PDA

View Full Version : [4e] RB OOC Thread 2 (all welcome to post)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

MoonCat
2012-10-20, 03:35 AM
I SUPPORT FELIPER!

Also, Bast is so rude. I'd have made several disapproving comments behind her back if she ever came to my house.

(This is my version of extreme condemnation of a house-guest. Woe is you if you ever get me to grumble about you without your knowledge after you have stayed here.)

LaZodiac
2012-10-20, 11:12 AM
I've always called it Felixander, since the X evokes, well, crossing the two together, and because Juniper's last name is Xander, so it flows well.

MoonCat
2012-10-21, 12:43 AM
As drinking contests tend to, by definition, end with people being very dunk indeed, I took the liberty of roleplaying Bast as such. I'm assuming Carric will be similar, unless his tolerance is so through the roof that when Bast is almost under the table, he's totally coherent. :smalltongue:

LaZodiac
2012-10-21, 12:44 AM
I didn't really mention it because I was only going to if someone checked, but by all apperances Carric looks completely sober.

But yes, drunk Bast is best Bast.

MoonCat
2012-10-21, 01:34 AM
Awww... I wanted Bast to be badass.

Weeel, Bast can be amusingly drunk whenever she gets the chance, I'm cool with that. This is fun.

Especially since I tried aloud to drunk slur what I wanted Bast to say, so my parents now have no idea why they just heard me drunkenly babbling about my non-existant sister and days long past.

LaZodiac
2012-10-21, 01:35 AM
Well, Bast IS a badass, that's undeniable. She's just also a really fun drunk to read. And nice method, guess that's what happens when someone who does theatre is roleplaying :smalltongue:

MoonCat
2012-10-21, 02:11 AM
Mmn'thannkoo. :smallbiggrin:

Also, time for a new thread?

LaZodiac
2012-10-21, 02:15 AM
I was thinking of ending the thread off once we all went to bed, actually. For what I have planned, I figured it'd make a good ending.

Also you should totally get online so we can talk and stuff. Keep me up late!

MoonCat
2012-10-21, 02:30 AM
Nah, Cobra can do that. :smallamused:

Also, doing everything phonetically by now, so I suggest if you can't figure out what the feck I'm writing, say it aloud.

LaZodiac
2012-10-21, 02:30 AM
Cobra's asleep! And yha, I kinda figured that was the case.

MoonCat
2012-10-21, 02:40 AM
<wooshing sound as it goes over your head>

LaZodiac
2012-10-21, 02:42 AM
Naw, I got it :smallwink:

Oooh, wait, NOW I got it. Clever :smalltongue:

MoonCat
2012-10-21, 02:52 AM
What did you think the first time? :smallconfused:

Also, y'all who've actually seen drunk people, am I doing an all right job with the voice? I honestly have never heard someone drunk before, so I'm just replicating anything I've heard in plays or movies, and then adding specifics from Terry Pratchett's many, many drunken scenes in his books.

LaZodiac
2012-10-21, 02:53 AM
I thought you meant he could keep me up late.

I wouldn't know, unfortunately, so I can't say if you're doing it ACCURATELY TO REAL LIFE, but I can confirm you are doing it in a way that is both amusing and awesome, so I approve.

Actually wait I have listened to people who are drunk to some degree before, and I can say that atleast in my expierance, it IS fairly accurate.

Teddy
2012-10-21, 03:57 AM
I was thinking of ending the thread off once we all went to bed, actually. For what I have planned, I figured it'd make a good ending.

That may probably take some time. Elden has some things he needs to talk with Adalhard about when the latter returns.

Also, y'all who've actually seen drunk people, am I doing an all right job with the voice? I honestly have never heard someone drunk before, so I'm just replicating anything I've heard in plays or movies, and then adding specifics from Terry Pratchett's many, many drunken scenes in his books.

Well, it's a pretty accurate for someone who's really drunk, but by that time, however, most people will insert lots of unmotivated pauses mid-sentence as they struggle to remember basic syntax, and have trouble recalling what happened 5 minutes ago in overall.

Also, Felix had five glasses? Well, she might not be as drunk as Bast, but she should be notably affected. Might explain a few things, however... :smallwink:

LaZodiac
2012-10-21, 08:46 AM
My explanation for why Felix isn't effected that much is because, due to living in the Shadowfell for a long time, she's developed a relatively strong will. As a side effect she's better at holding her liquor.

In all seriousness though, I legitimatelly didn't know five was a bad number, I don't drink.

And ok Teddy~

Teddy
2012-10-21, 09:16 AM
In all seriousness though, I legitimatelly didn't know five was a bad number, I don't drink.

That depends on what you mean by bad. Most adults are notably cheerful after two glasses of wine. I can't quite say how five glasses will make you (needs more extensive field studies), but it won't make you Bast-drunk. I wouldn't trust you with driving my car, however. :smallwink:

LaZodiac
2012-10-21, 09:17 AM
Aaah, ok. Still, sorry, I've never been drunk ever :smalltongue:

MoonCat
2012-10-21, 01:31 PM
Well, it's a pretty accurate for someone who's really drunk, but by that time, however, most people will insert lots of unmotivated pauses mid-sentence as they struggle to remember basic syntax, and have trouble recalling what happened 5 minutes ago in overall.

Also, Felix had five glasses? Well, she might not be as drunk as Bast, but she should be notably affected. Might explain a few things, however... :smallwink:

Yeah. I tried to make my sentences not fit together, but by the end of it, I was so Real Life tired I couldn't remember how to act drunk properly.

Ranger Mattos
2012-10-21, 07:00 PM
I didn't really mention it because I was only going to if someone checked, but by all apperances Carric looks completely sober.

That's good, because unlike Luna here, I can't roleplay drunk at all.

LaZodiac
2012-10-21, 07:01 PM
That's good, because unlike Luna here, I can't roleplay drunk at all.

It's ok, you'll be getting something else at the start of thread six :smallwink:

*wiggles my fingers mysteriously*

LaZodiac
2012-10-22, 06:49 PM
So as you all know, I've been talking to everyone about a bit of a problem we've been having.

Mostly, due to people having a hard time justifying keeping Adalhard around (but not wanting to actually kick him out), the level of fun people may be having is reduced.

So basically I'd like your thoughts on the matter, because I'm unsure how to proceed. On the one hand, we let things go their natural course and end up with everyone finally being fed up and kicking Adalhard out, or killing him. On the other Adalhard maybe stops being such a **** and excluding everyone and acting so high and mighty all the time, as if he doesn't care how it'll make everyone else feel.

Because I don't know. I honestly don't.

Blue Ghost
2012-10-22, 08:25 PM
Well, I believe the best way to resolve this is a discussion where all of us are involved; thus, the best forum to carry it out is this one.

As I understand it, the majority (Zodi, Luna, Teddy, and myself) view is that the way that August has been roleplaying Adalhard causes unnecessary conflict and tension within the party. Adalhard has been acting highly irrational and antagonistic toward the other party members, undertaking morally dubious actions without the others' knowledge or even consent, and judging by his recent spoilered actions, continuing to actively work against the party's interests. We did not sign up for a PvP game, and the level of antagonism that Adalhard brings to the table is, in our opinions, detrimental to the game as a whole.

Some compromise must be made in order to preserve the peace. In my view, the problem is coming from the way that Adalhard is played, and the easiest way to fix that is for Adalhard to stop being so antagonistic toward the party, or if that is impossible, to be replaced with another character who will be easier to work with. I am hoping that we can come to a peaceful resolution about this.

MoonCat
2012-10-23, 01:29 AM
I feel that the primary concern is the story, and as such, having an entire character personality change because we don't like it affecting the story will affect it even more.

Continuity is a huge matter, and it bugs me enough with all the obvious holes when it comes to Teodor, but I personally don't think there is a salavagable way to keep Adalhard in the group.

This of course, doesn't extend to August, as this is strictly in-game. Conflict is all very well, but once it simply is ludicrous that we retain a character, it just stops making sense.

Which is a pity, because if he hadn't been quite so antagonistic, I would have found it excellent to have him around, as he did provide some more character depth before it just turned to our blatant roleplaying-ignoral for OOC reasons.

LaZodiac
2012-10-23, 01:32 AM
Quick question Moony, but is there a way Bast may be persuaded to accept Adalhard that would work in character?

Which reminds me, we still need to work on a way to have Teodor leave. You should come on one of these days so we can discuss that, since it's getting closer.

Teddy
2012-10-23, 07:00 AM
Well, yeah, I don't like the conflict either. It's no fun when everyone's just screaming at eachother, but my main problem with it is that I spend huge amounts of time thinking about it and trying to figure out ways in which I can have it resolved in character. Just typing up that first attempt at mediation with Adalhard probably took me two hours. Typing. I must've spent several hours thinking about it on beforehand. Honestly, it's taxing to keep up the practice, and I don't think I can do so for much longer.

I still haven't gotten to Bast, for example. I'll need to figure out a way to get her to listen to Elden to start with. And a way for Elden to overcome his feelings of guilt toward her, or at least do something progressive that still is in accorance to them. And a reason for why the conversation would take place to start with. I can always plan (I always do), build an intricate network of conditions and actions, but predicting the future is hard, and sometimes you bet too high on the wrong card, and all your planning is rendered void, leaving you to salvage what rest there is.

Don't get me wrong, I like trying to solve conflicts. The problem is, the reward, while often great, lies in the solution, so if I can't succeed in reaching one, I won't feel gratified either, and with the knowledge of how much time I've poured into it... yeah, that's not a good feeling. Which is why I don't give up either, for whatever the price is to reach a solution, for as long as I think I can see it on the horison, letting go would hurt more than marching on...

Until I fall from exhaustion, that is.

MoonCat
2012-10-23, 05:29 PM
I really doubt it, and I swear, I've really tried to think of all possible ways. I don't want to drive out Adalhard necessarily, I just want to maintain in-characterness.

In terms of Teodor, heck, part of me thought just to have Teodor get killed off, get Bast to leave with him, and then we cut out her and her conflict. Except I kind of really don't want to do that. I'll try and find time to come on later though.

Cobra_Ikari
2012-10-23, 05:55 PM
...speaking as an outside observer...honestly, it makes more sense, if someone has to leave, for it to be Adalhard than for it to be Bast. I'm biased, yes; Adalhard is the character I hate most in this story, and Bast is...roughly, my third favorite, but...for the party to constantly accede to him, or compromise for him, just feels very awkward. Especially with him having entered the story later. It'd be one thing if he had been there at the start...I mean, it'd still be awkward, but for the party to have developed a camaraderie of sorts, then introduce a character who causes tons of internal strife and conflict, and to place his well-being above those of the people you already had established relationships...it just feels...weird.

EDIT: To follow on my thoughts...that the questions asked are "is there any possible way your character could concede to accept Adalhard" and not "would it be natural for your character to accept Adalhard" highlight the awkwardness of it all. Especially since very few of the characters are the turn the other cheek, forgive and forget types. In fact, to be completely honest, it's felt very weird seeing Elden attempting to play peacemaker lately, because that didn't seem to fit with my understanding of his character before. I don't know if that's because previously I misinterpreted him, but if felt very out of nowhere and just made the entire thing feel a bit...odd.

TL;DR: The longer this has gone on, the less believable the characters have felt with having to readjust themselves to work with Adalhard.

Teddy
2012-10-24, 02:22 PM
In fact, to be completely honest, it's felt very weird seeing Elden attempting to play peacemaker lately, because that didn't seem to fit with my understanding of his character before. I don't know if that's because previously I misinterpreted him, but if felt very out of nowhere and just made the entire thing feel a bit...odd.

Ahh, see, Elden is pragmatic, and mediating in a conflict generaly yields better results than ignoring or fueling it. Also, he just grew tired with being constantly annoyed at Adalhard and decided to try and fix things himself.

Actually, if you look at it as Elden attempting to stay in control and maintain authority, it makes perfect sense. If those with him can't cooperate, he can't direct them. :smallamused:

Also, I'm trying to move Elden a bit toward a more considerate demeanor. You might want to get used to it (even though he may slip backwards a bit as soon as the situation stabilises).

LaZodiac
2012-10-24, 02:28 PM
That reminds me Teddy, that thing we talked about, I talked to Moony about it and she's go for it being a thing we can try, once we find that right time to try it.

