PDA

View Full Version : Silly 332 Arrows 3.5

roguemetal
2012-07-28, 04:05 AM
Thought I'd share or challenge you to improve my current 'archer' build past 332 arrows in a round. :smalltongue:

I don't often play in games where the DM is using Forgotten Realms, Spell Compendium AND the Complete set of books, barring only psionics, but in this rare instance I took full advantage of her generosity to make an 'archer' which she immediately laughed at, and wanted to see if we could increase the number of arrows fired by a SOLO character in one round. The original is below.

THIS CHARACTER WAS MADE AS A JOKE AND IS LIKELY TO HAVE ERRORS AND WASTED LEVELS
(I even took Abjurant Champion for no reason):smallbiggrin:

Swor Ra
1)Wizard 1: Iron Will, Point Blank, Abjurant Specialization, Necromancy lost, Illusion lost
2)Wizard 2
3)Wizard 3: Maximize Spell
4)Wizard 4
5)Wizard 5
6)Incantrix 1:Rapid Shot, Chain Spell
7)Incantrix 2:Send Away
8)Incantrix 3:See ethereal
9)Incantrix 4:Strike ethereal, Combat Casting
10)Incantrix 5:Reach Spell
11)Incantrix 6:Hardy spirit
12)Incantrix 7:Instant metamagic 1/day, Extra Spell (Arrowsplit)(DM ruled pro cross class spells)
13)Incantrix 8:Improved metamagic
14)Abjurant Champion 1: Abjurant Armor, Extended Abjuration
15)Abjurant Champion 2:Swift abjuration, Woodland Archer
16)Abjurant Champion 3
17)Abjurant Champion 4:Arcane boost
18)Abjurant Champion 5:Martial arcanist
19)Incantrix 9:Instant metamagic 2/day, Ocular Spell
20)Incantrix 10:Persist Spell, Drain item

Original stats are presented with their values after battle prep.

Human!
Str 16(56), Dex 15(27) Con 14(35), Int 22(38), Cha 16, Wis 13 (Stats were rolled)
CL 20(23)
BAB 12(20)
HP 93(165?)
AC 12(31?)

Skills: UMD 23 (3Cha+10Competence Ring) The only important skill.

Familiar of undetermined type!

Spell Slots n' Stuff:
4 8 7 7 7 7 6 6 6 6

Ready Spells
Celerity 4th
Greater Celerity 8th
Chain Maximized Arrowsplit 8th

Active Spells
Spell Tattoo CL+1, 2nd
Contingency 6th w/ Celerity 4th
Draconic Polymorph (Arrow Demon) DrN +8 Str, +2 Con 5th
Persisted Bite of the WereTiger +12 Str +4 Dex, +6 Con, +5 AC 9th
Persisted Enlarge Person +2 Str from size, 5th
Persisted Haste 6th

Equipment
Ioun Stone +1 CL (You'd think no psionics means no psionics...)
Ring Arcane Might +1 CL
Belt of Battle
Headband +6 Int
Wishes +10 Int
Wishes +11 Str
Wand Divine Power +2 Str form size, Full BAB

Dual Wield (via Arrow Demon) +2 Gargantuan Composite Longbow Splitting Magebane (4d6+2+23 Strength Bonus, +2d6vs Mages)
Mwk Iron Arrows of Spell Storing (Fireball, Lightning Bolt, Resonating Bolt, Rainbow Blast, Hailstones, Chain Missile, etc.)

The Attack
Free Action: Familiar uses Wand Divine Power
Swift Action: Cast Chain Maximized Arrowsplit (CL 23 so 23 arrows affected this round)
Full Round Attack: +26/+26/+26/+26/+26/+26/+21/+21/+16/+16/+11/+11 (demon arrow dual bows with rapidshot & haste)
12 Arrows
xSplitting = 24 Arrows
xArrowsplit = 120 Arrows

Woodland Archer, Adjust for Range
Each Miss confers +4 to chance to hit

5 Greater Celerity + Belt of Battles allow for 6 more full actions of firing, but can't swift action cast Arrowsplit or use Rapidshot in the same round, therefore uses the remaining 11 Arrowsplit arrows over the next two full rounds. Then each other full round uses Greater Celerity for 18 arrows more.Celerity can be cast as well for 2 attacks each, total of 6 times and 1 more for contingency. Like it's necessary...

