PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Help me equip my black knight

Human Paragon 3
2012-07-29, 03:56 PM
I feel like half the posts I make here lately are equipment advice threads. I really wish buying equipment wasn't such a pain in this game, but it is, and I want my character to be good, so here we go.

I am playing a black knight type character, by which I mean a dirty-fighting, armored guy. I haven't made any definite decisions about his gear except that I want heavy armor.

My build is Urban Ranger 4 / Sneak Attack Fighter 1 / Dread Commando 2

He is good at social skills, sneaking and standup combat, and I'd like equipment choices that help optimize those three things.

I have 28.5k to spend.

Thanks!

Ranting Fool
2012-07-29, 04:00 PM
Since I'm a bit of a monty python fan I'd say find an item that lets you use the knightly ability to fight even after -1 HP. Very much like a Dire Boar.

"It's just a flesh wound!"

Getting the Stealth enchant to armour is nice. Shadow, Improved. so you can sneak nicely in armour. Cloak of elven kind if they stack.

Gwendol
2012-07-29, 04:04 PM
Anklets of translocation are very handy.

Human Paragon 3
2012-07-29, 04:11 PM
I was kind of thinking about gaining blindsight somehow, and then busting out an eversmoking bottle and going to town on people, but I'm a little worried about clogging up my party with it.

That_guy_there
2012-07-29, 04:45 PM
the blindfold of true darkness from the Magic Item Compendium goves you 30ft blindsight (but you cannot use vision in any way when wearing it.) if you want to go that way.

edit: 9,000gp

Human Paragon 3
2012-07-29, 09:17 PM
I also accept suggestions on what to do with the build after I'm out of Dread Commando levels. I was thinking about going for avenging executioner, but I'm not married to it.

ThiagoMartell
2012-07-30, 02:31 AM
I was kind of thinking about gaining blindsight somehow, and then busting out an eversmoking bottle and going to town on people, but I'm a little worried about clogging up my party with it.

No, what you want is a Smoking weapon (from Lords of Darkness). You don't even need blindsight. Pierce Magical Concealment should work just fine and it also helps you fight other stuff.

Human Paragon 3
2012-07-30, 08:42 AM
That sounds promising. What's the equivalent enhancement value of a smoking weapon?

kitcik
2012-07-30, 08:44 AM
You need the Warning enchancement (+5 init) because Black Knights have first strike.

ThiagoMartell
2012-07-30, 08:47 AM
That sounds promising. What's the equivalent enhancement value of a smoking weapon?

A meager +1

Downysole
2012-07-30, 12:25 PM
Don't you lose some of your class abilities by going with heavy armor?