Yay vagueness.

Teddy
2012-10-24, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I usually dislike setting up situations behind the scene, but hey, I'm not complaining?

Also, I'm still too tired to roleplay. I'll have Elden act tomorrow, I promise.

LaZodiac
2012-10-24, 03:01 PM
Completely understandable. Get your rest Teddy, you need it.

Teddy
2012-10-25, 09:52 AM
I shouldn't roleplay newly awake people when I'm ill. I had to think quite hard to figure out how you could feel tired while still not tired enough to sleep for eight hours straight, whereafter you wish you could sleep four hours more...

LaZodiac
2012-10-25, 09:52 AM
I think you did a good job. I'd maybe describe that he has bags under his eyes, but that's just me.

Get better soon, by the way. I'm sending my hugs!

Teddy
2012-10-25, 10:01 AM
I think you did a good job. I'd maybe describe that he has bags under his eyes, but that's just me.

That's a bit over the top, actually. The point is that he should look as if he barely slept six hours after a rough day, not like he's been awake through the whole night.

Get better soon, by the way. I'm sending my hugs!

Yeah, I'd better do. I have a party tomorrow. And the day after tomorrow. And gaming night tonight, although I may skip that one for the sake of my own wellbeing...

LaZodiac
2012-10-25, 10:03 AM
That's a bit over the top, actually. The point is that he should look as if he barely slept six hours after a rough day, not like he's been awake through the whole night.

Yeah, I'd better do. I have a party tomorrow. And the day after tomorrow. And gaming night tonight, although I may skip that one for the sake of my own wellbeing...

Ahh, good point.

Oh, I never really pegged you as a guy who'd do that type of stuff. Sounds fun though, have fun when you can and make sure to get some rest (and some chicken soup!)

Teddy
2012-10-25, 01:56 PM
Oh, I never really pegged you as a guy who'd do that type of stuff. Sounds fun though, have fun when you can and make sure to get some rest (and some chicken soup!)

It's rare, but it happens. Two friends of mine have their birthday parties and they both happened to happen this weekend.

MoonCat
2012-10-25, 06:09 PM
I can't remember the last party I went to.

Have fun Teddy-boy!

In the meantime, I am trying to play a character with a headache while I'm so sleep-deprived I can't remember my nicknames for my friends. This is FUN!

LaZodiac
2012-11-08, 05:40 PM
Sorry about the delay in posting guys. I'm just waiting untill everyone had confirmation on what we're doing (also, I think Pinkhair and Moony are indisposed at the moment).

Teddy
2012-11-16, 05:26 AM
LaLa, how are the maps going? :smallconfused:

LaZodiac
2012-11-16, 05:28 AM
Sorry for the delay. I'll finish em up for Monday at the earliest, Wednesday at the latest. Again, sorry for the delay.

Teddy
2012-11-16, 02:00 PM
No problem. I'd be a hypocrite if I were to complain anyway. :smallwink:

LaZodiac
2012-11-20, 02:59 AM
Hey, guys, could you all PM me a list of what item slots you don't have filled, and maybe also some suggestions for what you might like for magic items so I have an idea of what you want?

I ask only because I don't actually 100% know what all you guys got for equipment right now, truth be told.

Also, if you HAVE sent this to me before, send again because I likely have lost it (this is mostly directed at AdalhardPinkhair).

Also, Mattos, you're mooore or less exempt from this since I'm absolutely crazy and have plans for you. *waggles fingers ominously*

Ranger Mattos
2012-11-20, 11:43 AM
Dun dun DUNNNNN!

LaZodiac
2012-11-20, 06:30 PM
Oh hey, I'm one day before my deadline. Sweet. Hooray :smallamused:

MoonCat
2012-11-20, 06:35 PM
Adalhard sent you something? :smallamused:

LaZodiac
2012-11-20, 06:37 PM
...yes, yes, right :smallredface:

AsteriskAmp
2012-11-20, 09:48 PM
Adalhard sent you something? :smallamused:Yes, LaZ receives messages from schizophrenic Russians; though she might have gotten his name wrong slightly.

LaZodiac
2012-11-22, 04:36 AM
Posting from my Wii U. Just thought you guys would want to know that. Anyway, who's gonna knock/open that door?

Blue Ghost
2012-11-25, 02:26 PM
Why is Adalhard the bishop? Does it have something to do with his personality or fighting style? Or is it just because the bishop is most often found on C1?

AsteriskAmp
2012-11-25, 02:39 PM
Why is Adalhard the bishop? Does it have something to do with his personality or fighting style? Or is it just because the bishop is most often found on C1?He moved backwards in diagonal.

Blue Ghost
2012-11-25, 02:42 PM
He moved backwards in diagonal.

Ah, that makes sense.

I'm thinking about what chess pieces everyone would be.

Bast would be the queen, since she's mobile and does a crapton of damage.

Teodor would be the king, since he doesn't do much himself, but plays a vital support role.

Carric, as the defender, would probably be a knight.

AsteriskAmp
2012-11-25, 02:48 PM
Ah, that makes sense.

I'm thinking about what chess pieces everyone would be.

Bast would be the queen, since she's mobile and does a crapton of damage.

Teodor would be the king, since he doesn't do much himself, but plays a vital support role.

Carric, as the defender, would probably be a knight.Carric would be more likely as a rook, stopping movement more than actively engaging.

Adalhard would get knight from mobility and irregular attack patterns as well as gambit setting.

LaZodiac
2012-11-28, 05:33 PM
Hey, so, just letting you guys know, I have a job now. So responses might be sporadic. Sorry! I love you all.

MoonCat
2012-12-01, 08:22 PM
That's wonderful LaLa! <hugs>

Also, I'm so sorry for disappearing for a week, everything went all wonky, and then a car accident cut off internet in my entire town (as well as the phone system, including cells), I promise I'll warn you if school starts drowning me again.

AsteriskAmp
2012-12-01, 08:32 PM
After months of studying orchestration for brass I managed to finish Juniper's theme, and after a few weeks of experimenting on a trumpet I managed to finish recording it. While at it I also rewrote and recorded Adalhard's theme and Juniper's derivative.

My next objective is to finish restructuring a piano piece and metalising it enough so that I won't get crucified when asking for external help for the recording of Bast's Theme, all this hopefully before the end of the year.

Juniper's Theme: Allegro Vivace Bard (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZydaqebxXg)
Juniper Derivative Work: Andante Movido Paladin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyocyn8aduE&feature=plcp)
Adalhard's Theme: Sonata of Shattered Ice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ4kD5j4ntM&feature=youtu.be)

MoonCat
2012-12-04, 12:48 AM
LaLa, can you take this one too? I'm going to be busy, and I'm sorry, but I also didn't wanna make everyone wait either.

LaZodiac
2012-12-04, 12:50 AM
LaLa, can you take this one too? I'm going to be busy, and I'm sorry, but I also didn't wanna make everyone wait either.

It's quite alright Moony, don't worry. I'll make sure Bast kills the enemies good and proper!

LaZodiac
2012-12-08, 12:42 PM
Just curious Moony, but do you want me to take this turn as well? I understand that you're busy and stuff, and I'll take it if you want me to.

MoonCat
2012-12-11, 05:45 AM
What exactly are we at in terms of XP? I think I missed the update before this one, I'm still on 8950.

Teddy
2012-12-11, 10:18 AM
What exactly are we at in terms of XP? I think I missed the update before this one, I'm still on 8950.

9252, so nope, you haven't missed anything unless I did so as well.

AsteriskAmp
2012-12-11, 12:59 PM
9252, so nope, you haven't missed anything unless I did so as well.Same here; we either have made the same mistakes or are right.

MoonCat
2012-12-12, 12:48 AM
Okay, thank ye alls.

LaZodiac
2012-12-13, 01:51 AM
Hey, so, since Absol is back, I can say this now!

At some point after the Primula de Exitium fight, Teodor went to an artificer and had the Ironstone Gargoyle carcass turned into a fancy ass suit of armor for him! He can tell you what it does later if he so desires.

absolmorph
2012-12-13, 01:56 AM
In other news, I'm not dead yet.

LaZodiac
2012-12-13, 01:59 AM
Can you believe this silly guy? He actually sort of expected Teodor to be dead by now :smalltongue:

Also, not to be the downer of your awesome return, but you sadly won't be able to stick around. Just making sure the rest of the thread knows that the plan is still in motion. Just, now that we have Teodor'splayer her, we can find a good way of getting Bast to let go of him so he can go off to become a super Monster Hunter esque badass :smallamused:

absolmorph
2012-12-13, 02:07 AM
Honestly, I kind of had my fingers crossed for wheelchair-bound coordinator/researcher.

LaZodiac
2012-12-13, 02:08 AM
That's an interesting idea, and I'm not saying you can't ALSO be that, of course. I'll devulge some secret information to you later to elaborate~

MoonCat
2012-12-13, 03:29 AM
Wit, we started the plan? WHEN?

LaZodiac
2012-12-13, 03:31 AM
Sorry, let me explain. Basically, the point where Teodor was going to leave the party (after the Shadowfell) is still set in stone. Just, now that Absol is here, we can make it correct, so that Teodor and Bast have a good reason to split up the way that they are. This feels like a thing you should probably PM Absol about, when you've got time.

But then I'm not sure because spoilers might be said and I don't like spoiling stuff even by proxy and yha.

LaZodiac
2012-12-16, 04:51 AM
Changing subjects a bit, I've done some work on the world map! It shows the correct geography, Ashensnow, Glitterock Mine, the watchtower controlled by the Fellcourt, The Barricade, and as a minor little teaser, the Tiefling capital Bael Turath. It also includes some of the original base map, to show the diffference between the two.

The Northern Region

Map: http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk69/LaZodiac/Untitled_zpse40e74e6.png

The Northern Region, unclaimed territory though it's more or less under the ownership of the Dragonborn Empire, due to the one major city (The Barricade) being Dragonborn territory.

The only real town of note is Ashensnow, which is basically believed to be the farthest North any permanent settlement by humanoid species have gotten. It's partially nestled at the foot of Ashen Fall Mountain. It's run by Fenix Silimun, descendent of Arcturias Silimun, one of the Heroes of Pelor. Fenix also used to be a mercenary known as The Phoenix, working alongside Crimson of the Red Blades. He's embarassed about this, mostly because his armor was bird themed and had feathers. Ah, the joys of youth and having a symbolic name.

Ashen Fall Mountain may or may not be a failed volcano, powerful enough to spew out ash in the past, but too weak to actually change the weather. I say may because I don't know if this is a possible thing that makes sense or not, so I'm undecided. Either way, Ashen Fall Mountain is rich in minerals, specific gold, as the people of Ashensnow discovered, thus forming Glitterock Mine and their main (read: only) export, in exchange for the supplies from the more southernly cities that allow Ashensnow to function. As we have discovered, Glitterock Mine somehow breached into the antechamber of The Lich Valindrell's lair, sealed under ground by the Heroes of Pelor. This is a bad thing.

The tower the Fellcourt enhabit is one of many watchtowers set up to supplment The Barricade during The Great War. They eventually fell into dissuse because, as it turns out, most people didn't want to try and conquer the North, since the cold is terrible.

The Barricade is (as we've discussed) a former battle fortress made entirely of steel and iron and metal. Designed to ensure that the invading armies only had two choices. Face the impregnable walls of The Barricade, or risk the heavy snow. Shockingly most forces picked the third option of "screw the North". Now in peace times, The Barricade uses the forges built into the city, formally for repairing the city and replenshing weapons, to make supplies for Ashensnow and other various cities. Surprisingly, people living in a city made of metal are rather good at metalurgy. Also surprisingly, a city once used as a home for soldiers has given rise to various mercinary groups. The most notable are the Red Blades (a group of extremist "but usually proven right" mercs that take justice into their own hands) the Skull Brigade (dwarf run shock troops who'll take any job, no matter the level of legality, for a price) and The Wraiths (a group of primarily Gith soldiers for hire. The true name of the organization is in Deep Speech and I'm not good at grammar enough to make something impronouncible but clearly able to be mistaken as Wraiths. They generally appear to be good people, but looks can be decieving). The Barricade is ruled by Master Commander Valinkov Dragovich, descendent of Kruschev Dragovich, one of the Heroes of Pelor.

Bael Turath will be touched upon later when I actually get to finishing it's part of the mainland, but suffice to say it's the seat of the Tiefling capital.

absolmorph
2012-12-16, 05:00 AM
A cinder cone or stratovolcano could work for what you want (a volcano that primarily ejects ash).

MoonCat
2012-12-23, 05:05 AM
Hey dudes, forgot to mention that I was going to be gone from the twenty first with limited internet, I'm actually in Schiphol airport right now on my way to Prague. Sorry if I delayed anything in the game,I don't even have time to check it right now. LaLa, you have full command of half crescent for a week.

Ranger Mattos
2013-01-05, 06:34 PM
For level 7, Carric gains 6 hp, for a grand total of 65 hp.

In addition, Carric remembers the power Come and Get It!, which makes all enemies within 3 burst shift 2 squares towards Carric if possible. Carric then does an attack for [W]+Str against all enemies in 1 burst, and can mark all of them.

absolmorph
2013-01-05, 06:37 PM
Teodor can now use Surprise Attack!
It's a melee attack which grants an ally within 5 squares a melee basic attack against a target of their choice with a +3 to hit (and +2 to damage).

He also now has 55 HP, up from 50.

Blue Ghost
2013-01-05, 06:55 PM
For Juniper's level 7 power, I choose Blade of Light. A 3[W] melee/charge attack, 'cause Juniper needs some extra damage. Also gives a +2 to defenses against fear and necrotic as a bonus.

AsteriskAmp
2013-01-05, 08:45 PM
Adalhard acquires Sleet Strike because WotC hates Swordmages and they get nothing less bad.

HP up to 69/69; I soon will have the HP of a level 4 solo. Empty levels...

Teddy
2013-01-06, 05:01 AM
Eldean learns Written in Fire.

I first concidered Bolt of the Rising Sun, which probably would be more fitting, thematically, but the damage output would only be mariginally higher than Sun Strike, and the additional effect is only really useful against ranged enemies in open areas, and even then of quite limited use.

Written in Fire on the other hand... It's AoE is massive, the damage output tremendous (fixed to 10 + Wis, which is equal to BotRS's maximum, and roughly translates to 2d10 or 3d6 in terms of average), it doesn't require an attack roll, doesn't hit allies, is utterly inescapeable in enclosed areas and still works great as area denial in outdoor areas. The only downside is that the damage is delayed until the end of the enemies next turn, giving them time to act (either to attack or escape) before they take the blow.

I can see some uses for it as an instant diplomatic tool as well. Since it distinguishes between enemies and allies, Elden could set it off to force a quick surrender and then spare those who complies.

Also, his maximum HP increases to 48. Elden can take another average d6 worth of damage now. :smallwink:

AsteriskAmp
2013-01-06, 11:44 AM
Moving it here because not IC.

Huh? Is this in one of those books I don't own?It's a book filled with just magic items; it's mainly a DM's book but because of how the parcel system works players kinda also need it.

It's one of the three item books along Adventurers Vault and Adventurer's Vault II.

Invoker's do miss on some particularly powerful items from those though; they get their (according to OP specialists) best items mostly from AV.

At low levels the Staff of Ruin from AV is the to go choice until late Paragon.
Battle Harness from D368 is the best armour choice because of the keying of the bonus to initiative it gives.
Bracers of Rejuvenation from AV are also really good due to adding to damage.
Holy Gauntlets from AV are great if you are going towards Radiant Mafia and generally very good otherwise. An alternative are the cheaper Gauntlets of Blood from AV2 which give extra damage.
Eagle Eye Goggles from AV are good for anyone doing ranged combat; more so a class with so many ranged implement powers.
Talisman of Terror from the AV is pretty good if you pick the fear based level 9 invoker dailies.
There is no class which doesn't want a Diamond Cincture from AV2; it's pretty much the only waist that does work.
Pelor Sun's Blessing from DMG2 is as good as it gets at low levels for Misc. Items; at epic levels this low level item becomes EPIC.

As you can see some of the better toys are in AV.
MME is kinda compendium-ish and doesn't have that much great stuff; only the rules on hirelings. It's filled with stuff that requires special useless feats and generally introduced cursed items. So AV is probably the only equipment book you'll ever need and your life is probably better due to not owning MME.

DC 27, actually, if I'm correct about Bast's armour being +1, which would require a roll of 12 or more
It's a level 4 armour. So the DC is 21 (The hard level 4 DC) + 4 (the armour level).
Not that it matters considering the roll's result though.

Teddy
2013-01-06, 02:34 PM
[...]
As you can see some of the better toys are in AV.

Well, I can't see it that well, since I still have no idea of what any of those items do, but I take your word on it.

It's a level 4 armour. So the DC is 21 (The hard level 4 DC) + 4 (the armour level).

Hmm, yeah, you must be right about the level (I confused it with enhancement bonus), but the table I'm looking at (DMG p. 61) says the level 4 hard DC is 26, not 21...

LaZodiac
2013-01-06, 04:55 PM
Yay more errata!

#3DS_Post

AsteriskAmp
2013-01-06, 07:00 PM
Well, I can't see it that well, since I still have no idea of what any of those items do, but I take your word on it.Stuff of ruin let's you apply it's enhancement bonus to damage twice; as you keep upgrading it, that +2 becomes a +4 which is amazing; by Paragon this means the +4 is a +8 which is simply delightful.

Bracers of Rejuvenation let you have a +1 to everything each time you use a healing surge (rolls, defences and ST; this means includes damage and attack rolls).

Holy Gauntlets are the Radiant version of Bracers of Frost and you get them earlier to boot. As a daily they allow you to have a +2 to all Radiant Damage throughout an encounter; because the +2 is directly applied your damage it stacks with everything. The attack used after their activation (which is a free action) also gets 1d6 additional radiant damage.

Eagle Eye Goggles give a flat bonus to hit with ranged attacks, since Invokers mainly have exclusively ranged this is fantastic.

I, for some reason can't find the Talisman of Terror, might have gotten the name wrong; but either way the amulet of protection is a very very cheap way to get a +1 to all your NADs.

MoonCat
2013-01-09, 01:16 AM
Are people allowed to "d'aww" to their own roleplay? Because that kinda seems vain, but I'm also reasonably sure Bast is no longer under my control.

LaZodiac
2013-01-09, 01:23 AM
Are people allowed to "d'aww" to their own roleplay? Because that kinda seems vain, but I'm also reasonably sure Bast is no longer under my control.

Totally understandable in my books.

absolmorph
2013-01-09, 01:28 AM
I love characters who start acting against my will! Until they're picking stupid fights like Teodor just was.

I'm really sorry about that, but dropping the argument was pretty much entirely against his character.

(Does shipping your own character count as vain?)

MoonCat
2013-01-10, 01:51 AM
Yoooooou ship Basteo!

absolmorph
2013-01-10, 02:08 AM
It's the most adorable friendship between an abandoned child raised by criminals and a hyper-aggressive rich girl ever.

MoonCat
2013-01-10, 02:45 AM
I didn't want her to be rich! I just wanted that class bonus theme thing!

absolmorph
2013-01-10, 03:51 AM
Still counts! :smalltongue:

LaZodiac
2013-01-10, 03:55 AM
I didn't want her to be rich! I just wanted that class bonus theme thing!

I explained that your character theme reflects on your character. And besides, mayor's daughter isn't rich :smalltongue:

absolmorph
2013-01-10, 03:59 AM
I explained that your character theme reflects on your character. And besides, mayor's daughter isn't rich :smalltongue:
It heavily implies upper class in any medieval-type setting, and at least upper-middle class in more modernized settings.
At least when looking at cities.

LaZodiac
2013-01-10, 04:00 AM
It heavily implies upper class in any medieval-type setting, and at least upper-middle class in more modernized settings.
At least when looking at cities.

It IS upper class, just not in comparision to the character theme's original intent (true born king of Neverwinter)

absolmorph
2013-01-10, 04:02 AM
It IS upper class, just not in comparision to the character theme's original intent (true born king of Neverwinter)
Well of course it's not going to compare well to that!

MoonCat
2013-01-10, 10:38 AM
Yes, I wanted the bonuses and therefore chose that one. I literally had no intention of having her be mayor's daughter until after, remember?

LaZodiac
2013-01-10, 10:52 AM
Yes, I wanted the bonuses and therefore chose that one. I literally had no intention of having her be mayor's daughter until after, remember?

Aaah. Well, it certainly helps with her characterization, though (which is what Character Themes do :smalltongue:)

AsteriskAmp
2013-01-10, 02:10 PM
Aaah. Well, it certainly helps with her characterization, though (which is what Character Themes do :smalltongue:)Wasn't it to pull absurd levels of cheese on top of essentials cheese?

Cheese in 4E terms.

LaZodiac
2013-01-10, 02:11 PM
Wasn't it to pull absurd levels of cheese on top of essentials cheese?

Cheese in 4E terms.

It can used as this, yes.

MoonCat
2013-01-10, 07:41 PM
Cheese? Have I done something wrong?

AsteriskAmp
2013-01-10, 07:51 PM
A lack of fondue could be said to be something wrong but not that much considering the essentials character chassis.

Depends on what you define as doing something wrong.

LaZodiac
2013-01-10, 07:55 PM

Long stpry, no. Will explain after work.

#3DS_Post

MoonCat
2013-01-10, 11:21 PM
Okay, sorry, I just reread the last two page,s and I have no idea what is going on. Can someone please explain? I think I just lost the plot.

AsteriskAmp
2013-01-10, 11:24 PM
Okay, sorry, I just reread the last two page,s and I have no idea what is going on. Can someone please explain? I think I just lost the plot.
We decided to take the captured Caissans to the Raven Queen's Cathedral
Upon arriving to the city we discover the Draugen are trying to take over the government by force
We left the prisoners at the Cathedral
We arrived at the Manor where the Draugen are fighting the city guard
You need to roll athletics or acrobatics or weasel some other skill into the skill challenge to be able to reach the mansion

LaZodiac
2013-01-10, 11:25 PM

Ok, first of all, explaining cheese. Basically, character themes, which can be used to put more fancy powers and features on your character, have in times been abused by power gamers to make super powerful things, without regard (or sometimes with regard) to plot and sensibility. Don't worry, you didn't do this :smalltongue:

Secondly, plot explanation. Commander Theolon, otherwise known as The Wolf, a former ally of The Lich, is in charge of the mercenary/justice group called Draugen. Their main enemy is the Cult of Caissa.

Only in reality, Commander Theolon is in charge of both factions and was thus pulling all the puppet strings on this situation. He had the party martyr Zenith, and kill the figurehead leader of the Cult, King. He is now attacking the guy incharge of Gloomwrought, Lord Jarod. There is more information, but you haven't gotten it yet.

MoonCat
2013-01-10, 11:28 PM
But Felix is a Draguen!

LaZodiac
2013-01-10, 11:30 PM
But Felix is a Draguen!

Yes, and she just told us the information I described! The implication is that she's feeling remorsefull, but only something with high insight like Juniper would be able to tell through the sending disc. This is something that might lead to Bast asking Juniper something in character :smalltongue:

AsteriskAmp
2013-01-10, 11:37 PM
But Felix is a Draguen!Under grouping principles, she is then also trying to take the government until proven contrary on a fair trial; the only reference material for such procedures is from 3.0 but luckily it involves more fluff than crunch so I wouldn't put it past application in 4E.

The book has been out of print for a few years but it shouldn't be hard to find on Amazon.

Ok, first of all, explaining cheese. Basically, character themes, which can be used to put more fancy powers and features on your character, have in times been abused by power gamers to make super powerful things, without regard (or sometimes with regard) to plot and sensibility. Don't worry, you didn't do this :smalltongue:You can't abuse things in 4E, the thing is like a rubber band, it barely strays from it's original position unless you have a bowling ball (of which all were taken away). At most you are less mediocre than others.

LaZodiac
2013-01-10, 11:40 PM
Under grouping principles, she is then also trying to take the government until proven contrary on a fair trial; the only reference material for such procedures is from 3.0 but luckily it involves more fluff than crunch so I wouldn't put it past application in 4E.

