PDA

View Full Version : Please critique my Seaseme Street creations.

Pika...
2012-07-27, 03:21 PM
http://www.scribd.com/doc/101216102/The-Street

Please let me know what the experts on here think. Tried my best, but I know they might need work.

Also, I am drawing a blank as to what to do with "The Corrupter". Any ideas would be especially appreciated on that one.

Wyntonian
2012-07-27, 06:12 PM
I.........

I like Sesame Street :smallfrown:. God, Bert in leather with a whip is just too goddamn weird. I mean, you did a solid job, but I don't think I could run this. :smalleek:

For the Corruptor... I dunno. I don't know which way you want to take this.

Pika...
2012-07-27, 06:35 PM
I love Seaseme Street too. I just hate what "The Corrupter" has turned it into. :smallfrown:

Hazzardevil
2012-07-28, 04:37 AM
I imagine that the corrupter would be like a more generic muppet only is more powerful, perhaps with a minion summoning ability? I'm presuming it is Elmo that is the corrupter.

Rainbownaga
2012-07-28, 06:50 AM
It's Elmo. As in tickle-me. It's got to have some hideous laughter ability. Whereas the other characters have been 'corrupted' this one should remain as cannon as possible.

Which would make it all the more terrifying.

Pika...
2012-07-28, 08:01 AM
It's Elmo. As in tickle-me. It's got to have some hideous laughter ability. Whereas the other characters have been 'corrupted' this one should remain as cannon as possible.

Which would make it all the more terrifying.

I LOVE that idea! Brilliant! :smallbiggrin:

Melayl
2012-07-28, 10:12 AM
This is awesome! I, too, hate what has happened on my beloved Sesame Street. There's a few spelling and grammatical errors, but that happens.

As for Elmo, maybe give him some AoE based on his laughter. Either a mind-affecting ability (insanity, fear, etc) or something like Tasha's Hideous Laughter. I'd probably go with the mind-affecting. Perhaps his laughter was how he spread the corruption...

Maybe give him a Moppet fairy as a consort ...er, cohort?

What kind of treasure/rewards are you putting in for the characters? Other than getting to kill Elmo, that is. I see Treasure ratings on the Moppets, but did you think of anything special to reward them with?

Bhu
2012-07-28, 11:15 AM
nice :smallcool:

D_Lord
2012-07-28, 12:28 PM
I would so some, but I can't read one word of it, it is just simbles and boxes, for me.

Hazzardevil
2012-07-28, 02:38 PM
I would so some, but I can't read one word of it, it is just simbles and boxes, for me.

Did you try zooming in to the document?

Noctis Vigil
2012-07-28, 05:18 PM
Oh God, laughing too hard. My sides hurt. This is brilliant.

Centric
2012-07-28, 05:40 PM
I remember an episode where the gang had to dissuade the Corrupter from the veterinarian lady, Gina, a la "crush on my teacher". There's your consort cohort for you. Something Mr. Noodle-inspired wouldn't go amiss either, unless it's completely no-adults-ever. I think, though, that maybe the pure, dark, need (I need to stop typing) of the Corrupter might slightly justify Gina's presence, and might trick the PC's into letting down their guard at seeing something even slightly familiar as a human. Iunno.

In other news, this is amazing.

EDIT: Gina could just be a child with a way with animals that caught his eye. Although she is one of those children whose wishes prevent full Corruption, special attention and presence of the Corrupter have drained her will considerably more. She might be that one girl who appears in dreams as a guide. Or a way of targeting the Corrupter's softer side if the PC's manage to free her just a bit. Or a tragic death if they destroy her soul in the final fight. Or a willing cohort to make things all the weirder. But honestly, with a leather-bound Rubber Ducky in this, it's almost a minor salvo.

Pika...
2012-07-30, 06:54 PM
nice :smallcool:

Coming from the great Bhu this is an honor. http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t267/Qoais/BowingSmiley.gif

This is awesome! I, too, hate what has happened on my beloved Sesame Street.

I am glad someone can relate. :smallsmile:

As for Elmo, maybe give him some AoE based on his laughter. Either a mind-affecting ability (insanity, fear, etc) or something like Tasha's Hideous Laughter. I'd probably go with the mind-affecting. Perhaps his laughter was how he spread the corruption...

