PDA

View Full Version : [4e] RB OOC Thread 2 (all welcome to post)

Pages : [1] 2 3

LaZodiac
2012-07-29, 01:04 AM
Hello their, here is the second OOC thread for our campaign! Hope you enjoy, and here are the characters!

(and also the first thread): http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198088

Mooncat, playing as Bast Halfcresent, a female Razorclaw Shifter Scout. Icon (http://imageshack.us/a/img577/3832/bastav.png)

Blueghost, playing as Juniper Xander, a male Half-Elf Bardic Paladin. Icon (http://imageshack.us/a/img803/2707/juniperav.png)

Absolmorph, playing as Teodor, a male Genasi Warlord. Icon (http://imageshack.us/a/img547/9805/teodorav.png)

Ranger Mattos, playing as Carric Theolon, a male Elf Fighter. Icon (http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/6946/carric21zpsb422f4ce.png)

Teddy, playing as Elden, a male Elf Invoker. Icon (http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6223/elden.png)

Pink Hair August, playing as Adalhard Nikolayevich Abezgauz, a male Eladrin Swordmage. Icon (http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee492/araveugnitsuga1/Adalhard/MythWeaverdalhardfw_zps17c67faf.png)

Character Sheets: Bast (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=293253)

Teodor (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=293518)

Carric (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=10717)

Juniper (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=293941)

Elden (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=293623)

Adalhard (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=331955), Page 2 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=520116)

The current state of affairs is with our party beating up a (fake) drow fortune teller. Hooray!
===================

House Rule List: Using Surrealistik's house rules in regards to the free feats, and ritual rules, though with a few changes. You can use a surge to replace the component cost on any ritual, not limited to half your level as in the before mentioned base rules, and if you're out of surges you can lose hp equal to your surge value in it's place.

You can also used surges to increase the knowledge check needed by 5, but there is a three surge limit. There are also some "by the case" things that you'd need to ask me about (for instance, Phantom Steed gets easier if you summon less horses). This is essentially blood magic.

Another thing, difficult does not increase as you level up. Beating down a locked wooden door will always be the same check. If a door is wooden and locked at level 1 and it has, say, 20 DC to break it down, the identical door will still have 20 DC to break down at level 30.

Concerning multiclassing, it's instead more like hybridizing. When you pick up a multiclass feat, which must be obtained through plot methods (no just suddenly gaining berserker powers) you can pick from any abilities of the correct level from your multiclassed class. However, you must have your primary class's abilities as the majority. Additionally, since different multiclass feats do different things (some give you atwills as encounters, some just give stat training) what your feat actually DOES is a case by case basis. As you get stronger you'll also gain more benefits from the multiclass, again as a case by case basis (using an example, at Paragon tier Juniper will be able to minor action sanction a guy at will instead of encounter).

Teddy
2012-07-29, 02:48 PM
Just to make sure, those two attacks with the monstrous attack bonuses and damage rolls was his basic attack, right? And you did account for the -3 penalty, right? I just want to make sure, because those were some terribly powerful strikes, and I need to be able to assess our enemy. Right now, he's right up there with Valindrell, and that seems a bit too over-powered for something that isn't supposed to kill us nigh instantly.

LaZodiac
2012-07-29, 02:50 PM
What he did is a basic attack, yes, and I did factor in the -2 from Adalhard's mark. I'm not sure why it'd be a -3.

The good news is that he can't do what he did ALL the time. Minor spoilers, but since he's a Psionic powered character, he's got Power Points, so this is just an upgraded version of his basic melee. It keeps the basic melee indicator :smallwink:

Teddy
2012-07-29, 03:58 PM
That... that seems more like an oversight (allowing the spending of power points) in Symbol of the Broken Sword than anything else, given that power points are the psionics' substitution for encounter powers, which don't tend to be basic attacks. Oh well, do with it as you wish, I don't really feel any need to complain about it.

Also, the -3 came from SotBS as well. Seeing as you didn't account for it, I'll undo the damage from Zenith's second attack against Elden, as it wouldn't hit.

LaZodiac
2012-07-29, 03:59 PM
Lucky. I had completely forgotten it did that. Teodor still heals you.

MoonCat
2012-07-31, 02:19 AM
Should you switch the icons for those of us who switched to the art of August's?

Also, August, could you repost those? I think it may be useful to have them on the new thread just so we can find them easily.

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-31, 02:43 AM
Also, August, could you repost those? I think it may be useful to have them on the new thread just so we can find them easily.
I never posted the icons, just the big versions and the avatar sized ones.

Here they are at non-functional size.

{table]http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee492/araveugnitsuga1/Adalhard/MiniAdalhard.png|http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee492/araveugnitsuga1/Adalhard/MiniBast.png
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee492/araveugnitsuga1/Adalhard/MiniCarric.png|http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee492/araveugnitsuga1/Adalhard/MiniElden.png
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee492/araveugnitsuga1/Adalhard/MiniJuniper.png|http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee492/araveugnitsuga1/Adalhard/MiniTeo.png[/table]

I'm also going away for 15 days from tomorrow, I probably won't get to Backlash anyone but the party does get stuck with another mute.
Leaving everything in more capable hands then mine though.

LaZodiac
2012-07-31, 10:00 AM
Somehow this does not mean me :smallamused::smalltongue:

Teddy
2012-07-31, 03:07 PM
:smalltongue:

Have a nice holiday, Avgust! I'll handle my responsibilities at the best of my ability.

MoonCat
2012-08-02, 02:11 AM
Waitaminute. The voice of Elden is now controlling Adalhard too?

There will be fireworks.

Teddy, please develop schizophrenia. For your own sake.

And my entertainment.

Teddy
2012-08-02, 03:54 AM
Yeah, I was thinking about that too. Sadly, Avgust muted Adalhard the last thing he did (those marks on Adalhard's face does it for some IC reason that he never explained), so no lenghty arguments with myself. It's probably for the best anyway. :smallwink:

Speaking of nothing, where did LaLa go? :smallconfused:

LaZodiac
2012-08-02, 08:42 AM
Lala went into "I forgot to check the thread" mode :smallredface:

MoonCat
2012-08-02, 01:26 PM
I feel your pain LaLa. And then laugh t it anyway.

LaZodiac
2012-08-02, 01:27 PM
Hahaha, glad you enjoy it :smalltongue:

Blue Ghost
2012-08-02, 08:17 PM
Well! Levelup time!

For his level 6 feat, Juniper relearns Improved Initiative, though it will only last until he finishes training with the mini-succubus.

For his utility power, Revitalizing Incantation! 1/round minor action, target spends a healing surge, and also gains temporary HP equal to their healing surge value. More healing yay!

And Juniper retrains Versatile Expertise to Battle Song Expertise. This will come in handy eventually.

MoonCat
2012-08-03, 02:16 AM
Rightio, Bastio has levelo...ed?

Power, an immediate interrupt power that lets any ally of mine within ten squares who has missed an AC-based attack try again with it being based against reflexes.

Feat, one that turns my combat advantage into +3. It is getting harder for people to avoid me now. ^.^

LaZodiac
2012-08-03, 02:20 AM
Also, since I have to be in control of Teodor, I've done his powers as well!

For now he gets the daily power Invigorating Shout, daily range of 5, heals someone for their healing surge value and recovers one of their healing surges back. Quite usefull.

Then we get Lend Strength, giving an additional +2 bonus to damage when he's adjacent to a target he's asking someone (mainly Bast) to hit.

Also, Carric will be back Monday, so yay leveling up for him when he gets back :smalltongue:

Additionaly, since Pinkhair has a super huge complex path going for his level up, I've not idea what I'm going to do with him if we get into a combat before he's back. I doubt we will though. Unless you guys intentionally piss off someone :smallamused:

MoonCat
2012-08-03, 02:56 AM
Too tired to do roleplay, so I'll check out look tomorrow, but in all likelihood, there'll be a fight if Bast continues in her foul mood.

<coughsuccubuscough>

Teddy
2012-08-03, 05:00 AM
Leyden (the succubus) should be gone by now, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway...
For 6th level feat, Elden has gained Power of the Sun, which grants him a +2 feat bonus to Insight and gives any enemies hit by his Sun Strike vulnerability 3 radiant. (I would have been interested in Power of Hope as well, hadn't practically every single domain feat been tied to Avenging Light. :smallannoyed: That said, I certainly can find good use for this one. :smallwink:)

For his 6th level power, Elden has learned Astral Step, which is a daily power that takes a move action and allows him to teleport himself and all allies within 5 squares of him 3+Int (6, right now) squares, turning the battlefield even further into a game of divine chess to Elden. :smallwink:

Also, his max HP rises to a stunning 44.

I have no idea of what to do with Adalhard either. Avgust never gave me any instructions on the matter, and since I don't have the right book, I can't even tell what his new max HP becomes (probably 63). The skills won't be any problems, however.

AsteriskAmp
2012-08-03, 05:44 PM
Additionaly, since Pinkhair has a super huge complex path going for his level up, I've not idea what I'm going to do with him if we get into a combat before he's back. I doubt we will though. Unless you guys intentionally piss off someone :smallamused:
Just let Adalhard stay a level 5 character, I think I've built him well enough so that a level gap isn't too much of a hinderance on his combat capabities.

I'll level him up as soon as I reach my home and wake up from passing out due to a number of things.

Now I go back to doing tourist and general touristic stuff. See ya!

Ranger Mattos
2012-08-04, 09:39 AM
For Carric's new utility power, I picked up Battle Awareness, a daily power which gives +10 on initiative. I think it shall be quite useful.

For my new feat, I selected Superior Reflexes, which gives me +2 to Reflex defense. I also get combat advantage against everyone during my first turn. Handy.

Teddy
2012-08-04, 05:53 PM
For my new feat, I selected Superior Reflexes, which gives me +2 to Reflex defense. I also get combat advantage against everyone during my first turn. Handy.

It is indeed. Welcome to the club. :smallwink:

AsteriskAmp
2012-08-05, 10:11 PM
Waitaminute. The voice of Elden is now controlling Adalhard too?

There will be fireworks.

Teddy, please develop schizophrenia. For your own sake.

And my entertainment.
Yah. I've relinquished Adalhard until the 16 when I come back from the States.

And I think it wouldn't be schizophrenia so much as disociative identity disorder seeing as the voices on his head ARE there.

Have a nice holiday, Avgust! I'll handle my responsibilities at the best of my ability.
Thanks, and i trust you'll do, hence me leaving them to you.

