PDA

View Full Version : Hellfire Blast question.

Malak'ai
2012-07-30, 12:27 AM
Hey there Playground.
I was just reading up on the Hellfire Warlock on the Wizards site, and then I saw this
Hellfire Blast (Sp): Whenever you use your eldritch blast ability, you can change your eldritch blast into a hellfire blast. A hellfire blast deals your normal eldritch blast damage plus an extra 2d6 points of damage per class level. If your blast hits multiple targets (for example, the eldritch chain or eldritch cone blast shape invocations), each target takes the extra damage. This damage is not fire damage. Hellfire burns hotter than any normal fire, as described in the sidebar on page 119.

Each time you use this ability, you take 1 point of Constitution damage. Because the diabolical forces behind the power of hellfire demand part of your essence in exchange for this granted power, if you do not have a Constitution score or are somehow immune to Constitution damage, you cannot use this ability.

Now, I'm unsure about this. Is the ability damage you suffer permanent, or can you get it back via restoration spells and the likes?

VGLordR2
2012-07-30, 12:34 AM
It is not permanent. It is very popular to dip in Binder and bind Naberius, which will allow you to regain the lost Constitution almost immediately.

LanSlyde
2012-07-30, 12:35 AM
Pretty sure it can be restored, I have nothing to base this on besides the ACSD rule.

Psyren
2012-07-30, 12:39 AM
It functions like all other ability damage and can be removed by the same methods (including simple rest/convascelence.)

Malak'ai
2012-07-30, 12:42 AM
It is not permanent. It is very popular to dip in Binder and bind Naberius, which will allow you to regain the lost Constitution almost immediately.

I was looking to use it for a Warlock (starting level 3) that I hopefully will be playing when I get up into the higher levels. I'm very limited on books so I don't have access to the Binder and everything that goes with it. I also don't want to rely purely on online sources for the character.

EDIT:
Psyren
Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hellfire Blast question.
It functions like all other ability damage and can be removed by the same methods (including simple rest/convascelence.)
PF Psionics (WIP)|Psionic Tricks (by KA)|Psionics Rules Summary (by Peregrine)|Psion (by Saeomon)|[PF] Soulknife (WIP)|PF Changes (by Saph)|[PF] Vitalist|[3.5] Meditant|[3.5] Psychic Rogue|[PF] Archetype Combos (by Cieyrin)

So Lesser Restoration would work?

LanSlyde
2012-07-30, 12:50 AM
So Lesser Restoration would work?

Yes. I wish you luck.

Malak'ai
2012-07-30, 12:55 AM
Thank you everyone!
Hope I manage to actually get to play the character and last long enough to reach Hellfire status.

Tokiko Mima
2012-07-30, 01:55 AM
If you have access to the Magic Item Compendium, a Rod of Bodily Restoration or three is ideal. They are cheap, easy to use, and their charges refresh daily.

Malak'ai
2012-07-30, 01:57 AM
If you have access to the Magic Item Compendium, a Rod of Bodily Restoration or three is ideal. They are cheap, easy to use, and their charges refresh daily.

That's exactly what the plan was gunna be :smallwink:.

ThiagoMartell
2012-07-30, 02:03 AM
The class description itself says hellfire warlocks usually carry wands of lesser restoration with them, so I can't see how you had any doubts about that.

Malak'ai
2012-07-30, 02:15 AM
The class description itself says hellfire warlocks usually carry wands of lesser restoration with them, so I can't see how you had any doubts about that.

Just took another look, and yes, there it is, right there under Combat. D'oh! :smallredface:.