Rapid Shot (2) + Haste (2) + Splitting Maximized Arrowsplits (23x2x5=230) + 'Regular' Dual Wielding Splitting ((8x7FullActions-23 Arrowsplits+7Actions )x2 = 98)

With Maximum Hits (Longbow(4d6+25)+SpellStoredLightningBolt(10d6))x3 32

Now if only there was a point to this... :smalltongue:

Flasaro
2012-07-28, 04:51 AM
The only problem I saw (and I took a quick look) is that you exceeded the limit of an inherent bonus you can give yourself with the wish spell. Normally it can only give a stat up to a +5 bonus and you say you gave yourself +10, which isn't techinically legal. Though honestly I doubt you care that much since as you said this character was made as a joke lol.

Voidling
2012-07-28, 08:42 AM
lol that is quite impressive :smallbiggrin:

roguemetal
2012-07-28, 09:39 AM
Normally it can only give a stat up to a +5 bonus and you say you gave yourself +10, which isn't techinically legal.
Good point nonetheless. I suppose Rings of Wizardry IV and VIII would have to make the difference. Not sure why I didn't include rings of wizardry in the first place really... :smalltongue:

PinkysBrain
2012-07-28, 10:12 AM
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but chain spell only works on targeted spells with range greater than touch ... so it won't work on arrowsplit (reach spell is not a fix either, because it turns it into a ray ... which is no longer a targeted spell in D&D lingo).

Hierophant can do it, but would require some major reworking.

tyckspoon
2012-07-28, 11:39 AM
It's not a huge deal- you can just UMD the wand yourself and Persist the effect with Incantatrix anyway- but your Familiar cannot Divine Power you; Share Spells doesn't go both ways. You can share spells you cast on yourself, or you can choose your Familiar to be the target of the spell instead of 'Personal', but your familiar does not have those options. If it triggers the Wand of Divine Power, the only thing it can do is cast Divine Power on itself.

TuggyNE
2012-07-28, 04:55 PM
Wand Divine Power +2 Str form size, Full BAB

That's not actually what divine power does; instead, it gives a +6 enhancement bonus to Str. Are you thinking of righteous might, which gives +4 Size, and doesn't stack with enlarge person?

Good point nonetheless. I suppose Rings of Wizardry IV and VIII would have to make the difference. Not sure why I didn't include rings of wizardry in the first place really... :smalltongue:

What do rings of wizardry have to do with stat bonuses? :smallconfused:

ericgrau
2012-07-28, 05:01 PM
Bonus spells.

Snowbluff
2012-07-28, 05:14 PM
Do you have a way to be immune to Daze somewhere? That might help.

Also, don't you only need a 19 to UMD to pass checks on wands?

Also, Swiftblade could do it better. Just sayin'.

Starbuck_II
2012-07-28, 07:29 PM
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but chain spell only works on targeted spells with range greater than touch ... so it won't work on arrowsplit (reach spell is not a fix either, because it turns it into a ray ... which is no longer a targeted spell in D&D lingo).

Hierophant can do it, but would require some major reworking.

No, it doesn't; it doesn't become a ray.
It just gives it 30 ft range (ranged touch spells are not rays, they still have targeting)

PinkysBrain
2012-07-29, 07:12 PM
"The spell effectively becomes a ray"

Language is not math, so there is no capital T truth to be found ... but lets just say your interpretation is far from an overwhelming majority consensus, not something you could expect even a self-professed mostly by the RAW DM to agree with you on.