Sounds delightfully evil. And yes, that can explain the spread a bit.

Maybe give him a Moppet fairy as a consort ...er, cohort?

Does this refer to somebody?

What kind of treasure/rewards are you putting in for the characters? Other than getting to kill Elmo, that is. I see Treasure ratings on the Moppets, but did you think of anything special to reward them with?

Hmm...

Good point. What do you suggest?

Oh God, laughing too hard. My sides hurt. This is brilliant.

Aww. Thank you for the kind words. :smallsmile:

I remember an episode where the gang had to dissuade the Corrupter from the veterinarian lady, Gina, a la "crush on my teacher". There's your consort cohort for you. Something Mr. Noodle-inspired wouldn't go amiss either, unless it's completely no-adults-ever. I think, though, that maybe the pure, dark, need (I need to stop typing) of the Corrupter might slightly justify Gina's presence, and might trick the PC's into letting down their guard at seeing something even slightly familiar as a human. Iunno.

EDIT: Gina could just be a child with a way with animals that caught his eye. Although she is one of those children whose wishes prevent full Corruption, special attention and presence of the Corrupter have drained her will considerably more. She might be that one girl who appears in dreams as a guide. Or a way of targeting the Corrupter's softer side if the PC's manage to free her just a bit. Or a tragic death if they destroy her soul in the final fight. Or a willing cohort to make things all the weirder. But honestly, with a leather-bound Rubber Ducky in this, it's almost a minor salvo.

Who is Gina?

Also, I was debating Mr. Noodles. I was thinking of an older monk who lost most control of his body due to Elmo, and hence is forced to "Noodle" for The Corrupter's pleasure. However, in combat it strangely works out to be quite effective (a monk basically). During the whole encounter he would be begging the PCs to put him out of his misery.

Melayl
2012-07-31, 09:08 AM
Does this refer to somebody?
Abby Kadabby - a fairy muppet friend of Elmo's (my kids watch it...) A fairy with powerful but ... unpredictable ... and hard to use magic. They hang out a lot.

Good point. What do you suggest?
I'm not sure on that, really. I'll think more on it.

Also, this module needs more Grover/Super Grover. Grover was always one of my favorites. Maybe some Kermit, too?

Pika...
2012-07-31, 11:14 AM
Oh yes, Super Grover. Perhaps I could use him as a "DM saves the pitiful party from certain death card"? Perhaps he is the last "Uncorrupeted" Moppet left due to his Super Hero status?

Maybe if the PCs mess up and are about to get TPKed he can fly in, battle the encounter, and then have a sobby death scene as he updates the PCs as to what is going on?

Hazzardevil
2012-07-31, 11:16 AM
Maybe some Kermit, too?

Kermit was the muppits!
So he deserves his own module really.

Edit: According to Tvtropes he was in it, but I'm too young to have seen much of Sesame Street.

Melayl
2012-07-31, 01:54 PM
Oh yes, Super Grover. Perhaps I could use him as a "DM saves the pitiful party from certain death card"? Perhaps he is the last "Uncorrupeted" Moppet left due to his Super Hero status?

Maybe if the PCs mess up and are about to get TPKed he can fly in, battle the encounter, and then have a sobby death scene as he updates the PCs as to what is going on?
Well, Grover was really quite gullible. I'd see him as one of the first to fall, so to speak. After all, Grover & Elmo are very similar in appearance. Maybe as a challenge as the PC's pass through the gates into the castle?

Or... Maybe he didn't fall... Maybe he's chained outside the castle, his helmet rusting and his cloak tattered. Fur falling off in clumps, with little Moppet scars on his face and back. Left to hang there and listen to the weeping of the children, knowing he couldn't bring himself to destroy Elmo when he had the chance. Perhaps Elmo was a "son" or such... Then you could have the sobby death scene without having to rescue the PC's.

Kermit was the muppits!
So he deserves his own module really.

Edit: According to Tvtropes he was in it, but I'm too young to have seen much of Sesame Street.

I am quite old enough to have seen Kermit in the originals, and yeah, he does deserve more. Perhaps as a follow-up adventure? The PC's go to rescue Kermit after he was banished from the Street. Elmo wasn't able to corrupt him, but neither was able to destroy the other...