You overstate my little frost shenanigans. I'll be taking either Winter's Touch [From LaZ Refluffing Repository of Ripostes] (+2 to cold damage) or Winterkin Heritage (Adalhard can teleport and get partial concealment if hit, and has a permanent 5+half level (?) cold resistance), in both cases it is not so much a "if" but a "when" for each one. For the power I get I'll be using my theme's power selection and get myself "Shield" (the wizard's level 2 encounter/daily (?) power) {by paragon I plan to retrain it to the swordmage stance that prevents enemy teleportation, because by then it is actually worth, meanwhile, cranking my AC is so much better}. And I think I wanted to retrain something but I need to get to my PC to remember what.

Sorry for imprecisions, doing everything from the top of my head from a hotel computer while in Boston.

LaZodiac
2012-08-05, 10:50 PM
Winterkin Heritage is 5+half level, yes. And Shield is an encounter :smalltongue:

MoonCat
2012-08-06, 02:13 AM
August, you'e in the States!?! Holy crap!

Any chance you can make it to the West Coast from Boston in ten days? :smallfrown::smalltongue:

You could totally couch crash over here...

AsteriskAmp
2012-08-06, 09:51 AM
August, you'e in the States!?! Holy crap!

Any chance you can make it to the West Coast from Boston in ten days? :smallfrown::smalltongue:

You could totally couch crash over here...
Well, after Albany I go to Washington... the other one though.

So if I managed to free myself from my family while they go to Virginia I could catch trains until I was at the opposite end of the continent. At that point I could spare some days in non DC Washington and then set north until Edmonton, take a ferry to Yellowknife and return by plane to my home by the 19th. Unlikely though, because parents would probably notice my absence and just deny the funds for my voyage and I'd end up in the literal middle of the States by myself (which could be fun though).

Teddy
2012-08-09, 05:05 AM
And Elden was like "Hey, guys, look, something cool!" and everyone else was like *chirp chirp chirp chirp*. :smallwink:

LaZodiac
2012-08-09, 08:48 AM
I knoooow XP

MoonCat
2012-08-09, 11:47 AM
Don't blame me, I've only been online when I'm not wandering all over Vancouver B.C, or passed out from exhaustion because I just wandered all over Vancouver B.C.

And I don't even know how to get Bast to respond to Elden right now. She's furious with him, remember.

Teddy
2012-08-09, 04:23 PM
I remember (although she could at least say something about the statue, unless she passively-agressively ignores everything Elden says, which is fine. Elden doesn't care much either way, or at least not enough to make an idiot of himself again :smallwink:). And I can't have Adalhard respond especially proactively either, because he's mute, and say whatever you like, I'm not up to playing the pantomime of "Adalhard agrees with Elden" or "Adalhard opposes Elden but agrees anyway because he's a greedy bastard*", no matter how hilarious it would turn out to be. In fact, the only one who I really expected any response from is Juniper (although Carric made it close to the list).

*Okay, "resource conscious" is probably a more accurate term, but it's pretty much true that Adalhard's the most stereotypical adventurer on the team when it comes to securing wealth, and Avgust's orders to me were pretty much "Take everything of value". A bit more specific, but that was the spirit of it. :smallwink:

MoonCat
2012-08-10, 02:20 AM
Wait, we're supposed to frame the Cult of Caissa? What for? When did Felix arrange this? Are we the baddies?

Teddy
2012-08-10, 04:40 AM
This is kind of where this current quest begins:

"Commander Theolon needs someone taken care of. A turn coat, if you will. We need people to find out where his hideout is, and take him and his hideout out. Preferably in a...showy manner. We can't hunt for his location ourselves because he knows us, and we can't get rid of him ourselves because...Commander Theolon wants to pin the blame on a rival faction. Have our traitor die a martyr, rile the troops up. If you can do this for us, it'll give Commander Theolon more time to take out a key location for the Cult of Caissa, thus freeing up some time to meet with you all."

As I see it, the only thing that doesn't make us the bad guys right now is that the Caissans are worse. :smallwink:

LaZodiac
2012-08-10, 09:14 AM
Well, it all depends on wheter or not you even consider Draugen to BE bad. They're clearly trying to clean up the city, even if their methods involving turning the commen people againest their enemies is not lawfull.

MoonCat
2012-08-10, 10:55 AM
Can someone explain what that quote means? I've read it twice and I makes no sense...

LaZodiac
2012-08-10, 11:19 AM
Can someone explain what that quote means? I've read it twice and I makes no sense...

Zenith was a good guy!

Zenith betrayed good guys!

Good guys want to make it look like the bad guys killed Zenith to make the civilians like the good guys more, concealing the fact that Zenith was a bad guy!

MoonCat
2012-08-10, 11:50 AM
Ah. So we are the baddies. Got it.

LaZodiac
2012-08-10, 12:12 PM
Well, depends on if you think the above is bad or not. You're helping people who ARE doing things to help the city, after all.

Teddy
2012-08-10, 04:43 PM
Well, the only really bad thing we do (in my eyes) is trying to frame someone innocient for murder. Now, since that someone is an organisation that definitely isn't innocient in any regard other than this, and since we don't actually leave anything pointing directly at the Caissans, neither I nor Elden actually thinks it could be considered a bad thing, really.

Teddy
2012-08-20, 02:25 PM
Mattos, I've noticed that you haven't updated your sheet with Carric's latest feat. I just thought it might be good to point out now that we've stumbled straight into combat...

LaZodiac
2012-08-20, 02:47 PM
Yha, miiiight be a good idea there, especially because you'll be going first this encounter, it seems :smallamused:

Which reminds me. How you guys like the big ole surprise daisy?

Ranger Mattos
2012-08-20, 04:07 PM
Mattos, I've noticed that you haven't updated your sheet with Carric's latest feat. I just thought it might be good to point out now that we've stumbled straight into combat...

Weird. I could have sworn that I saved that, but I guess not. Fixed.

LaZodiac
2012-08-21, 03:29 AM
I shall inform you!

The main stalls are impassable unless climbed on or destroyed, and are located on the extreme left and right of the map. They are see throughable, however, and thus would only give partial concealment if you hide behind or in one.

The stall north of the fountain is blocking terrain at 6J and 6K only, with 7J and 7K being only difficult terrain that need an athletics or acrobatics to climb safely onto. Same as above in regards to concealment.

The two benches are difficult terrain and that's it, and the benches only count for 9I, 10I, 9M, and 10M.

The fountain and statue is all blocking terrain, but can be climbed if you so choose. It too is partial concealment only.

The cart at 12J, 12K, 13J, 13K, is difficult terrain and must be climbed ontop of to be, you know, gotten ontop of, but otherwise has no effect.

MoonCat
2012-08-21, 02:47 PM
LaLa, that is just way too complicated. Next map, can we go back to having a plain background, at least for the ground, like in the beginning? The beautiful character art is great, but the maps are getting increasingly harder to read.

LaZodiac
2012-08-21, 02:48 PM
LaLa, that is just way too complicated. Next map, can we go back to having a plain background, at least for the ground, like in the beginning? The beautiful character art is great, but the maps are getting increasingly harder to read.

Ok. Sorry for the problem guys :smallredface:

MoonCat
2012-08-26, 05:10 PM
Teddy. At the next possible moment, you need to have Elden turn Adalhard into a tree. THis is required.

Mutant Sheep
2012-08-31, 01:20 PM
Did... did Mattos just attack a dead clump of leaves?:smalltongue:

LaZodiac
2012-08-31, 01:21 PM
No, he attacked a dead person who was taken over by flowers. Also, go read through all my threads! Only then will you understand what is happening :smallamused:

Ranger Mattos
2012-08-31, 02:03 PM
Did... did Mattos just attack a dead clump of leaves?:smalltongue:

I kicked him while he was down.

LaZodiac
2012-08-31, 02:07 PM
I kicked him while he was down.

And then you bloodied my drake in what was essentialy one shot. OW. Told you Carric was efficient.

MoonCat
2012-09-01, 02:47 AM
AUGH PERSON FROM RB HERE

Everyone! Clean up our thread, it's not fit for company!

Cobra_Ikari
2012-09-01, 10:31 AM
AUGH PERSON FROM RB HERE

Everyone! Clean up our thread, it's not fit for company!

Hey! I've been here this whole time, how come you didn't feel the need to clean up for me? D=

LaZodiac
2012-09-01, 10:33 AM
Well that's because you've never posted Cobra :smallamused:

MoonCat
2012-09-01, 10:59 AM
AND I didn't know you were there until LaLa was like "Oh, yeah, someone's been watching us play this whole time. They want to hug you."

Teddy
2012-09-01, 04:05 PM
This feels appropriate to the situation we're currently in for some reason... :smallwink:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0ymqeASCO1r8se0eo1_500.jpg

LaZodiac
2012-09-01, 05:51 PM
That's...actually REALLY appropriate, yha.

Cobra_Ikari
2012-09-01, 10:00 PM
AND I didn't know you were there until LaLa was like "Oh, yeah, someone's been watching us play this whole time. They want to hug you."

You make that sound so weird. :smalltongue:

I should have just posted in here instead of telling her, then I wouldn't sound like some sort of...stalky hugfiend. :smalltongue:

MoonCat
2012-09-02, 09:19 PM
You make that sound so weird. :smalltongue:

I should have just posted in here instead of telling her, then I wouldn't sound like some sort of...stalky hugfiend. :smalltongue:

Stalky Hugfiend. That sounds like the kind of thing Bast could take down in one hit.

AsteriskAmp
2012-09-02, 09:27 PM
Stalky Hugfiend. That sounds like the kind of thing Bast could take down in one hit.
The fiend descriptor however suggests DR/Radiant and the stalking template could give it a bonus to AC, making it unlikely for you to get the second hit in, meaning it could actually be a considerable struggle.

Cobra_Ikari
2012-09-02, 09:32 PM

...are you saying you're planning on cutting me down? D=

Yes, yes, we're all jealous of Bast's insane damages. I tried outdamaging you, but my best average was still 2 below yours. *grumbles about OP slashyrangers* :smallamused:

Blue Ghost
2012-09-02, 10:23 PM
The fiend descriptor however suggests DR/Radiant and the stalking template could give it a bonus to AC, making it unlikely for you to get the second hit in, meaning it could actually be a considerable struggle.

There's no DR in 4th edition...

*hugs the stalky hugfiend*

LaZodiac
2012-09-02, 10:24 PM
There is damage resistence, it's just called resistance.

AsteriskAmp
2012-09-02, 10:27 PM
There's no DR in 4th edition...

*hugs the stalky hugfiend*
Nerftarious!

LaZodiac
2012-09-02, 10:32 PM
Again I say, there is damage reduction. It's just called resistence.