The book has been out of print for a few years but it shouldn't be hard to find on Amazon.
You can't abuse things in 4E, the thing is like a rubber band, it barely strays from it's original position. At most you are less mediocre than others.

Alternatively you could ask her.

Understandable opinion.

MoonCat
2013-01-11, 12:14 AM
Oh, I thought she closed the com thing

LaZodiac
2013-01-11, 12:21 AM
Oh, I thought she closed the com thing

She specificly said she'd keep the com open :smalltongue:

Also, as another minor explanation, the sending disc is basically a metal disc with a white gem in it that changes to a certain color when in use. It has a Sending ritual inside, modified to be self sustaining if inside the disc. I haven't fully worked how it WORKS yes, but the idea is that it's basically a holographic phone that only talks to one other pair.

AsteriskAmp
2013-01-11, 12:22 AM
She specificly said she'd keep the com open :smalltongue:

Also, as another minor explanation, the sending disc is basically a metal disc with a white gem in it that changes to a certain color when in use. It has a Sending ritual inside, modified to be self sustaining if inside the disc. I haven't fully worked how it WORKS yes, but the idea is that it's basically a holographic phone that only talks to one other pair.It's a pair of Sending Stones; Level 11 Uncommon, Price: 9,000 gp Wondrous Item. PHB p255

LaZodiac
2013-01-11, 12:46 AM
I forgot those things are things that exist!

Teddy
2013-01-11, 06:09 AM
Yes, and she just told us the information I described! The implication is that she's feeling remorsefull, but only something with high insight like Juniper would be able to tell through the sending disc. This is something that might lead to Bast asking Juniper something in character :smalltongue:

Is this something a passive insight check of 24 could tell? :smallwink:

It's a pair of Sending Stones; Level 11 Uncommon, Price: 9,000 gp Wondrous Item. PHB p255

Doesn't invalidate her fluff, though...

LaZodiac
2013-01-11, 10:18 AM

Doesn't invalidate her fluff, though...

Yes! I'll post what it is since I forgot to do that.

AsteriskAmp
2013-01-11, 10:45 AM
Wouldn't said massive insight also have hinted you on something not being quite right on the way die Commandant described the mission?

LaZodiac
2013-01-11, 10:48 AM
The way I set things up, no. Atleast not passively.

absolmorph
2013-01-11, 11:56 PM
This is more of an OOC question, but I'll answer here for convienance :smalltongue:

Genasi would have their hair replacement everywhere they WOULD have hair. They don't often have hair other then on their head, though it's not impossible to have a fire moustache.
I see. A mustache was definitely why I was thinking about this.
Mustachioed Teodor. Hm. D'you think he'd go for a chevron or handlebar?

LaZodiac
2013-01-11, 11:57 PM

No idea what a chevron moustache is. Teodor would probably go full santa beard though. Just a guess.

absolmorph
2013-01-11, 11:58 PM
No idea what a chevron moustache is. Teodor would probably go full santa beard though. Just a guess.
Only if he wanted to make sure his food is properly cooked :smallamused:

LaZodiac
2013-01-12, 12:00 AM
Well he CAN control what is and isn't burned by the flames, so he wouldn't have to worry about that.

MoonCat
2013-01-12, 01:06 AM
This is more of an OOC question, but I'll answer here for convienance :smalltongue:

Genasi would have their hair replacement everywhere they WOULD have hair. They don't often have hair other then on their head, though it's not impossible to have a fire moustache.

That should be fun if Bast and Teo hook up.

...It was? Aww... I'm the only pervert around?

LaZodiac
2013-01-12, 01:08 AM
That should be fun if Bast and Teo hook up.

...It was? Aww... I'm the only pervert around?

Rest assured you aren't. It's a good thing he can control what does and doesn't get burnt :smallamused:

MoonCat
2013-01-16, 04:29 PM
Okay, so Bast is now level 7, which means 56 hit points, and the stance Hungry Shark, which gives you +2 to your attack roll when attacking a bloodied enemies, lets you shift 3 squares instead of one but only if it will end next to a bloodied enemy, and +5 to checks made to swim. Swords are now +2, and I added the bracers to the sheet.

absolmorph
2013-01-20, 01:43 AM
Come heeeere Absolmorph, I need to resolve some UST between Bast and Teodor for the next plot arc! <deranged rapist grin>

:smallamused:
Just for the roleplaying, of course :smallamused:

AsteriskAmp
2013-01-20, 01:56 AM
Just for the roleplaying, of course :smallamused:Which of the many definitions?

MoonCat
2013-01-21, 04:14 PM
Excellent. I'm going to set you on fire, and then we'll begin.

...Where did I put my swords?

ION: Have you guys noticed how, in a funny sort of inverse of normal, Bast becomes more eloquent than normal? It's because of my own difficulty in acting out her emotions without using long words, so it's like Bast gets a brain upgrade whenever she's royally pissed. >.<

Teddy
2013-01-22, 12:46 PM
Oh man, I almost wish for the Bast-Felix(-Teodor) exchange to be spoilered. If Elden would've heard it, I can't promise that he wouldn't try to kill Bast (or rather, subdue, restrain and give her her lecture back at her twofold), and now I'll have one hell of a time trying to make Elden behave just as clueless about it as he's supposed to be (well, as clueless as he can get with a passive Insight of 24, but still).

LaZodiac
2013-01-22, 12:47 PM
Sorry about that Teddy :smallredface:

MoonCat
2013-01-22, 08:48 PM
Wanna continue it in spoilers? I'm more than fine with that, I wanted it to be in spoilers but I thought that would seem as if I was being unfair to the other group, who weren't using them.

LaZodiac
2013-01-22, 08:50 PM
Sure, I shall do so!

MoonCat
2013-02-08, 01:02 AM
**** this. LaLa, why can't I send Bast off with Teodor? It's the only in-character thing she'd do anyway, and then I can introduce a new character who isn't going to make me burst into tears because I feel like I'm acting out-of-character every ****ing time she doesn't kill her teammates.

LaZodiac
2013-02-08, 01:11 AM
My question is why can't she GET better? It'd be in character for her to change. People change all the time! And since Absol didn't get into the army, atleast this attempt, I wasn't sure if I SHOULD send Teodor off or not! I'm as conflicted as you are.

absolmorph
2013-02-08, 01:49 AM
One of the problems with Bast seems to be that you're playing her anger as only the raging kind of anger where you want to smash the focus of your ire into the dirt. There are other kinds of anger.
There's the kind of anger where it just festers in your soul while you smile at them and treat them nice but inside you want to smash their skull into the pavement until the pavement is cracked.
There's the kind of anger where you're actually angry at yourself, so you look at yourself and get better so it doesn't happen again.
There's the kind of anger where you just sit back and watch the thing who angered you and gather yourself so that when it's vulnerable you can smash it.
There's the kind of anger where you laugh because it's so ridiculous that whatever made you angry happened but it still did.

Anger doesn't just make you irrational and smash-y. It can make you duplicitous, conniving, righteous, and so much more.

Blue Ghost
2013-02-08, 03:41 AM
There's all that Absol said. There's always room for character development.

But I don't see why you can't just introduce a new character. There can be any number of reasons for this, both in-character and out, and I really don't think it would be that disruptive to the game to do so. Heck, I'm thinking I might retire Juniper myself.

MoonCat
2013-02-08, 10:24 PM
My question is why can't she GET better? It'd be in character for her to change. People change all the time! And since Absol didn't get into the army, atleast this attempt, I wasn't sure if I SHOULD send Teodor off or not! I'm as conflicted as you are.

You can't just change someone's entire character for no reason, they need to have a reason.

The problem is, with Bast, all the bridges have been burnt. Like, just in her not continuing to fight with Adalhard over the girl, which I did because I was so sick of the fighting, that was already majorly OOC for her. Because as in all preceding cases for Bast, she doesn't have any of the types of anger Absol mentioned, she has the continue fighting until she destroys it anger.

And I can't play that if I'm working with a team, but I can't change it becuase I refuse, refuse to be that ridiculously OOC. If I were a DM I'd willing to throw all game mechanics out of the window if it were to make a good story, and as me now, I'm willing to start a whole new character if it means I don't have to ruin a story, or a character, or all semblance of realistic character portrayal.

There's all that Absol said. There's always room for character development.

But I don't see why you can't just introduce a new character. There can be any number of reasons for this, both in-character and out, and I really don't think it would be that disruptive to the game to do so. Heck, I'm thinking I might retire Juniper myself.

Not for no reason, and I don't even see how she can get to a place where she can come across a reason while she continues to have to function as a workable character.

Sure. Then I get the chance to try some new mechanics, and I'll have brand new interactions with the characters.

Although, if Teodor is staying in the game, then I'll need some time to talk with Absol first. She's not connected enough to the other characters to need that, but considering their ties, Absol and I should probably discuss the impact on him in she were to leave first.

absolmorph
2013-02-08, 11:08 PM
If Bast leaves, Teodor is going with unless there are very compelling reasons for him not to.
So far, none exist.

MoonCat
2013-02-08, 11:08 PM
I don't wanna make you do that. I also don't want to break up the game. Talk over PM?

absolmorph
2013-02-24, 10:21 PM
killing Carric so Carric could be more Carric
I just wanted to share this excerpt from the start of Teodor explaining what happened in the last 11 days.

Amidus Drexel
2013-03-09, 03:13 PM
Okay, I'm finally all caught up.

Comments (haphazard and erratic):This campaign is awesome. I likes it a lot. Even the low points of party cohesiveness were gripping and made me want to read more. I don't think I've ever been nearly as frustrated (or pleased) with fictional characters and their actions, so I commend you all on making this awesome. :smallcool:

All the stuff with Bast at the beginning of the fourth thread was hilarious. There were several times I nearly fell out of my chair laughing, especially at her reactions to stuff. Running into the bathroom and hiding was brilliant. It's too bad Adalhard wasn't there... that would've been perfect. :smallamused:

And now I feel like commenting on the characters, so... here goes. (they probably don't need spoilers, but I'm not sure how much I'm going to write, so I'm just going to roll with it.)

Bast:One of my favorites. A lot of the stuff in the campaign has to do with what she does or how she reacts to stuff. (my god, I'm being vague, aren't I?) I'm interested in seeing how she does things around her family.

Teodor:Not much to say, really. (absolmorph was gone for a lot of the campaign, so I'm not as familiar with Teo as I am with the rest of the characters) He seems pretty cool, though. I like the hushed conversations in Primordial.

Elden:Elden is like a combination of Adalhard and Carric; either long-winded and verbose or fairly quiet. The staff is pretty cool, and I find a lot of his combat maneuvers pretty cool (moving people around and such). He started off as my favorite character, but now I'm not sure...

Juniper:Juniper probably started off as my least-favorite character, but he's grown on me a lot. (he's my second or third favorite now) The songs are brilliant (doubly so, if I'm remembering correctly that you make those up off the top of your head).

Carric:Carric seems to be the sanest of all the party members. I don't think there's a lot to say, really (seems appropriate). He's pretty cool. I liked the interaction with him and the other "Carric", and his speech was impressive.

Adalhard:Is a complete nutcase. I love it. I almost fell out of my chair laughing at the table dictating his actions. He's a bit verbose, but now that I've gotten used to how he talks, I can read through what he says. The thing with the plants and Ilya was unexpected and awesome. I'm not sure I understand everything that he's done, but that was probably intentional. One of my favorites, for sure.

Oh, and August, the character themes are awesome. I don't think I have any favorites personally, they're all really good. UI is maddeningly chaotic, so I can't help but like it.

I think I can follow the campaign properly, now.

LaZodiac
2013-03-09, 03:15 PM
Woohoo! Glad you're liking the campaign. Blue does put some thought into the songs so it's not all 100% improv, but he is making them so there is that :smallamused:

MoonCat
2013-03-09, 08:28 PM
Yes indeed, this be an excellent story of madmen. August, where's that table you did? I wanna see it again, I was distracted last time around.

And thank you, Amidus. I try to play good characters, although my obsessiveness with staying IC often leads to OOC troubles. :smallredface:

And now I'm going to go see what it was Bast was doing in the fourth thread, because I cannot recall her specific actions during the Lust Incident.

LaZodiac
2013-03-09, 08:43 PM
And now I'm going to go see what it was Bast was doing in the fourth thread, because I cannot recall her specific actions during the Lust Incident.

