PDA

View Full Version : Was the Red Knight ever officially given stats?

Morithias
2012-07-29, 03:24 PM
Was the Faerun god "Red Knight" goddess of tactics ever given any official stats.

I'm just curious what kind of check to discover her truename (and therefore learn every army's tactics to easily take over the world) would be.

Was there ever any stats given in a faerun book, or a dragon magazine, or something published by WOTC?

Murg
2012-07-29, 04:45 PM
Her avatar was given stats in the 2e equivalent of Faiths and Pantheons, forget the name though.

But Wotc doesn't generally stat deities due to the old adage , "If you stat it they will kill it."

Morithias
2012-07-29, 05:01 PM
Her avatar was given stats in the 2e equivalent of Faiths and Pantheons, forget the name though.

But Wotc doesn't generally stat deities due to the old adage , "If you stat it they will kill it."

Hmmm in theory there ARE methods to update 2nd edition to 3rd edition. Which would give her HD and therefore the DC of truename discovery.

Then one just needs to jack truespeak high enough to command her, and then you can win any war assuming you have the resources.

Thank you.

Edit: Cursader 25, Fighter 21...huh

DC 15 + (46*2) to learn it. 107 check....ouch.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-07-29, 05:18 PM
I don't remember if faiths and pantheons had stats or not, but deities and demigods put virtually all gods at 20 outsider HD, plus 40 character levels. Putting any god at around cr50, minimum. This doesn't account for divine rank.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-07-29, 05:21 PM
I would say crusader 20/warblade 20/outsider 20.

Get all the White Raven maneuvers! Twice!

Morithias
2012-07-29, 05:32 PM
Or 15 + (2 * HD) "For creatures such as PCs that don't have Challenge Ratings"

I think that counts.

So if we use the basic DC of 135 I DO have the knowledge check.

Ranks: 13
Assembly: 10
Int: 6
Books: 1
Absentmind: 1
Master of knowledge: 1
Gnome Lore: 1
Breadth: 1
Tinker gnome: 2
Draconic invocation: 6
Ancestal speaker: 9
Guidance of the avatar: 20
Item of compendence: 30 (we have an artificer so she can afford it)
Various mods and spells (tomb of magic chart) 19
Roll 10: 10
= 130

So the level 10 gnome CAN make the check. The only question is how do I get my truespeak check to 135 so I can order her around?

Edit: Funny thing, the campaign the gnome was originally built for was a war campaign. God imagine knowing everything the enemy is going to do during one of those.

Edit 2: Wow...I missed the extra 5...crap..i'm in trouble..I guess I have to wait a few levels or find some more spells.

Marnath
2012-07-29, 06:26 PM
I don't really think you'll get much out of her unless you're prepared to defend yourself from Tempus. He's her patron and he probably would not be too happy about what you're planning to do.

Morithias
2012-07-29, 06:49 PM
I don't really think you'll get much out of her unless you're prepared to defend yourself from Tempus. He's her patron and he probably would not be too happy about what you're planning to do.

True, plus the DM would throw a book at me. This is more just theory testing. We don't play in forgotten realms so truenaming might not even work the same way.

The DM's campaign setting can be summed up as "everything exists", all gods, all races, all cultures, just separated into different material planes.

Anyways people, thanks for the help. I'm satisfied with what has been discovered and calculated. Thanks again!

The Glyphstone
2012-07-29, 06:55 PM
How are you commanding her to do anything, though? You can speak her True Name, but that doesn't innately give you any way to affect her...

Morithias
2012-07-29, 07:13 PM
How are you commanding her to do anything, though? You can speak her True Name, but that doesn't innately give you any way to affect her...

From Faiths and Pantheons.

"The Red Knight is described as looking to Tempus, the god who elevated her into godhood, as a father figure. As such, he is the only being who knows the Red Knight's true name, which would give any other being who learned it power over her, and insight into every strategy and every war plan throughout the planes."

I'm not really intending to use it. It's just kinda a nutty idea.

avr
2012-07-29, 07:30 PM
1st & second ed deities with class levels were more like some sort of 3.x gestalt character than like 3.x multiclassed characters. They had the best abilities of all their classes, but didn't add up attack bonuses or whatever.

The Glyphstone
2012-07-29, 07:32 PM
From Faiths and Pantheons.

"The Red Knight is described as looking to Tempus, the god who elevated her into godhood, as a father figure. As such, he is the only being who knows the Red Knight's true name, which would give any other being who learned it power over her, and insight into every strategy and every war plan throughout the planes."

I'm not really intending to use it. It's just kinda a nutty idea.

Ah, okay. I was looking over Tome of Magic and failing to find any way to let Truespeech control a god.

Morithias
2012-07-29, 07:32 PM
1st & second ed deities with class levels were more like some sort of 3.x gestalt character than like 3.x multiclassed characters. They had the best abilities of all their classes, but didn't add up attack bonuses or whatever.

I did not know that. I never played 2nd edition. I started on 3.5

Learn something new every day.

Ah, okay. I was looking over Tome of Magic and failing to find any way to let Truespeech control a god.

Yeah I'm kinda combining fluff and crunch. It's dangerous territory.

ThiagoMartell
2012-07-30, 12:32 AM
I did not know that. I never played 2nd edition. I started on 3.5

Learn something new every day.

That's how all multiclassing happened in 2nd edition, it's not something exclusive to the gods, btw