PDA

View Full Version : TW Gods (Version II)

Ladorak
2012-07-26, 08:48 PM
Above the Underdark

The Watcher looks up at the terrfying expanse of blue above. It hates the outside, it hates the looming forbidding skyline and the hostile glowing orb that blinds and burns the Watcher.

It hates the outside, it longs for moist dark caverns, but it stays. It is the Watcher, the most trusted of all Omadon's servants. Only it is trusted to leave the darkness that is Omadon's domain, lair and very being. For decades it has come here and gazed upward, waiting, always waiting.

It does not know why. It does not know what Omadon found when he dug deep, the secrets revealed in dark stone and whispering shadow. But the Watcher knows it's duty, knows what it is waiting for. When the long awaited omen came it gratfully slunk back into the darkness, to home and master.

The plains of Mars, Regus

Atop a great wooden podium, surrounded by thousands of excited Regusians, the three who would take the crown of Crowns stood, each holding one of the sacred spears of the Crone.

By custom it was always three, one for each spear. To the one judged most likely to succeed goes Ali Bashar, to the second goes Ashtok and to the third Lakin Desor.

But there is a disease of discontent about the crowd, they do not feel the spears have been appointed correctly. But they are lefts, rights and feet, they have no right to question the word of the Crowns. Still they mutter in discontent and say angry words in quiet voices.

The crown of Crowns is presented to Ciro Masti, bearer of Ali Bashar. By custom all he need do is state his intention. If no sign arrives within a minute he takes the crown. ' I, Ciro Masti, would take the crown of Crowns.' he cuts his palm with Ali Bashar and waits, understandably confident.

Suddenly there is a cry in the crowd. Someone is pointing upward, suddenly thousands are pointing upward and shouting.

A massive comet streaks across the sky, it's tail fanning out behind it, it's course seemingly set for the wooden platform itself.

The Crowns try to go on with the ceremony, crowning their chosen king, but the crowd go mad, threatening to tip the whole structure over. The man holding the crown swiftly sees which way the wind is blowing.

It is passed to Rashi Talar, a beautiful, hawkish young woman, the bearer of Ashtok . She is the people's favoured choice, she has promised change and glory. She cuts her palm with the rusty blade and waits. A few minutes later she is the Queen of Regus, crown of Crowns. She steps forward, the spear raised, her blood on it glinting off the reflected majesty of the crown of Crowns. To untold thousands she yells 'We will retake all our ancestral lands! We will glory to the Crone, we will bring death to our enemies!

The Golden Halls, Halrua

The Golden King looks up at the shooting star. For days it had hung there, amid glittering stars, a shining white and red head followed by a huge snaking golden tail.

'It looks like a shower of coins amid the heavans' said an aide. The Golden King regarded him with cool curiosity.

Tricks of perception he decided quickly caused by person feeling. To the Golden King the blazing trail of golden burning shapes did not look like coins spinning in the void.

No, the Alagoth were heavy on his mind, to him those golden shapes seemed like flames.

The Edish Confederaton

The streets of the Edish city-states are deserted at night. During the day they are like any other metropolis, a massively busy organised chaos, but at night they fall dead.

At night only the unified footfalls of the Home Guard can be heard, the unified trap of feet and clicks of armour travel far amid the silence. But to those the follow the Path most devoutly there is another noise amid the quiet. A vague presence dimly felt, a moving bodiless whispering.

It speaks of honour and it speaks of death, it whispers codes of honour and lists of the fallen. Yet since the comet was first sighted there has come a change to the whispering, a certain unease and yet a certain relish.

From a thousand darkened windows curious eyes look up and wonder things they have been forbidden to wonder.

The White Forest

The Druid stands over his captive, an Halrua taken in last years raiding and gifted to the forest by a grateful returning warrior. His work is holy, but long accustomed. He completes it with full diligence deserving of the Forest but also efficiency born of long familiarity. As he goes about his work he remembers the first time, how long it had taken, how sick he had been afterward. The eyes and tongue go to the crows, the latter thankfully stilled the man's cries as he choked on his own blood. The hands and feet are buried amid the roots of the Great Oak. Finally the heart is plucked out and inspected for defects.

Once again the Druid saw none, the omens for war were good once again, despite the golden snake in the sky. But only if he finished the ceremony, he stilled needed to eat the heart.

Vayok

The comet finally crashes down amid icy outcroppings and barren rock. Only the Walrus see. But they are Valmar's totems, so he also sees before the shockwave kills them. His great but ponderous mind slowly fixes on the cooling crater.

Nyrt
2012-07-26, 09:23 PM
Tor Weaver was the first to see the comet arcing overhead.
"Look," he said, pointing it out to the others, "a star has fallen."

"So it has," replied Iilam, barely looking up from his fishing nets.

"They say that a falling star precedes great change," said their father, "any change in the heavens has a powerful impact on the earth."

The boys nodded, seeing their father's wisdom.

Back on the islands, the people of Barathrum were pondering the meaning of this event. The queen regent was worried. Long ago, a wise old man had foretold this event, and she had dismissed him, saying his prediction was surely impossible, yet this was the first sign he had spoken of. In one week, the Prince would come into his majority, and become king. He showed promise, and perhaps he would rule wisely, but somehow she was not sure. There was something in those dark grey eyes which unsettled her. The next day, she convened the council of Mare, the council designed to prevent the king/queen from becoming a tyrant.

hydroplatypus
2012-07-27, 08:57 PM
Amarath/Marrakesh
Loyalty: 8

Daroth sits down in his private study after a long council session, conjuring some of that wine he was fond of. He hadn't payed much attention to what was being said, something about grain imports or some such. Nothing seemed to drain him quite as much as the endless bickering of the council. Taking a sip he stood up and moved to the balcony, looking over the expanse of forest that was the nation of Marrakesh. Their land had accomplished so much since Amarath had risen to become a deity. From merely a forgotten province of the empire to the prosperous homeland of the elves in merely 150 years, not even a generation.

Sipping his wine he looked up and saw a streak moving across the sky. To him it seemed like the fire of a dragon lighting up the night. He enjoyed the sight, until he heard a voice in his head. Council of Marrakesh, assemble before me. Knowing the voice of the goddess he immediately ran to the council chambers.

Arriving there he saw the other councilors entering quickly; none would ignore Amarath's summoning. He saw before him the image of a young elven woman, with pale green eyes, and flame red hair. The image then spoke Council of Marrakesh, you have faithfully helped restore this nation to what it is now. You helped our people claim our place in the world, and carve out lands for ourselves, when none said it was possible. And we have prospered. However I fear that the coming years will not be as uneventful and quiet as the past few decades. The comet that recently came down in northern lands will signal a shift in the world, and much will change in the coming days. As one of the councilors moves to speak the image raises its hand, saying I know you do not put much stock in omens, and neither do I - f I wanted to communicate with you I would be much more direct - however that does not hold for the other nations. They will act as if this signals that great events are to come, and as such they will make their own predictions come true. Prepare yourselves for change. As for our nation, I will be taking a more direct role in our leadership from now on. I will construct an Avatar so that I am not forced to rely on crude images such as this, and lead our people directly. You will hear from me shortly. With that the image dispersed, leaving the Councillors shocked.

After a short while Daroth says Well you what Amarath said, we are in for a hard time. Get moving!

Forum Explorer
2012-07-31, 02:36 PM
Luna

Her people spoke to each other in hushed voices. They Knew what the falling star meant. Of course it came from the Lady of the Night for who else could control the stars? As always Her mind and will were clear. The falling star was a warning of change and chaos. Trouble was coming of such magnitude that Luna's power alone would not be enough to stave off disaster. They would all need to work together to avert whatever catastrophe awaited them.

hydroplatypus
2012-07-31, 07:22 PM
Amarath/Marrakesh
D.ESP: 8

To Luna [8]

Hello followers of Luna, we come to speak with you of the comet that impacted recently. With a comet coming down to our planet we can expect a time of great change to come soon.

The Underdark and its God are liked by none, and with the comet we fear that they might take this as a sign that they will be granted victory in their conflicts. While this is likely untrue it still seems likely that we will eventually have some problem with them. As we are the two nations bordering the underdark - and as such the ones with the greatest stake in the issue - We propose a military alliance. Should one of us be attacked then the other will join the war. What do you think of these terms?

Nyrt
2012-07-31, 10:33 PM
The coronation of the King-In-Waiting was to be a spectacular affair, with no expense spared. Nearly every one of the major houses was present, save the Fisher house, and the majority of the minor houses as well.

The prince was quiet in his chambers, brooding. His plan had finally come into fruition; after today, he would be king, no matter what the gods decreed. He turbed as the heavy wood door creaked open.
"Sire, it's time," said the servant who was peeking his head into the room timidly.
"Good. I was beginning to get impatient." said the prince, and walked to the throne room.