Fitting, given the memory loss of Bast :smallamused:

Blue Ghost
2013-03-09, 09:20 PM
We're being followed? :smalleek:

Please don't judge me based on my roleplaying skill, Amidus.

MoonCat
2013-03-09, 11:23 PM
Blue Ghost! No unwarranted self-deprecation!

Teddy
2013-03-10, 05:54 AM
Elden:Elden is like a combination of Adalhard and Carric; either long-winded and verbose or fairly quiet. The staff is pretty cool, and I find a lot of his combat maneuvers pretty cool (moving people around and such). He started off as my favorite character, but now I'm not sure...

That's hardly surprising. My greatest struggle with Elden has been trying to make him more personal and relateable, which is hard, since he's traumatised(-ish) to the point where he practically can't feel anger or sadness, and otherwise is supposed to be quite reserved. Also, he hasn't had enough commoner NPCs to interact with, so a vast amount of his dialog has become him acting dry and shooting down the most implausible plans or otherwise rebuking the party when they decide to be stupid. Or leaving report to the higher NPCs LaLa have us interract with.

Oh, and it's amusing how Elden became so part-time silent. From the start, he was supposed to respond to more or less everything, but since large parts of conversation (and action) happens while I'm asleep, I've had to adapt him into staying silent for large amounts of time. He's sort of like the parent who lets it's kid run around on its own without interfering just to see how much responsibility it can handle. :smallwink:

Also, speaking about the party members, I have this little comic thing I've been drawing on sporadically during long lectures or moments of general boredom. It's basically a few shallow reflections on everyone's personalities (and some throwaway jokes):
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/7330/dndelden.png

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9286/dndadalhard.png

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6086/dndbast.png

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1535/dndcarric.png

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/1613/dndjuniper.png

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9092/dndteodor.png
The single-pixel lines in the margins of some come from the fact that I had to take screenshots of them in Windows Journal to preserve the colours, and then edit out everything around, which in some cases left these borders. However, this post-processing took too much time for me to bother going back and fixing it.

Also, just ask if there's something you can't read.

LaZodiac
2013-03-10, 10:27 AM
Oh...oh my god. I don't think I've read something funnier in like, months. Dear lord that was hilarious.

The only one I can even defend is the world seeming to revolve around Carric. It's just a coincidence, since he had such an obvious plot hook.

But that does not stop it from being true and hilarious. I sincerly hope you do more of these in the future, when appropriate.

Amidus Drexel
2013-03-10, 10:43 AM
We're being followed? :smalleek:

Please don't judge me based on my roleplaying skill, Amidus.

Perception 10A 120x120 orange horse appears to be following you. It looks like it's about to fall over. :smallamused:

You're doing wonderfully, Blue. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Also, speaking about the party members, I have this little comic thing I've been drawing on sporadically during long lectures or moments of general boredom. It's basically a few shallow reflections on everyone's personalities (and some throwaway jokes):

The single-pixel lines in the margins of some come from the fact that I had to take screenshots of them in Windows Journal to preserve the colours, and then edit out everything around, which in some cases left these borders. However, this post-processing took too much time for me to bother going back and fixing it.

Those are hilarious. :smallbiggrin:

Ranger Mattos
2013-03-10, 12:03 PM
Glad you're enjoying the campaign, Amidus :smallsmile:

-snip-

Those are amazing. I'm a human elf plot device! :smallbiggrin:

absolmorph
2013-03-10, 12:06 PM
Burn the witch! Burn 'er!

Ranger Mattos
2013-03-10, 12:30 PM
Burn the witch! Burn 'er!

She turned me into a newt!

LaZodiac
2013-03-10, 12:31 PM
I think you mean mewt :smallamused:

Teddy
2013-03-10, 02:06 PM
Oh...oh my god. I don't think I've read something funnier in like, months. Dear lord that was hilarious.

Those are hilarious. :smallbiggrin:

Those are amazing. I'm a human elf plot device! :smallbiggrin:

I'm glad to hear you liked them.

The only one I can even defend is the world seeming to revolve around Carric. It's just a coincidence, since he had such an obvious plot hook.

As I said, shallow reflections (with the stress on "shallow") and throwaway jokes. Also, I've exaggerated just about everything for the sake of this comic.

But that does not stop it from being true and hilarious. I sincerly hope you do more of these in the future, when appropriate.

That'll probably take some time before it happens. It's actually rather hard to gather enough broad, sweeping statements about the party members to fill a page each. Adalhard is a gem in this regard, because no one does as much weird stuff as he does, and I know Elden intimately enough to fish out another page if required, but Bast, who you'd think would produce quite a lot of material, only managed 2 panels, because just about everything remarkable about her could be summarised in that space, and Teodor has been too much of a background character throughout the campaign for there to be more to start with. I could've said something about how his only strategy in combat seems to be making Bast hit stuff for him, but now that Absol is back behind the rudder, this isn't true any longer (as I learned, hehe).

Yes! Perfect delivery! This is puns at its finest! :smallbiggrin:

LaZodiac
2013-03-10, 02:12 PM
I'm glad to hear you liked them.

As I said, shallow reflections (with the stress on "shallow") and throwaway jokes. Also, I've exaggerated just about everything for the sake of this comic.

That'll probably take some time before it happens. It's actually rather hard to gather enough broad, sweeping statements about the party members to fill a page each. Adalhard is a gem in this regard, because no one does as much weird stuff as he does, and I know Elden intimately enough to fish out another page if required, but Bast, who you'd think would produce quite a lot of material, only managed 2 panels, because just about everything remarkable about her could be summarised in that space, and Teodor has been too much of a background character throughout the campaign for there to be more to start with. I could've said something about how his only strategy in combat seems to be making Bast hit stuff for him, but now that Absol is back behind the rudder, this isn't true any longer (as I learned, hehe).

Yes! Perfect delivery! This is puns at its finest! :smallbiggrin:

Totally understand the generalization thing. I'm just self concious and decided to defend myself even though I should of known I didn't need to :smalltongue:

And I'm not requesting any, I'm just giving the general "I approve of this" thing. As you're quite aware, I'm very patient with this kind of thing :smallwink:

Yes indeed! Oh word puns.

AsteriskAmp
2013-03-10, 02:32 PM
When your base modifier with a hammer is 19, everything is a nail.

Also, 10gp is wayyyy too low for rusted nails; 50gp and 10% discount in all purchases on the store.

It's absolutely hilarious.

Ranger Mattos
2013-03-10, 02:52 PM

Clever.

And I just noticed: was it on purpose that you left Carric out of the Elden comic?

Teddy
2013-03-10, 03:38 PM
Also, 10gp is wayyyy too low for rusted nails; 50gp and 10% discount in all purchases on the store.

Well, duh, of course it is. I should've realised it from the start. Oh well, it's too late to go back and edit now. You'll just have to endure having Adalhard depicted with subpar haggling skills. :smallwink::smalltongue:

It's absolutely hilarious.

Thanks.

And I just noticed: was it on purpose that you left Carric out of the Elden comic?

I see you found the subtle forward reference to how Carric always seems to be forgotten. Yes, it was actually on purpose. I tend to pay attention to small details like these. :smallamused:

Blue Ghost
2013-03-10, 03:57 PM
What's a Carric?

I laughed. For real. :smallbiggrin:

Teddy
2013-03-10, 05:25 PM
What's a Carric?

I dunno. I think it's some kind of boat...

I laughed. For real. :smallbiggrin:

Good to hear.

You know, it's actually a bit sad that I can't tell how funny these are. I mean, they obviously amuse me, or I wouldn't have drawn them, but I can't really laught at them, because all my laughter was channeled into scribbling this down.
You know, I scribe a short comic onto the canvas for anyone else to read and enjoy, but I can't get the effects of it myself. It's sort of like a scroll, really.
I'm a wizard! :smallbiggrin:

LaZodiac
2013-03-10, 05:46 PM
Yur a wizard Teddy.

Ranger Mattos
2013-03-10, 07:22 PM
What's a Carric?

I dunno. I think it's some kind of boat...

Actually, it's a device for hitting things. Doesn't do too well in water.

MoonCat
2013-03-10, 10:53 PM

Totally agreed on the hilarious part. But no, clearly the world revolves around Bast. Unfortunately.

This is the best thing since ever. <huggles>

AsteriskAmp
2013-03-10, 10:56 PM
Totally agreed on the hilarious part. But no, clearly the world revolves around Bast. Unfortunately.Number of posts and episodes centred on, says otherwise.

MoonCat
2013-03-10, 11:01 PM
Number of posts and episodes centred on, says otherwise.

Clearly you haven't counted. The entire Ahadowfell arc up until the end was Bast, having started during the lich fight ages ago.

AsteriskAmp
2013-03-10, 11:06 PM
Clearly you haven't counted. The entire Ahadowfell arc up until the end was Bast, having started during the lich fight ages ago.Are we really competing to see who hogged more attention?

Shadowfel arc I think was meant to be Carric; but I will posit a plant daughter, a shopping trip, several speeches, and political maneuvering. Though most of that was in spoilers.

MoonCat
2013-03-10, 11:15 PM
Are we really competing to see who hogged more attention?

Shadowfel arc I think was meant to be Carric; but I will posit a plant daughter, a shopping trip, several speeches, and political maneuvering. Though most of that was in spoilers.

Doesn't count if spoilers. It's not attention that way. Now Bast, she had a temper tantrum after being knocked out in battle, yelled at a goddess, attacked Adalhard, fell under the effect of the Shadowfell, attacked a surrendering prisoner and threatened you guys for stopping her, dramatically passed out, woke up and started screaming about being cursed because she was lusting after every teammate she came by, met her sister, was raped by a succubus, and started a screaming loud, weeks-long-OOC argument with him about his daughter which resulted in her attempting to kidnap her, attacked Adalhard again, brought him to his knees then spared him after adopting a pet pseudodragon, then passed out, was nice to you for like, five hours, then delclared her sister a traitor and was being physically separated before it got taken to spoilers boxes (I'm leaving out the stuff in spoilers), had a screaming-fight with Juniper, then proceeded to dramatically pass out AGAIN, and wake up with her memory erased for no apparent reason and then we have her going to her parent house where she is automatically ranking above the others.

LaZodiac
2013-03-10, 11:16 PM
Oh you guys.

MoonCat
2013-03-10, 11:20 PM
Oh you guys.

Oh, forgot to mention, Bast also had a screaming bitch fight with you guys after the rape incident.

And LaLa, you're the one who is making this entire verse read like something out of BoEF, or whatever it's called.

LaZodiac
2013-03-10, 11:22 PM
Oh, forgot to mention, Bast also had a screaming bitch fight with you guys after the rape incident.

And LaLa, you're the one who is making this entire verse read like something out of BoEF, or whatever it's called.

...Are you saying I've turned the game into The Book of Vile Darkness :smalleek:

AsteriskAmp
2013-03-10, 11:40 PM
...Are you saying I've turned the game into The Book of Vile Darkness :smalleek:Book of Erotic Fantasy. One of the most mature, immature, sensible, broken, well written, badly written; insanely edited books of 3.5

LaZodiac
2013-03-10, 11:42 PM
Book of Erotic Fantasy. One of the most mature, immature, sensible, broken, well written, badly written; insanely edited books of 3.5

Ah. I don't write THAT badly :smalltongue:

Infact I was very tasteful, and I'm not going to go down that road again. The closest I'll get is chintzy romance scenes with Juniper and Felix.

MoonCat
2013-03-11, 12:55 AM
<coughs>sluttymaid<coughs>

<coughs>rapingcatgirlwithfemalesexdemom<coughs>

<coughs>infectingcatgirlwithoverwhelminglust<coughs>

Riiiiiiiiiight.

LaZodiac
2013-03-11, 12:56 AM
All purely a coincidence. And she's totally not a sexy maid, in that her outfit is not sexy. One could argue that she is a sexy maid in that she is a maid who is likely good looking, but she's not the sterotypical maido character.

Teddy
2013-03-11, 03:27 AM
This is the best thing since ever. <huggles>

Thanks. :smallredface:

Totally agreed on the hilarious part. But no, clearly the world revolves around Bast. Unfortunately.