LaZodiac
2012-09-02, 10:58 PM
Ok so, guys, I was thinking. Absolmorph has been gone for nearly four months, so I was thinking of replacing him.

How do you think we should go about this? I have a plan in mind, as does Moonie, but she suggested I post here and check with the party to see how they all feel about this.

Blue Ghost
2012-09-02, 10:59 PM
Well, there needs to be an opportune time for Teodor to leave the party. Preferably in a way such that he can rejoin if necessary. I'm sure Zodi can find a way for that to happen.

AsteriskAmp
2012-09-02, 11:00 PM
Again I say, there is damage reduction. It's just called resistence.
Resistance is the inverse mechanic to DR. You had DR/Something, you took reduced damage from everything EXCEPT that something, this means untyped damage would always get reduced by DR. Resistance is at the inverse, you take less damage from whatever you are resistant to, this also means untyped damage is never reduced by resistance.

Well, there needs to be an opportune time for Teodor to leave the party. Preferably in a way such that he can rejoin if necessary. I'm sure Zodi can find a way for that to happen.
Agreed.

MoonCat
2012-09-02, 11:06 PM
If we do, I would like there to be a way for absolmorph to come back. He did get occupied before for over a month last year too.

Secondly, if we do, then there will be the issue of what will happen with Bast.

Personally, I am willing to go either way with the putting aside of the character for an undetermined length of time. I will be more invested in this after we make this first decision.

Also, if absol rejoins, assuming we put aside Teodor for now, will he create a new character or bring back Teodor?

LaZodiac
2012-09-02, 11:10 PM
EDIT for clarification of what the heck I said here originaly: Basically, my idea is that Teodor will always be important to the plot, he'll just be somewhere else, a place you guys will likely go to.

He will also always have the ability to come back as Teodor.

Teddy
2012-09-03, 04:22 AM
Sounds good. I'm going to miss the Bast-Teodor interactions, though. Bast seems like the type of person who desperately needs the few persons she manage to bond to in order to not go stark raving mad. :smallwink:

Resistance is the inverse mechanic to DR. You had DR/Something, you took reduced damage from everything EXCEPT that something, this means untyped damage would always get reduced by DR. Resistance is at the inverse, you take less damage from whatever you are resistant to, this also means untyped damage is never reduced by resistance.

Unless it's just "resist X", in which case all damage types are resisted, including untyped damage.

LaZodiac
2012-09-03, 07:41 AM
That's also a problem, since we also need to think of a way for Teodor to leave without Bast leaving as well, since they're so tied to eachother. I do have an idea for that, I just need to discuss it with Moonie.

MoonCat
2012-09-03, 10:28 AM
I'm not talking about that until we have confirmed or denied the first part of the morion. Point blank.

LaZodiac
2012-09-03, 10:33 AM
Ok, so what is it we specificly need to figure out?

MoonCat
2012-09-03, 11:11 AM
Have we all agreed that Teodor is to be put aside, first?

LaZodiac
2012-09-03, 11:15 AM
Other then Mattos, yes.

Teddy
2012-09-03, 11:19 AM
No one has voiced any opposition, and although Mattos yet has to express any opinion, I think we can conclude that there aren't many alternatives.

MoonCat
2012-09-03, 12:07 PM
Okay. So I have a question, what is the exact plan of LaLa's, so that we may know our default method of doing this?

LaZodiac
2012-09-03, 12:12 PM
My basic plan is that, after you've all finished the Shadowfell, Teodor will receive a message where you come out from the Shadowfell, and it will have such important information, he'll have to leave. I'm not going to spoil the specifics, but rest assured that it IS important enough for him to go.

MoonCat
2012-09-03, 12:25 PM
Now, you mentioned that would be something involving character development. I personally think it would be really unwise to have a character development thing happen when the character player is not there.

LaZodiac
2012-09-03, 12:26 PM
Well, I don't mean development in that "his character changes" but that "a plot event that I have planned out will happen"

MoonCat
2012-09-03, 05:42 PM
I am concerned what will happen to Bast. I don't really want to start a new character at this point in the game...

LaZodiac
2012-09-03, 07:24 PM
I do think Teodor would be able to convince Bast to stay with the party, I just don't know the exact words to say that would do it.

LaZodiac
2012-09-03, 09:51 PM
Not to be crude with my double posting, but I also will note that right now, the only thing I really need to do is talk with Moonie about what Teodor CAN say to Bast that would get her to stay with you guys.

So, Moonie, give me some examples of what Teodor could say, since you know Bast the most.

MoonCat
2012-09-03, 09:57 PM
Hmm. In order to play her realistically, Bast might be more... weird after being 'abandoned' (in her mind) by Teodor. Would you guys mind if I do that?

I had a different idea, which would take Bast out of the picture as well, which would be my suggestion if y'all don't want to deal with Bast being angrier, possible abandonment issues, continuing to talk about Teodor for a while, and possible resentment to any replacement characters there may be. Oh, and the fact that if Teodor doesn't come back, I am not sure how Bast will respond.

Just so you know the facts.

EDIT: I'm not sure what you mean by that LaLa. The only thing you need? Becuase I still see that we have a lot mor eto tihnk aobut than just whethe ror not we should put Teo aside.

LaZodiac
2012-09-03, 10:30 PM
Sorry, I'll explain.

I've thought up a way that would allow for Teodor to leave. It is something that, looking at his character, I know he'd leave because of it. Everyone does approve of this, so now we just need to figure out how to deal with Bast, if I understand the situation.

What I'm thinking is that, in order to keep Bast with the party, Teodor will tell her that the party needs her. I don't know how to word this in a way that'll work for Bast, I really don't, but I do think it would work.

I'm sorry about ruining the game guys.

MoonCat
2012-09-03, 11:18 PM
LaLa, stop apologizing for **** that ain't even a problem. Or isn't even your fault. Seriously, you're turning into me!

<HUGS>

LaZodiac
2012-09-03, 11:19 PM
LaLa, stop apologizing for **** that ain't even a problem. Or isn't even your fault. Seriously, you're turning into me!

<HUGS>

Hehe, ok, ok Moonie :smalltongue: *hugs*

MoonCat
2012-09-05, 05:27 PM
Scaaaarrrrff!

LaZodiac
2012-09-05, 05:28 PM
While you're editing your sheet, don't forget to put Nimble Blade under Feats, we forgot to do that XP

MoonCat
2012-09-05, 07:31 PM
What's the description of Nimble Blade again?

LaZodiac
2012-09-05, 07:32 PM
When you have combat advantage while using a light blade you gain +1 to the attack.

Essentialy it makes it so that you have +3 instead of +2 for combat advantage.

MoonCat
2012-09-05, 10:11 PM
Added. Also, Bast is so faux-pasing right now. Heh. I guess it's my fault for forgetting the circumstances of the fight entirely and only remembering the Shadowfell influences.

LaZodiac
2012-09-05, 10:12 PM
Added. Also, Bast is so faux-pasing right now. Heh. I guess it's my fault for forgetting the circumstances of the fight entirely and only remembering the Shadowfell influences.

It makes sense to me. Bast is rushing off into battle, she can feel the surge of power from her scarfbelt, its giving her the giggles.

Ranger Mattos
2012-09-06, 03:51 PM
I finally got my laptop back from the shop :smallbiggrin:

And I'm perfectly fine with Teodor leaving.

LaZodiac
2012-09-08, 11:20 AM
Sorry about the lack of a map guys. I'm been dealing with some stuff, I'll get it to you guys as soon as possible :smallredface:

MoonCat
2012-09-09, 02:05 PM
Dragon dragon, draGON! Dragon, dragon, draGON! LIMBOOOooo...oh.

AsteriskAmp
2012-09-09, 03:13 PM
Not-a-dragon actually. A PSEUDO-dragon.

MoonCat
2012-09-09, 06:57 PM
Doesn't match the beat, sadly. Also, less AWESOME SOUNDING. Me gusta. So many aweosme things today. I'll be posting awesome pics soon, BTW.

LaZodiac
2012-09-09, 06:57 PM
Post em somewhere we can see :smallamused:

MoonCat
2012-09-09, 07:41 PM
Did. :smallamused:

Cobra_Ikari
2012-09-09, 07:54 PM
Did. :smallamused:

And in doing so, totally gave up your deniability of being supercute. =3

Now get your ragefaces on! :smalltongue:

MoonCat
2012-09-09, 07:59 PM
And in doing so, totally gave up your deniability of being supercute. =3

Now get your ragefaces on! :smalltongue:

I am not cute! I don't look anything like Teddy!

Blue Ghost
2012-09-09, 09:16 PM
August, would you kindly explain your OOC reason for having Adalhard suddenly viciously betraying the party like this? This stuff has potential to seriously harm the game, y'know.

MoonCat
2012-09-09, 09:33 PM
Because it's awesome, dramatic, and it fits his character, IMO.

However... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEbE3fGfF-o)

Cobra_Ikari
2012-09-09, 09:57 PM
Because it's awesome, dramatic, and it fits his character, IMO.

However... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEbE3fGfF-o)

<3 for linking something from Mercs 2. =3

MoonCat
2012-09-09, 10:06 PM
<bows> Won'tmentoinIonlyknowitfromaHetaliaAMVwontmentionI onlyknowitfromaHetaliaAMVDAMMIT!

LaZodiac
2012-09-09, 10:14 PM
Agreed completly, I love that song.

MoonCat
2012-09-09, 10:19 PM
I do too. I just have no idea what it's from or about.

Teddy
2012-09-10, 08:27 AM
I am not cute! I don't look anything like Teddy!

So, I'm the meassuring scale of cuteness now?

Also, your estimation of your own cuteness isn't true either. I'd say that you're pretty cute (and just pretty) in all pictures except the ones where you look like you intend to murder us all in our sleep. Those pictures... creep me out... a bit... :smalleek:

LaZodiac
2012-09-10, 08:29 AM

Also, your estimation of your own cuteness isn't true either. I'd say that you're pretty cute (and just pretty) in all pictures except the ones where you look like you intend to murder us all in our sleep. Those pictures... creep me out... a bit... :smalleek:

Apparently!

I actually find those pictures sort of badass, mostly because I used to wear my coat the same way.

Also, I'd kind of like to apologize for the absolute cluster that happened last night. It's...pretty crazy what all happened.

MoonCat
2012-09-10, 09:10 AM

Yes. And ever since your latest post on the IC thread, sexy badassness as well. Seriously. THAT WAS EVEN ****ING COOLER THAN ADALHARD TURNING ON US!

Thank you. :smallredface: And those two with the collar up are my mother's favorites of all the twenty three she took yesterday. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Apparently!

I actually find those pictures sort of badass, mostly because I used to wear my coat the same way.

Also, I'd kind of like to apologize for the absolute cluster that happened last night. It's...pretty crazy what all happened.

Yes.

When I hid from the world in my clothing I liked to just stick my head inside of the ponchos that my mother knitted for me, turtle-style.

IT'S AWESOME

Teddy
2012-09-10, 02:04 PM
Yes. And ever since your latest post on the IC thread, sexy badassness as well. Seriously. THAT WAS EVEN ****ING COOLER THAN ADALHARD TURNING ON US!

It was? Thanks... :smallredface:

And wow, Elden is definitely going to have a few choice words for Adalhard once this is over (something about being a total hypocrite). Oh, and I'll have to prepare something for Juniper and Teodor as well, it seems. Seriously, the only reason to why he doesn't just run off right away to face the Doom Daisy on his own is that he doesn't want to leave Bast and Carric at the mercy of the monsters.

LaZodiac
2012-09-10, 02:06 PM
Better prepare for Bast too, because she's...probably going to take a bite out of Adalhard herself, truth be told. And agreed with Moonie, Elden teleporting everyone like a boss was fantastic.

Also, I'm not SURE if I can elaborate or not on it yet, but Pinkhair may be leaving the game. Which does mean Teodor will get to stay, I'll note.

Teddy
2012-09-10, 02:32 PM
Elden isn't going to start chastising Bast just yet. He still feels guilty toward her, and Adalhard should have known better than to trigger her now (see "hypocrite").

Also, I love how Adalhard keeps being wrong about Elden's willingness to kill everyone disagreeing with him. Even though he's threatened to use harm a few times, he's only ever raised his hand toward a fellow party member once. At this pace, he's going to be the second to most peaceful party member after Carric really soon. The ironic part is that that position is currently held by Bast (even though she tried to swipe at Elden with her fist once).

Cobra_Ikari
2012-09-10, 05:26 PM
...wow. Twincritting. Note to self: never get between a lady and her pet pseudodragon. ._.

MoonCat
2012-09-10, 05:28 PM
It was? Thanks... :smallredface:

And wow, Elden is definitely going to have a few choice words for Adalhard once this is over (something about being a total hypocrite). Oh, and I'll have to prepare something for Juniper and Teodor as well, it seems. Seriously, the only reason to why he doesn't just run off right away to face the Doom Daisy on his own is that he doesn't want to leave Bast and Carric at the mercy of the monsters.

YES GOD YES YES IT WAS AWEOSME

EVERYONE NEEDS TO STAY AWAKE AT THE SAME TIME SO WE CAN ALL ROLEPLAY I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT I'M DYING

Better prepare for Bast too, because she's...probably going to take a bite out of Adalhard herself, truth be told. And agreed with Moonie, Elden teleporting everyone like a boss was fantastic.

Also, I'm not SURE if I can elaborate or not on it yet, but Pinkhair may be leaving the game. Which does mean Teodor will get to stay, I'll note.

She started it, one could say. LIKE A BAHS

Wait, what? How would Teo stay if August leaves? (:smallfrown:)

Elden isn't going to start chastising Bast just yet. He still feels guilty toward her, and Adalhard should have known better than to trigger her now (see "hypocrite").

Also, I love how Adalhard keeps being wrong about Elden's willingness to kill everyone disagreeing with him. Even though he's threatened to use harm a few times, he's only ever raised his hand toward a fellow party member once. At this pace, he's going to be the second to most peaceful party member after Carric really soon. The ironic part is that that position is currently held by Bast (even though she tried to swipe at Elden with her fist once).

So much OOC time passes I totally forget how quickly this is all happening.

Bast holds what position? Second-most peaceful? So far, she's attacked both Adlahard and Elden. What have the others done that is more warlike?

Also, did you guys jsut see me rolls two twenties in a row? **** YES MOTHA****A

LaZodiac
2012-09-10, 05:31 PM
Basically, Pinkhair was thinking of leaving, so I had Cobra come in to replace him. However, Pinkhair stayed, so I decided it would be Teodor. However, since Pinkhair might leave again, I think it's ok (if you wish, Moonie) for Teodor to stay.

Also, Moonie, I just want you to know something. If you use Power Strike, that's it. You've 100%, completely killed Adalhard. His hp will be at negative bloodied, which is outright death. Dont' feel bad about this, because this is literally the most astounding thing I've ever done seen.

AsteriskAmp
2012-09-10, 05:35 PM
Basically, Pinkhair was thinking of leaving, so I had Cobra come in to replace him. However, Pinkhair stayed, so I decided it would be Teodor. However, since Pinkhair might leave again, I think it's ok (if you wish, Moonie) for Teodor to stay.

Also, Moonie, I just want you to know something. If you use Power Strike, that's it. You've 100%, completely killed Adalhard. His hp will be at negative bloodied, which is outright death. Dont' feel bad about this, because this is literally the most astounding thing I've ever done seen.
I have holy duties to attend which I shall not leave until my death.

Both things dealt about are unrelated, at the very least I have no plans of leaving the campaign contrary to my other sided decision.
Never thought I could ever quote a national hero aywhere but from history lessons.

And no, unless it adds to both attacks Adalhard wouldn't die.

LaZodiac
2012-09-10, 05:36 PM
Oh ok. Good thing I have plans.

Also, Pinkhair, she gets a +5 to damage on both of those rolls. This puts her total, before crit bonus, at 46. You have 25 health. This brings you to negative 21. 10 more damage and you actually legit die. Power Strike is maximized on a crit. If she uses it, Adalhard actually completely dies.

GOOD LORD
2012-09-10, 05:43 PM
Iz dat two crits in a row and then a maxed roll?

GEE GEEEEE

MoonCat
2012-09-10, 05:44 PM

Hang on, you were moving Teodor specifically for the purpose of lettign cobra in? I tohught it was tiring for you to play him.

Oh, if Cobra doesn't midn it, would he consider playing Teodor? He would get to be part of one of his favorite character interactions!

Okay... Um. Augus,t do oyu mind if I kill him? I'll deal with anytinhg, as long as you don't midn that.

I have holy duties to attend which I shall not leave until my death.

Both things dealt about are unrelated, at the very least I have no plans of leaving the campaign contrary to my other sided decision.
Never thought I could ever quote a national hero aywhere but from history lessons.

And no, unless it adds to both attacks Adalhard wouldn't die.

Ooh, like Mecca? :smalltongue:

As logn as you're okay with it.

AsteriskAmp
2012-09-10, 05:45 PM
Okay... Um. Augus,t do oyu mind if I kill him? I'll deal with anytinhg, as long as you don't midn that..I would appreciate if you didn't.

MoonCat
2012-09-10, 05:47 PM
Iz dat two crits in a row and then a maxed roll?

GEE GEEEEE

Do I get to become a celebrity for this? Also, who are you, considering you appear to be randomly reading a game thread and had to create a whole new user to post on it?

I would appreciate if you didn't.

Okay. LaLa, ignore the power strike. I'll write in her new dialogue in a sec.

LaZodiac
2012-09-10, 05:48 PM
Well, I was also getting tired of controlling Teodor, but considering how the party probably just lost a man, I think I can do it, don't worry. Cobra's got his own character that's pretty cool, I think you'll like him. I'll make sure to do Teodor justice.

Also, to clarify things before they get weird, poster "Good Lord" is a friend of mine who likes the game. He posted purely to show his impressedness at this situation.

Also, Adalhard: I have a plan if you die. Don't think this will be the last they see of him :smalltongue:

MoonCat
2012-09-10, 05:57 PM
Awesome. Also, I just maxed that second d6. Hello Good Lord! Do I know you? DO YOU WORSHIP ME NOW?

And sure, new character's fine as well.

Teddy
2012-09-10, 06:17 PM
YES GOD YES YES IT WAS AWEOSME

EVERYONE NEEDS TO STAY AWAKE AT THE SAME TIME SO WE CAN ALL ROLEPLAY I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT I'M DYING

I'm sorry to disappoint, but I really need to go to bed now.

Bast holds what position? Second-most peaceful? So far, she's attacked both Adlahard and Elden. What have the others done that is more warlike?

Well, up until now, she hadn't really been attacking other party members especially much. Now that you say so, I remember that Bast tried to attack Adalhard once previously as well, so that should put her above Elden in terms of deliberate companion attacks. If we factor in all those times Elden's shifted someone into danger, however... (but that would have been completely overshadowed by this anyway).

And it seems BoAF actually saved Adalhard's life. So far, at least, as a gentle tap would certainly be enough to finish him off right now. Oh well, at least he should be in H4, so Carric can try to stabilise him if Juniper and Teodor proves to be obstinate.

MoonCat
2012-09-10, 06:30 PM
I'm sorry to disappoint, but I really need to go to bed now.

Well, up until now, she hadn't really been attacking other party members especially much. Now that you say so, I remember that Bast tried to attack Adalhard once previously as well, so that should put her above Elden in terms of deliberate companion attacks. If we factor in all those times Elden's shifted someone into danger, however... (but that would have been completely overshadowed by this anyway).

And it seems BoAF actually saved Adalhard's life. So far, at least, as a gentle tap would certainly be enough to finish him off right now. Oh well, at least he should be in H4, so Carric can try to stabilise him if Juniper and Teodor proves to be obstinate.

DAMN YOU

She's attempted to hit Adalhard twice. TBH, I think it owuld've been OOC if she'd killed Adalhard, but it could've gone either way.

And what id BoAF?

LaZodiac
2012-09-10, 06:31 PM
BoAF is Blades of AStral Fire, Elden's power that gave Adalhard a +4 to his AC, effectively preventing the enemies from really hurting him, at all.

MoonCat
2012-09-10, 06:39 PM
Ah, I see.

So...

Was I a tenth as awesome as Elden's teleporting or August's backstabbing? I hope I was.

LaZodiac
2012-09-10, 06:40 PM
Moonie, this entire event will be a story you talk about atleast 5 years from now, after you've become an old veteran at table top games. The story of how I got my pet pseudodragon.

MoonCat
2012-09-10, 06:54 PM
Moonie, this entire event will be a story you talk about atleast 5 years from now, after you've become an old veteran at table top games. The story of how I got my pet pseudodragon.

Ye,s but that's because it's the first truly awesome thing that I've ever done. However, does it actually compare as awesome when put next to AWESOME stuff like the last two things I mentioned?

Also, has it occurred to you guys that this game-changing fight with at least two AWESOME moments in it could be boiled down to "one of the characters who wanted to keep a wild pseudodragon as a pet got in a fight with another character, who wanted to kill it."?

It's almost tragically simple.

LaZodiac
2012-09-10, 06:55 PM
I personaly think that it's very awesome.

Teddy
2012-09-11, 01:52 AM
BoAF actually only prevented one single strike against Adalhard, but seeing as those 8 points of damage would've killed him now, I'd say that Elden saved him for now.

Ye,s but that's because it's the first truly awesome thing that I've ever done. However, does it actually compare as awesome when put next to AWESOME stuff like the last two things I mentioned?

I'd say it compares. This whole battle would be awesome in comic book format, but I can't handle the art style it warrants (and don't have the time anyway)...

Also, has it occurred to you guys that this game-changing fight with at least two AWESOME moments in it could be boiled down to "one of the characters who wanted to keep a wild pseudodragon as a pet got in a fight with another character, who wanted to kill it."?

It's almost tragically simple.

Well, this may give you an idea of how stupid Elden thinks this whole deal is. :smallwink:

LaZodiac
2012-09-11, 01:54 AM
Especialy since I'm pretty sure, according to Pinkhair, if Bast had just said she wants said pseudodragon as a pet, he'd actually approve. Because it's "enslaving the pseudodragon" which is something he's totally ok with.

Ah, but such is life. We got some REALLY interesting stuff happening though. Also, Teddy, good luck with all that work of yours. I'm rooting for yah!

MoonCat
2012-09-11, 09:30 AM
BoAF actually only prevented one single strike against Adalhard, but seeing as those 8 points of damage would've killed him now, I'd say that Elden saved him for now.

I'd say it compares. This whole battle would be awesome in comic book format, but I can't handle the art style it warrants (and don't have the time anyway)...

Well, this may give you an idea of how stupid Elden thinks this whole deal is. :smallwink:

<applauds>

Aww... :smalltongue:

Well, in actuality, it's more of an umpteenth boiling over of Bast's anger at at Adalhard, and his sudden action for once getting the others involved. It's just, it all started because of the pseudodragon... ^.^

Especialy since I'm pretty sure, according to Pinkhair, if Bast had just said she wants said pseudodragon as a pet, he'd actually approve. Because it's "enslaving the pseudodragon" which is something he's totally ok with.

Ah, but such is life. We got some REALLY interesting stuff happening though. Also, Teddy, good luck with all that work of yours. I'm rooting for yah!

Meep! Enslavement.

LIKE SWORDS AND MAGIC AND STUFF. yeah, good luck Tedster. (I have no idea why I typed that, but I'm leaving it in.)

Blue Ghost
2012-09-11, 04:59 PM
Well, in actuality, it's more of an umpteenth boiling over of Bast's anger at at Adalhard, and his sudden action for once getting the others involved. It's just, it all started because of the pseudodragon... ^.^

Not just Bast. Juniper is glad for the chance to beat the crap out of Adalhard as well.
(Well played, August.)

MoonCat
2012-09-11, 05:23 PM
Not just Bast. Juniper is glad for the chance to beat the crap out of Adalhard as well.
(Well played, August.)

I never got that much <enemy> vibe from those two together. But I still get it. Also, you actually seemed kinda irritated at the beginning of this.

August, would you kindly explain your OOC reason for having Adalhard suddenly viciously betraying the party like this? This stuff has potential to seriously harm the game, y'know.

LaZodiac
2012-09-11, 06:59 PM
That's just Blue looking out for us. He wants to make sure everyone else approves of what's happening after all.

MoonCat
2012-09-11, 07:23 PM
Bluuuuuuue. You should post more often! We miss you!

EDIT: I just rolled another twenty. Then maxed on the following roll, though it would have been maxxed anyway.

Wow.

LaZodiac
2012-09-13, 05:21 PM
Bast is a crit machine and I love it.

MoonCat
2012-09-13, 05:48 PM
Gus, let's all post our current HP somewhere, so we know who's where in terms of horrendously dying.

Bast is 21/51.

Y'alls?

LaZodiac
2012-09-13, 05:49 PM
Your HP is wrong Teodor healed you :smalltongue:

Blue Ghost
2012-09-13, 06:00 PM
Juniper is at 47/54, with 1 temporary HP.

Can we please post our HP totals when we take our turns from now on?

Teddy
2012-09-13, 06:02 PM
Elden is at 44/44 (after I remembered that he should have spent a healing surge after the last battle).

Blue, I usually try to remember doing so when Elden actually has been hurt. I won't when he isn't, however, so just assume that he isn't in need of any healing for as long as I don't say anything.

MoonCat
2012-09-13, 06:17 PM
Your HP is wrong Teodor healed you :smalltongue:

That was after she was healed up a bit. Bast was down to 14 before Teodor's turn. Oh, and now she also has those 4 temp HP.

AsteriskAmp
2012-09-13, 06:45 PM
(-(-7)^(1/3) (-1)^(1/3) 2^(2/3))^3) / 63 Hp
-28/63

Cobra_Ikari
2012-09-13, 09:08 PM
4E RB. All crits, all the time. >.>

MoonCat
2012-09-13, 10:23 PM
4E RB. All crits, all the time. >.>

It's part of the deal. The more dysfunctional your team is, the more oddly competent they are. It's why The Order of the Stick got trusted to deal with the epic lich who's trying to destroy the universe.

Teddy
2012-09-14, 08:17 PM
Phew, that was a lot of text to write. Too bad the rest of the party can't hear Elden now. :smallwink:

LaZodiac
2012-09-14, 08:18 PM
Oscar clip, right their.

MoonCat
2012-09-14, 08:41 PM
I'm curious now.

If we promise 100% not to ever let it bleed into IC (the only purpose of the spoiler boxes is to make it easier to remember what everyone else is supposed to know or not, right?), can we read it? It sounds interesting!

And the above two posts are making me very curious.

<pleadface>

LaZodiac
2012-09-14, 08:42 PM
It's sort of been an unstated rule, yha, that as long as you're good at seperating IC and OOC knowledge, you can look at spoilers.

MoonCat
2012-09-14, 08:52 PM
I'll wait for confirmation from Teddy as well.

I wouldn't want to get unfair...

AsteriskAmp
2012-09-15, 12:05 AM
Explaining most of my characters actions OOC normally kills the joy and the mystique of actually treading around, knowing why someone does it makes one likely to follow a given course of action, which is not always "spontaneous", hence I try not to explain Adalhard's reason OOC (he and I do have them, and considering my bookkeeping of everything I could provide the sheet should LaZ ever ask, I'm just not going to reveal them... until probably the end of the campaign) or even read the spoilers since it makes one more concious of things the character shouldn't be.

As for OOC reasoning. I do not consider it a betrayal, he has not attacked a single party member that he takes a divergent course of action in a non key time is also not betrayal so much as deviance or at worst insubordination if it were a hierarchical structure; anarchism if one were to consider the party a democracy. There also has been absolutely no tentative of attack to any party member at all... except himself.

(Well played, August.)I can only provide windows of opportunity.

Also, I love how Adalhard keeps being wrong about Elden's willingness to kill everyone disagreeing with him. Even though he's threatened to use harm a few times, he's only ever raised his hand toward a fellow party member once. At this pace, he's going to be the second to most peaceful party member after Carric really soon. The ironic part is that that position is currently held by Bast (even though she tried to swipe at Elden with her fist once).Carric has yet to attack another party member. Adalhard has only used redirects, he has done no hp damage to any party member at any point or even targeted (in the sense of targeting with a damaging effect) another party member. Bast is the one with the highest HP damage done as well as episodes of violence. Adalhard is the one that ends up in second place for episodes but has Carric's track record on damage.

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee492/araveugnitsuga1/Adalhard/OOCTHreadBanner.png

Also, on tangential news (or OOC OOC):

Maybe due to me forgetting if LaZ had asked me to compose character themes for her webcomic in progress or for the campaign; maybe due to getting free time from not actually having to do anything but roll saves during a week; or perhaps because I got a bigger side-project with similar requirements in a given area; but I'm starting to develop the RB OST.

It originally was composed during February for the piano, and kinda died there since I lacked recording equipment and midi sounded disastrous. However, I managed to acquire a synth and the necessary hardware and software to produce decently sounding music; at which point I felt the need to further develop the basic songs into fully orchestral pieces.

As of now there is only one Character Theme ready, and two derivative songs. Hopefully I'll have all of the Character Theme's done by the end of the year and the last derivative track done along with any locale I think would be musically suitable for tracking. I'm looking into getting at least 12 working tracks compressed to an audio CD.

Elden Theme's: Antiminuet of the Forest (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFsDpm9rCRY&feature=g-upl)
Bast Derivative Work: Fiendish Piano Lessons (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNi6gZcM4os&feature=g-upl)
Adalhard's Theme: Sonata of Shattered Ice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ4kD5j4ntM&feature=youtu.be)
Adalhard Derivative Work: IU (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilzl09pI2IY&feature=g-upl)
Carric's Theme: Bossa of the Shadows (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjYgB7uVnFE&feature=youtu.be)
Juniper's Theme: Allegro Vivace Bard (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZydaqebxXg)
Juniper Derivative Work: Andante Movido Paladin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyocyn8aduE&feature=plcp)
Dendritical Titan: Turn Overcoat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1st1tUDn6m0&feature=plcp)
Bast Antiderivative Work: Catsody in Red (Written, not recorded)
Overland Theme (Written, not recorded)

This is probably the second biggest musical project I've undertaken, already at 280 pages of sheet music for the 3 orchestral pieces posted above. The piano-alone pages sum up to a comfortable 78 pages spread along a mess of paper based products taped or glued together into one gigantic accordion of sheet music which lasts around an hour un-arranged and if played on quick succession. I'm thinking of eventually releasing the sheet music, but it would probably be useless to anybody since it's written for an orchestra, and the piano versions are written in hieroglyphs which I'm not even sure I understand at times.

MoonCat
2012-09-15, 12:38 AM
I knew I didn't kill your character for a reason. :smalltongue:

Also, <squeals like an absolute fool of a teenage girl> You got the Bast derivative! And Irascible Underling too! (Although I see you left out Turn Overcoat).

Also, just saw the adorable part where LaLa is on top of all our characters.

...Is it wrong this campaign is making me go all sentimental?

<wanders off to listen to Basty music.>

LaZodiac
2012-09-15, 12:41 AM
ITs your first DND campaign, it's ok to get emotionaly attached

Teddy
2012-09-15, 04:59 AM
Oscar clip, right their.

Oscar clip? :smallconfused:

I'll wait for confirmation from Teddy as well.

I wouldn't want to get unfair...

There's noting I can do to physically stop you, is there? :smallwink: That said, I suggest that you wait until after Elden gets back to the rest of the group. There is a great chance that Bast will get an altered perception of what follows if you read it first, and I wouldn't want that to happen for reasons that will become more clear later (they're in the spoiler box, disclosing them would potentially yield too much information).

Carric has yet to attack another party member. Adalhard has only used redirects, he has done no hp damage to any party member at any point or even targeted (in the sense of targeting with a damaging effect) another party member. Bast is the one with the highest HP damage done as well as episodes of violence. Adalhard is the one that ends up in second place for episodes but has Carric's track record on damage.

Yes, hence the position as the most peaceful party member. And while Adalhard hasn't caused any damage to anyone yet, he uses his powers a lot more to affect other party members actions, mostly by denying them what they want to do, but as now, actually causing them (her) to do something they (she) expressly didn't want to, which is the reason to why I rank him below Elden.

Elden Theme's: Antiminuet of the Forest (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFsDpm9rCRY&feature=g-upl)

Hmm, not bad, although it feels more like a description of the chaos that revolves around him than Elden himself, and if I imagine a music video for this one (as I tend to do with music), it'd be Elden seen from behind, walking down a path, being the only constant as the entire universe rapidly changes around him (wow, that sounded a lot more narcissistic that I imagined).

But then again, I generally imagine my themes as being built much like the music I like the most, which would be a lot more calm and introspective...

LaZodiac
2012-09-15, 07:48 AM
"Oscar Clip" is a term used to describe the scene that will get shown off during the Oscar nominations. I'm saying that your entire speech was amazing.

MoonCat
2012-09-15, 12:58 PM
Okay, I'll (we'll?) wait.

<mrrragh>

Cobra_Ikari
2012-09-16, 12:14 AM
>.>

Come on, kill or exile Adalhard already! >.>

MoonCat
2012-09-16, 02:17 AM
Bast can't close up kill him, I doubt she'll get backup from anyone now that the heat of the moment is passed, and it'll probably backfire on her, since Elden's probably still mad at her.

Exile, I dunno. Bast lacks the individual power. What could she say that has anymore sticking power than Juniper's shout during the battle.

AsteriskAmp
2012-09-16, 02:22 AM
>.>

Come on, kill or exile Adalhard already! >.>

Hey!

No SOUP! Character Theme for you!

LaZodiac
2012-09-16, 02:24 AM
Considering what his character theme is, that line is actually kind of funny.

Also, if it wasn't obvious by this point, Cobra's the new player guuuuuuys. Oh man a secret so much in the open it's more obviously then some really obvious thing.

MoonCat
2012-09-16, 02:28 AM
Dammit, I wish my character were more verbose. I write long, beautiful rants in response, perfectly capturing her tone...

...And then I realize that if it were actually like her, then she owuldn't be able to talk like that for two sentences straight. <sighs>

If Bast leaves the party with Teodor, or if she gets killed, I'm making another dude for the Bookworm Brigade. <promises>

LaZodiac
2012-09-16, 02:29 AM
Understood Moonie, though I'd much rather Bast not leave. Once we've finally squared away wheter or not Adalhard is leaving the party, we can work to figure out a way for Teodor to leave without Bast going with him.

MoonCat
2012-09-16, 02:32 AM
Yeah, I have a plan for that. Just don't kill him, because then she'll definitely leave then.

Oh, by the way, August, your XP is 150 too much. I noticed while I was hunting for Adalhard's last name.

AsteriskAmp
2012-09-16, 02:35 AM
Yeah, I have a plan for that. Just don't kill him, because then she'll definitely leave then.

Oh, by the way, August, your XP is 150 too much. I noticed while I was hunting for Adalhard's last name.
I just wait for LaZ to say level up to level up and vaguely guess around where we should be. Abezgauz you mean? Because it's totally found on the first page of the thread.

MoonCat
2012-09-16, 02:39 AM
I just wait for LaZ to say level up to level up and vaguely guess around where we should be. Abezgauz you mean? Because it's totally found on the first page of the thread.

Yea,h I know. I just had forgotten and was trying to check your sheet, because I couldn't quite remember where I'd found it two or three days ago.

<grumbles about how her years of Mock Trial and Debate get lost when the only plays a character like Bast, and how no one will ever realize she actually is decent at arguing>

Teddy
2012-09-16, 04:10 AM
Considering what his character theme is, that line is actually kind of funny.

Also, if it wasn't obvious by this point, Cobra's the new player guuuuuuys. Oh man a secret so much in the open it's more obviously then some really obvious thing.

Yeah, it's been in the opens since page 4. And that's when it's obvious to someone who sometimes can be as clueless as he's sharp...

<grumbles about how her years of Mock Trial and Debate get lost when the only plays a character like Bast, and how no one will ever realize she actually is decent at arguing>

Tell me about it. I constantly have to suppress my tendency to understate myself and express uncertainity when roleplaying Elden, which I in turn adopted as a means to avoid drifting toward the extreme, or being ascribed opinions I don't hold, while debating. It's funny how a simple observation about how a debate usually proceeds ends up defining my character so much that I actually have a hard time putting it aside.

LaZodiac
2012-09-16, 04:12 AM
Trust me, I know what you mean. You say one time that you don't want a certain type of food today, and your parents never make it again ever because they think you hate it.

This is vaguely similiar to what you said.

MoonCat
2012-09-16, 12:05 PM
Trust me, I know what you mean. You say one time that you don't want a certain type of food today, and your parents never make it again ever because they think you hate it.

This is vaguely similiar to what you said.

Ugh, yeah. My parents always do this. the few things I actually despise, they never remember (eggs, avocados very small rocks....). And they keep on mixing up my hates with my brother's hates.

Soo...

Am I gonna get punched for the post I made last night? :smallfrown:

LaZodiac
2012-09-16, 12:07 PM
You're not going to get PUNCHED Moonie.

Teddy
2012-09-16, 01:11 PM
The ball is rolling... :smallamused:

MoonCat
2012-09-16, 01:16 PM
I really, really do not like this latest Bast quote. It feels really crappy, badly-written. Oh, and the subject matter. Yeah, that sucks.

Cobra_Ikari
2012-09-16, 01:43 PM
...is it weird that I kinda feel like Adalhard forcing Bast to attack the pseudodragon was a bigger violation of her rights than the succubus dominating her?

...I mean, both were pretty awful things, but... >.>

AsteriskAmp
2012-09-16, 03:17 PM
...is it weird that I kinda feel like Adalhard forcing Bast to attack the pseudodragon was a bigger violation of her rights than the succubus dominating her?

...I mean, both were pretty awful things, but... >.>
This comparison makes no sense whatsoever. Rape involves after-effects like depersonalization, an inability to ever again form affective bonds, social self isolation, massive amounts of self blame, and in some cases suicide.

The other case is partially in line with certain types of torture, but of note is that the drake isn't even dead and it is not a long loved friend or familiar, merely something she just suddenly wanted to protect.

There is a reason sexual crimes have bigger sentences than other types of crimes, they are particularly awful in the after effects to victims. Both psychologically and physiologically.

LaZodiac
2012-09-16, 03:19 PM
Ok how about we just drop this line of thought right now.

Say, Pinkhair, how is your day? Tell the thread about your awesome new song!

Teddy
2012-09-16, 06:03 PM
Hey, Luna, I'd say that you're free to read Elden's speech to Adalhard, seeing as conversation's over for now. It's nothing Earth-shattering, I just wanted Bast's reaction to Adalhard's apology to be stained by assumption and unspoiled by fact. It was what I'd been building up toward, after all.

MoonCat
2012-09-16, 07:57 PM
Hey, Luna, I'd say that you're free to read Elden's speech to Adalhard, seeing as conversation's over for now. It's nothing Earth-shattering, I just wanted Bast's reaction to Adalhard's apology to be stained by assumption and unspoiled by fact. It was what I'd been building up toward, after all.

<reads, feeling slightly guilty all the way through>

Whoa.

I gotta say it. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HoYay)

Cobra_Ikari
2012-09-16, 08:07 PM

Whoa.

You see that everywhere, Moonie. :smallamused:

...*suddenly wonders if you have a PS3, and then next time he's at Landon's, he'll attempt to kill you by way of exsanguination through the nasal cavity. :smalltongue:*...

MoonCat
2012-09-16, 08:21 PM
Who the feck is Landon? :smallconfused:

Also, august, does your latest post mean Adalhard will live to 1,000, and is currently 210? :smallconfused:

LaZodiac
2012-09-16, 08:22 PM
Cobra's talking about the friend who he has massive ho yay overtones with, is all :smallamused:

AsteriskAmp
2012-09-16, 10:34 PM
Also, august, does your latest post mean Adalhard will live to 1,000, and is currently 210? :smallconfused:
Yes, elven races live ten times base race age. This is why Adalhard speaks in term of decades. He is approximately 210 years old, or 21 decades. Making him the second oldest party member.

MoonCat
2012-09-16, 10:51 PM
Who's older than that? Carric?

LaZodiac
2012-09-16, 10:52 PM
That'd be correct Moonie. Carric's REALLY old :smalltongue:

MoonCat
2012-09-16, 10:56 PM
He's actually 150 according to his sheet...

LaZodiac
2012-09-16, 10:56 PM
Ah, but you see, that was the age where he "died" as it were. He was 150, around the time that The Lich was still around and a major player.

MoonCat
2012-09-16, 11:56 PM
Muh. Confused now.

Na,h I get it. Just, ...wow.

LaZodiac
2012-09-16, 11:58 PM
It'll make more sense later :smallamused:

AsteriskAmp
2012-09-17, 12:27 AM
Muh. Confused now.

Na,h I get it. Just, ...wow.
I think she means it's been 150 years since this Carric memories began recording. Or he has memory of the events on the last 150 years, he was effectively born 150 years ago, however his body is much older. Much much older.

LaZodiac
2012-09-17, 12:29 AM
Without going into spoilers, the intent is that Carric had been alive for 150 years before "death" at the hands of Arcturus's mighty crit boot of justice. Wheter or not he's been around for a longer time afterward or not I cannot say, as that'd be spoilers.

MoonCat
2012-09-17, 12:35 AM
Hey, LaLa, if I wear a crit boot of justice with Mello's Legendary Pants, what happens?

LaZodiac
2012-09-17, 12:36 AM
Everything below your waist becomes a deadly weapon. Everything.

MoonCat
2012-09-17, 12:44 AM
If you continue the 'slamming swords into dudes' convo from last night, I will get revenge LaZodiac.

LaZodiac
2012-09-17, 12:46 AM
Understood Moonie. Also, because I'm curious, does anyone have any theories about Carric and Commander Theolon that they'd like to share with us?

Teddy
2012-09-17, 12:53 AM

See, these are the sort of emotions I wouldn't want to seep into the Bast roleplaying. :smallwink:

Whoa.

Heh, yeah, I kind of was aware of those undertones as well... :smallamused:

That said, Elden (and through extension, me) has had enough of being constantly annoyed at Adalhard, so he decided that a change (of his own view, if nothing more) was in order.

MoonCat
2012-09-17, 01:06 AM
See, these are the sort of emotions I wouldn't want to seep into the Bast roleplaying. :smallwink:

Heh, yeah, I kind of was aware of those undertones as well... :smallamused:

That said, Elden (and through extension, me) has had enough of being constantly annoyed at Adalhard, so he decided that a change (of his own view, if nothing more) was in order.

Oh, definitely. Bast feeling guilty. That's something that could never happen, right LaLa? :smallamused:

Good buy. We need more intentional ho yay in the world. :smalltongue:

To be hones,t I'm getting kinda tired of playing Bast as hating Adalhard, just because I always feel so dumb during it, and then I have to argue badly, and all that. But there's nothing I can do that'd be IC for now so, oh well.

And are you implying Elden is purposely trying to act gay towards Adalhard in order to be less pissed at him?

Teddy
2012-09-17, 02:09 AM
Oh, definitely. Bast feeling guilty. That's something that could never happen, right LaLa? :smallamused:

Good buy. We need more intentional ho yay in the world. :smalltongue:

To be hones,t I'm getting kinda tired of playing Bast as hating Adalhard, just because I always feel so dumb during it, and then I have to argue badly, and all that. But there's nothing I can do that'd be IC for now so, oh well.

And are you implying Elden is purposely trying to act gay towards Adalhard in order to be less pissed at him?

I didn't say it was intentional, only that I was aware that people might see those undertones to it. :smallwink: Also, I wouldn't call it gay per se, more "overly dramatic", which is something Elden does from time to time.

And try to find an opportunity to reevaluate said hate or do something about it. Some steps away from character must be allowed to remedy a trait you don't like roleplaying. The core idea is that you're supposed to have fun, after all.

AsteriskAmp
2012-09-17, 01:29 PM
From the IC thread.

Elden spends some time sorting through and reshuffling his backpack in order to make room for the book (we really need to get to a pawn shop soon, my poor character sheet is filled to the brim with random objects), where-after he starts to climb down the wall.
Agreed with needing a visit to a pawn shop, we are carrying enough stuff to bump at least half of our equipment slots by one or two levels, but it was suggested to me by the one on the iron throne that we wait for Teodor's departure for the splitting of loot and the liquidisation of our assets.

If the split was after this event then each would have 2796 of gp if we cleared out of non-liquid assets.

Gold has been included several times due to it coming from different encounters.

Item|Description|Worth|Carrier
Gold Pile|Liquid Asset|300|
Ruby||50|
Lovecushions||5|
Rubies||100|
Gold|Liquid Asset|900|
3x Oil of Lasting Flame|Oil that lasts for 8 hours |75|Teodor
Gold|Liquid Asset|60|
Gold|Liquid Asset|60|
Clearwater Solution|Purifies water|20|Adalhard
Gold|Liquid Asset|10|
Gold|Liquid Asset|20|
4x Caustic Glue|Glue that burns|120|Adalhard
4x Flash Bombs|Dazes|120|Adalhard
3x Healing Potions|Elden Blessed. Heal|150|Adalhard
3x Alchemist Frost|Frosts|60|Adalhard
5x Herbal Poultice |Heals more|150|Adalhard
Corrosive Oil|Degenerates enemy armour|30|Adalhard
Mechano Pieces|Must find someone qualified|200|Adalhard
3x Inferno Oil Darts Batch|Fire Vulnera x3|150|Adalhard
3x Wine|White|30|Juniper
4x Expensive Wine|Red|200|Juniper
5x Cheap Wine||10|Juniper
9x Inferno Oil Darts Batch|Fire Vulnera x3|450|Adalhard
11x Amulets||550|Adalhard
21x Magic Apples|+2 to Defences|420|Adalhard
14x Magic Apples|+2 to Defences|280|Elden
5x Rings||500|Adalhard
Gold|Liquid Asset|100|Elden
Resounding Mace|Looted Magical Weapon|2600|Elden
Bestiary Book|+5 to identification of mythical creatures|200|Elden
Platinum|Liquid Asset|6000|

Teddy
2012-09-17, 01:56 PM
Minor correction, Elden has already used up all of the Alchemist's Fire.

MoonCat
2012-09-22, 03:22 PM
BTW, Teddy: It's spelled 'catastrophe'. English spelling cannot decide which rules we're using. :smalltongue:

Teddy
2012-09-22, 07:00 PM
BTW, Teddy: It's spelled 'catastrophe'. English spelling cannot decide which rules we're using. :smalltongue:

Yes... I should know that...

LaZodiac
2012-09-23, 12:59 AM
Oh hey did someone order a World Map (not yet marked with locations you care about, sorry!)

Why yes, yes someone did. (http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk69/LaZodiac/DNDMap_zps2ae9e40b.png)

Note that this map is not really too scale, and that for those of you familiar with Dwarf Fortress, don't take any of the biome ques from that to heart. See that top left place? That's where you guys started this campaign :smallamused:

Teddy
2012-09-23, 07:24 AM
Oooh, Dwarf Fortress as a map-making engine, I never thought about that before.

And the upper left corner you say? Isn't that the scorching Desert of Humblenesses? I always imagined Ashen Snow as being a bit more, I don't know, snowy... :smallwink:

LaZodiac
2012-09-23, 09:39 AM
Oooh, Dwarf Fortress as a map-making engine, I never thought about that before.

And the upper left corner you say? Isn't that the scorching Desert of Humblenesses? I always imagined Ashen Snow as being a bit more, I don't know, snowy... :smallwink:

As I said, the map atleast in terms of terrain is not correct. That area is totally snowy. By which I mean the mountains are correct, but not the weather and stuff. :smalltongue: :smallredface:

I also have a map for my comic, incidently.

Teddy
2012-09-23, 10:32 AM
As I said, the map atleast in terms of terrain is not correct. That area is totally snowy. By which I mean the mountains are correct, but not the weather and stuff. :smalltongue: :smallredface:

I also have a map for my comic, incidently.

Yeah, I was just making a jab at DF names. You're lucky if you can find a civilisation that isn't named The Hollowness of Attics or get a squad of hammerdwarves that isn't called The Spears of Blackness. :smallwink:

Also, fancy!

LaZodiac
2012-09-23, 10:55 AM
Yeah, I was just making a jab at DF names. You're lucky if you can find a civilisation that isn't named The Hollowness of Attics or get a squad of hammerdwarves that isn't called The Spears of Blackness. :smallwink:

Also, fancy!

I honestly thought that you just recognized the tiles and thus new instinctualy that it was a desert or something :smallredface:

And yup! It's kinda big!

Teddy
2012-09-23, 02:40 PM
I honestly thought that you just recognized the tiles and thus new instinctualy that it was a desert or something :smallredface:

And yup! It's kinda big!

Actually, upon closer inspection, I think it's hills and badlands and not a desert (still hot/scorching, however). The image resolution is a bit too low to make out what most of the tiles are (thankfully, a greater resolution would've made it huge), so I mostly went by colour, but yes, I do actually know the different biomes based on their tile symbols by heart. :smallamused:

AsteriskAmp
2012-09-23, 02:42 PM

And yup! It's kinda big!
There is a bigger version floating in the inter-webs actually.

http://www.wuphonsreach.org/Games/DwarfFortress/WorldGen/v0.31.18/world_map-region1-550--10081.png

LaZodiac
2012-09-23, 02:47 PM
Actually, upon closer inspection, I think it's hills and badlands and not a desert (still hot/scorching, however). The image resolution is a bit too low to make out what most of the tiles are (thankfully, a greater resolution would've made it huge), so I mostly went by colour, but yes, I do actually know the different biomes based on their tile symbols by heart. :smallamused:

Impressive. Also, I've made the first four areas you guys went too! Still haven't done backstory areas yet though.

World Map area, the snow area who's name I haven't come up with yet! Featuring a town, a city, a tower, and a mine! (http://imageshack.us/a/img19/3685/12940493.png)

Note that the cut off bits are not supposed to represent anything, and are just chunks of the map I removed so you guys would focus on this region.

Silly Pinkhair, when I mentioned big, I meant the map for our comic was big, not the DND campaign map :smallamused:

Teddy
2012-09-23, 03:02 PM
Impressive.[...]

I'm a Dwarf Fortress player. When you go biome-hunting, you'd better learn to tell the biome just from the tile and colour.

To be honest, however, the custom tileset threw me a bit off.

LaZodiac
2012-09-23, 03:04 PM
I'm a Dwarf Fortress player. When you go biome-hunting, you'd better learn to tell the biome just from the tile and colour.

To be honest, however, the custom tileset threw me a bit off.

Aaah, ok. As someone who SO doesn't understand Dwarf Fortress I haven't even succeded in getting anyone killed, that impresses me all the same.

MoonCat
2012-09-23, 11:05 PM
...What happened with Adalhard blocking out Bast? I'm not sure I get that.

LaZodiac
2012-09-23, 11:06 PM
Ok, basically, Adalhard asked Carric to keep Bast out, but due to just...time shinaningans, he closed the door before Carric could do this. As a result, he and Carric are now inside the inn, door closed, and everyone else is outside it.

Teddy
2012-09-24, 01:04 PM
Aaah, ok. As someone who SO doesn't understand Dwarf Fortress I haven't even succeded in getting anyone killed, that impresses me all the same.

Fortress mode or adventure mode? Because the former just means that you're still on your first year and so far has failed to cause any major mining accidents, while the latter is a bit more telling. :smallwink:

Also, I assume you've checked out the wiki (http://dwarffortresswiki.org), yes? It's great, even for an experienced player like me.

LaZodiac
2012-09-24, 01:06 PM
Fortress mode or adventure mode? Because the former just means that you're still on your first year and so far has failed to cause any major mining accidents, while the latter is a bit more telling. :smallwink:

Also, I assume you've checked out the wiki (http://dwarffortresswiki.org), yes? It's great, even for an experienced player like me.

Fortress mode. The problem is that I can't even get mining to work. I'm completely inept at this and wish the controls had SOME degree of sensemake to them.

Teddy
2012-09-24, 01:46 PM
Yeah, the first few games was a lot of trial and error to me. I mostly used the help section, but I remember there being a few tutorials on the wiki.

Oh, and I remember having problems with figuring out how to do mining as well when I first began playing. It's found under the "Designations" menu, and the key commands are d + d (or just d when the X cursor is underground, as it then defaults to mining). Woodcutting, plant-gathering and stair-carving is found under "Designations" as well.

You know, this is actually one of those situations when even I reckon that chat would be handy. Learning someone play DF is almost as tricky as doing tech support. :smallwink:

LaZodiac
2012-09-24, 01:47 PM
Yeah, the first few games was a lot of trial and error to me. I mostly used the help section, but I remember there being a few tutorials on the wiki.

Oh, and I remember having problems with figuring out how to do mining as well when I first began playing. It's found under the "Designations" menu, and the key commands are d + d (or just d when the X cursor is underground, as it then defaults to mining). Woodcutting, plant-gathering and stair-carving is found under "Designations" as well.

You know, this is actually one of those situations when even I reckon that chat would be handy. Learning someone play DF is almost as tricky as doing tech support. :smallwink:

Totally agreed their Teddy :smallamused:

Cobra_Ikari
2012-09-25, 04:28 PM
I don't think it really matters how good or bad the pun was, that it was CARRIC who made it made my jaw drop and me laugh uncontrollably. =3

Ranger Mattos
2012-09-26, 10:53 AM
I don't think it really matters how good or bad the pun was, that it was CARRIC who made it made my jaw drop and me laugh uncontrollably. =3

Excellent :smalltongue:

MoonCat
2012-09-26, 08:44 PM
Wait, so is this Adalhard's creation? Did he tell it to kill the people?

Also, still unclear, how did this plant show up in the first place?

LaZodiac
2012-09-26, 08:47 PM
I'm sure Adalhard will explain it after the fight, but here's a basic gist of it thing.

The medicene Bast is taking? It's made from these plants. Elden, with Adalhard's assistence, created them on Adalhard's requested. Unfortunately, neither one of them had their information COMPLETELY correct, so there were no wards on the plant protecting it from the taint of the Shadowfell. Because Adalhard made a bloody mess in his room carving up his back, that blood soaked into the floor, where he planted the flowers. The taint makes plants crave blood and meat, so they drank of his blood, growing stronger, roots extending out of the room into other nearby houses, strangling house animals and stuff and sucking up their blood.

Eventually, they got strong enough that they could eat full on meat based creatures, growing bigger and stronger, untill monster plant happens! We've gotta kill it now.

Like I said, Adalhard will likely explain this (and more, like what he was talking to the plant about when he trapped himself and Carric in their) after the fight.

MoonCat
2012-09-26, 08:52 PM
Oh, I see. And how much of this does Bast personally know?

LaZodiac
2012-09-26, 08:54 PM

By this point she knows the flower is Adalhard's and Elden's fault, he feels really bad about it, and she has to point her swords at it untill it dies.

Teddy
2012-09-27, 02:54 AM
[...] strangling house animals and stuff and sucking up their blood.

And by house animals, she mean rats and slaves, seeing how real tame animals are crazy expensive around where we are. :smallwink:

That depends. How much has she been listening to Elden and Adalhard bickering about whom to blame (they both try to pin it on themselves)? :smallwink:

LaZodiac
2012-09-27, 02:55 AM
And by house animals, she mean rats and slaves, seeing how real tame animals are crazy expensive around where we are. :smallwink:

You're more correct then you know. I forgot to mention it, and no reason to really spoil it, buut. You recall seeing a pseudodragon on the Asterion slave ring "product sheet", as it were. :smallwink:

AsteriskAmp
2012-09-30, 11:06 PM
Finished Carric's theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjYgB7uVnFE&feature=youtu.be) today and managed to upload it after fighting a duel to death against half of my recording equipment.

LaZodiac
2012-10-01, 09:25 AM
Wow, that was pretty awesome.

Teddy
2012-10-01, 12:50 PM
Finished Carric's theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjYgB7uVnFE&feature=youtu.be) today and managed to upload it after fighting a duel to death against half of my recording equipment.

You shouldn't duel your equipment to death. No matter what the outcome is, you'll be incapable of recording your music, and that's a bad thing, since your music is good (if a bit disharmonious at times, in my opinion). :smallwink:

LaZodiac
2012-10-01, 12:51 PM
Yha. To be fair to Pinkhair though, playing a guitar is like fighting 5 ro 8 rapier fighters at once, bare handed

Teddy
2012-10-01, 01:12 PM
Yeah, I was pretty bad at guitar myself when we were learning it in school (back in grade 7, IIRC). :smallamused:

AsteriskAmp
2012-10-01, 01:23 PM
You shouldn't duel your equipment to death. No matter what the outcome is, you'll be incapable of recording your music, and that's a bad thing, since your music is good (if a bit disharmonious at times, in my opinion). :smallwink:It's a product of passing the cable order threshold and having overpar wiring and equipment for recording but the worst possible actual recorder ever... my craptastic laptop which refuses to stay on even when directly connected to a power source due to problems on the contact between the charger and the laptop itself; and sometimes feels like an overenthusiastic ADHD filled boy trying to noise suppress noise not meant to be suppressed or removing acoustic echo meant to be there.

Add on top that I sometimes end up surround by instruments without noticing, specially in the case of heavily synthesised stuff or when using heavy instrumentation simultaneously and I have to fight to get out or record, that and I can't control people not entering, because locking the door usually results in door banging.

This time it was probably the worst I'll get to, because the guitar requires more space for playing than synthesizers do, so I needed neck space on top of the small semi-circle of synths+clavinova I usually form... of which half work as controllers rather than instruments. Not to mention the control tower being away from me (at this point I realised I should be considering getting myself a mixing console and just record in my room instead of at the music room and just play everything at a synth.)

I probably could also record each part one at a time but that'd be wasting time since for some cases I don't need my two hands for the piano or for the strings and I'd have to re-arrange the room repeatedly for each instrument while on a single massive set-up I get it done in a smaller fraction of time. On the other hand... cabling would be A LOT easier.

Ranger Mattos
2012-10-01, 04:10 PM

Wow. That is amazing, August. I love it :smallbiggrin:

And for the non-musically inclined, what does "Bossa" mean?

AsteriskAmp
2012-10-01, 04:33 PM
Wow. That is amazing, August. I love it :smallbiggrin:

And for the non-musically inclined, what does "Bossa" mean?
Thanks. There is a guitar only track of it, but it sounds wrong mainly because I wanted someone to sing along but know no singer with Bossa Nova ability in my vicinity, that and because I suck at playing the guitar.

The word "bossa" is slang for doing something with particular charm, natural flair or innate ability in Brazil.

It's also alluding to Bossa Nova, a musical genre which is kind of like Samba but without percussion. Explaining it is kind of hard without using the misnomer of Jazz meets Samba since Bossa actually became a something of a Jazz standard since Jazz musicians took a liking to it, but was born from one guy who is still alive called Joao Gilberto (and well, Jobim and de Moraes) who parted from Samba but wanted something else (and was thrown to a madhouse for two months for composing something so unheard of by his father no less). Sometimes its called elevator music but it has a lot more going for it. True Bossa is normally a guitar alone, a piano accompanying at most, sometimes replaced for a xylophone; some composers throw in strings to approximate it to a more northern standard.

The most famous piece of Bossa is the first Bossa song ever which is Chega de Saudade (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzxVBXCP1jg), here sung by Gilberto. The most popular one is of course Garota de Ipanoema (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJzBxJ8ExRk) here played by both de Moraes and Jobim.

MoonCat
2012-10-09, 06:22 PM
Interesting. It seems my parents are entertained by me leaping out of my chair and shouting BOOYAH BITCHES before doing a victory dance and settling back into my seat.

LaZodiac
2012-10-09, 06:24 PM
Crit all the things!

Teddy
2012-10-14, 10:06 AM
On one hand, my fingers are itching to let Elden step in and make sense out of the situation. On the other hand, it's nice to see the others interact with eachother without Elden's constant meddling to preserve the status quo...

Still reading the Elven spoilers, however.

LaZodiac
2012-10-14, 10:07 AM
Don't worry, you'll be back soon enough :smalltongue:

MoonCat
2012-10-14, 06:33 PM
Okay, in order to properly role=play IC, can I at least OOC know what the heck's going on? Or did this happen in spoiler boxes or something? I'm really, really confused.

LaZodiac
2012-10-14, 06:35 PM
What happened, happened in the spoiler boxes when Carric and Adalhard where in the inn alone. I am not at liberty to tell you, sorry. You'll just have to ask in character (as you did).

AsteriskAmp
2012-10-14, 06:48 PM
Okay, in order to properly role=play IC, can I at least OOC know what the heck's going on? Or did this happen in spoiler boxes or something? I'm really, really confused.How is proper role-playing a given situation related to extraneous knowledge to this one?

MoonCat
2012-10-14, 09:34 PM
I just wanted to know if it was in spoiler boxes, in which case it's fine with me not to know, or whether it was me IRL spacing out, in which case I'd want to get myself up to speed before I'd play Bast in any way.

LaZodiac
2012-10-14, 09:38 PM
I just wanted to know if it was in spoiler boxes, in which case it's fine with me not to know, or whether it was me IRL spacing out, in which case I'd want to get myself up to speed before I'd play Bast in any way.

Aaah. Yha, it's in the spoiler boxes, as I said :smallwink:

MoonCat
2012-10-15, 12:53 AM
In advance, may be having time-shenanigans tomorrow, as I have to go to be,d since it's 11 on a school night and I really shouldn't be up at all.

EDIT: Actually, can I make a request that we don't leave the area until I get back onliine tomorrow and get in whatever words I need to? I'd really apreciate it, but y'all don't have to, of course.

Teddy
2012-10-15, 04:18 AM
Don't worry, Elden has a few words to say as well. We probably won't be leaving until tonight or tomorrow evening, my time.

Teddy
2012-10-17, 07:19 AM
Psst! I think we can move on now...
:smallwink:

LaZodiac
2012-10-17, 08:28 AM
Psst! I think we can move on now...
:smallwink:

I was under the impression Moony want to get one last word in edge wise :smallwink:

MoonCat
2012-10-17, 09:19 AM
Hmm? Nope, I'm good.

LaZodiac
2012-10-17, 09:20 AM
Ok, understood!

MoonCat
2012-10-17, 11:08 PM
Sooo... LaLa, am I allowed to freely talk OOC about the thing Bast figured out about Felix? Or is that still under wraps in case someone is very, very, very oblivious?

LaZodiac
2012-10-17, 11:09 PM
Naw, you can talk about it all you want :smallwink: