PDA

View Full Version : [M&M 3e] New Seattle Adventures Game 1

rorikdude12
2012-07-29, 01:49 PM
You find yourselves in the conference room of LumaCorp international for various reasons relating to selling your services and technologies for their security and R&D departments respectively. Their CEOis sitting with you in front of the round table all of you are seated next to.

"So... $100,000 per year, a signing bonus of one million in gold, and health insurance for humans in the job, along with legal papers for the... foreigners. How does that sound?"

greenpotato
2012-07-29, 10:43 PM
"If we could go over what is expected of me once again?" Says the huge bug-man that had introduced himself as Evruaten.

Haruspex_Pariah
2012-07-30, 12:12 AM
"Sounds like I can quit my day job," says Justice Fist. He glances a few times at the aliens in the room, but says nothing further.

rorikdude12
2012-07-30, 09:22 AM
"If we could go over what is expected of me once again?" Says the huge bug-man that had introduced himself as Evruaten.

Of course. We will borrow your technology and copy it in our research department. You are expected to help to some degree if you can. We will also study your body and use you in our security division.

DukeGod
2012-07-30, 09:30 AM
"It seems good, but, my mech, it's not entirely technological. It's a hybrid between technology and magic actually...would that even be copyable?"

rorikdude12
2012-07-30, 09:44 AM
"We have a few mages around, so we can train more. Yes, your mech will be very useful."

Prophet_of_Io
2012-07-30, 12:06 PM
Bugs and monks and freaks eh? Simon, Cyphon, looked around the table. He wasn't sure why he was here but that was common in his life. Best to just 'play the game'. He'll know what he needs to when he needs to.

Well no one these days can argue with that kind of money. How do those of us without alien tech or a giant robot help?

rorikdude12
2012-07-30, 02:13 PM
Bugs and monks and freaks eh? Simon, Cyphon, looked around the table. He wasn't sure why he was here but that was common in his life. Best to just 'play the game'. He'll know what he needs to when he needs to.

Well no one these days can argue with that kind of money. How do those of us without alien tech or a giant robot help?

Your character was sent here by the Consulate to investigate, find out the company's goals, and eliminate their super-tech and magic personnel and technologies.

"We'll be taking blood and tissue samples from you, along with brain scans and magical scanning. Oh, and we'll probably do some other things, and you work for us as security."

ChaosLord29
2012-07-31, 12:22 PM
Rak'ator stands in full battle regalia, with his arms crossed in front of him, listening him speak about contracts and tests and experiments. His visor is closed and his features are impossible to read at the moment, but his body language is not particularly friendly as he drums the fingers inside his armored gauntlet against his arm.

"I am afraid I must decline." the powered armor alien remarks, as he begins to turn and leave for the door.

He did not come here to be bound up in such petty and trivial legal matters, nor to be used as the tool for another groups success in matters of trade and commerce.

rorikdude12
2012-07-31, 01:19 PM
Rak'ator stands in full battle regalia, with his arms crossed in front of him, listening him speak about contracts and tests and experiments. His visor is closed and his features are impossible to read at the moment, but his body language is not particularly friendly as he drums the fingers inside his armored gauntlet against his arm.

"I am afraid I must decline." the powered armor alien remarks, as he begins to turn and leave for the door.

He did not come here to be bound up in such petty and trivial legal matters, nor to be used as the tool for another groups success in matters of trade and commerce.

Rak'ator exits the room. He walks into the lobby.

The lobby of the LumaCorp building is ornately decorated, with marble pillars, beautiful flowers, and other such niceties. The flowers do not seem artificial, and some do not look like terrestrial species.

There are many people in business suits walking around, as well as some in body armor carrying holstered weapons.

DukeGod
2012-07-31, 02:56 PM
"Well, alright then..."

Amaterasu was intelligent but not particularly wise.

So, he picks up a pen and signs his contract.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-07-31, 04:14 PM
Simon paid little attention to the alien leaving the room, he'd look into him later. Meantime this was his assignment. He did however use the diversion to sneak a peak at his new ID, courtesy of the Consulate. Tom Schmitt. Heh. Who comes up with this stuff?

Well, long as I get paid, I'm happy to help

Signed and noted, Tom Schmitt. Born February 27th. Bank account info... Well that wouldn't matter, this was a cash agreement. It's cleaner that way.

rorikdude12
2012-07-31, 05:11 PM
"But what of the monk and the good doctor?", the businessman says.

greenpotato
2012-07-31, 05:27 PM
"I will sign" says the giant beetle before clutching the pen in two huge fingers and making a large X on the sheet.

rorikdude12
2012-07-31, 05:40 PM
"I will sign" says the giant beetle before clutching the pen in two huge fingers and making a large X on the sheet.

The man in the suit smiles, then looks expectantly at the monk.

Haruspex_Pariah
2012-07-31, 08:49 PM
"Alright, I agree to the terms."

Justice Fist picks up the pen and signs. James Malang, written as stylishly as possible.

rorikdude12
2012-07-31, 09:11 PM
The man smiles.

"Well then, it seems as though we are in order. It's time for bodily examinations."

Some men in labcoats bring you through various brain and full-body scans. They also confiscate all equipment, which as to be given back later. You are then shown to your various private rooms (think 4.5-Star hotel) in Employee Housing and the money transferred to private bank accounts in the Cayman Islands.

A butler comes in and visits each of you.
"The employee lounge is downstairs. Meals are served at 7 am, 12 pm, and 6 pm respectively. You have weekends off, and today is Friday. There is a monthly cocktail party in one hour for employee orientation and socialization. We at LumaCorp enjoy our workplace, and hope you'll call it home as we do."

Haruspex_Pariah
2012-08-01, 08:39 AM
Justice Fist wrestles with the idea of socializing; one of the things he missed about the school is how people kept to themselves by default. But things were different now, and he needed to understand what he had gotten himself into.

Now that he had time to consider it, he was being well paid, perhaps a little too well. This LumaCorp would certainly want services of equal value, and maybe the fellow attendees of the function would know something off the record so to speak.

He cleans up as best he can and decides to attend the cocktail party.

I hope I'm not jumping ahead here guys.

rorikdude12
2012-08-02, 06:52 AM
OOC
Nobody else is interested, so I guess no roleplaying scene.

You go through the party. You learn several things.

The security team job is often used for offense incorporate and governmnt espionage
The company robs armories and research bases from the government
LumaCorp is filthy rich from investments into gold that back up it's research
LumaCorp has five branches: R&D, Testing, Security, Observation, and Training
LumaCorp has damn good cocktail parties. Enough said. :smallwink:

rorikdude12
2012-08-02, 07:00 AM
All of you wake up in your rooms to the sound of ringing alarms.

"GOVERNMENT BREACH! GOVERNMENT BREACH! ALL SECURITY IS TO REPORT TO THE EMPLOYEE LOUNGE FOR IMMEDIATE ARMING!!"

greenpotato
2012-08-02, 09:03 AM
The Doctor bursts from his room and thumps down the hallway to the employee lounge. His drones pour out of the cracks in his carapace as he moves and they begin to buzz around him.

Haruspex_Pariah
2012-08-02, 09:16 AM
"I knew the pay was too good," muttered Justice Fist irritably as the alarms tore him from sleep. Clenching his fist, he focuses his mind so that he can summon his full strength for whatever lies ahead.

Having prepared himself, he sprints out the door and towards the employee lounge.

DukeGod
2012-08-02, 11:07 AM
Amaterasu...pretty much stumbles to the employee hall, a white siberian cat to his side

Still in his pajamas, he messes a bit with his watch before the small humanoid armor finds its way to him and quickly enters it

No time to activate its giant size right now...

rorikdude12
2012-08-02, 11:40 AM
There are about 165 other security personnel present. All of you are given an Assault Rifle and a Heavy Pistol, along with 3 flash-bangs. Those that are not wearing armor are given Bulletproof Vests.

