PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Can You Help Me Make This Concept Work?

SandSpider
2012-07-27, 07:15 AM
Greetings! My friends and I are starting an FR campaign, and I'm hoping to make as hilariously powerful a 'Gish' build as possible while sticking within a basic concept. We're hoping to push all the way to level 30, so it's a lot of skills, feats, and spells to cover, and I could really use some help. The limiting factors are I'd like to play the Shifter race, I'd like to use 'Finesse' and be mostly Dex/Int based, and I'd like to slip some levels of Swashbuckler or a similarly nimble class into the build. Using those criteria, I want to make an (at least somewhat) comparably powerful version of the Swiftblade/Abjurant Champion I've been reading about while browsing the forums.

So, can it be done? We're going to play rather loose with the rules, occasionally allowing access to skills, feats, classes, and spells that may technically be prohibited as long as we have reasonable justifications and aren't using them to be *too* much more game-breakingly overpowered than the standard rules allow. So if you have any concepts that are slightly out of bounds, don't hesitate to share them! Other than that, I would love as many specific feats, spells, skills, ect. as you can offer, as well as any relevant links or references. Any such info that will help me make a powerful Caster/Fighter is appreciated!

Medic!
2012-07-27, 07:47 AM
I can't say much for the caster side of life, but Warblade from Tome of Battle and Swashbuckler have some great synergy (adding your INT mod to damage, reflex saves, and a few other tasty bonuses, mostly twice and all stacking)

SandSpider
2012-07-27, 06:15 PM
Thanks! I'll keep that class in mind, though I'm hoping to sacrifice as few caster levels as possible along the way. I do however want to be viable in melee as well, so I'm guessing I'll have to make a few concessions.