PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5 Event] "Dreams coming true..."

Lohj
2012-07-29, 03:23 PM
During the duration of a campaign, at random intervals (Basically whenever the DM feels like it), he can roll a d100. On the roll of a 100, during the next in game night, a Shooting Star shoots overhead of the realm in which the PC's are currently in. ANY creature that sees it immediately is granted a wish as the Limited Wish spell. This event can only take place once per campaign year.

__________________________________________________ _________________

If anyone gets the horror that can occur during this, I challenge you to pull this out immediately. No random roll. Just say, "A Shooting Star comets overhead. Make a wish." Watch the whole world change.
And watch the carnage start.

Pyromancer999
2012-07-29, 03:31 PM
During the duration of a campaign, at random intervals (Basically whenever the DM feels like it), he can roll a d100. On the roll of a 100, during the next in game night, a Shooting Star shoots overhead of the realm in which the PC's are currently in. ANY creature that sees it immediately is granted a wish as the Limited Wish spell. This event can only take place once per campaign year.

__________________________________________________ _________________

If anyone gets the horror that can occur during this, I challenge you to pull this out immediately. No random roll. Just say, "A Shooting Star comets overhead. Make a wish." Watch the whole world change.
And watch the carnage start.

Not really a good idea. One wish, even if limited, per year would just make for a mess of a campaign world, and not in a good way. Change it to mimicking a wish spell and make it an event that happens once per century, and this could make a good campaign seed.

Lohj
2012-07-29, 05:48 PM
Not really a good idea. One wish, even if limited, per year would just make for a mess of a campaign world, and not in a good way. Change it to mimicking a wish spell and make it an event that happens once per century, and this could make a good campaign seed.

I like your idea better. Maybe make it like:
A star crashes to earth, and the first creature to claim it immediately gains a single Limited Wish/Wish. And, yeah, once per century. Or something, cuz who really logs the timeline your in EXCEPT when it's having to do with someone's heritage. :smallbiggrin:
Hmm...
Going to add more soon.

Pyromancer999
2012-07-29, 06:40 PM
I like your idea better. Maybe make it like:
A star crashes to earth, and the first creature to claim it immediately gains a single Limited Wish/Wish. And, yeah, once per century. Or something, cuz who really logs the timeline your in EXCEPT when it's having to do with someone's heritage. :smallbiggrin:
Hmm...
Going to add more soon.

Yeah. Alternatively, it could be the first person in each town/region to see it. That way, a party could go around and try to deal with star-wish-related phenomena, to an end that you decide.