Nah, our story revolves around Bast, but the plot is certainly mostly Carric-centric, and the path we've yet to walk is still longer than the path we've wandered. :smallwink:

LaZodiac
2013-03-11, 03:30 AM
I'd like to apologize for all the sudden crazy that's happened in the main thread. Time zones lead to shinanigans, to be sure.

Teddy
2013-03-11, 01:59 PM
I'd like to apologize for all the sudden crazy that's happened in the main thread. Time zones lead to shinanigans, to be sure.

No need to appologise to me, it's not like I can demand that you all refrain from posting when I'm asleep. And if anyone should appologise to anyone else, it should be I.

LaZodiac
2013-03-11, 02:00 PM
It's clear we're going to get into a cycle of "no, I should apologize" so lets just call the whole thing off and have a group hug, since no one's really at fault, especially because nothing bad actually happened.

Teddy
2013-03-11, 04:44 PM
To continue my suite of campaign-related art, I've had this lying around for a while in a partially coloured state, so I spent my evening finishing it. Behold a pseudodragon:
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/6973/littleblackdragonlarge.png

I'm quite proud with how it turned out, even though I probably could have spent yet an eternity touching up on those white shadows which highlights it contours. The only problem is, however, that it doesn't scale down very well. Most of the white shadows are too thin to work in an avatar-sized format, and they definitely won't in a map icon format, so I need to play around with them a bit in order to make to make it work when down-sized. Also, most of the legs and tail will probably have to be cut out as well...

LaZodiac
2013-03-11, 04:46 PM
That...looks really good.

MoonCat
2013-03-11, 06:17 PM
Thanks. :smallredface:

Nah, our story revolves around Bast, but the plot is certainly mostly Carric-centric, and the path we've yet to walk is still longer than the path we've wandered. :smallwink:

We love you, ya know. :smalltongue:

World=story. Plot=DM's world

There was crazy?

To continue my suite of campaign-related art, I've had this lying around for a while in a partially coloured state, so I spent my evening finishing it. Behold a pseudodragon:
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/6973/littleblackdragonlarge.png

I'm quite proud with how it turned out, even though I probably could have spent yet an eternity touching up on those white shadows which highlights it contours. The only problem is, however, that it doesn't scale down very well. Most of the white shadows are too thin to work in an avatar-sized format, and they definitely won't in a map icon format, so I need to play around with them a bit in order to make to make it work when down-sized. Also, most of the legs and tail will probably have to be cut out as well...

AUGHBLAGHLTEDDYYOUARESOAWEOSMEICOULDJUSTKISSYOUSOA WEOSMEFAGDGVANSBFKNADKNFVKAFDNAFDKVA.

I LOVE IT SO MUCH.

Also, did you guys like the thing about Bast mistrusting the pseudodragon? It occurred to me she could still see it following her and must have gotten the wrong end of the stick. I'm glad she knows about it now too (for a moment I was worried Adalhard was offscreen killing it), so I can begin roleplaying with her pet. She was a bit distracted with uncontrollable rage earlier, so I didn't get to explore that as much.

absolmorph
2013-03-11, 06:22 PM
I'm just going to note to Luna that Teodor's response was nearly "I'm going to lie and say yes because it would be funny."

MoonCat
2013-03-11, 06:23 PM
Oh, please retcon it so you did! It would make me so happy!

absolmorph
2013-03-11, 06:30 PM
I guess I will. :smallamused:

MoonCat
2013-03-11, 06:38 PM
Oh, I thought you meant changing to him lying 'yes' because it would be funny. I'm not sure I get this.

absolmorph
2013-03-11, 06:41 PM
He doesn't want to misinform Bast, as hilarious as it would be. So he's lying and stating that he's lying.

Teddy
2013-03-12, 02:59 AM
That...looks really good.

Thanks!

We love you, ya know. :smalltongue:

It's easy to forget. Personal insecurities are deeply rooted, even when you try to rationalise your way around them. You of all people should understand...

World=story. Plot=DM's world

Nah, I think ahead, so world = story + plot. :smallwink:

AUGHBLAGHLTEDDYYOUARESOAWEOSMEICOULDJUSTKISSYOUSOA WEOSMEFAGDGVANSBFKNADKNFVKAFDNAFDKVA.

I LOVE IT SO MUCH.

:redface:

I'm glad to hear that, seeing how I made it for you.

Also, did you guys like the thing about Bast mistrusting the pseudodragon? It occurred to me she could still see it following her and must have gotten the wrong end of the stick. I'm glad she knows about it now too (for a moment I was worried Adalhard was offscreen killing it), so I can begin roleplaying with her pet. She was a bit distracted with uncontrollable rage earlier, so I didn't get to explore that as much.

Seems pretty much in character for a calm Bast, yes.

MoonCat
2013-03-12, 05:51 PM
It's easy to forget. Personal insecurities are deeply rooted, even when you try to rationalise your way around them. You of all people should understand...

Nah, I think ahead, so world = story + plot. :smallwink:

:redface:

I'm glad to hear that, seeing how I made it for you.

Seems pretty much in character for a calm Bast, yes.

I know. That's why I bothered to tell you. <kiss> :smalltongue:

Pfft. You're wrong. I'll just resort to ad hominem at this point and say you're incapable of being correct since you're brain0fried sick at the moment.

I LOVE IT SO MUCH.

Mm.

LaZodiac
2013-03-12, 05:52 PM

You tease. Looks like I've gotta work on getting art skills...

Teddy
2013-03-12, 06:10 PM

I figured. After all, it makes sense for you to more easily spot other's insecurities when you share them yourself...

Also: :smallredface:

Pfft. You're wrong. I'll just resort to ad hominem at this point and say you're incapable of being correct since you're brain0fried sick at the moment.

Tell that to the mathematics. :smalltongue:

I LOVE IT SO MUCH.

Yeah, I'm not going to repeat myself. :smallwink:

MoonCat
2013-03-12, 06:43 PM
You tease. Looks like I've gotta work on getting art skills...

Nope. Not gonna work.

I figured. After all, it makes sense for you to more easily spot other's insecurities when you share them yourself...

Also: :smallredface:

Tell that to the mathematics. :smalltongue:

Yeah, I'm not going to repeat myself. :smallwink:

Yeah. <huggles>

Pfft. <hand wave>

Flamey looks so awesomely badass. It's moments when I almost feel like it is the real world when I really love this game. Like, walking through Watertroden, I actually wanted to stop and look through the markets selling stuff from the Air Plane. And then there's flamey being all AWESOME.

Which reminds me, what should I call him? I'll sort through whether it would make sense for Bast to call him that (otherwise I'd already have a name down.), but I'd love suggestions.

AsteriskAmp
2013-03-12, 07:01 PM
Which reminds me, what should I call him? I'll sort through whether it would make sense for Bast to call him that (otherwise I'd already have a name down.), but I'd love suggestions.Random tables, is there something you can't solve?

{table=head]Result|Number of Names|Name per number
1|1d1|Norbert
2|1d2|Faranth
3|1d4|Glaedr
4|1d8|Mnementh
5|1d10|Bunsen
6|1d12|Burner
7|1d20|Montague
8|2d1|Rhaegal
9|2d2|Falkor
10|2d4|Nagisa
11|2d8|Dheginsea
12|3d1|Fafnir
13|3d2|Shenlong
14|3d4|Alduin
15|3d6|Ridley
16|4d1|Spyro
17|4d2|Synn
18|4d4|Volvagia
19|5d1|Ender
20|5d2|Bignor
[/TABLE]

-Rolls-

I suggest Bunsen Burner Fafnir Ridley Norbert
Bunsen-Burner in short

absolmorph
2013-03-12, 08:13 PM
I'd shorten that to Bun-Bun.

MoonCat
2013-03-12, 10:08 PM
Random tables, is there something you can't solve?

{table=head]Result|Number of Names|Name per number
1|1d1|Norbert
2|1d2|Faranth
3|1d4|Glaedr
4|1d8|Mnementh
5|1d10|Bunsen
6|1d12|Burner
7|1d20|Montague
8|2d1|Rhaegal
9|2d2|Falkor
10|2d4|Nagisa
11|2d8|Dheginsea
12|3d1|Fafnir
13|3d2|Shenlong
14|3d4|Alduin
15|3d6|Ridley
16|4d1|Spyro
17|4d2|Synn
18|4d4|Volvagia
19|5d1|Ender
20|5d2|Bignor
[/TABLE]

-Rolls-

I suggest Bunsen Burner Fafnir Ridley Norbert
Bunsen-Burner in short

Speaking about that, you haven't reposted your table. where the heck is it anyway?

Letmethinkaboutit... NO.

AsteriskAmp
2013-03-12, 10:32 PM
Speaking about that, you haven't reposted your table. where the heck is it anyway?

Letmethinkaboutit... NO.It is the table (I jokingly mentioned) used to determine Adalhard's actions I HAVE been trying to find it but I have just experienced a motherboard death and my physical records are at a friend's house, a friend currently in Disney. And lack of reference spotting saddens me.

EDIT: Found it by searching the word Carric on each page of the OOC since it is the name least mentioned according to Google on our OOC threads.

{table=head]d6|Who|What|How
1|Carric|Support|Joyfully
2|Bast|Annoy|Sarcastically
3|Elden|Viciously Contradict|Emphatically
4|Juniper|Screw with Mind|Philosophically
5|Teodor|Ignore|Stoically
6|NPC|Accuse|Calmly
[/table]

I roll 3d6 and interpret the results in order.

Teddy
2013-03-13, 10:25 AM
Flamey looks so awesomely badass. It's moments when I almost feel like it is the real world when I really love this game. Like, walking through Watertroden, I actually wanted to stop and look through the markets selling stuff from the Air Plane. And then there's flamey being all AWESOME.

I had such a great moment like that when Elden was reminiscing his home. I actually spent most of my time staring toward the horison and imagining myself imagining a forest (Imaginception!) when writing those posts.

Also, combat manouvers. I almost always execute the manouvers I have Elden do ingame myself just to try them out and get a feel for what works and what just looks riddiculous. It's quite immersive indeed.

Which reminds me, what should I call him? I'll sort through whether it would make sense for Bast to call him that (otherwise I'd already have a name down.), but I'd love suggestions.

Hmm, good question. I guess I could try and come up with a few suggestions if given a bit of time. The main question is, however, what kind of name would Bast go for?

MoonCat
2013-03-13, 05:28 PM
It is the table (I jokingly mentioned) used to determine Adalhard's actions I HAVE been trying to find it but I have just experienced a motherboard death and my physical records are at a friend's house, a friend currently in Disney. And lack of reference spotting saddens me.

EDIT: Found it by searching the word Carric on each page of the OOC since it is the name least mentioned according to Google on our OOC threads.

Awesome, thanks. Also, lol'd at the way you found it. ^.^

I had such a great moment like that when Elden was reminiscing his home. I actually spent most of my time staring toward the horison and imagining myself imagining a forest (Imaginception!) when writing those posts.

Also, combat manouvers. I almost always execute the manouvers I have Elden do ingame myself just to try them out and get a feel for what works and what just looks riddiculous. It's quite immersive indeed.

Hmm, good question. I guess I could try and come up with a few suggestions if given a bit of time. The main question is, however, what kind of name would Bast go for?

Yeah. I skipped that entire section because I was near unconcious, saw the wall of text, and my brian screamed in protest. :smallredface:

I do that with music from movies.

Bast will do something overly dramatic and badass. Think, she has no concept of hammy, and likes badass. She'd go for Flamedyingdestructordeathwingsonthenight if it weren't too long and she'd never remember it.

Cobra_Ikari
2013-03-24, 10:18 PM
The dragon's name should obviously be Lockheed. >.>

...just my two cents. =P

Teddy
2013-03-26, 07:55 AM
The dragon's name should obviously be Lockheed. >.>

...just my two cents. =P

As far as airplane manifacturers go, I think Hawker is a pretty good name for a dragon as well. And I can't help but unintentionally suffix Lockheed with Martin or Vega...

MoonCat
2013-03-26, 09:18 PM
Right, LaLa, you take over Bast at this point, although she's not doing anything right now. I'll be back soon, and thanks!

