PDA

View Full Version : You know what we haven't seen in a while?

theinsulabot
2012-07-29, 06:47 AM
Thor's Might. Tell me this wouldn't be an awesome moment for Durkon to go giant form and start walloping the linear guild while they are still stumbling around after the Holy Word spell

Emperordaniel
2012-07-29, 08:04 AM
Methinks it would be rather hard for Durkon to go all Thor's Might in what seems to me to be a rather low hallway... you're right, it would be awesome though. :smallsmile:

Shred-Bot
2012-07-29, 09:45 AM
Thor's Might makes him, what, 15 feet tall? I think Hinjo mentioned that height in one comic (though in fairness he did not pull out the +5 Holy Tape Measure of Lengthening, so his figure could be a bit off). Judging by the door slamming in Malack and Qarr's face, I would put the corridor's ceiling height at 8-10 feet. So probably no Thor's might unless/until they get to a room with a higher ceiling.

Besides, Durkon can't have all the fun, though it would be badass were he to solo the LG minus Malack. Haley, Roy, and Belkar (and I suppose Elan, unless his job is once again "Try, try, try, try not to get too much in anyone's way," in which case he is succeeding marvelously so far) need to get in on the action too.

theinsulabot
2012-07-29, 10:48 AM
actually, checking out the description of enlarge person and righteous might, which Thor's might basically seems to be a close derivation thereof, becoming to tall for the room actually doesn't seem like that big a deal. you get a roll to see if you go through the ceiling, and if you don't, that's kind of it, you dont go through the ceiling. no damage for cracking your head onto it, no penalties to rolls.

doesn't seem like that big a deal, I guess you just duck your head and sweep horizontally, even assuming the ceiling is actually low enough.

Edit: actually, it might just mean you grow to the maximum convenient size, depending on what "you are constrained means"

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/righteousMight.htm

zimmerwald1915
2012-07-29, 10:59 AM
Edit: actually, it might just mean you grow to the maximum convenient size, depending on what "you are constrained means"
In that very paragraph, the spell description says you grow to the "maximum possible size". If you don't burst your enclosure, you would still be enlarged, and you'd take no damage, but you'd have to contort your body to the limits of your enclosure. You might have to curl up in a ball or, in the case of this hallway, stoop. Not that doing so would impede your combat effectiveness at all.

Actually, that's as good a reason as any for The Giant to have Durkon use Thor's Might at this point. Besides enabling him to indulge in further Durkon-badassery, and being consistent with Durkon's combat strategies, it allows a joke at the expense of Righteous Might in the vein of Hinjo's during the Battle of Azure City, one that I don't believe has been made before. We all know the point of the comic's long moved past spoofing the 3.5 rules, but the opportunity for a joke is there.

Shred-Bot
2012-07-29, 11:14 AM
Hmmmmmm... that's a good point. Though if he did make the roll to break through the ceiling, would he be taking falling rubble damage?

Actually, if it hit him, it would probably hit the LG as well. You've converted me... if Durkon grew huge, broke the ceiling, dropped a bunch of rubble on everyone, and then started walloping everyone while they are still stumbling around? Sign me up for that!

Though I still expect that he won't be doing the whole thing himself. Belkar will want to stab something, after all.

Farix
2012-07-29, 12:31 PM
While it would be cool to watch certainly, lumbering around as a giant in a trap filled hallway doesn't seem particularly wise.

SoC175
2012-07-31, 05:05 PM
Not that doing so would impede your combat effectiveness at all.Actually it would: -4 to attack rolls and AC

See squeezing (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/movementPositionAndDistance.htm)

Dr.Epic
2012-07-31, 05:06 PM
I'd rather see Chris Hemsworth show up.

Gift Jeraff
2012-07-31, 08:47 PM
I'd love to see a Thor's Might-ed Durkon use his hammer to make some freshly squeezed Brainy Tarquin juice.

coineineagh
2012-07-31, 09:12 PM
he did not pull out the +5 Holy Tape Measure of Lengthening

You do not pull out the +5 Holy Tape Measure of Lengthening, you whip it out.
But I think the size of his manhood is the last thing on Durkon's mind when he casts the spell.

To measure how tall he is, he'd need the +5 Holy Tape Measure of Heightening

Caivs
2012-07-31, 10:52 PM
But I think the size of his manhood is the last thing on Durkon's mind when he casts the spell.

I now have a few concerns about Thor's Might I didn't have before.

Emperordaniel
2012-08-01, 09:44 AM

:eek:

Does anyone around here have some brain bleach?

the_tick_rules
2012-08-01, 12:22 PM
Thor's Might. Tell me this wouldn't be an awesome moment for Durkon to go giant form and start walloping the linear guild while they are still stumbling around after the Holy Word spell

Thor is too busy drinking to respond.

oppyu
2012-08-01, 12:45 PM

I'd love to see a Thor's Might-ed Durkon use his hammer to make some freshly squeezed Brainy Tarquin juice.

I have to say, I did not expect to picture a giant Durkon using his giant 'hammer' as a club today. In fact, I did not expect to be picturing giant Durkon 'hammer' at all. :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

RMS Oceanic
2012-08-01, 01:30 PM
I was hoping it would come up in another Cleric v Cleric fight.

Malack: Slay Living!
Durkon: Made mah savin' throw. Thor's Might!
Malack: Made my sav- wait, what?
*Malack gets smashed* :smallbiggrin:

Of course this scenario may not come about even if Malack's involvement is revealed.

Mike Havran
2012-08-01, 05:30 PM
:eek:

Does anyone around here have some brain bleach?

By asking this question, you just increased the demand for it.

:smallfrown: