PDA

View Full Version : Playing a fiendish campaing.

FuryShadow
2012-07-28, 11:27 PM
Hello giants.

Me and some friends wants to play a campaing where the PC are going to be fiends, Demons or Devils... im gonna do as DM, but im wondering if there is some material (official, or homebrew) that give rules like Prestige Classes, Racial Progressions, Base Classes for any type of fiend.

I already have the Tome of Fiends by FrankTrollman and i like it, but im still searching for somemore,

gorfnab
2012-07-29, 12:09 AM
Fiendish Codex I
Fiendish Codex II
Fiend Folio
Savage Species
[3.5]Improved monster classes (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142724)

vrigar
2012-07-29, 02:02 AM
Just bear in mind that according to RAW Demon and Devil advancement literally takes ages. It would take an extraordinary group to make such a campaign work.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-07-29, 02:13 AM
Just bear in mind that according to RAW Demon and Devil advancement literally takes ages. It would take an extraordinary group to make such a campaign work.

Only if he intends to try and advance them from one type of fiend to a higher level fiend. Fiends gain character levels at the same rate as any other high HD, high LA character.

Unless your doing a home-brewed hell, you should get the group to agree on either devils or demons. The two types of fiend simply do not work together by the default fluff. Either can mix with yugoloths just fine, but never with each other.

Personally, I'd steer them toward demons unless they enjoy political plots. The infernal hierarchy of baator can make for great games of cloak and dagger, but it's terrible for hack and slash.

Andezzar
2012-07-29, 02:56 AM
Personally, I'd steer them toward demons unless they enjoy political plots. The infernal hierarchy of baator can make for great games of cloak and dagger, but it's terrible for hack and slash.For exactly the same reason, I'd recommend the Devils. Mandatorily chaotic evil characters are just as likely to go hack and slash on party members as on the expected enemies unless you give them a very good reason not to.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-07-29, 12:34 PM
For exactly the same reason, I'd recommend the Devils. Mandatorily chaotic evil characters are just as likely to go hack and slash on party members as on the expected enemies unless you give them a very good reason not to.

Good reason not to is easy. Turning on a party member means that whoever attacks first has the rest gang up on him. It's a mexican stand-off. Unless the party is doing poorly, their psychotic fiendishness should be all too happy to be directed at anything else in the area. TBH though, yugoloths are probably the best bet. They are neither inherently chaotic nor lawful, but they're just as, if not more, evil than either of the ethically aligned fiends.