LaZodiac
2013-03-26, 09:19 PM
She's not doing anything since no one is posting since everyone is either sick, waiting for other people to post, or are posting but not involved with Bast :smallamused:

Cobra_Ikari
2013-03-29, 04:34 PM
As far as airplane manifacturers go, I think Hawker is a pretty good name for a dragon as well. And I can't help but unintentionally suffix Lockheed with Martin or Vega...

I meant this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_%28comics%29) Lockheed. :smalltongue:

LaZodiac
2013-04-04, 08:40 PM
Okay! So, I was looking at the math of the game and stuff, and decided to go with a bit of a fix that will hopefully help you guys, and encourage you guys to pick some nifty side feats :smalltongue:

Originally Posted by: Surrealistik http://www.giantitp.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=199598)

#2: Each player gains one free expertise and one free defense bolstering feat of that player's choice. The defense feat chosen must permanently and unconditionally increase at least one defense.

Why? Both Expertise and defense boosting feats are required to keep pace with monster defense and attack roll progressions; these are universal feat taxes.

#3: Each defender that has a primary ability other than strength gains a free Melee Training or other feat that enables them to substitute their strength with their primary ability score for the attack rolls of opportunity or melee basic attacks.

Why? Precludes non-strength defenders from suffering an unnecessary feat tax in the form of Melee Training and equivalents. These feats are required if the defender wants a strong opportunity attack, which is essential for the role.

Basically, what this means is that, say for instance Elden, he has Staff Expertise. He can now replace that with a different feat, but still have Staff Expertise on his sheet. MY UNDERSTANDING is that the defense feat change only really works for Paragon and up, since there aren't any full defense boosting feats in Heroic tier. So you can't just pick a random feat to replace it until Paragon. Since basically all of you have picked up the Weapon Expertise feat of your choice, the short story is that you all get one free feat. Adalhard gets two since he's a non strength based Defender :smalltongue:

absolmorph
2013-04-04, 09:34 PM
Teodor gets Spear Expertise, then, I suppose.

AsteriskAmp
2013-04-04, 09:46 PM
Adalhard will take White Lotus Duelling Expertise (Pre-Errata Version)
and Winterkin Heritage.

LaZodiac
2013-04-04, 09:48 PM
To clarify, and nip questions in the bud, all the errated removed was a +2 to arcana checks and diplomacy checks after you hit with an arcane attack. I put it back in because I don't see why it was removed :smallamused:

absolmorph
2013-04-05, 12:28 AM
To clarify, and nip questions in the bud, all the errated removed was a +2 to arcana checks and diplomacy checks after you hit with an arcane attack. I put it back in because I don't see why it was removed :smallamused:
At-will on a party member, Diplomacy/Arcana check.
Or... similar shenanigans involving NPCs.

LaZodiac
2013-04-05, 12:29 AM
Already fixed that. Outside of battle, since he's able to concentrate, that bonus can always be on. And I'm trusting that Pinkhair won't abuse the system like that, especially since he has to hit to get the bonus.

AsteriskAmp
2013-04-05, 12:34 AM
No need to abuse when about 99% of all powers one has are arcane and hitting something (not an ally) is in his best interest.

Teddy
2013-04-05, 08:18 AM
Elden takes Firefoe of Pelor (originally "of Silvanus", but LaLa made a little switcharound).

MY UNDERSTANDING is that the defense feat change only really works for Paragon and up, since there aren't any full defense boosting feats in Heroic tier.

Unless you look at Heroes of the Fallen Lands, where all the defense feats are heroic tier and scaling (making them better than the feats with the same names in PHB), and some even have additional benefits. Both Elden and Carric has a defense feat (Superior Reflexes) from it already. How are we proceed?

[...] the short story is that you all get one free feat. Adalhard gets two since he's a non strength based Defender :smalltongue:

Do you consider Intelligent Blademaster equivalent to Melee Training for the purpose of this? Because Adalhard has the former, not the latter, on virtue of the former being somewhat better.

What does it do otherwise?

LaZodiac
2013-04-05, 08:57 AM
Unless you look at Heroes of the Fallen Lands, where all the defense feats are heroic tier and scaling (making them better than the feats with the same names in PHB), and some even have additional benefits. Both Elden and Carric has a defense feat (Superior Reflexes) from it already. How are we proceed?

Do you consider Intelligent Blademaster equivalent to Melee Training for the purpose of this? Because Adalhard has the former, not the latter, on virtue of the former being somewhat better.

What does it do otherwise?

My understanding of it is that since those only give a bonus to one defense, it's a quote unquote "bad idea" to pick them for your free defense feat, since it still delays the increasing of your other defenses. Therefor, one would take improved defense, which is infact a heroic tier feat and I forgot, so you'd all totally get that too.

Yes I would. Also, I should note, the guy who did all the math is technically Pinkhair. He looked up all this stuff since the math has already been done, and though I do understand it, at the same time I kind of don't cause I'm silly. So maybe Pinkhair can explain better!

It does this: White Lotus Dueling Expertise
Prerequisite: Any arcane class
Benefit: You gain a +1 feat bonus to the attack rolls of arcane powers and basic attacks that you make with any weapon or implement with which you have proficiency. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.
You also gain proficiency with orbs, rods, staffs, or wands.

Teddy
2013-04-05, 09:56 AM
My understanding of it is that since those only give a bonus to one defense, it's a quote unquote "bad idea" to pick them for your free defense feat, since it still delays the increasing of your other defenses. Therefor, one would take improved defense, which is infact a heroic tier feat and I forgot, so you'd all totally get that too.

Doesn't make them any less of defense feats, according to the provided definition. Also, if you pick the one for your worst defense, it'll end up better than if you just take Improved Defenses.

Yes I would. Also, I should note, the guy who did all the math is technically Pinkhair. He looked up all this stuff since the math has already been done, and though I do understand it, at the same time I kind of don't cause I'm silly. So maybe Pinkhair can explain better!

Now you lost me. Avgust technically did the mathematics by looking up the already done mathematics? :smallconfused:

It does this: White Lotus Dueling Expertise
Prerequisite: Any arcane class
Benefit: You gain a +1 feat bonus to the attack rolls of arcane powers and basic attacks that you make with any weapon or implement with which you have proficiency. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.
You also gain proficiency with orbs, rods, staffs, or wands.

Umm, Avgust, I think you may want to know that this feat doesn't stack with Versatile Expertise...

LaZodiac
2013-04-05, 09:58 AM
Well, see, Pinkhair also (likely) did the math himself, as well as looked it up.

Also I believe the idea was that he replaced Versatile Expertise with White Lotus, but then I'm not sure, and I'm 90% sure that I ruled that feat bonuses can stack.

Teddy
2013-04-05, 10:17 AM
Also I believe the idea was that he replaced Versatile Expertise with White Lotus, but then I'm not sure, and I'm 90% sure that I ruled that feat bonuses can stack.

He didn't on his sheet, which is why I pointed it out.

Also, do you have any idea of how many feat bonuses there are to stack out there. :smallwink:

LaZodiac
2013-04-05, 10:17 AM
Yes, but I'm under the impression you guys will pick more interesting feats :smalltongue:

AsteriskAmp
2013-04-05, 10:19 AM
The quote does mention any equivalent feat allowing replacement of STR for another stat; which Intelligent Blademaster does.

Doesn't make them any less of defense feats, according to the provided definition. Also, if you pick the one for your worst defense, it'll end up better than if you just take Improved Defenses. The problem with defences is that they all degrade over time, taking one of the feats which heavily bolster one still leaves the other two as gaping holes and in sheer numbers those two will still be heavily behind the curve. While it is almost absolutely necesary to take the defense feats that raise the three (hence, a feat-tax), the focused ones are not absolutely essential (though one normally ends up taking them) to be on par with monster number growth.

Now you lost me. Avgust technically did the mathematics by looking up the already done mathematics? :smallconfused:I merely gathered what already was presented and thoroughly debated. I lack the time to properly run the numbers on all published monsters and others have already done so.

Umm, Avgust, I think you may want to know that this feat doesn't stack with Versatile Expertise...Which is why I found a replacement for it in Focused Expertise which does explicitly allow stacking of expertise feat and it. (Focused Expertise does the same as Versatile Expertise but the description mentions it being stackable.)

Improved Defences it is for Adalhard.

LaZodiac
2013-04-05, 10:21 AM
Ok, that all works out then, sweet.

Also, I made a thing for the thread but I can't share it yet. I'll post it when I can.

Teddy
2013-04-05, 10:41 AM
The quote does mention any equivalent feat allowing replacement of STR for another stat; which Intelligent Blademaster does.

Ahh, yes it does. Nevermind then.

The problem with defences is that they all degrade over time, taking one of the feats which heavily bolster one still leaves the other two as gaping holes and in sheer numbers those two will still be heavily behind the curve. While it is almost absolutely necesary to take the defense feats that raise the three (hence, a feat-tax), the focused ones are not absolutely essential (though one normally ends up taking them) to be on par with monster number growth.

I see. Not that it matters much in the Heroic tier, though.

Which is why I found a replacement for it in Focused Expertise which does explicitly allow stacking of expertise feat and it. (Focused Expertise does the same as Versatile Expertise but the description mentions it being stackable.)

Oh, I may be interested in that feat. Do you have the exact description for it?

AsteriskAmp
2013-04-05, 10:51 AM
I see. Not that it matters much in the Heroic tier, though.It still is a 5% (on enemy roll against hittign said defence) but yes, the gap becomes much more severe later when the difference between AC and NADs is of 10 points while monster targetting bonus have a difference of 2.

Oh, I may be interested in that feat. Do you have the exact description for it?It's in Dragon 375. I'll edit the textual description for it when not AFB.

Focused Expertise
Benefit: Choose a weapon that you can wield
as an implement. You gain a +1 bonus to attack
rolls with any implement or weapon power you use
through that weapon. The bonus increases to +2 at
15th level and +3 at 25th level.

On review it lacked the explicitness part I seem to mis-recall; but it's untyped so it stacks.

LaZodiac
2013-04-05, 10:58 AM
I've got you covered on that, my Pinkhaired friend.

Focused Expertise
Benefit: Choose a weapon that you can wield
as an implement. You gain a +1 bonus to attack
rolls with any implement or weapon power you use
through that weapon. The bonus increases to +2 at
15th level and +3 at 25th level.

Teddy
2013-04-05, 11:59 AM
Weren't it just such untyped bonuses they errataed out of Weapon and Implement expertise just to avoid expertise stacking?

LaZodiac
2013-04-05, 12:01 PM
Yes, and this feat is part of the Monk Playtest, and was later turned into and refined into Versatile Expertise. Maybe it's just me, but I think in this case, taking this feat would be fine. But who knows, maybe I'm being dumb XP

Teddy
2013-04-05, 12:07 PM
Yes, and this feat is part of the Monk Playtest, and was later turned into and refined into Versatile Expertise. Maybe it's just me, but I think in this case, taking this feat would be fine. But who knows, maybe I'm being dumb XP

If that's the case, it looks like a pure exploit to me...

LaZodiac
2013-04-05, 12:11 PM
Ah. Hmm...how to go about this. I should PROBABLY just make it so Pinkhair can take Versatile Expertise, but have it so that it can stack, which is something I HAD established earlier on. It'll still cause the same level of increase for Pinkhair, while still being a bit more in line with the rules.

Blue Ghost
2013-04-05, 01:22 PM
Juniper shall take Improved Defenses and Battle Cadence.

Teddy
2013-04-05, 01:58 PM
For the other feat, Elden takes Elven Precision. I will make those Elven Accuracy rerolls work. :smallwink:

MoonCat
2013-04-06, 02:33 AM
I'll work it out tomorrow, over IM. Looks interesting.

LaZodiac
2013-04-06, 02:34 AM
Welcome back Moony! *glomps*

LaZodiac
2013-04-06, 01:26 PM
With everyone having now read the letter, I can now present to you guys what I said I made.

