PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Hansel and Grendel[3.5]

SoliaTera
2012-07-30, 01:26 AM
Hello gaming community! Recently my players have encountered a place with some weird magic items and so i need and have come up with some and just need help stating them up and such so heres my ideas:

1. Candy House: basically i wanted the house to me small and fit for any creature up to medium and be able to be strapped to there back like a backpack. The effect i desire that with a command word it grows larger alot larger and can be eatin and allow the user to become larger size wise. itll have only a current number of charger per day to give such ability. Problems: Size of the house when grown, how long must they eat to gain effect(standard,move,full round) and how do i make it reusable seeing as there eating it.

2. Straw doll and spike and hammer: As the name states but it works like a voodoo doll with 5 spikes each one does a certain amount of damage. Problems: action cost to target a spefic creature for the target of item, the damage each spike does, how long it take to pull out a spike and what check should be used.

3.Braclet of nine summons: each summon is moderate on health not of them have about 35 hp but each have one speical abitly that makes them a good summon and they differ grealty in size, each summon can be used once per day. Problem: How long do the summons last

Downysole
2012-07-30, 12:16 PM
1. Candy House: basically i wanted the house to me small and fit for any creature up to medium and be able to be strapped to there back like a backpack. The effect i desire that with a command word it grows larger alot larger and can be eatin and allow the user to become larger size wise. itll have only a current number of charger per day to give such ability. Problems: Size of the house when grown, how long must they eat to gain effect(standard,move,full round) and how do i make it reusable seeing as there eating it.

I think you want an object that acts similar to a wand with a limited amount of charges. You have to break off a piece and eat it that round to have the enlarge person spell cast on you. Standard action would make sense. Once the house has been completely eaten, the item has no more charges.

2. Straw doll and spike and hammer: As the name states but it works like a voodoo doll with 5 spikes each one does a certain amount of damage. Problems: action cost to target a spefic creature for the target of item, the damage each spike does, how long it take to pull out a spike and what check should be used.

Typical lore indicates that you have to have part of the person as a part of the voodoo doll. I think this should be continued into the targeting of the doll. Would be useful against a recurring villain. I think that you should cause all of the spikes to disappear when they are used, so you only get 5 shots, but they each cause 2d6 damage if used individually, 3d6 if 2 are used, 4d6 plus sickened if 3 are used, 4d6 plus nauseated if 4 are used, and 4d6 and Bestow Curse if all 5 are used at once. Takes one standard action to apply one (or more) needle(s).

3.Braclet of nine summons: each summon is moderate on health not of them have about 35 hp but each have one speical abitly that makes them a good summon and they differ grealty in size, each summon can be used once per day. Problem: How long do the summons last

Pick a caster level for the item. Make all variable numeric effects match that caster level.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-07-30, 02:25 PM
I don't have any advice, but your title made me wonder, "Why is a little german boy travelling with Beowulf's enemy?"

SoliaTera
2012-07-30, 02:40 PM
I think you want an object that acts similar to a wand with a limited amount of charges. You have to break off a piece and eat it that round to have the enlarge person spell cast on you. Standard action would make sense. Once the house has been completely eaten, the item has no more charges.

Typical lore indicates that you have to have part of the person as a part of the voodoo doll. I think this should be continued into the targeting of the doll. Would be useful against a recurring villain. I think that you should cause all of the spikes to disappear when they are used, so you only get 5 shots, but they each cause 2d6 damage if used individually, 3d6 if 2 are used, 4d6 plus sickened if 3 are used, 4d6 plus nauseated if 4 are used, and 4d6 and Bestow Curse if all 5 are used at once. Takes one standard action to apply one (or more) needle(s).

Pick a caster level for the item. Make all variable numeric effects match that caster level.

What how big should the house be when it becomes enlarge as big as a large creatures and how long should the effect last

for the voodoo doll i wanted it to be very reusable and also i didnt want the shots to be reusable seeing as my pc wont be getting many magic items during the course of the campaign.

also could u give me an example of the third one

Downysole
2012-07-30, 05:33 PM
also could u give me an example of the third one

If you pick a level 9 caster level, the item will generate a spell that lasts for 9 rounds and can be summoned within 45 feet of the item.

You could also utilize the Augment Summoning Feat to beef up the monster a bit.

Nerd648
2012-07-30, 06:17 PM
May I please be your player? This sounds awesome.

For the house, how much would one have to consume to grow in size?
For the doll, I might have a Dex check to avoid stabbing oneself in the process of putting the nail in. Depending on the damage, you should determine the time.

Looks like you have a good plan.

SoliaTera
2012-07-30, 08:10 PM
if you want to yes lmao

For the House i will like suggested just make it like a wand with a certain amount of "bites" that can be taken before the house is gone but more so i need to see how big the house will be when it is expanded from its small size

SoliaTera
2012-07-31, 07:27 AM
bumy bump bump bump

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-07-31, 07:32 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1

(just don't want to see you get a please don't infraction)

Also, did you mean to type Grendel, or Gretel. Grendel being from Beowulf, Gretel being from the fable.

SoliaTera
2012-07-31, 09:44 AM
gretel and sry i didnt know

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-07-31, 10:09 AM
No worries. If you want to change the title of the thread, you can do so at the first post. :)

eggs
2012-07-31, 11:30 AM
Dang. I came to this thread expecting a "Hansel and Grendel" story. But it's still an excellent idea that I will be blatantly stealing in the near future. :smalltongue:

Toliudar
2012-07-31, 11:48 AM
I like the idea of gradually eating a candy house in order to gain magical benefits. While an Enlarge Person benefit is perfectly workable, you might also have fun with details: eat a sugar-pane window to gain some sort of vision effect, a piece of siding to gain Barkskin, etc. Harder to keep track of, but it could be simply 3-5 effects with, say, ten charges each. When there are no more windows, there are no more windows.

Is there a particular reason why the house needs to grow? Maybe the house shrinks down when they get it, and they don't know the magic to make it big again, but the bits can still be used even in "dollhouse" mode. It gets around the problem that the individual benefits of the non-reusable effects are nowhere near as good as being able to drop a candy house on someone. :smallbiggrin:

For the doll, the mechanic that Downysole suggested seems to match what you're after. If the spikes can each be used 1/day, then you've got an item that keeps working, but shouldn't get pulled out every fight.