"By the power of Vorago, lord of the oceans by which we live, I present the crowned prince and heir to the throne of all Barathrum. Do any contest this claim?" droned the preist, not really expecting any response.
"I contest this claim," said the figure silhouetted in the doorway by the setting sun. This announcement caused a collective gasp to ripple through the crowd. The prince was visibly shocked.
"By what right?" asked the priest, after taking a moment to compose himself.
"By right of inheritence as eldest son of noble blood of Regalius Aestus." replied the figure, which resolved into the lost prince Calin Aestus.
"You're dead! Your ship was lost at sea!" exclaimed prince Molain
"Prince Molain has a fair point. How do you come to be here?" asked the priest.
"My ship was indeed destroyed in a great storm; a storm of my half-brother's conjuring!"
"You say half-brother; how can this be true?"
"it is true we share a mother, but my father was not his. He is not of royal blood. You can see his eyes are not the grey of the line Aestus."
"But they are." Every person present turned to look, an saw that Molain's eyes were the royal grey.
"How?" gasped Calain, rattled to the core. "Mother you know this is true!"
The queen mother simply shook her head. Prince Calin staggered, stunned.
"Arrest him. He is a pretender who seeks the throne."
"no!" cried Calin as the guards dragged him off, but he did not resist, so profound was his shock.

Above him he could hear the sounds of the coronation resuming. How could this happen? he thought. how could so much change?
As he pondered this, he noticed a rivulet of water coming in through a crack in the stone. As he watched, it widened, and widened, until the small cell was flooding with stinging seawater. The hole was now large enough to fit through, and faintly, deep in the ocean, he thought he could see the fingers of an enormous hand receding into the blackness.
GO resonated a voice so deep it rattled his bones. GO.

By the power granted to me by Vorago, Titan of the Tides, I declare-"
"Stop!" said a voice booming through the hall. The soors burst inwards, as Calin returned, aglow with power atop a pillar of water. "Bewitch my people no more!" with a wave of his hand Molain's enchantment was torn and cast away, and his eyes faded back to their natural brown- not a color native to Barathrum.
"Vorago forgive me, I remember!" cried the Queen as her illegitimate son's spells were lifted, weeping openly.
"Be gone from this land, and never return. You are banished."
By now the crowd broke out of their surprise and cheered- this seemed to them like a good point to do so.
In a more normal voice, Calin said to his mother, "Do you maintain your abdication?"
"Yes'" she replied ince she regained her composture. "I have shamed our family. I would serce you as a subject and advisor only."

The rest of the coronation continued as expected, with the exception of the name of the new king.

OOC: argh, my thumb hurts. Remind me not to write such lengthly posts from my ipod.

razovor
2012-08-05, 06:55 PM
The Imperial City / Skara

The Priors of the Imperial City sat in a circle, all twenty of them, each governor of their own portion of the city, staring into the fiery abyss that floated between them. It towered, grand and majestic, blazing with power beyond understanding. It's thunderous roar filled the room, blotting out all noise, such that one could imagine the entire world was ablaze.

To say that Skara spoke would be an understatement. He thought, and his will was made manifest, a physical force that threatened to tear his subjects minds asunder.

"My sign is clear in the sky, yet the false prophets of the world continue to spread lies. I demand an answer for your failure."

Prior Samuel, newest of the Lords Sacred Governors, spoke up;

"We have done our best Lord, but the resources you've given us are not enough."

For a moment there was only the roaring of fire.

"Unacceptable."

A searing blast of heat shot out of the inferno, instantly reducing Prior Samuel to ash.

"I have given you everything you need. You have failed me. I will not have liars in my court. You are only mortal, but I expected better of you. The people of the world have no more faith in me than in any of their false gods. I must give them a symbol they can't deny. Go, and spread word of my majesty. In the morning you shall have what you need."

Ladorak
2012-08-06, 04:46 PM
Turn two

Acts

Malakar creates a modified race of massive multi-headed wyrms, bigger than the world has ever seen

Amarath creates an Avatar and the Mage city of Oberoth near the Underdark

Vorago creates the underwater city of Atlas

Tanai creates an Avatar and the trade city of Tara

Skara creates an Avatar and a great fortress (Yet unnamed)

Luna creates an Avatar and the defensive city of Tycho

Zvioivz creates the city of Nim'Annon, the White Gate

The White Forest creates the Great White Oak (City, kinda, which boosts mil growth)

Ibu creates the Golden Legion, a sentient race of metal men and Hammerfell, a magical artifact

The Crone creates Ashtok, a magical artifact and the port city of Urdath

Omadon creates the econ city of Hub and a modified race, the Shadowlings

Valmar creates Strife, a demigod.

Tarot creates a sentient race, the Unquiet whisperers, and the Military Academy of Nevare

News

Empress Rashi Talar has sent forth world throughout the lands, offering good coin for service in the Regusian Navy

Strife, emissary of Valmar's will, has contacted all the nations' governments. A strange metal has been found where the comet hit. Valmar desires it to be mined, yet this is not the way of the Vayok. Shares will be given to whatever government can convince Strife is best suited to the exclusive mining rights

Word from the Edish Confederation. Nevare, indisputably the greatest Military Academy in the world, is opening its doors to foreigners. Potential candidates should contact the Academy for selection.

Halrua has come under attack by the Alagoth. For now they are holding, though the Golden Legion pays a heavy price for every hour earned. The Golden King of Halrua has sent a call to all nations, begging aid against the Alagoth. He is also in great need of metals and would pay well for them.

Ibu to ZvioivZ

These are fell times for both of us. The Alagoth were barely manageable before the demons arrived. I suggest a mutual defense pact.

Omadon to Tanai PM

Greetings Lightling

I'm sorry to interrupt your pathetic existence, but I have a proposition for you.

You see, I have a little problem. And I believe you might be able to help me solve that problem. Of course, I will compensate you for your time. Ask anything you want, and you will get it. If you get something for me...

First of all I must see you are capable to accomplish the task I'm going to give you... I want you to retrieve a spear for me. Lakin Desor, that which is only held by the third in line to the Regusian throne, and only when during crownings. You could take it and it'd not be missed for decades. They'll never need the thing anyway... They are holding it inside their citadel in that capital of theirs, Urdath.

If you do manage to get it, I will consider you worthy of my time, and will explain your true mission to you. And make haste, for you are not the only one I'm sending on this mission...

Omadon to Malakar PM

Greetings Alien Lightling

I'm sorry to interrupt your pathetic existence, but I have a proposition for you.

You see, I have a little problem. And I believe you might be able to help me solve that problem. Of course, I will compensate you for your time. Ask anything you want, and you will get it. If you get something for me...

First of all I must see you are capable to accomplish the task I'm going to give you... I want you to retrieve a dragon egg for me. Thing is fossilised now, useless even for necromantic magics, but it's valuable, and well guarded...

It's in the former Imperial City

If you do manage to get it, I will consider you worthy of my time, and will explain your true mission to you. And make haste, for you are not the only one I'm sending on this mission...

Crone to Skara

We know what you are doing. Stop immediately and we'll pretend it never happened.

Crone to Amarath

This is the only chance you will be given. You will cede our ancestral lands now to us now, or we will take them by force.

OOC: She's asking for the northernmost point and everything 500 miles south of it.

razovor
2012-08-06, 06:04 PM

To the Crone
"Pathetic Godling. You are in no position to make demands of me. Do not bother me further."

Murska
2012-08-06, 06:34 PM
Tanai to Omadon (PM)

Hello, little Brother

Anything I want? That's a pretty bold statement. There isn't much that you have and I couldn't get, after all. If I feel like it at the time, I might look for that spear of yours, but don't hold your breath.

Have fun with your quest, though!

Tanai to Strife of Valmar

Hello there.

I'd like to lobby for Tara to receive the mining rights. We're nearby, friendly - I bid you to ask Valmar whether he still remembers the old times and the First Contact Feast held where the Imperial City is now located - and with plenty of experience in all sorts of economic matters from mining and processing to logistics and marketing.

Well, I won't mind if it's a no, but I thought I'd make the offer, right? Personally wealth was never really a thing for me, but you know how the people are.

In any case, I would like to open some seaborne trade routes. We Old Peoples need to stick together in these times.

Tanai to Vorago

A young man with curious bright red hair enters your city, having appeared as if out of nowhere. Most people tend to happily help him along as he stops to politely ask the way, no matter their usual dispositions, and soon he arrives in your presence.

"Hello, little brother." A mischievous smirk. He may look young, but Tanai has been around since the beginning of things.

"I thought I'd skip over the pond for a courtesy visit. Sorry it's so late - I got distracted on the road. You know how it is.

So, mainly I thought that, as the current rulers of the sea, you might be open to some trade with my people - we're the ones who built the very first boats back right after the Shattering, after all.

And, of course, to ask if there's anything else you wish to talk of. There's plenty going on in the world now, and I've even gotten a little interested. I might be around to play for a little longer this time, at least I think so."

Tanai to the Crone

A little girl, unseen to mortal eyes, arrives in the capital. Floating like the wind through the smallest gaps, she eventually arrives to face the Crone herself.

"Hello, dear sister! It's been a while!" She curtseys with a giggle.

"What with all the carefully nurtured order in the world falling down, I thought I'd come out to play a little. And since we old-timers should stick together, I thought I'd ask if you want to cooperate a bit. Maybe trade with my people, set up something akin to the original agreement on this continent. Maybe work on other things together if there's something that we agree on to that extent. Above all, stay friendly and keep in touch.

What do you think?"

Tanai to Ibu

A young man with fiery red hair and no other characteristics that anyone mortal seems to notice arrives to talk to his sibling.

"Hello, brother.

You remind me of an old friend, long gone by now, and when I heard you'd had some trouble with a neighbour, I thought I'd come and see how things are.

Now, I can see that there's several great rivers between your heartlands and the invading force - rivers that are hard to cross if defended by a proper navy. I can lend you mine, if you in turn help me when I am in need of assistance.

I would also like to open up trade. We've got mundane metals aplenty, and other things, and I'm negotiating with old Valmar about that crater of his, too - I know you could do a lot of fancy things with that sort of metal, and I could sell those to split the profits, right?

What do you think?"

Nyrt
2012-08-06, 06:59 PM
Vorago to Tanai
I do have an interest in trade. Your nation is rich with metals which my islands lack for the most part, and my islands are abundantly fertile, able to grow some of the most exotic spices. This could be mutually beneficial. That doesn't mean I trust you; I remember what you did before the empire, though the others may not.

Murska
2012-08-06, 10:20 PM
Tanai to Vorago

"Heheheh. I've always had the tendency of making myself memorable. Of course, I haven't got a clue as to the specific incident you might be referring to, but I can guess.

Trusting people is a bad habit, after all. But so long as you don't take things very seriously, it's good to have fun company anyway. Friends?"

Nyrt
2012-08-06, 10:24 PM
Vorago to Tanai
For now...

Forum Explorer
2012-08-06, 10:38 PM
Luna Def E=8

To Amarath
Peace is something that we value highly and something to be protected at all costs. We will join you in a defensive military alliance as long as it includes all foes who may seek our destruction

To Omadon
Greeting Children of Darkness. As we are those who dwell in the night our relationship with the sun is similar to yours. We hope to build upon that similarty in order to create a foundation of trust and mutual cooperation between our two peoples. To begin with we were hoping that you would be open to creating a trade route with us.

hydroplatypus
2012-08-07, 06:32 PM
Amarath
loyalty: 8

To Luna [8]

We agree to such terms.

Also we would like you to know that the Crone has threatened war should we not cede a large amount of "Ancesteral territory" to them. Obviously we will refuse, and war may ensue; we are unsure if they are bluffing about their threats to attack. We figured that we would update you on the situation. Should this make the alliance seem unwise you may pull out as nothing has been signed yet, however we would appreciate your continued support.

Should they not follow up on their threats we do not intend to start a war, so if it does start they will be the aggressors.

To Crone

We are sorry, but we cannot accept your proposal. This land has been ours for 150 years, and in ages past was inhabited to the elves. This was before your people got there. So it is also our ancestral land. Therefore we see no reason to acknowledge your claim.

We hope that a war is not necessary over such a dispute.

Forum Explorer
2012-08-07, 07:25 PM
Luna Def E = 8

To Amarath
Thank you for telling us this. We will talk to the Crone and hopefully avert and violent action.

To Crone
Hello,

We've been hearing disturbing rumors about you unfortantly. We come to you in peace and in the hopes of finding these rumors to be false.

My neighbor and ally Amarath is claiming that you are planning on invading him. They claim that you are demanding the return of ancestral lands.

What is your claim to these lands and it's people? Is it truly worth a war to regain those lands? How long ago did you control those lands?

Please, do not become our enemy

To Vorago
Greetings Brother,

Our two domains intersect strongly as sea and night have always affected each other. Your sailors use our stars to guide them safely just as my people farm the sea for nourishment.

Let us use this common ground to build peace between our peoples.

Nyrt
2012-08-07, 07:29 PM
Vorago
To Luna
Indeed, Sister.

We have no cause for discord. We shall share peace and be prosperous together.

Murska
2012-08-07, 08:02 PM
Tanai to Vorago

"Glad to hear it, Brother. Times like these are why I'm still around and interested in this world. Peace and order gets dull, at least on the large scale - there's always something fascinating to be found if you magnify your view, however.

While distrust is to be expected, I do hope you would lighten up just a little. I mean, it's just life, right?

Regardless, I should be off. I have places to be, people to meet. You know how it is, when you've got more than a few dozen followers."

His form seems to lose cohesion, and after flashing quickly through the image of a little girl giggling happily, disappeared like a mirage, a black-and-silver falcon flies away from the room, the city and the islands themselves, outpacing the wind itself.

oblivion6
2012-08-07, 08:31 PM
general konmar, the head of malakar's glorius armies watched as his legions drilled for war on the wide-open plains below and smiled...things were coming along splendidly

the wyrms
war is coming swiftly to these lands and i have many enemies who might seek to destroy both of us. what i propose is simple: a mutual-defence pact to better protect both of us.

omadon
im pretty sure you live a more pathetic existence than i, based on how most of your servants hide underground for all eternity.

however, with that said i may organize an expedition to retrieve this dragon egg

Ladorak
2012-08-08, 08:29 AM
Crone to Skara:
You have been warned.

Omadon to Tanai PM
Many interesting things can be found in the shadows little Lightling. I would have expected you of all to have understood this. Bring it to meeeee...

Valmar to Tnai:
Your petition shall be weighed against all others. We would welcome trade with the southern peoples. Valmar adds that we who have survived long should indeed stick together.

Crone to Tanai:
The Crone does not disfavour the one of tricks, Regus does not disfavour trade with Tana. Speak to us more of this alliance when you have something more concrete.

Ibu to Tanai:
Greetings brother.

I would welcome the aid of your navy, and repay you in any way able.
I would gladly trade for war materials with you. Regarding the skymetal, I cannot send men to mine, not in these dire times, but I can aid your miners, for a fair share.

OOC: Ibu's domain power is transferable. It provides a bonus to magic/know. In exchange for a share he'll 'lend' you this power during the mine's construction.

Omadon to Luna:

Greetings Dim Lightling.

It is true I hate you least of all, and the winds of change are coming. We would welcome trade with your people. You may not enter the Underdark, but all goods may be unloaded at Hub, above ground.

Crone to Amarath

Child the lands you claim belonged to the Crone when your ancestors were still tree dwelling savages. Long ago, when the northern and southern continents were still one, this land belonged to me, and it will be returned.

Crone to Luna

Those lands belonged to the Crone when the northern and southern continents were still one. Many, many moons ago. This is not your affair, silvery child, do not be foolish enough to make it so.

Wyrms to Malakar: (Esp 0)

Yessssss...

Omadon to Malakar PM:
Yes, do this and bring it to meeee.

razovor
2012-08-08, 09:32 AM

Prior Mark carefully slotted the last brick into the wall, sparking a chorus of triumphant applause from the gathered crowd. After years of hard work, sped up greatly by the aid of their god, the Imperial Wall was finally complete.

A marvel of engineering, stretching across the entire kingdom from the east to west coast, and standing almost one-hundred feet high, it was truly one of the wonders of the age. At it's centre stood the citadel of fire, a massive fortress, imbued with the blessing of Skara himself. As well as being a defensive structure, it provided power to the hundreds of magic towers that lined the Imperial wall, each capable of projecting vast balls of fire at enemies miles beyond the wall.

The land beyond the wall, thanks to repeated tests of the towers, had been turned from lush forest, into a dry, barren wasteland. The heat itself was enough to kill a man, not to mention the complete lack of food or water. All cover and shelter had been flattened in advance, to give the enemy nowhere safe to hide from the unending barrage of fire balls, hot enough to melt metal, and powerful enough to break through stone walls.

In all in all, the wall was quite possibly the most defensible structure in the entire world, only Tycho itself coming close to it's splendour.

To the Crone
"What is this? A warning? I made myself abundantly clear. I am going to continue my operations in your territory, and there is nothing you can do to stop me. Whatever you think you're going to do, do it now, and get the embarrassment out of the way."

Turalisj
2012-08-09, 01:34 AM
Zvioivz and the Bleakstone Elves

To Ibu [PM]
An elf riding atop a white horse, his skin as white as the whitest marble, his hair shining like gold, rides to great the Ibu. "Greetings, friends from the north. We agree that the threats on this land are great. The White Forest grows hungry for blood, the Tarot ever seeking to expand their lands, and the Malakar are a best unpredictable. An alliance would suit both our peoples.

I have this, to offer from the Tribes. A wall, extending from the Mountains that we call home, and along the borders you share with the White Forest and Tarot. Not just a simple wall, but one so tall and so great that mortal armies would break like waves upon it. Both our nations possess great skill in craft and in riches. Such a thing should be simple, no?"

Nyrt
2012-08-09, 04:32 PM
King Calin Aestus looked at the dome surrounding the city of Atlas. Crafted from the most brilliant of magic and engineering, it truly was a marvel. The sun was barely visible through through the water, dying the waters above an inky black with a single bright spot. The whole city was lit by a number of floating balls of light which, in addition to providing light, contained magic which fended off the more dangerous creatures of the deep ocean. The coral buildings were truly a spectacle, crafted from the vibrant reef around the city. Only here could be found some of the most exotic of cuisines, made from creatures never even imagined by the folk of the land above. His work done, he turned back to the open door of his watercraft.

As he rose through the water, he watched the city recede into the darkness; a single point of light in the abyssal void that was the deep of the Pelagic ocean.

hydroplatypus
2012-08-10, 04:47 PM
Amarath/Marrakesh
Loyalty: 8

OOC: Oberoth has (by fluff) existed for a LONG time, and is an ancient city.

Daroth sits in the council chambers debating the funding that will be given to the various magic schools around the nation, when he hears a loud voice. It is time. None could mistake the voice of their Goddess, and all knelt as her avatar would materialize soon. Sure enough a few seconds later a blinding light appeared in the center of the room, causing him to shield his eyes. He had heard the rumors that looking directly at a diety's true form could be deadly, and had no desire to test those rumors. After a minute the light stopped shining and he looked up, to see what form Amarath's avatar had taken. He had known Amarath before she ascended to be the elven diety, and was unsurprised by what he saw.

The Avatar looked like Amarath had looked before her ascention, with not a detail changed, aside from the fact that she hadn't aged since he had last seen her mortal form. She had flame red hair, green eyes, and wore the robes of an archmage.

She looked down at her new form, and seemed pleased by it, then addressed the councilors It is good to be here again, it has been far too long since I have set foot in Oberoth. Now tell me have their been any recent developments...

To Crone

Our records apparently say differently then yours. Regardless having some land thousands of years ago has no bearing on who owns it now, else the empire wouldn't have existed as everything at one point belonged to someone else. These lands belong to us, and before that the Empire. We have lived here for thousands of years and raised generations here. We will not force these people off of their lands merely to satisfy your thousand year old grudge.

We hope that war will not be necessary, but we are capable of defending ourselves so do not try to force us.

To Luna

Given the threat from the Crone I have noticed that our alliance could use a larger navy, as we have none. While we may correct this at a later date we might seek to rectify this by seeking an alliance with Vorago. They have a large Navy, but no land army, and thus would have need of our alliance if they wanted to make any headway in a war with anyone as they are the only island power. What do you think of this. Do you approve of asking him to join our alliance?

razovor
2012-08-11, 02:15 PM

Kantos soared through the sky, the midday sun bouncing off his red scales in beautiful arcs of light. He flapped both sets of majestic wings, propelling himself higher into the sky, his full glowing eyes surveying the landscape below him with delightful pride.

As Skara's avatar; the greatest symbol of the gods power and majesty, Kantos could not help but be proud of the Imperial citizens. He had spent the last month in the Imperial City, among the populace, aiding them in their works as they revelled in the power of their god, who could summon forth such a mighty creature.

In truth, much of it was show. Kantos could not stand up for long in a real fight. But he was not a warrior; he was a leader, his charisma, awe-inspiring majesty and overwhelming willpower serving as a beacon for the people, guiding them down the path of their god.

Kantos had enjoyed his time among the people, but he knew he was needed elsewhere. Now he flew towards the western coastline, passing over small villages and towns, the scattered peoples staring up in awe as he swooped overhead. Occasionally he would roar, his voice thundering through the mountains, or breath a vast blast of fire into the sky, fire being the symbol of the Imperial's.

Before long he reached the sea, and began to fly down the coastline, careful to avoid the Crone's navy. By the end of the day he had reached the mouth of the river through Tanai's land. He had been flying for a few days, so he settled down in what he believed was a secluded valley, and had a nap.

Murska
2012-08-11, 02:37 PM
Tanai, at the Sanctuary Valley

As Kantos lays to rest, eyes observe him unseen. Through the old magic of nature, of the Fey spirits and this land they had touched back during the Shattering after their arrival during Tanai's awakening, messages pass to the nearby hidden Citadel of Sanctuary.

And soon, another figure flies to the same valley. Wreathed in shadow, looking like a murder of crows, Tanai arrives with his own Avatar. The birds coalesce into a dark shape and out of it, like shedding a cape, steps a slender young woman with bright red hair and emerald green eyes. She flashes a sly smile at the figure of Kantos.

After a short appraising look, trying to see through his image to the energy within, she descends to the forest floor.

"Greetings, and welcome to our land. What is it that you seek?"

Ladorak
2012-08-19, 01:22 PM
Turn 1 Acts

Malakar creates a modified race of massive multi-headed wyrms, bigger than the world has ever seen

Skara creates an Avatar and a great fortress

The White Forest creates the Great White Oak (City, kinda, which boosts mil growth)

Ibu creates the Golden Legion, a sentient race of metal men and Hammerfell, a magical artifact

Tarot creates a sentient race, the Unquiet whisperers, and the Military Academy of Nevare

Turn 2 Acts

Malakar takes no visible action

Zvioivz takes no visible action

Luna takes no visible action

Amarath takes no visible action

Tanai creates Ryld, the Changers, a modified race of humans and Sanctuary, a city of secrecy

Vorago creates a new sentient race, the Tritons

Skara will forge the Great Eye, a vast tower in the capitol city,

The White Forest creates a new sentient race, the Hollow Treefolk

Ibu creates the Iron Legion, a modified race of metal men kin to the Golden Legion

The Crone creates a demigod, the Rasher Ala, Queen of Rights

Omadon creates the shadowsimmer cloak and a modified race, the Shadow Banes

Valmar creates the Walrus Eye, a magical orb

Tarot creates a Steel Oath, a magical sword

News

The tides of war

The Regusians have invaded Marrakesh. Several Right armies numbering in the thousands have established bridgeheads across the north coast of Marrakesh. Meanwhile the cut throat mercenaries of the Regusian Navy, pirates in all but name, are pillaging all across the north coast.

The Crone's forces thus distracted, are unable to stop Imperial forces from entering their territory. The followers of Skara have not proven hostile thus far, but they have taken up defensive positions deep in Regus.

Skara's forces, thus distracted, are unable to oppose a small elite unit of demons that penetrated deep into their territory, disappearing soon after they entered the old Imperial City and leaving as suddenly as they arrived. What they sought is unclear.

Malakar's demonic horde is also occupied elsewhere, expanding into the territory to the south and slaughtering all before them.

Tanai has come to Ibu's aid. Many small, maneuverable Taresian vessels await at fords up and down the second of the great rivers the Alagoth must cross to reach Halrua. This massed firepower has driven off several attempts to cross, Alagoth now maraud up and down the length of the river, seeking weakness.

This has given the Golden Legion time to regroup with the Iron Legion and Taresian and Halruan forces. All now stand ready to throw back any attempt at crossing.

The flow of coin

Tana has become the pre-eminent trade city of the world. The Taresian Trade League sails all over the world.

A trade route has also formed between Hub and the lands of Luna bringing many strange new goods to the Overground world.

Strife has chosen to allow the Taresians to mine the skymetal, work has begun on setting up a vast mine.

The winds of magic

A great portal has opened above the plain of eternal strife.

A great magical library, specialising in weather magic, has formed in Atlas

The fickleness of mortals

Some of the Crone's followers are abandoning her ways and travelling to the Imperial City, they are almost entirely Feet.

Some of the Vayok have abandoned the ways of their fathers and have travelled south to Tana in search of easy coin

Murska
2012-08-19, 01:46 PM
Tanai to Omadon

A little girl skips into one of Omadon's caves, not bothered by any mortal guards who act as though she belongs.

Above her head, she waves an old spear, onto which she has speared a surprisingly large fish.

"Brother! I brought dinner!"

Tanai to Ibu

The Grand Admiral of the Taresian navy sends a note to the commander of the ground forces on the field.

I hope this message finds our allies safe and well,

I am afraid that there has been grave tidings from our homeland. Several wars seem to have broken out, and there are rumours of demons and worse. Our entire military is currently here, holding back the invader on your land - I would like to know if you think you can fight with a lesser allotment of our troops, as we do need to keep our own city safe as well.

May the odds be ever in your favour,
Grand Admiral Martin Lostroy

Tanai to Valmar

My friend,

There is a surprising amount of hatred and war nearby for such a small continent, don't you think?

I would have our people swear an oath to defend each other against unlawful, unprovoked invasion, and make that known to everyone else so they'll think twice before trying to tread on the peace of our realms. I believe it would bring safety upon us both.

Call me if you ever find yourself in trouble,
Tanai the Luckless

Tanai to the Ryld

Children of my will, if you would wish for it, I will grant you part of the lands belonging to Tara - the southern end of the peninsula, to call your own and to do with as you will. Once, in a beginning, it was home to the Fey whom I made, and through whose influence you have gained your image. It can be home to you now, if you so wish.

hydroplatypus
2012-08-19, 03:44 PM
Amarath/Marrakesh
Loyalty: 7

To Luna

Well, it looks like the Crone decided to invade. We would appreciate it if you could assist us in this war. Without a significant navy we will have problems we would ask that you assist there. Ground troops would also be appreciated. Are you going to support us in this war?

Murska
2012-08-19, 03:58 PM
Tanai to Amarath, Luna, Ibu, ZvioivZ

Hello, siblings - old and new alike!

I've been thinking. All of us reign over peaceful sorts of people, mortals who only wish to live happily and create things. But we are surrounded by dangerous, warlike groups.

Together, in a Ceremony, we could create a powerful set of Artifacts to safeguard our peace and make the job of any invader more difficult. These 'Seals of Peace' would be distributed to us all and they would prevent surprise attacks and hinder any hostile army in our lands.

To prevent anyone from messing with the Ceremony, we would do the same thing I invented back during the Shattering, which Luna probably remembers - we each vote for and choose one amongst us worthy of our trust, and that one will be authorized to make a single change to something behind our backs - something harmless, like the shape of the Seals or whatever, but something we can all easily see after we're finished. This way if someone else tries to cheat, the ritual will simply fail instead.

As for who pays the cost in power for such an Artifact, I propose that we choose one of the Gods who is currently being invaded, unless someone is willing to volunteer - Ibu or Amarath in this case. They're the the ones getting the most immediate benefit, no?

May the odds be ever in your favour,
Tanai, the Tactless

hydroplatypus
2012-08-19, 04:46 PM
Amarath

To Tanai, Luna, Ibu, ZvioivZ

RE: Seals of Peace

While this offer is indeed tempting I have other things I plan to do relating to the massive war that I am in. I will hopefully get back to you in a bit about this.

To Luna

We would like to propose something with more immediate gains than Tanai. We propose performing a ceremony to boost the military prowess of our nation (2 major payed by me, to boost Mil and Magic for war effort [greater inspiration). In return I am willing to participate in a similar ceremony for your nation at a later date (this is turn 3 so we should have 2 ceremonies each). With the boost that this gives us, combined with the ceremony bonuses it should enable us to greatly shift this war in our favor. While the other ceremony that is performed for your nation will give a massive boost to your nation as well. What do you say to this offer? If you reject than Tanai's offer seems interesting enough to go for.

Murska
2012-08-19, 04:55 PM
Tanai to Luna and Amarath

Do keep in mind that if you fight it out, what with the other side also having a god to power them, it'll be a long and painful road for all the people involved. And afterwards, you'll have spent plenty of power to create a military that has nothing to do in times of peace, unless you're the kind to go invade your own neighbours.

In the long-term, an alliance between every Nurture-type deity will show the Nature-types that we're not to be trifled with, and deter attacks. Meanwhile the Seals will make sure we can gather our forces together to oppose any serious attempt to harm us, and there's the side-effects of decreating banditry and thus increasing prosperity as well.

Having friends is preferrable to hoarding power, I've found. There is only three Old Gods left, myself and Luna being two of those - not even we live forever, no matter how much power we gather.

hydroplatypus
2012-08-19, 05:04 PM
Amarath
loyalty: 7

To Tanai and Luna

You make a persuasive argument, and I suppose that I can postpone my plans for a while. A gigantic group with good relations would also be a good option. Perhaps we shall go along with your plan. I assume that 1 Major act is the required power for this ritual. Given the lack of usefulness of an army in peace (thanks for pointing that out) your option is becoming more attractive. Very well, we will participate and pay the cost assuming it is 1 major.

You have mentioned that we could group together to repel any who would attack us. Do you intend for this to be a military alliance as well? We would certainly be agreeable to this, should it be your intention. If this is your intention do you intend to aid in our current war or only ones that start after the ceremony begins. These are all valid questions. In your next mass message please inform any participants of any of these offers (or conditions of the alliance is mandatory), so that we all know what we will gain from this, and what we are agreeing to.

Luna, please disregard our prior offer of the ceremony. We have reconsidered. We would still appreciate your aid in this war however, particularly on the naval front.

Murska
2012-08-19, 05:18 PM
Tanai to Amarath
Copies of this, and the conversation preceding it, sent to Ibu, Luna and ZvioivZ

I intend to ask for everyone to swear an oath to support each other in the case of an attack upon one of us. But I don't want to force anyone into it - I'm testing the waters here as for whether everyone I've contacted really is of peaceful character. I don't know many of my younger siblings as well as I should.

Personally, I will try to negotiate with the Crone on your behalf and, if that does not work, I will ask if Ibu can fight the White Forest on their own and send whatever I can spare to cut off the Regusians. But for the negotiations, we would have much more leverage if we had several gods all together demanding an end to the hostilities or we will step in.

Honestly, knowing of the Crone, I think that one possibility would be the Regusians giving you a measure of their wealth in exchange for some of their ancestral lands, or some other compromize such as that. But I do not know what you are willing to do or give, yourself.

hydroplatypus
2012-08-19, 05:35 PM
Amarath

To Tani, Ibu, Luna, and ZvioivZ

I would be agreeable to such an agreement to maintain the peace. As to what I am willing to accept from the Crone, given that they just blatantly demanded lands they haven't had for millennia, without even trying to negotiate, and then attacked us we do not plan to give up any of our current lands. We are willing to simply end the war should they withdraw from our lands however, leaving territory at the prior status quo. While we would prefer that they send resources as penalty for this war, and to help us rebuild this is not necessary, and a simple return to peace is acceptable to us.

As for my character I am perfectly willing to remain in peace for centuries. Every elven life lost takes a LONG time to replace, and as such I really have no desire to get my people killed off. Even were that not the case I would prefer to study and advance my nation through the study of magic, not through warfare. I have already found how to structure society so that nearly every elf knows at least a few spells. Given time I could increase our magical lore further and usher in a new golden age for my people fueled by such magic as has never before been seen. Needless to say having my mages killed in warfare would be extremely detrimental to this goal. So yes I intent to remain at peace if given a choice.

Forum Explorer
2012-08-19, 05:48 PM
Luna Def E(8)
To Tanai and Amarath and Ibu and Zvioivz
We are very interested in this ceremony to create a new powerful artifact. What would their effect be however?

We would also like to join whatever defensive alliance we negotiate in the meantime.

To Amarath
We will aid you and you can expect my forces to arrive by both sea and land.

hydroplatypus
2012-08-19, 05:55 PM
Amarath

To Luna

We thank you for your aid. Hopefully we can force a quick end to this war, with minimal death.

Ladorak
2012-08-21, 04:47 PM
Ibu to Tanai, Luna, ZvioivZ

I am interested by this offer. I feel we all could benefit from it greatly, and confess that my people are in dire need.

Omadon to Tanai PM

Yessss

You have proved yourself worthy Lightling. For this you will be rewarded, as I promised.

There is a prophecy, written on the very heartbed of this world. In deepest shadow, in coldest rock, it has waiting all this time, for me to find.

I will not tell you all of it's import, lest you turn on me. It warns of dire times for all of us, but for some worse than others. This spear will play it's role in time, both you and I shall profit from it, if only with our continued existence.

A winnowing is coming, and it shall not spare you youngest of the gods... Or the oldest. It's first sign was the great rock that landed in the north. The Crone's ill advised attempt to reclaim her ancient lands is the second. Soon a god will fall, that shall be the third sign. Then something ancient and evil will awaken.

Murska
2012-08-21, 04:56 PM
Tanai to Ibu, Luna, Amarath

So we are in agreement. We shall, together, power the creation of a set of Seals of Peace, that prevent surprise attacks on our lands and hinder any hostile army on them.

I vote for Ibu to be the one to make sure the ritual is not corrupted. I'm sure none of you can trust me, after all. And he has plenty of reason to make sure it does not fail.

Tanai to Omadon (PM)

Prophecies are fickle things... but one would do well not to discount them outright.

Is there any more we should do to prepare? Or just time to watch and see.

oblivion6
2012-08-21, 05:02 PM
malakar to omadon
i have retrieved the dragon-egg as you requested. what is the real task you wanted done?

Ladorak
2012-08-23, 04:42 PM
Ibu to Tanai, Luna, Amarath

Agreed

Omadon to Tanai PM

Oh yessss, elder Lightling. It speaks of many other things. But, as you say, prophecies are unreliable things. It speaks of a great fire on your continent, but without context that could be Skara, warfare, actual fire, almost anything.

You must watch for the fire however, it represents great danger to you. That is assuming you are 'Of the eldest, s/he of shells and balls, of golden lies and black falsehood.'

Also, I did not lie when first I approached you. The spear will aid us both, but it was little more than a test for what is to come.

No, you and I must steal something that no longer exists, only with it can we bind that which is to come. You are old enough to remember the Chain of Creation?

Omadon to Malakar

Yessss

You have proved yourself worthy Alien Lightling. For this you will be rewarded, as I promised.

There is a prophecy, written on the very heartbed of this world. In deepest shadow, in coldest rock, it has waiting all this time, for me to find.

I will not tell you all of it's import, lest you turn on me. It warns of dire times for all of us, but for some worse than others. This egg, though petrified, will play it's role in time, both you and I shall profit from it, if only with our continued existence.

A winnowing is coming, and it shall not spare the fairest of the gods... Or the foulest. It's first sign was the great rock that landed in the north. The Crone's ill advised attempt to reclaim her ancient lands is the second. Soon a god will fall, that shall be the third sign. Then something ancient will awaken from the slumber of aeons. Something so powerful and evil your demonic legions pale in comparison. A devourer is coming, one that will consume the world and all in it.

Murska
2012-08-23, 04:53 PM
Tanai to Omadon (PM)

...that certainly sounds like me. I'll have to remember that description.

Oh yes. The Chain. It is what I owe my own self to, in fact. But how do you expect us to 'steal' it? Not only was it Shattered, but what it was now echoes in all of Creation.

razovor
2012-08-24, 02:29 AM
Defensive Espionage: 16.5

To Malakar
"You dare attack me!? I will see you ripped limb from limb. You and all your false acolytes."

To Amarath
"I wish to know whether you will be launching a retaliatory strike, after the Regusians have been expelled from your land. I am bringing enlightenment to the Regusians, and do not wish to see them harmed."

To Tanai
"You seem to possess some inkling of divine power. I require assistance performing a ceremony."

To the Regusian People
"His Eminence, Skara, The one true god, wishes to assure you that he will be making no attempt to influence your military forces while you are engaged fighting Amarath in the south."

"While he does not approve of the invasion, he wishes only good things for your people. Enlightening your armed forces at this time, could disrupt planned military actions, and result in tragic deaths for your side. He wishes you the best of luck, and a swift, clean victory."

Murska
2012-08-24, 11:40 AM
Tanai to Skara

"I suppose you could say so, indeed.

What is it that you wish of me? I know plenty about Ceremonies, having been the one who engineered the first one ever held, but even I cannot create anything without a little more information."

oblivion6
2012-08-24, 02:26 PM
malakar
loyalty:8

to skara
"what are you talking about? i did not attack you. i was merely retrieving something from the OLD imperial city. this is none of your concern.

razovor
2012-08-24, 02:41 PM
Belief: 16.5

To Malakar
"The imperial city hasn't moved! It's the same city! You attacked my city!"

oblivion6
2012-08-24, 02:57 PM
malakar
loyalty:8

to skara
if thats the way you want to view the whole incident...i assure you if you attack me you wont find me easy prey.

to wyrms[PM]
i would like to enact the terms of our treaty. it seems skara might be planning to invade my lands very soon.

razovor
2012-08-24, 04:19 PM
Skara / The Imperial City
Loyalty: 16.5

To Malakar:
"Ha! You really think you can present any sort of challenge to me? I'm a god, mortal. You can't even imagine the power I wield."

hydroplatypus
2012-08-24, 06:17 PM
Amarath

To Skara

Our primary intention is to kick them them out of our lands and as such we will not be retaliating if we can avoid it. However if we cannot get a peace treaty out of them we will have no choice. Our only major condition would be that they stay out of our lands, so I cannot see them disagreeing though once we have proven our ability to win, but we must prepare for that nonetheless.

razovor
2012-08-25, 02:31 PM
Belief: 16.5

The Regusian Plains

Surtr finished his exercises, and lifted himself up to his full height. Standing at over twelve feet tall, he was nearly twice the height of a normal man, and had the muscles to match. A veritable war machine, and brilliant tactician, it hadn't taken the Imperial Army long to accept him as their new general.

The Imperial Army was arrayed before him now, the early morning light glinting off their unblemished metal armour. Unblemished, due to a lack of combat. Technically the Imperial Army had never fought a single battle since it's formation, but it is still a very dangerous force. Every man is highly disciplined, meticulously trained, and willing to fight to the death for their nation.

No threat, be it man or beast, can stand against their might. Or so the Holy Word of Skara says. And who in the right mind would question it's infallibility? New converts turned to the church every day, thanks to Kantos and the rest of the Empire's evangelists, and of those almost all served the church as evangelists themselves. The church was growing at an alarming rate, like a blaze, growing ever stronger as it consumed all it's wake.

Ladorak
2012-09-13, 07:53 AM
Turn 1 Acts

Skara creates an Avatar and a great fortress

Turn 2 Acts

Malakar takes no visible action

Zvioivz takes no visible action

Tanai creates Ryld, the Changers, a modified race of humans and Sanctuary, a city of secrecy

Vorago creates a new sentient race, the Tritons

Skara will forge the Great Eye, a vast tower in the capitol city,

The White Forest creates a new sentient race, the Hollow Treefolk

Ibu creates the Iron Legion, a modified race of metal men kin to the Golden Legion

The Crone creates a demigod, the Rasher Ala, Queen of Rights

Omadon creates the shadowsimmer cloak and a modified race, the Shadow Banes

Valmar creates the Walrus Eye, a magical orb

Tarot creates a Steel Oath, a magical sword

Turn 3 Acts

Malakar creates the fortress city of Death-hold

Zvioivz creates Laurina'Anca, the Golden Jaws. Laurina'Anca is a city on the border between the Bleakstone Elves and the White Forest.

Tanai takes no visible action

Vorago takes no visible action

Skara creates the beacon, a massive structure within the Imperial city

The White Forest takes no visible action

Ibu takes no visible action

The Crone takes no visible action

Omadon creates a demigod, the Watcher

Valmar takes no visible action

Tarot takes no visible action

Act 3 Ceremonies:
Ibu, Zvioivz, Tanai, Luna, Amarath combine to create the Seals of Peace

Skara and Tanai combine to create an unnamed set of magical items.

Words of War, the year of dramatic reversals:

In the dead of night the Hollow Treefolk drift slowly downriver. In the pale moonlight they approach Tanai's fleet blockading the river ford. They take the Taresians completely by surprise, hauling their huge bulks upward onto decks to begin a bloody slaughter. The sailors fight well and bravely, but this is a battle where the speed and maneuverability of their crafts count for nothing, and the skill of their archers for little. Those captains that can are forced to disengage and retreat downstream. The Alagoth are free to cross the river and ravage Halrua.

Yet, the very next day, as the horde is assembling to cross on mass, word comes from the south. The Bleakstone Elves have attacked the White Forest in force. With almost the entirety of the Alagoth menfolk far to the north the elves have been able to burn hundreds of acres of woodland, and are now closing on the Great White Oak. The horde has no choice but to, while cursing, turn their horses around and head back to the forest, swearing bloody oaths of vengeance against the elves.

Meanwhile in the south the Regusian forces have also suffered severe reversals. The sudden rise in the worship of Skara among the Foot caste has crippled their support at home. Even the arrival of the demigod, Rasher Ala, Queen of Rights, has not moved the Right Legions further south. Then the forces of Luna arrive to aid the people of Marrakesh, and the two Avatars combine to reap a bloody harvest indeed with their considerable magical might. Of the four Right armies currently in Marrakesh only the one led by the Rasher Ala is not being beaten back.

Omadon to Luna PM
Greetings, light Darkling.

You have proved yourself worthy, and loyal, two things which are rare above ground. I wish to tell you something, so you might better arm yourself against what is coming.

I will not tell you all of it's import, lest you turn on me. It warns of dire times for all of us, but for some worse than others.

A winnowing is coming, and it shall not spare the fairest of the gods... Or the foulest. It's first sign was the great rock that landed in the north. The Crone's ill advised attempt to reclaim her ancient lands is the second. Soon a god will fall, that shall be the third sign. Then something ancient will awaken from the slumber of aeons. Something powerful and evil. A devourer is coming, one that will consume the world and all in it.

I see now that you are the one spoke of, the half dark. It speaks of a fire in on the northern continent. It is clear the fire is metaphorical, and I cannot pierce it's meaning. It bodes well for you, this it says. It is a chance to be taken.

Valmar to Tanai
(Via Strife) The Walrus Eye sees much. I am disappointed, but not surprised, by your treachery, god of tricks. You will cease this meddling in my gods affairs immediately, or the loss of the mining contract will be the least of your concerns

razovor
2012-09-13, 08:21 AM
Skara

To the Crone [Pm]
"You have failed your people. Your push to the south has been utterly fruitless, and depleted your forces such that you can't hope to defeat me.

"Despite all your efforts, I continue to convert your people. You can't stop me, or hope to turn the tide. My people will continue to grow, yours will continue to weaken. Given time, your defeat is inevitable."

"I'm offering you a way out. Swear subservience to me, or die. My people will leave immediately, and together we can begin spreading the holy message to the others of this world. Join me, and one day every person in existence will praise your name."

hydroplatypus
2012-09-13, 09:38 AM
Amarath

To Luna

Thank you for your aid. The war goes well, with our enemies beaten back at every turn. With our new artifacts we should be capable of forcing an agreement from them.

We would recommend that we attempt to force a peace treaty upon them, preferably (but not nessesarily) with some reparations for attacking us. perhaps econ of equal value to that destroyed by the war, as well as a portion of their navy be delivered to our personell. Exact numbers can be debated, but this seems to be descent enough. I would like to get your views on what an acceptable treaty is before I propose anything to them.

Should they refuse I recommend that we focus our attcks on the army commanded by Rasher Ala, as killing her will likely break enemy morale. Here is a recommendation for our attack plans: Keep what is nessesary to keep the other armies in retreat of course, but have the rest of your forces meet up with mine so that we can launch a massive attack on Rasher. Then when Ala has been located we use a set of devices that I have made. These devices boost spell range by a large amount. I reccommend that your Avatar and mine both use these (along with my most powerful mages) to produce a focused blast of magic specifically for the purpose of killing Rasher. With their leader gone (in addition to the likely panic of our personally joining the battle) we should be able to route the final intact enemy army. At that point they should have so few surviving military forces that they will have to agree to any conditions we want to impose upon them. Do you approve of these battle plans? Do you recommend any changes?

razovor
2012-09-13, 11:03 AM
Skara:

To Amarath (7)
"I would like to offer my support against the Crone's forces. Their invasion of your lands was an inexcusable offence. We would like to ensure they do not have the capability to do such again."

To Ladorak:
I will deliberately allow the Crone to intercept the above message to Amarath. I want to make it clear what will happen if they refuse my offer.

hydroplatypus
2012-09-13, 11:23 AM
Amarath

To Skara, copied to Luna

First of all Luna is helping me in this war, so she should be included in this discussion as well.

As to the offer of aid I have no objections to aid, however we are hoping to force a peace agreement on them soon. If a treaty has not been reached by {EOT} then I would certainly appreciate the aid. However we must discuss possible terms for the Crone's surrender, as myself and Luna are winning the war at the moment and your forces would basically guarantee our victory. I have an idea of what I would accept in a peace treaty, and was wondering what conditions (if any) you would want in a peace treaty with the Crone?

I have no real desire to conquor their lands, and desire concessions from them in the way of {econ} to rebuild my infrastructure and ships from their navy as the crews can easily be changed out without security issues. The ships would prevent anyone else from raiding me as the Crone's forces have. Perhaps a limit on military forces, and requiring them to turn over their current artifacts would also be in there.

Obviously in order for concessions to be payed the Crone's nation needs to be intact in at least some form, so you annexing them is not a desirable solution as we would get nothing from them. Perhaps we could impose a military limit on the Crone as well limiting them to say 3 Mil in order to avoid a repeat. If the crone ever becomes a problem again they would then be simple to deal with.

What conditions/terms do you want from the crone? If a peace were to be negotiated solely between myself, Luna and the Crone would you accept whatever terms we come to, or would you have some of your own?

That being said if negotiations do not become successful in imposing a solution by {EOT} I would greatly appreciate your military aid.

OOC: I wrote this in parts, so it is likely at least somewhat repetitive, but I hope you got the point. If not here is a summary: what are your plans regarding the crone's land, and do you want anything in particular out of a peace agreement, or are you doing this out of the goodness of your heart?

Forum Explorer
2012-09-13, 11:41 AM
Luna 8

To Amarath
For peace terms We only demand that they replace at least half of the naval forces that We lost in battle as well as forfeiting her claim on your lands for all time.

For battle We disagree with your plans to a degree. Most of Our forces will not join up with you but will continue to push the enemy back as well as get behind the enemy army.

We shall join you personally to aid in your assassination attempt. Our spies will draw her out to make this easier. We assume that We may keep the spell device after the fight?

To Omadon PM
This prophecy is troubling. Hopefully there will be quite some time before the next sign comes to pass, but we cannot count on such fortune. Call upon Our aid if it is needed and We promise to come as soon as possible.

In other news Our war with the Crone has revealed a troubling weakness in Our land. We lack a true naval power to stop rival gods from invading our lands in the first place. We propose a ceremony between us to create a race of warriors dwelling in the deepest and blackest waters.

razovor
2012-09-13, 12:18 PM
Skara:

To Amarath and Luna [7]
"The Regusian people are still a long way from fully converting to my church. It will be many years yet. There is no need to worry about that."

"I understand your desire to rebuild, but I would feel much safer if the compensation to your peoples was entirely paid in military forces."

"It would not be right of me to ask for compensation for myself, as I have suffered no losses. My gain from this will be seeing a significant threat weakened."

hydroplatypus
2012-09-13, 12:47 PM
Aamrath

To Luna

We are fine with the changes. As long as you participate in the assassination attempt we are happy. And yes you will be allowed to keep the spell device afterwards. And thanks for using your spies to draw them out. Given your lack of mentioning our terms I assume that you generally agree to what we have proposed. I will begin negotiations with the Crone. Also at Skara's request I will shift the focus from economic concessions to mainly military ones, with weaponry {Mil} and ships from the Navy making up the main part of the concessions, likely with enough magical materials to make up the economic loss. we will include you in the discussion as well.

To Skara

We will attempt to shift our demands to military materials, as well as magic related things. Thank you for clarifying your position. we will begin negotiations shortly, and let you know how it goes.

To Crone, copied to Luna

Hello Crone, it would appear that you are losing this war at the moment. 4 our of your 5 armies are in retreat, and your demigod is the only thing holding your morale together. Combined with the increasing internal problem with disloyalty that you have we do not think you are really in a position to continue this war. Here are my demands in order to secure peace:
1. you forever relinquish your claims on my land, in writing, as well as making a public proclamation of this.
2. you provide 50% of the war materials of your current armies to the people of Marrakesh as payment for your aggression.
3. Luna will likely demand naval assets to replace losses. I demand that out of what remains after this 1/3 of your remaining assets (min 1) be given my nation.
4. That magical materials and casting aids equal to 1/3 of your current casting capacity be given to the people of marrakesh.
5. That all of your forces immediately leave our lands upon cessation of hostilities. You are responsible for providing transport to these forces.

What do you say to our demands? and remember if you do not agree we posses the military might to force even harsher conditions upon you should you choose to continue this war.

Murska
2012-09-13, 02:11 PM
Tanai to Valmar

(via Strife)
I have to admit that ceasing meddling that is not taking place is difficult for me - I do not know what you have seen, but as advice having two eyes increases perspective.

I've gathered information that allows me to 'meddle in your affairs' as you so put it, if I should wish to do so - nothing such as that has actually taken place, however. It is just a precaution - I do not have a significant ground military, so making sure nobody in my immediate neighbourhood is able to attack me is a priority. Now that we have the Seals of Peace to prevent that, it should be unnecessary to continue such precautions.

Ladorak
2012-09-13, 04:44 PM
Valmar to Tanai
Via Strife: Your words are honeyed but leave a bitter after taste. That said, I can see the truth of your words, that you may only have sought to gauge our intent. I say again however, the Walrus Eye will see your spies. This one chance is given.

Crone to Amarath and Luna PM
Via the Rasher Ala:
Understand that you still do not, despite our loses, have the military might to overturn us. We however understand that we cannot win a war on two fronts.

I can either crush the rebellion back home, or I can crush both of you. My choice is easy.

In response to your terms:
1. Agreed
2. Agreed, but only on completion of the homefront war
3. No
4. Agreed, but only on completion of the homefront war
5. Agreed

Crone to Skara PM
Tell me more of this glory you promise. How will people chant my name if I bow to you?

Ibu to Zvioivz
Many thanks for your aid. The horde now comes for you. Do you intend to press further into the White Forest, or turn to battle the horde, or retreat before them? Our forces should work together if you intend to face the Alagoth.

razovor
2012-09-13, 05:22 PM
Skara

To the Crone [PM]
"We will form a Pantheon, and merge our belief systems. Both of our citizens will worship both of us. We combine our efforts, and begin targeting other god's believers. Draw their resources away from them as I did to you."

"We get stronger and our enemies get weaker, and as we do it only becomes easier and easier to convert their people. We start with the targets no-one will object to, until we've built up enough power to take on the rest."

"Right now, the Alagoth are in no position to stop us. How many followers do you think we could take from them if we started today?"

hydroplatypus
2012-09-13, 05:47 PM
Amarath

To Luna

What do you think of the crone's response to the demands that were sent? I do not favor accepting, as nothing will be paid now, and we have no guarantee that anything at all will be paid at a later date. However should you favor acceptance I might be persuaded to accept.

Murska
2012-09-13, 05:52 PM
Tanai to Omadon (PM)
Hm.

Valmar has apparently created an artifact that pierces the shadows both of us use to hide, and is able to view secrets it shouldn't, thus making it difficult to perform anything with proper subtlety.

As the God of Darkness, would you happen to know of any way to blind such an item? Preferrably, of course, without the owner noticing.

Nyrt
2012-09-13, 07:52 PM
Vorago [9]

Words carried on the wind to all who travel the seas, echoing across the waves
These winds taste of ash, and blood, and fear;
But these winds are changing, these winds are free;
Bless those loyal hardy men, and to your heart hold them dear;
Oh hear us when we cry to thee, For those in peril on the sea.

[OOC]: are there icecaps at the north and south poles?

[also OOC]:Also, does the world wrap spherically or toroidally? (E.G if you go off the top you come back on the other side of the top vs come back on the bottom. On a toroidal world, the north and south poles are the same place, on a sphere, there are two poles.)

Forum Explorer
2012-09-15, 04:48 PM
Luna

To Amarath
It's worth considering that the Crone might not actually have the naval forces remaining to pay even one of us. Her confidence seems to be bravado. We could easily crush her if we so chose to.

Still We recommend peace instead. Ultimantly peace is our mutual goal and there is very little to be gained by continuing the war. The Crone's terms are acceptable though ask for something to guarantee that she will actually pay at the end of the war. We only ask that We receive a share of whatever payment you receive.

hydroplatypus
2012-09-15, 06:35 PM
Amarath

To Luna

What did you have in mind as a guarantee? I mean she is fighting a civil war at the moment, which I could see her losing easily with her being annexed by Skara soon afterwards. The reason that I recommend crushing her now is so that we actually get something out of it. How about we lower the demands and attempt to get less than our initial offer, but we get it now?

What do you think of the following offer?
1. you forever relinquish your claims on my land, in writing, as well as making a public proclamation of this.
2. 2 Navy be paid to Luna to replace losses
3. 2 Magic worth of arcane supplies be delivered to Amarath
4. That all of your forces immediately leave our lands upon cessation of hostilities. You are responsible for providing transport to these forces.
5. all payments to be paid as soon as possible.

I would guess that setting an actual number for the payments and getting rid of the MIL requirement would make her more agreeable. I would suppose that losing the navy and magic would not be to harmful to her civil war, and as such should make it easier to accept.

Forum Explorer
2012-09-15, 08:53 PM
Luna

To Amarath
Well We suspect that she has almost no naval forces left. So even that 2 navy would be beyond her. We would suggest 1 econ immediately if you want to get the payment immediately.

A good guarantee would be holding onto the demi-god in your lands. She gets it back when she pays.

I would give her the choice between the two in fact.

hydroplatypus
2012-09-15, 09:06 PM
Amarath

To Luna

I will inquire about the demigod. If used as a guarantee then I will accept her delayed payment. If she rejects the offer I will attempt to find something she can pay to us. Mostly magic and Econ probably. Anyway, I have sent her a message to explain the new offer.

To Crone, Luna

We are willing to accept delayed payment from you on one condition. We get a hostage to guarantee your good behavior. That hostage will be the demi-god that currently leads the army in our lands. She will be held by myself and Luna until such a time as payment is rendered. Also should it be preferable we are willing to change the MIL condition to a payment of Econ and/or magic instead so that you can keep your armies for your other war.

Nyrt
2012-09-15, 10:51 PM
Vorago [9]

to Valmar, The Crone, Amarath, Luna, Ibu, The White Forest

In the coming months, a trading expedition will be following a route which intersects each of your territories. I ask permission to make a landing in each of your territories with a small contingent of minimally armed trading vessels to resupply and trade with your people. You may monitor them as you like, however if the ships or any of the crew thereof are attacked, it will be considered a breach of trust or open hostility depending on the circumstances and will be treated as such. Should any of you not wish the expedition to make a stop in your territory, please respond accordingly and the route will be revised according to your wishes.
Respectfully,
-Loren Waterstrider, Master of trade, adviser to King Calin Aestus

to those not listed above
In the coming months, a trading expedition will be undertaken. At this time, landings in your territories are not scheduled, however should you desire it, it is a possibility. Should you wish the trading expedition to make a stop in your territory, please respond accordingly, and the route will be*revised to accommodate your wishes. However, if the ships or the crew thereof are attacked, it will be considered a breach of trust and open hostility and treated as such.
Respectfully,

razovor
2012-09-16, 07:37 AM
Skara

To Vorago [9]
"The Imperial City welcomes all. Come, and let both our peoples benefit from a mutual exchange of culture and goods."

Prior Samuel, chosen one of Skara

Forum Explorer
2012-09-16, 11:21 AM
Luna

To Vorago
With the war with the Crone on We couldn't guarantee the safety of your ships and people. Therefore We recommend skipping past Our lands unless the war ends before you arrive.

hydroplatypus
2012-09-16, 11:26 AM
Amarath

To Vorago

We would be happy to accept your trading mission, however we feel that a warning is nessesary. Although we are still winning the war against the Crone there may yet be a Naval battle or two should negotiations fail. As we do not have our own Naval resources we cannot guarantee their safety. Should they be willing to accept this risk however we would gladly welcome them.

Nyrt
2012-09-16, 11:47 AM
Vorago [9]

To Amarath, Luna
Are there no ports on your costs which are unspoiled by war? Is the crone so warlike she would begrudge peaceful trade? If this is so, so be it, and perhaps further trading convoys may come in times of greater peace. Should a peace be reached between you and the Crone, we would be happy to make a stop in your lands.
Thank you for your consideration;
-Loren Waterstrider, master of trade, adviser to King Calin Aestus

Skara
We would be happy to make a landing in a port along your eastern coast. We had originally planned not to, as the leg eastward to go around the Valmarian peninsula would add considerable distance to our journey, but if you are so obliging and we can resupply in your port, we would be happy to do so.
Many thanks,
Loren Waterstrider, master of trade, adviser to King Calin

hydroplatypus
2012-09-16, 12:06 PM
Amarath

To Vorago

Luna's lands are mainly unspoiled, so you should have no problems there unless there has been devastation that I have not heard of. My lands however are greatly devastated, with the coastal infrastructure being completely gone at this point. We only recently expanded to the sea and hadn't had time to go to build a navy of notable strength. The Crone had unimpeded access to raid our coastlines until the arrival of Luna's forces. She is indeed warlike enough to completely stop sea trade for our nation, as she did not have the forces to guarantee a victory in open war. Once a peace is reached and ports rebuilt however I would greatly welcome trade with your nation. Should a peace be reached {this turn} then perhaps we will have a port rebuilt by {turn after that}.

Nyrt
2012-09-16, 04:59 PM
Vorago [9]

Amarath
This is dreadful news indeed. I had no idea the extent of this war; as we are an island nation, we don't receive much news from the mainland. When you have re-established your ports, we would be more than willing to open trade to help you recover.

Ladorak
2012-09-19, 05:45 PM
Crone to Skara PM
I could be persuaded to join such a thing. But the cost of my fealty will be aid in the war in the south

Crone to Luna and Amarath PM
Via the Rasher Ala: This is insane! You must understand that I am needed to crush the rebellion in good time. This is an unreasonable demand, I cannot accept

hydroplatypus
2012-09-19, 05:49 PM
Amarath

To Crone

The proble, we have with your offer is that it involves you paying later. Simply put we do not trust you enough to actually believe that you will actually pay at a later date. We need some form of guarantee that you will do so. Do you have any alternative suggestions for what would serve as a guarantee?

razovor
2012-09-19, 05:52 PM
Skara

To the Crone
"Why fight an even match against two, seemingly respectful nations, when we could be ripping apart the weakened, 'evil' Alagoths?

"Better for our reputation, and much easier to get spoils."

Ladorak
2012-09-21, 06:13 AM
The Crone to Skara
The Alagoth have nothing I desire, and are far from helpless, despite your confidence. I have told you the price of my allegiance

The Crone to Luna, Amarath
Via the Rasher Ala: My word is my guarantee, that is all you should require. We will be returning to our lands, if we do not pay after the homefront war is concluded, you are welcome to attempt a forcing of reparation from us.

Ibu to Zvioivz
Many thanks for your aid. The horde now comes for you. Do you intend to press further into the White Forest, or turn to battle the horde, or retreat before them? Our forces should work together if you intend to face the Alagoth.

hydroplatypus
2012-09-21, 06:55 AM
Amarath

To Luna

I really don't think that we will force a better deal or a guarantee out of the Crone. How about we simply accept and hope for the best? After all it would end the war.

Forum Explorer
2012-09-21, 10:27 AM
Luna

To Amarath
Very well. Hopefully the Crone will not seek to betray our generosity and trust.

Turalisj
2012-09-21, 11:49 AM
ZvioivZ

To Ibu
We cannot fully trust that communication lines have not been compromised, so we shall say little. What we will say is that if you press the advantage into White Forest territory, we shall aide you as we can.

To Vorago [PM]
In the dead of night, a black hulled ship appears at the docks. Four warriors step off the plank, armored in glistening black steel, their eyes shining like jewels. A fifth figured stepped off, a woman of breathtaking beauty. "I have come to make an offer of alliance with your people. Would you care to listen?"

hydroplatypus
2012-09-21, 12:32 PM
Amarath

To Crone

Very well, we accept your modifications to our proposal. The war is over.

We will be expecting your statement acknowledging the contested land as ours shortly.

Can you give us an estimate of when your civil war will end?

Nyrt
2012-09-21, 02:33 PM
Vorago [9]

Valmar, The Crone, Ibu, The White Forest
In the coming months, a trading expedition will be following a route which intersects each of your territories. I ask permission to make a landing in each of your territories with a small contingent of minimally armed trading vessels to resupply and trade with your people. You may monitor them as you like, however if the ships or any of the crew thereof are attacked, it will be considered a breach of trust or open hostility depending on the circumstances and will be treated as such. Should any of you not wish the expedition to make a stop in your territory, please respond accordingly and the route will be revised according to your wishes.
Respectfully,
[OOC:] resending this to those from whom I received no response.

ZvioivZ [PM]
The warriors are asked to stay outside the palace during negotiations.
"I would be happy to hear what you have to say." says Calin, after allowing himself to be pulled away from his maps.

razovor
2012-09-24, 03:27 AM
Skara
Belief: 17.5

To the Crone [PM]
"Very well then, let us show these infidels what true power looks like"

To Malakhar
"Greetings. The Imperial City is in temporary need of additional spies, to help us fight our enemies. We are willing to pay in permanent economic assets for the highest quality men and tools for the job. What rates would you require for this exchange?"

Prior John of the Imperial City

To Tanai
"Greetings. The Imperial City is in temporary need of additional spies, to help us fight our enemies. We are willing to pay in permanent economic assets for the highest quality men and tools for the job. What rates would you require for this exchange?"

To Omadon

To Zvoivz