On the first day of Lichmas, my End Boss gave to me

A purging flame that crits the paaaarty

On the second day of Lichmas, my End Boss gave to me

A two sided spearstaff

And a purging flame that crits the paaarty

On the third day of Lichmas, my End Boss gave to me

Three elf PCs

A two sided spearstaff

And a purging flame that crits the paaaarty

On the fourth day of Lichmas, my End Boss gave to me

Four letters from Lenore

Three elf PCs

A two sided spearstaff

On the fifth day of Lichmas, my End Boss gave to me

Fiiiiive thousand gooooold

Four letters from Lenore

Three elf PCs

A two sided spearstaff

On the sixth day of Lichmas, my End Boss gave to me

Six Planar Shards

Fiiiive thousand goooold

Four letters from Lenore

Three elf PCs

A two sided spearstaff

On the seventh day of Lichmas, my End Boss gave to me

Seven plans a failing

Six Planar Shards

Fiiiive thousand goooold

Four letters from Lenore

Three elf PCs

A two sided spearstaff

On the eigth day of Lichmas, my End Boss gave to me

Eight failed Insight Checks

Seven plans a failing

Six Planar Shards

Fiiiive thousand goooold

Four letters from Lenore

Three elf PCs

A two sided spearstaff

On the ninth day of Lichmas, my End Boss gave to me

Nine romantic subplots

Seven plans a failing

Six Planar Shards

Fiiiive thousand goooold

Four letters from Lenore

Three elf PCs

A two sided spearstaff

On the tenth day of Lichmas, my End Boss gave to me

Ten pages of RP

Nine romantic subplots

Seven plans a failing

Six Planar Shards

Fiiiive thousand goooold

Four letters from Lenore

Three elf PCs

A two sided spearstaff

On the eleventh day of Lichmas, my End Boss gave to me

Eleven rounds of combat

Ten pages of RP

Nine romantic subplots

Seven plans a failing

Six Planar Shards

Fiiiive thousand goooold

Four letters from Lenore

Three elf PCs

A two sided spearstaff

On the final day of Lichmas, my End Boss gave to meeeee

Twelve threads of backlog

Eleven rounds of combat

Ten pages of RP

Nine romantic subplots

Seven plans a failing

Six Planar Shards

Fiiiive thousand goooold

Four letters from Lenore

Three elf PCs

A two sided spearstaff

Teddy
2013-04-06, 06:25 PM
Actually, I think Elden has yet to crit someone with Purging Flame. And he's only hit (or rather, "miss: half"-ed) a party member with it once (which still is an amusingly high number for a single target power). :smallwink:

LaZodiac
2013-04-06, 07:34 PM
Actually, I think Elden has yet to crit someone with Purging Flame. And he's only hit (or rather, "miss: half"-ed) a party member with it once (which still is an amusingly high number for a single target power). :smallwink:

Truth be told I was going for Valindrell's insane explosion of fire, but it didn't fit the rhyme scheme.

Amidus Drexel
2013-04-07, 12:44 PM
With everyone having now read the letter, I can now present to you guys what I said I made.

On the first day of Lichmas, my End Boss gave to me

A purging flame that crits the paaaarty

On the second day of Lichmas, my End Boss gave to me

A two sided spearstaff

And a purging flame that crits the paaarty

On the third day of Lichmas, my End Boss gave to me

Three elf PCs

A two sided spearstaff

On the fourth day of Lichmas, my End Boss gave to me

Four letters from Lenore

Three elf PCs

A two sided spearstaff

On the fifth day of Lichmas, my End Boss gave to me

Fiiiiive thousand gooooold

Four letters from Lenore

Three elf PCs

A two sided spearstaff

On the sixth day of Lichmas, my End Boss gave to me

Six Planar Shards

Fiiiive thousand goooold

Four letters from Lenore

Three elf PCs

A two sided spearstaff

On the seventh day of Lichmas, my End Boss gave to me

Seven plans a failing

Six Planar Shards

Fiiiive thousand goooold

Four letters from Lenore

Three elf PCs

A two sided spearstaff

On the eigth day of Lichmas, my End Boss gave to me

Seven plans a failing

Six Planar Shards

Fiiiive thousand goooold

Four letters from Lenore

Three elf PCs

A two sided spearstaff

On the ninth day of Lichmas, my End Boss gave to me

Nine romantic subplots

Seven plans a failing

Six Planar Shards

Fiiiive thousand goooold

Four letters from Lenore

Three elf PCs

A two sided spearstaff

On the tenth day of Lichmas, my End Boss gave to me

Ten pages of RP

Nine romantic subplots

Seven plans a failing

Six Planar Shards

Fiiiive thousand goooold

Four letters from Lenore

Three elf PCs

A two sided spearstaff

On the eleventh day of Lichmas, my End Boss gave to me

Eleven rounds of combat

Ten pages of RP

Nine romantic subplots

Seven plans a failing

Six Planar Shards

Fiiiive thousand goooold

Four letters from Lenore

Three elf PCs

A two sided spearstaff

On the final day of Lichmas, my End Boss gave to meeeee

Twelve threads of backlog

Eleven rounds of combat

Ten pages of RP

Nine romantic subplots

Seven plans a failing

Six Planar Shards

Fiiiive thousand goooold

Four letters from Lenore

Three elf PCs

A two sided spearstaff

*slow clap*

Splendidly done, mademoiselle. :smallcool:

Teddy
2013-04-08, 05:02 PM
Okay, I don't want to spoil too much, because I like surprises and I like making surprises for others, but I have some great plans, and unless you've got some major objections, I suggest you lean back and enjoy the story of how Elden wrecks a party. :smallamused:

LaZodiac
2013-04-08, 05:03 PM
The Christmas kind, not the in game kind. Just clarifying :smalltongue:

absolmorph
2013-04-08, 09:30 PM
While I'm all for watching Elden wreck that party, it might be a good idea for us to at least know what we can do to help.
Y'know, so we don't ruin the plan entirely. We're kind of in the habit of doing that when we don't plan together.

LaZodiac
2013-04-08, 09:36 PM
I won't get into major details, since I do know them, but I think only Adalhard would be capable of actively interfering with what Elden plans to do. Short of you all knocking Elden out and tying him to the mast of a boat (which you shouldn't do!)

Teddy
2013-04-21, 05:59 PM
Moved here in to not clutter the IC thread:

Creatures are considered the same as obstacles for "blocking"; per the PHB page 280. It also mentions the use of parallels in the case of obstacles and creatures so it would appear that indeed it only get cover while the other gets superior cover as mentioned.

The logic is probably related to the best probable case being taken where the archer is on the left edge and the target is on the right edge; while for the other creature there is no ideal situation where such a shot would be possible.

Still doesn't make a lot of sense. I mean:
Why should this setup grant Y superior cover from E...

YC.
C..
..E
(C once again stands for a blocking Creature)

... when this doesn't?

|YW
|C|
|C|
|C|
|C|
|C|
|.|
|E|
(C for Creature, | for Wall)

AsteriskAmp
2013-04-21, 06:38 PM
Moved here in to not clutter the IC thread:

Still doesn't make a lot of sense. I mean:
Why should this setup grant Y superior cover from E...

YC.
C..
..E
(C once again stands for a blocking Creature)

... when this doesn't?

|YW
|C|
|C|
|C|
|C|
|C|
|.|
|E|
(C for Creature, | for Wall)
After further reading I believe there is no superior cover granted by "allies" (due to there being quite explicit powers; in particular for Fighters and Paladins; that mention allowing them to do so.) So both cases would be Cover; which would be consistent and at least coherent since it's a simplification of actual combat.

The question of whether allies can grant superior cover (partially related to WotC's particular way of deciding to define both terms) has been debated before. Ex1 (http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?258417-Superior-Cover-from-Allies), Ex2 (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/26141169/Can_allies_provide_superior_cover_against_ranged_a ttacks)

Teddy
2013-04-22, 03:35 AM
After further reading I believe there is no superior cover granted by "allies" (due to there being quite explicit powers; in particular for Fighters and Paladins; that mention allowing them to do so.) So both cases would be Cover; which would be consistent and at least coherent since it's a simplification of actual combat.

The question of whether allies can grant superior cover (partially related to WotC's particular way of deciding to define both terms) has been debated before. Ex1 (http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?258417-Superior-Cover-from-Allies), Ex2 (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/26141169/Can_allies_provide_superior_cover_against_ranged_a ttacks)

Yeah, that's a viable interpretation...

And those threads aren't exactly conclusive, sadly...

Surrealistik
2013-05-05, 07:22 PM
Only a creature's enemies can grant cover against its attacks via 'bodyblocking' and only vs its ranged attacks; a creature's allies can never grant cover to that creature's targets in this way.

Lines of sight and effect traced along the edge of an occupied square are not interrupted or blocked in any way (unless of course something _else_ blocks them). The set of diagrams (http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9479/losloecoverlj1.jpg) that ara displayed is incorrect in the case of both 'Out of Sight' examples; in each case the PC has both line of sight and effect to at least two corners of the monster's square.

In the case of Teddy's examples, assuming a ranged attack is being made by E against Y and C are enemies of E, in the first example Y has superior cover from E as a minimum of 3 of Y's corners are blocked by C.

In the second example, Y doesn't have superior cover because line of effect can be traced along the edge of the squares the C enemies are occupying, thus contacting 2 of Y's corners, while 2 others at a minimum are blocked for partial cover.

Yeah, it's strange and counterintuitive, but it's also the RAW (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wvJiYrRcfQo#t=9s)!

Surrealistik
2013-05-06, 09:22 AM
Just read through some prior posts and noticed earlier discussion/confusion relating to my 'feat tax' houserules. Though the Improved Defenses feat best makes up for the failure of PC defenses to keep pace/scale properly with monster attack bonuses, I chose to allow players to pick any defense boosting feat of their choice so as to permit a greater breadth of options. It's my view that the additional benefits of some of these feats, such as Superior Will, compensates in balance for the lack of defense bonuses in other defenses, and are actually preferable to a character that plans to maximize their defenses with other similar feats (e.g. Superior Reflexes etc).

For those who are interested in the supporting math/rationale, it's spoilered in this post: http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=6951500#post6951500

Further, yes, Intelligent Blademaster is an appropriate substitute for Melee Training; rule 3 was specifically worded to permit taking such feats.

LaZodiac
2013-05-06, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the clarifications Surrealistik! Always helps :smalltongue:

Surrealistik
2013-05-06, 09:35 AM
Not a prob. If there's anything you're unsure of, certainly don't be afraid to ask!

That aside, I've enjoyed much of what I've read thus far in the IC thread, though there is a _lot_ of history to catch up on there.

LaZodiac
2013-05-06, 09:38 AM
Glad you're enjoying, and yes, you've got 7 threads of backlog, I imagine that'll take awhile :smalltongue:

Surrealistik
2013-05-06, 07:32 PM
"Impressive work. Don't get too greedy with robbing this place, this stuff WAS government property before it was stolen. You can reposes from these losers, but let us have a sweep first before you pick the place clean."

Lol, kudos for the G-Man reference (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wmgEN5Crr2c#t=10s)... I think.

LaZodiac
2013-05-06, 07:38 PM
Lol, kudos for the G-Man reference (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wmgEN5Crr2c#t=10s)... I think.

Unfortunately, can't say that was intentional, haven't beat the first Half Life.

AsteriskAmp
2013-05-06, 07:46 PM
Party Inventory of Luxury Goods on Google Drive Document is now available and should be editable:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AraNeMNCWxNadHFkNFRFNmdNRXNVZFZLMEZCTlBta UE#gid=0

LaZodiac
2013-05-06, 08:49 PM
As a reminder, my lovelies, but since we leveled up, post the results of it here!

Blue Ghost
2013-05-06, 09:41 PM
Juniper shall gain a point in Charisma and Constitution, and take Melee Training for his feat, so his attacks of opportunity will be worth something.

AsteriskAmp
2013-05-06, 09:56 PM
Adalhard shall take a point in Intelligence and Constitution (YAY! for e(l)ven values). Gain 6 hp (+1 from Con) and take a refluffed arcane version of Righteous Rage of Tempus (DM approved) to eliminate numerical uncertainties at least once per encounter.

LaZodiac
2013-05-13, 12:33 PM
Hey, added the houserules to the opening post of the OOC. Take a look at em!

Also don't forget to post!

Surrealistik
2013-05-15, 09:44 AM
and thus we wait for Teddy to finish building his sweat ass train :smallamused:

Buh?

to finish building his sweat ass train :smallamused:

his sweat ass train :smallamused:

:eek:

LaZodiac
2013-05-15, 09:45 AM
No no no, his sweet-ass train, not his sweat ass-train :smallamused: