PDA

View Full Version : Perfect wish, what to do?!

Campbellk8105
2012-07-28, 07:01 PM
My DM just gave us all near perfect wishes. Basically from an Artifact that has more power than the gods.

Anyways, how would you use it?

My characters are both epic. One is a level 20 bard/Sublime Chord 9. The other is paladin 8/cavalier 10/ hand of god 1/angelic knight 6.(Quintessential books)

My bard got shot down for getting Divine Bard from deities & demigods, but my DM would have let me get Gestalt with a homebrew spellcaster class that is spontaneous and gets spells like a wizard.

Any ideas? Flavor use or actual awesomeness would be nice.

Thanks all!

Fighter1000
2012-07-28, 07:18 PM
You should wish for the power to call an intervention from a deity once a day to save you from certain death or give you the answer to a serious question or whatever.
Or you could wish someone back to life. Someone who your character loved but who died.

Campbellk8105
2012-07-28, 07:46 PM
We already have a Demi god with the gift of life

SimonMoon6
2012-07-28, 07:46 PM
http://xkcd.com/1086/

NichG
2012-07-28, 08:21 PM
The important question is: what is your character like?

I personally feel that anything mechanical is a waste with a 'perfect' wish. If your DM is playing it straight, he's basically saying 'here, I trust you with authorial control over some part of the universe, whatever part you care about' (he may not know he's saying this, of course).

I played in a WoD-based campaign recently where each PC got five points of a (in-character) resource that could be spent to alter the campaign world in a fundamental way. One example: at the cost of one point, any supernatural type could safely be hybridized with any other supernatural: Mage Vampires, Abberant Fae, whatever. Another use: altering the history of the mini-BBEG of the campaign so that he never became a jerk, and all of that stuff had been done by another villain instead. Another use: every person on earth becomes an environmentally conscious individual. Another use: 'I want to be Iron Man' (created a whole new 'gadget' based subsystem that he could build with). Another use: 'That thing that just killed the entire party - we got away'

So if your character thinks big, you can change the world, fix it, whatever. If your character is very much driven by emotional connections, you can protect the ones you love. If he's paranoid, its a lifeline on a bad day.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-07-28, 08:49 PM
If your character is the type, you could wish to become a lesser deity. You did say it was a perfect wish from something more powerful than the gods.

PersonMan
2012-07-29, 09:00 AM
If your character is the type, you could wish to become a lesser the most powerful deity. You did say it was a perfect wish from something more powerful than the gods.

If it's stronger than the gods, why limit yourself to becoming a weak one when you could go all-out?

Campbellk8105
2012-07-29, 11:23 AM
My DM does want to limit us just because if we wish for something to powerful, such as being a deity. We will have to deal with red tape and probably be removed from the party since we'd be too strong.

whibla
2012-07-29, 11:45 AM
In a Birthright campaign I play in our party got a similarly natured wish, via the primal words inscribed on the font of creation (or however it was fluffed).

The various wishes of the party were:

1. I wish I had a true bloodline (alter history to write the character into a major position at the battle of Deismar, and survive. Effectively become a pseudo-demigod, with none of the 'pact of non-interference' downsides.)
2. I wish that all undead within 1000 miles are instantly and irrevocably destroyed (no save, no SR, and unsuprisingly no xp, for destroying multiple exceedingly high level liches, demiliches, and assorted 'lesser' undead.)
3. I wish for the elves to be restored to their rightful place as the preeminant race on Cerilia, as they were before the arrival of human kind (well...there goes several thousand years of history.)
4. I wish to be stronger than the strongest creature. (simple greed is easy to accomodate)
5. I wish there was no schism, dispute, or heresies in and between the various churches of Haelyn (another major historical rewrite, and fulfilled (and broke) the raison d'etre of one of the characters, an inquisitor)
6. I wish that no harm befalls the planet upon which we live, the magic that flows through it and sustains it, or the natural order, as a result of any of the wishes made by my companions (bloody druids...)

When you get a wish of that magnitude the only person who can decide what to do with it is you. We do not know the ins and outs of your game, your character, or its motivations. Before each player made their wishes in our game I would not have been able to call virtually any of them, even though many were related to the characters' main aims in the game. Even now, as we deal with the after effects, I am still slightly suprised that some people chose as they did. But that's kind of the point. One person's wish would seem pointless, unnecessary, or downright contrary to another player.

Anyway, I hope your inspiration serves you in the crunch, and you get what you wish for, even if it's not what you really want... :smallwink:

Kerilstrasz
2012-07-29, 12:54 PM
Perfect Wish??

" I wish to be able to control the time itself,traveling through time to past and future,be able to interact and change whatever i think,knowing beforehand the consquences of those actions.Be able to to stop time , travel in time, and have the ability to passively be aware of any action that will affect me in a time window of 30 mins ahead. These abilities will not however change my physical or mental status at any time,nor will give me any kind of responsibities or further duties."

That_guy_there
2012-07-29, 03:57 PM
Perfect wish... huh, never had that type of situation.

Perhaps you could go with the good old, "able to spontainiously cast all wizards spells x number of times per day (where x is whatever number you think you can get away with).

Zerter
2012-07-29, 04:11 PM
I Wish For More Perfect Wishes!

I'm sorry :smallbiggrin:, but it's not really a serious question. There's nothing mechanical to wish for, the only limit is your imagination. I do have to say that I am surprised by the limited imagination of many people here.

Tvtyrant
2012-07-29, 04:19 PM
I would wish that the artifact never existed, and wait for my DMs and the other players eyes to twitch. :smalltongue:

More seriously, I would wish for my existence to be hidden from everyone I do not choose to reveal myself to. Take that elder beings!

morkendi
2012-07-29, 05:54 PM
Reset button. Basic save spots, members die and you go back to the save spot where they ate alive. All living retain their xp and levels because they remember what happened. Something bad happens, go back and stop it.

Campbellk8105
2012-07-29, 06:14 PM
Man, you guys really have some creative ideas!

I really like the hidden from anything unless I say so idea.

The flavor and fluff Ones are great. Simply wishing for power is blah since we're epic. It'd have to be special.

Shir
2012-07-29, 08:35 PM
Wish to be the little girl.

Madara
2012-07-29, 08:50 PM
That's hard...

"One is a level 20 bard/Sublime Chord 9"

Wish for the perfect music.(Word it that way in-game, but establish OOC in private with your DM, what exactly the perfect music would do for you. Maybe it would grant you more knowledge, more understanding, more magic...ect)

"paladin 8/cavalier 10/ hand of god 1/angelic knight 6"

Wish to become a legend which will never fade(See above, this is fluff, establish effects OOC)

dascarletm
2012-07-29, 08:53 PM
Perfect Wish??

" I wish to be able to control the time itself,traveling through time to past and future,be able to interact and change whatever i think,knowing beforehand the consquences of those actions.Be able to to stop time , travel in time, and have the ability to passively be aware of any action that will affect me in a time window of 30 mins ahead. These abilities will not however change my physical or mental status at any time,nor will give me any kind of responsibities or further duties."

I'd do that one in real life perhaps, but in DnD it would be no fun. Seriously.

Do I wan't the campaign to end?