PDA

View Full Version : Creating an LoK Elemental Bender?

Raenir Salazar
2012-07-29, 12:41 PM
Hi, in a possible upcoming campaign I am thinking of playing some sort of either martial arts or elemental magic sort of user, with an emphasis/focus on crowd control/manipulating the terrain as a weapon.

I took a look at Blood line sorceror (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/classes/sorcerer.html) and it didn't look like it very accurately reflected a particular type of bender.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking multiclassing Monk/Sorceror and while focusing on fire stuff and then grabbing elemental substitution looks fairly close I am just wondering if there's a better option.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-07-29, 12:45 PM
If you are open to use 3.5 sources a Tashalastorra monk/pyschic warrior with the Mantled warrior ACF and selecting an elemental mantle might work.

OTOH there is a pretty neat d20 Avatar system which has classes for all type of benders so you might want to check that.

Uhtred
2012-07-29, 09:41 PM
I had a DM that let me be a Wu Jen fluffed out as an Earthbender. I took the Explosive Spell metamagic feat, then Energy Substitution, but he let me pick (Earth) as my elemental type. It meant that instead of dealing an energy type like fire or acid, it was essentially raw damage that counted as magic. He also refluffed a number of Races of Stone enemies to be resistant to Earth damage and sprinkled them through the campaign. Wu Jen have a bunch of fun elemental spells, and you can always supplement with sorcerer-wizard spells of the same energy subtype.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-07-29, 10:02 PM
I shall graciously give thee my knowledge. (http://www.brainmurk.com/kasan/Avatar_RPG.pdf)

For five bucks. That's right, fork it over. :smalltongue:

Madara
2012-07-29, 10:11 PM
Well, the best I can suggest (Which won't be in total LoK style)

go with a druid, get the ACF Elemental Companion, and use your many, many, many elemental spells. Make sure to refluff things like entangle.

Feralventas
2012-07-29, 11:01 PM
The Elementalist Wizard options from the APG would have been a better bet, I think, for what you're going for, but that's just for PF fluff.

Look into the Pyrokineticist from either Expanded Psionics or the PF psionics options. It gets you the ability to hurl fire around in bursts, whips, or cover your body in the stuff for melee combat. Add in some Unarmed Striking class (Monk or one of the fighter/barbarian variants, maybe swordsage if allowed) and either a level dip into a psionic class, psionic feat, or psionic race to get the Power Point requirement.

For water, switch to Bludgeoning damage instead of Fire. Maybe the same for Air, or maybe slashing. Bludgeoning or Acid for earth. Or just keep the energy damage and stick to the standard water/cold, fire/fire, earth/acid, air/lightning.