A security higher-up speaks over the intercom.
"We have a breach by government personnel. Expect CIA-level training. They do not have a warrant. I repeat, this is an unlicensed raid by paramilitary personnel. Watch for abnormal tech or abilities."

A butler motions to the Doctor, James, and Amaterasu.

"Deal with the west corridor. Work your way from there."

Prophet_of_Io
2012-08-02, 02:07 PM
Cyphon awoke in his room to alarms blasting.

Damn. He slept through the cocktail party. That wasn't good. People needed to get used to seeing him around. Better get up.

He quickly put on his costume, without the gloves, and stepped outside, the other three had been given directions by the time he arrived.

Looks like panic. This could be good. This could indeed.

greenpotato
2012-08-02, 06:26 PM
The doctor begins to move towards the west corridor. "If you would be willing to accept my help I can bolster your armour" He says to his two co-workers as more of the tiny insects pour out of him and buzz around.

If they say yes the swarm buffs their toughness by up to 10 ( keeping in mind PL limits max of combine dodge + toughness at 20 ) as long as they remain within 60ft of him

DukeGod
2012-08-02, 06:29 PM
"Don't bother with mine"

He starts to walk towards the so called corridor

Sliding playes remove the armor from his left arm

"Anyone knows what he meant? What is CIA-level training? And unusual skills and abilities?"

greenpotato
2012-08-02, 06:40 PM
I think CIA is a rival kingdom and they seek the lands of the Lord we just signed vassalage to

Haruspex_Pariah
2012-08-03, 01:36 AM
"No offense Doctor, but I'm not accustomed to armor."

That much was true, though he was also uncomfortable with the idea of wearing a swarm of insects.

But it felt rude to refuse the equipment given by the employers so Justice Fist tied the bulletproof vest around his waist and kept the flash-bangs on hand (he understood how they worked, more or less). As for the guns, well they could be used to distract enemies or something so he slung them over his back.

"What he means is that our opponents may not be normal humans." Justice Fist looks at the giant bug-alien and the mecha kid. "But then again, neither are we."

DukeGod
2012-08-03, 11:46 AM
"I know what he meant but how am I supposed to know what kind of training the CIA has?"

Amatearsu is carrying most of the equipment given to him in several parts of the body. But he didn't really knew how to use most of it so he'd trust his own weapons when it came to that

rorikdude12
2012-08-03, 09:34 PM
You folk reach the west corridor.

There seem to be armed hostiles, with business suits worn under what seem to be bulletproof vests.

They are also donning combat boots, sunglasses, and black bluetooth headsets.

They have high-caliber handguns.

Here's a map. https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1eQUquS9FvBBVJAMUvEHWy7AYUlVBgYVA_bzhxr5XrBw/edit

[roll0]

Roll Initiative. :smallcool:

Haruspex_Pariah
2012-08-04, 01:02 AM
Initiative

[roll0]

Prophet_of_Io
2012-08-04, 01:19 PM
Cyphone had heard over the loudspeakers.

Breach by government personnel without a warrant? Maybe they don't trust you enough.

First things first, I've got to find my grounding. Where am I?

rorikdude12
2012-08-04, 01:42 PM
Cyphone had heard over the loudspeakers.

Breach by government personnel without a warrant? Maybe they don't trust you enough.

First things first, I've got to find my grounding. Where am I?

Cyphon is in a hallway with virtually nobody. It seems like hey manned battle stations or something. The hallway is part of a residential complex for LumaCorp employees.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-08-04, 02:11 PM
Guess it's time to do some snooping.

Cyphon started towards the residential area, being as discreet as possible. He went to each of the doors in turn giving in giving it a gentle turn to see if it would open, if it did he went inside and tried to look for useful information but not disturb anything. When he came to one that didn't he'd move on.

rorikdude12
2012-08-04, 03:34 PM
Guess it's time to do some snooping.

Cyphon started towards the residential area, being as discreet as possible. He went to each of the doors in turn giving in giving it a gentle turn to see if it would open, if it did he went inside and tried to look for useful information but not disturb anything. When he came to one that didn't he'd move on.

Cyphon found several things.

1. LumaCorp has been hit by over 15 raids like this in the past year
2. LumaCorp has better mages and scientists than the Consulate.
3. From searching the room of the security head, you know that LumaCorp is planning a strike on both the Consulate and the White House.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-08-04, 05:59 PM
Most of this was mundane, important overall, but mundane.

Until the security head's room.

The consolate and the white house?! (*bleep*) this ones pretty deep

This ones important. Probably made my night. Now I need to make a scene. Time to find someone to save.

Cyphon headed out, now looking for part of the action. Preferably with witnesses.

rorikdude12
2012-08-05, 08:11 AM
Most of this was mundane, important overall, but mundane.

Until the security head's room.

The consolate and the white house?! (*bleep*) this ones pretty deep

This ones important. Probably made my night. Now I need to make a scene. Time to find someone to save.

Cyphon headed out, now looking for part of the action. Preferably with witnesses.

There's sounds of gunfire all around. You could probably find a firefight near the elevators, or down one of the corridors. (West, East, or North.)

Prophet_of_Io
2012-08-05, 01:09 PM
Manifest destiny.

Cyphon heads off west

rorikdude12
2012-08-05, 01:32 PM
Manifest destiny.

Cyphon heads off west

Cyphon sees those folks from the meeting with that CEO guy where they were recruited. He also sees some suits that seem to be hostiles. Roll initiative.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-08-05, 02:35 PM
Hahahha! Some luck huh? Couldn't be more perfect.

[roll0]

greenpotato
2012-08-05, 09:15 PM
Is initiative just dex bonus?

rolling: [roll0]

Edit: ah, it's agility? well then my roll is a 10

DukeGod
2012-08-05, 09:32 PM
Upon seeing the men Amaterasu prepares for the battle ahead...hiding in a corner

"Anyone here needs time to prepare anything?"

Agility actually
[roll0]

rorikdude12
2012-08-06, 07:56 AM
Initiative is

Hostiles
The Good Doctor
Amaterasu
James Malang
Cyphon

rorikdude12
2012-08-06, 08:02 AM
Two of the hostiles begin firing their pistols at Amaterasu and Evruaten.

[roll0] to hit vs Ameratsu's dodge defense
[roll1] to hit vs Evruaten's dodge defense

Toughness DC is 19

greenpotato
2012-08-07, 07:34 PM
He easily hits the big doctors dodge deference of 2 but does he pierce the thick carapace? [roll0]

In retaliation Evruaten uses his swarm to try and envelope the men in sticky resin. DC 20 fortitude Affliction Hindered>Immobile>Paralyzed targeting all hostiles within 60ft

DukeGod
2012-08-07, 09:25 PM
(Sorry, forgot I could still roll for Toughness >.<. Attack gets through my Dodge by 1)

Seeing the bullets heading his way, the boy quickly tries to get out of them but isn't fast enough to do so.
However, his armor/mecha combined an unnaturally tough skin make quite difficult to really damage him

[roll0]

Haruspex_Pariah
2012-08-08, 02:06 AM
James decides to stay put and throw a flash-bang, aiming behind the shooters so that his allies won't be caught in the blast.

Dazzle, DC 14 Fortitude Burst.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-08-08, 12:29 PM
Cyphon arrives to flash-bangs and open fire. Just what he was looking for.

Looks like you could use some help

He extends his arm, hand pointing at the head of the most removed armed hostile. A small dense black ball appears in the middle of his palm.

"Void"

The pull is almost immediate.

Not sure what, if anything, I need to roll cause I'm away from my PDF's right now. If I need a roll I'll do it in the OOC thread if thats cool. Otherwise Void is pretty simple. Limited telekinesis, pulling the Hostiles face towards my bare palm.

DukeGod
2012-08-08, 12:36 PM
With the bullet wound in him, Amaterasu winces but refrains from doing much more.

