PDA

View Full Version : Thrall of Demogorgon Build

hirojinbrodie
2012-07-30, 01:42 AM
Ok so I am running a kingdom killer campaign with definitive evil leanings. Any who, I who am always looking for new ways to confuse and control ("dance puppets dance") and was looking at thrall of demogorgon. I'm looking for character build ideas, ideally caster with quick 4 lvl dip. Also any rolplay applications for such a element would be more than welcome. The demogorgon and the conflict of the various powers in the abyss is a great reflection of the power struggles the players try to manipulate in the campaign, and I would love to add at least lesser elements of that conflict to my players list of people, organizations, and things to worry about.

Vashta
2012-07-30, 06:10 AM
Duskblade might be nice for the dual action.
duskblad4 Thrall of Demogorgon4 Duskblade11/12 or Fighter/Monk 1 would make a great fighting spellcaster. 12-16 attacks in around with 15-20 reach with the right weapons.
Damage would be good with Greater Mighty Wallop and some feats he could be a real destroyer.

On the other hand he won't have anything more powerful then disintegrate or harm. But being able to full channel harm over 12 attacks would end most fights.:smallamused:

Garwain
2012-07-30, 06:52 AM
4 levels of Mindbender (CA) gives you one eternal charmed creature. Entry with an Enchanter (UA social proficiency ACF). Focus on feats that enhance your caster level for early entrance or feats that raise the save DC of enchantments. Gives a nice 'puppetmaster' feel when you have a creature permantly charmed.

hirojinbrodie
2012-07-30, 11:36 AM
How would I go about getting into those setups. Like how many levels of this, how many levels of that. I want to get into each setups and the various prestige classes as soon as possible. Also, if anyone can comment on various ways to quickly get into thrall of demogorgon I am all ears.

IA: I believe the group is around forth level by now, so anything I bring in would be preferable to have at a level not too far off their abilities. That being said, however long it takes is however long it takes.

hirojinbrodie
2012-07-30, 11:50 AM
I like both of those ideas, specifically the enchanter which would seem to work well. Additionally, if anyone else has any other ideas concerning some of the other classes in BoVD, I am all ears. I know they are 3.0, and some suck, but their role playing potential is a lot of fun. Other ideas for new villains for the campaign would also be useful.
The campaign takes place in a mega metropolis, so unique characters on a large scale are essential.

Garwain
2012-07-31, 08:48 AM
I like both of those ideas, specifically the enchanter which would seem to work well.
social proficient enchanter 3/mindbender 4 with spellgifted (+1CL) trait
feats:
1. fey hertiage (+3 on will save against enchantments)
3. fey power (+1CL on enchantments)
6. mindsight

-> your villain can communicate telepatically within 100 feet and charm a large or smaller creature permanently.

other ideas to raise the caster level of the charm:
- TOUCH OF DISTRACTION [RESERVE] (CA p48): +1CL
- spell focus (enchantment): +1LC
- arcane thesis (charm) (phbII): +1CL
- Arcanist's Gloves, costs 500gp (MIC): +2CL

hirojinbrodie
2012-07-31, 03:48 PM
That should work. I try my best to try and bring unique experiences to them, so that the material they are witnessing is fresh, which increases interest, and of course the enjoyment of the session. Idk. Are there any other ways to implement the prestige classes in BoVD. Many of them seem rather steep in the requirements. Like I said, I really want to get the presence of the upper three demon lords, all of which have their own prestige classes.