite (mostly to ignore miss chances). For ACFs, I'm using Paladin of Freedom (the Paladin spell list already has enough fear immunities) with the 5th and 6th level Mystic Fire Knight sub levels for freeish dispel effects. The most important gear for the character has been a Relinquary Holy symbol (more turning cheap), Anklets of Translocation (swift teleport to escape battlefield control, to position for charges and to get the occasional extra full attack) and a wand-chambered wand of Rhino's Rush (big damage boosts - especially on top of lance multipliers). It's been going well, but if the campaign permitted it, I'd seriously consider something like Paladin of Tyranny + Dreadful Wrath in place of Awesome Smite.

gorfnab
2012-07-26, 05:25 PM
Waazraaths paladin build compendium (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=10057)