So, he runs towards the government agents. He didn't want to kill them but that wasn't entirely in his hands. He takes his sword out. The blade is quite clearly dull. But it's edge looks notheless wrong. A dark something. Unlife?

[roll0]
Weaken Constituiton, Fortitude DC 20 if it hit. Difference in the save is the amount of power points weakened from the trait

rorikdude12
2012-08-10, 09:54 PM
[roll0] vs flashbang

[roll1] vs sticky resin

[roll2] vs katana thing EDIT: Nvm, the katana missed anyway.

Io, I need the rolls done in the IC.

rorikdude12
2012-08-10, 09:59 PM
The hostiles are

Unhindered by the resin and

Dazzled by the flashbang.

Ameratsu stabs at one with the dull blade. He dodges expertly.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-08-11, 07:15 PM
I think it would be: [roll0] for moving the hostile with Void, and [roll1] to grab and hold onto him. This right?

rorikdude12
2012-08-12, 11:57 AM
Yep.

I can't edit the map yet though. Doing this from an iPad.

Cyphon
The man is pulled to you with the void, but he is agile enough to avoid your hand.

Two hostiles round the corner.

Three fire on Ameratsu, and one fires on Cyphon.

Vs Ameratsu
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Vs Cyphon
[roll3]

DC 19 toughness save for the bullets.

rorikdude12
2012-08-15, 04:09 AM
It is Evruaten's turn.

greenpotato
2012-08-15, 06:44 PM
The swarm of Evruatens drones enter a slashing flurry and attack all hostiles withing 60ft of him. DC 25 damage with the slashing descriptor

DukeGod
2012-08-15, 08:51 PM
(Just making my Toughness save)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Being kept under heavy fire, Amaterasu tries to find a way out of it, but he prepares for plan B. Plan B is not nice...

rorikdude12
2012-08-16, 12:51 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

The hostiles in suits get cut up quite a bit. Their business suits are in tatters, and they have many minor lacerations.

Haruspex_Pariah
2012-08-17, 08:32 PM
James moves towards the nearest enemy, and uses his Incomplete One Strike.

Close attack roll
[roll0]

If it hits, DC 22 Damage Linked to DC 17 (Fortitude) Weaken Stamina and DC 17 (Fortitude) Affliction (fatigued - exhausted - asleep).

Increase damage DC to 27 if critical hit.

rorikdude12
2012-08-17, 09:08 PM
Vs Damage [roll0]
Vs Weaken Stamina [roll1]
Vs Affliction [roll2]

James lands a good punch to the torso of the man, but it had little effect. The man grins in response.

Prophet_of_Io
2012-08-18, 08:05 AM
Cyphon takes James strike as an opportunity. That last bullet stung but he knew just the remedy.

Cyphons using Essense Drain!
[roll0] (I've been rolling this as a grapple check since it's touch based but if it's more like a touch attack it's an additional +7 to hit)

Also fortitude save
[roll1] EDIT-Whoops, toughness save not fort so it's 9 not 16, either ways a fail

rorikdude12
2012-08-18, 08:34 AM
Vs Essence Drain
[roll0]

The man in the suit falls down DEAD. His body seems DRAINED OF LIFE. He is DEAD.

Out of the three remaining hostiles, two run further west and one runs north.

rorikdude12
2012-08-23, 10:05 AM
Combat is over, nobody need act in initiative order.

Haruspex_Pariah
2012-08-23, 04:10 PM
James was unsettled by how his opponent shrugged off the punch. "Am I doing the right thing?" he whispers. Then he shakes himself. These things happen in combat, he can't let it faze him.

He looks down the hallways where the enemy had escaped.

"We were to handle the west," he says. He can't fail again. "So I'm heading west." James sprints in that direction, pumping himself up for a rematch.

greenpotato
2012-08-23, 08:30 PM
"Not so fast boy!" the big bug says as it stomps off after him

DukeGod
2012-08-23, 09:00 PM
"Wait, are you sure that's west?

Goes after both of them staying in their pace and speed

Prophet_of_Io
2012-08-23, 09:50 PM
Simon loved that feeling. The pull of the Essense, the twing of pain as his body shifts and squirms, not taking on his appearance, simply assuming his foes stature. Well, former stature in this case. Its a sick pleasure, one he knows he shouldn't enjoy, but we all have our dark desires.

Nnnng, you ever get tired of that?

Cyphon was pulled back in by.... Can't quite remember his name. Something with a J, spoke up. Suddenly everyone was running west.

Wait up! I'll help out too!

rorikdude12
2012-08-23, 09:51 PM
The one running reaches a window. He opens it up, and is about to jump out.

What do our heroes do?

Prophet_of_Io
2012-08-24, 11:47 PM
Ooohh, we got a jumper!

I got him. Cyphon announces as he quickly walks forward extending his hand as a concentration of dark energy amasses at it's center. "Void"

Pulling the jumper towards us
[roll0]

rorikdude12
2012-08-25, 09:54 AM
[roll0]

You pull the man swiftly to you.

"Damn it! The Codex isn't finished with you people! We WILL destroy LumaCorp!", the suit said.

DukeGod
2012-08-25, 10:31 AM
I just might be playing too much Fallout, but are we dealing with the Brotherhood of Steel or something like that?

"Are we capturing him? Awesome, I can make him stand still if you want"

Prophet_of_Io
2012-08-25, 10:48 PM
The Codex? Huh... Well at least it's not the consulate. Good news eh?

Felix approached the man.

You have exactly 15 seconds to talk before I drain you dryer than your limp friend around the corner. What is The Codex, and what do you have against LumaCorp?

Haruspex_Pariah
2012-08-27, 08:26 PM
James watches the...magic user? do his thing and stands ready in case the enemy does anything funny.

rorikdude12
2012-08-28, 08:35 AM
The man looks at Cyphon.

"I lived a poor life, and the prospect of hell no longer is something I fear. Do your worst."

DukeGod
2012-08-28, 03:17 PM
"Stop with the magic. This is LumaCorp, they might have technology to make him talk, and if they don't then I'm sure I can use their resources to create something of the like"

Amaterasu begins to think a bit

"If I can make something that will remove his behavioral filters,it's gonna make it so he can't be quite sure of what could be a bad idea and why he shouldn't tell us everything. But that might not be enough but I'm sure we can manage to apply some localized shocks to stimulate a couple of synapsis here and there that might solve that!"

He starts to smile at the science being created. The very notion that the man might just talk freely isn't even in his mind anymore. They were going to build the machine, everything else was uninportant

rorikdude12
2012-08-29, 02:34 PM
The man chuckles. He turns to Ameratsu and valiantly declares, "**** you."

He begins shouting, "Charlie lima echo alfa November uniform Papa!", and he falls dead as the last syllable drops off his lips and a bullet comes through the partially opened window.

DukeGod
2012-09-02, 11:30 AM
"Damnit!"

Trying to stop any further bullets, Amaterasu raises his ungloved hand in the direction of the window and approaches it, raising his AT Field

"What now?"

Haruspex_Pariah
2012-09-02, 10:59 PM
"Can anyone see the shooter?" asks James, ducking slightly. "Anyone near the windows could be in danger." He tries to peek out from as safe a position as possible.

rorikdude12
2012-09-03, 08:30 AM
"Can anyone see the shooter?" asks James, ducking slightly. "Anyone near the windows could be in danger." He tries to peek out from as safe a position as possible.

You see a man on a near by rooftop running off towards a helicopter that seems to be picking him up. He seems to have a weapon case big enough for a sniper rifle slung across his back.

rorikdude12
2012-09-10, 03:52 PM
Did you guys leave this to die? Anyone doing anything?

rorikdude12
2012-09-13, 04:45 PM
This game is no longer active. Please PM me if you would like to be active in the New Seattle adventures setting.