PDA

View Full Version : Battle Jump: a final answer

D@rK-SePHiRoTH-
2012-07-27, 07:04 AM
By the most RAW possible interpretation,

does Battle Jump allow multiple charges, should you be able to jump multiple times in the same turn?

Ranting Fool
2012-07-27, 07:12 AM
By the most RAW possible interpretation,

does Battle Jump allow multiple charges, should you be able to jump multiple times in the same turn?

Charge is a Full round action. So while you could jump and move up to your full allowence you should only be able to charge once no matter what (Barring Belts of battle or other items that allow you to do extra full round actions)

Hand_of_Vecna
2012-07-27, 07:35 AM
I don't understand how this would even be a question. Charge is a full found action regardless of what add-ons you have. Are you asking if you can make multiple attacks on a battle jump-charge? The answer to that is "Yes, if you have a way to make multiple attacks on a charge such as pounce."

dextercorvia
2012-07-27, 07:42 AM
The question has to do with the poor wording of Battle Jump, which seems to indicate that the charge is triggered (by dropping on your foe) rather than being its own action with a different sort of movement.

kitcik
2012-07-27, 08:22 AM
You won't get a "final answer" here. Just use your Google-fu, there are a lot of smart threads on this question.

I would say 70% agree that, RAW, you can make multiple full attacks in a round with Pounce and Battle Jump and some other shenanigans.

That said, I have never met a DM who would allow it, so isn't the question moot?

Darrin
2012-07-27, 10:09 AM
Charge is a Full round action. So while you could jump and move up to your full allowence you should only be able to charge once no matter what (Barring Belts of battle or other items that allow you to do extra full round actions)

Battle Jump activates when you "drop" on an opponent from above. The feat itself doesn't specify or particularly care what actions you used to get above your opponent.

Consider the typical "Shadow Pounce" arrangement:

Shadow Jaunt = standard action
Shadow Stride = move action
Shadow Blink = swift action

On your turn, you could teleport 10' above your opponent three times, activating Battle Jump each time you "drop".

(Even without ToB, you can get swift-action teleports via dimension hop, Anklets of Translocation, Abrupt Jaunt, etc.)

The text of Battle Jump is mangled beyond any hope of RAW. For me, I think this is a pretty clear case of "Rule of Cool, Melee-Haters Drool", but YMMV.

Rejakor
2012-07-27, 06:26 PM
Stuff like Shadow Pounce lets you full attack from any action that teleports you.

Battle Jump lets you charge from any action that drops you 10' onto an enemy's square.

This is the essential basis of the rebouncing Hood. By RAW, you can actually use every 10' of move in a move action to fly up and then fall down repeatedly and get as many charge attacks as you have move/10, per move action spent.

And then you divine impetus and it all goes to crap.