PDA

View Full Version : [M&M 3e] New Seattle Adventures Game 2

rorikdude12
2012-07-30, 09:43 AM
You find yourselves in an alleyway. The government has Mr. Samedi in the point where he will either be Fury's handler or be incarcerated without trial for entering Area 51. You are surrounded by thugs.

"Mr Samedi, somebody is angry you've been prying. We're here to fix that."

Several crooks pull out guns.

Initiative for Thugs [roll0]

ROLL INITIATIVE

rorikdude12
2012-07-30, 09:46 AM
[roll0]

Rolling initiative again... :smallfrown:

Durksmurf
2012-07-30, 11:05 AM
Rollolololol

[roll0]

Elricaltovilla
2012-07-30, 11:10 AM
"You make it sound like this isn't Tuesday. Everybody's angry with me. Especially Colgate, ever since I broke the story about them using heavy water to make their baking soda into a mind control agent."

[roll0]

rorikdude12
2012-07-30, 11:50 AM
Initiative is

Fury > Thugs > Samedi

Durksmurf
2012-07-30, 01:33 PM
Twisting his body in a number of directions, Fury morphs his body into a giant wolf-like creature. Staring at the thugs, he lets out a bone chilling scream.

Demoralize the whole lot of minions [roll0]

For a picture of what Fury looks like normally, google a picture of "Carnage Marvel Comics"

rorikdude12
2012-07-30, 02:14 PM
The minions flee in terror. They exit into an adjacent apartment building. One fires off a volley of assault rifle fire from the doorway.

Map: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/12E1LXViPGaoq4UqFo0d6Or6n5dcuohr-jgSLjUG60HY/edit

rorikdude12
2012-07-30, 02:25 PM
Vs Dodge Defense for Fury
[roll0]
If it hits, it's toughness DC 20 to resist. Then increase the attack’s resistance check DC by +2 for two degrees of success, and +5 for three or more.

Durksmurf
2012-07-30, 02:30 PM
MissBananas

Elricaltovilla
2012-07-30, 02:37 PM
Mr. Sunday steps in front of FURY and glances over his shoulder at him.

"Impressive, but let me show you what I can do." Mr. Sunday says. He pulls a voodoo doll out of his tuxedo and pushes two pins into it. "Volonte ou se mwen ki bay lòd!" Mr. Sunday shouts.

Voodoo curse, Mind Control 3 on the thug in the doorway.
[roll0] to hit against Will Save
If it hits, Mr. Sunday will have the thug turn and shoot the other thugs hiding in the building.

Also, I google translated that spell. It's Hatian Creole, hope nobody gets offended.

rorikdude12
2012-07-30, 03:01 PM
I'm not offended. :smallamused:

The thug turns and shoots at his fleeing comrades.

To hit
[roll0]

Thug group toughness rolls, dc 20
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

rorikdude12
2012-07-30, 03:04 PM
The thugs keep their heads down as bullets ring out down the hall. You hear no cries of pain, and can assume he missed. You do hear cries of "TRAITOROUS BASTARD!!!", though.

Durksmurf
2012-07-30, 03:11 PM
Now that was mean. Says Fury as he remorphs into his normal form. During his remorphing, his fingers extend and twist around each other, turning into wicked looking blades. His hands then shoot forward, Furys arms stretching past limit to impale the man in the door way.

Form Blade; [roll0] vs parry on a hit toughness check DC is 25.

Durksmurf
2012-07-30, 03:16 PM
Ooh crit. I choose increased effect. (+5 to toughness DC)

rorikdude12
2012-07-30, 03:27 PM
[roll0]

The blade shoots out and impales the man through the lower torso. He gags and coughs up blood, but isn't dead yet.

He speaks, saying, "You bastards... you motherf****** bastards!!!"

Durksmurf
2012-07-30, 03:40 PM
OOCYa know he failed that check by more than ten?!

rorikdude12
2012-07-30, 03:43 PM
OOC
My bad, edited.

Elricaltovilla
2012-07-30, 04:58 PM
"Well since you went ahead and ruined my puppet, it might be in our best interest to retreat." Mr. Sunday says to FURY. "I'll see if I can set us up one last distraction while we get out of here."

Perception roll: [roll0] to find a loose piece of debris that Mr. Sunday can destroy to try and block the doorway into the apartment building that the thugs used, allowing him and FURY to escape.

Assuming the above can be completed: ranged attack [roll1] 6 DMG to whatever object Mr. Sunday finds.

Assuming perception roll reveals nothing: retreat to safer distance and activate Remote Senses to locate the hidden thugs.

rorikdude12
2012-07-31, 07:48 AM
Mr. Sunday shoves a pile of bricks and drywall to block the emergency fire door.

Elricaltovilla
2012-07-31, 11:03 AM
"Well that took longer than I thought. Should we get out of here FURY? I'd hate to have our location tracked because one of the thugs was wearing Dr. Scholls." Mr. Sunday said.

Durksmurf
2012-07-31, 03:39 PM
Ok. I'll make a door. Fury's hands shoot outand smash into the wall opposite the door the thugs went in.
Form Blade [roll0] for 10 damage on hit.

rorikdude12
2012-07-31, 04:22 PM
A large hole is broken in the brick wall to your left, exposing the inside of a coffee shop packed with really scared patrons most in business attire or standard "hipster" clothing.

Elricaltovilla
2012-07-31, 05:14 PM
Mr. Sunday points to the opening to the alleyway. "We already had an exit, but thanks." He steps through the hole that FURY made and looks around at the hipsters.

"I want to thank all of you for waiting here patiently for our performance piece." Mr. Sunday says to the crowd. "As you can see, 'Crumbling the Brick Wall' is an expression of the frustration found in the immasculated male of today's society. Each brick represents a barrier to the expression of the true man and my friend's destruction of the wall shows how we can pierce through these hinderances by supporting and utilizing the talents inherent in each of us."

Rene reaches down and picks up a few of the shattered bricks. "If you're at all interested in purchasing a reminder of our little show, there's a gallery down on NE Cherry Avenue over on Bainbridge Isle where a friend of mine sells some of our collected pieces. Remember to support your local businesses, buy whole foods, shower every day and if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with."

If you want me to call that a persuasion roll, here's that:
[roll0]

It probably won't work.

Durksmurf
2012-07-31, 05:35 PM
Resisting the urge for blood, Fury rushes through the coffee shop pushing the hipsters out of the way. I need some clothes. Fury says to Sunday as they exit the building.

rorikdude12
2012-07-31, 05:39 PM
The hipsters applaud joyously. The owner of the store seems furious but really scared. The folks in suits seem to be leaving this freaky place.

Elricaltovilla
2012-07-31, 05:45 PM
"Clothes? But Fury, you look so... yeah you need clothes." Mr. Sunday says. "Alright, lets take a look around. There's got to be a Salvation Army or something at least."

Durksmurf
2012-07-31, 06:38 PM
Fury glances around looking for a store.

Perception check, I'll use my routine one. If I see a store Fury says grab on to Samedi, he hopefully grabs on and Furys body stretchs to the store. Acrobatics:Leap power [roll0]. If none are around Fury says Hmm. Don't see anything.

rorikdude12
2012-07-31, 07:49 PM
Fury glances around looking for a store.

Perception check, I'll use my routine one. If I see a store Fury says grab on to Samedi, he hopefully grabs on and Furys body stretchs to the store. Acrobatics:Leap power [roll0]. If none are around Fury says Hmm. Don't see anything.

There are no clothing stores in the area, but there is a Goodwill across the street.

@Mr. Sunday, Fury gruffly says, "Grab on."

Elricaltovilla
2012-07-31, 08:20 PM
"I like you too, Fury. Just not in that way." Mr. Sunday laughs. "I'll just cross at the crosswalk."

Durksmurf
2012-08-01, 06:57 AM
Haha. Your a funny guy. Says FURY. He then attempts to leap as shown in last post to the Goodwill.

rorikdude12
2012-08-01, 08:40 AM
Haha. Your a funny guy. Says FURY. He then attempts to leap as shown in last post to the Goodwill.

You have succeeded. Mass hysteria ensues as those on the street and in parking lots nearby are panicking over "the leaping nudist."

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-01, 05:20 PM
Mr. Sunday decided it was nice that someone else was causing mass panic for a change. He waited paitently at the cross walk for the light to change and then crossed the street and entered the Goodwill.

rorikdude12
2012-08-01, 06:25 PM
Mr. Sunday decided it was nice that someone else was causing mass panic for a change. He waited paitently at the cross walk for the light to change and then crossed the street and entered the Goodwill.

Mr. Sunday enters the Goodwill. There are many sorts of used clothes, books, and appliances, and there is nothing over one hundred dollars except for a few old refrigerators and washing machines.

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-01, 07:04 PM
"Hello," Mr. Sunday said to the person standing behind the counter. "I have an... aquaintance who you might have noticed running around outside. He's currently wardrobe deficient and I'd like to rectify that. What do you have for sale that's 100% cotton, not denim and artificial dye free?"

rorikdude12
2012-08-01, 08:40 PM
The man looks at you quizzically.

He hands you a cotton T-shirt, and cotton sweatpants, along with some cotton socks.

The socks and sweatpants are dyed red and black respectively.

"I cannot deal with artificial dye, we take what we get, but this all together will be about twenty dollars."

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-01, 08:44 PM
"Well I'll take care of the dye when he and I get back to my place then." Mr. Sunday lays a twenty dollar bill on the counter.

"Hey Fury! put these on!" He calls to the naked mutant.

Durksmurf
2012-08-02, 05:23 PM
Fury walks in to the store, not suprised at all to see shock and fear on the store keepers face. He puts on the clothes and says, They had to be Red and Black, didn't they? with a grim face.

rorikdude12
2012-08-02, 05:39 PM
The shopkeep raises his eyebrows.

"I've seen stranger things..."

rorikdude12
2012-08-03, 07:20 AM
A cop barges in and points a finger at Fury.

"You are under arrest for disturbing the peace and destruction of property."

He points at Mr. Sunday.

"You will be taken in for questioning."

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-03, 03:27 PM
A cop barges in and points a finger at Fury.

"You are under arrest for disturbing the peace and destruction of property."

He points at Mr. Sunday.

"You will be taken in for questioning."

Mr. Sunday spreads his hands out wide to show he means no harm. "Now officer, I'm sure there's no reason for us to be taken in. We've done nothing really wrong, and I'm buying my friend some clothes so that he won't be wandering around the streets naked anymore. If there's a fine for his nudity I'll gladly pay it, but there shouldn't be any need to arrest anyone right?"

Durksmurf
2012-08-03, 08:23 PM
It was art not destruction. Vandalism at worst. Fury grumbles. Plus, the people in Washington would bust me out. .
. Not really trying, use my routine diplomacy.

rorikdude12
2012-08-03, 09:36 PM
The cop thinks for a bit.

"Fine. You're paying the $500 fine."

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-05, 12:32 PM
"Of course officer, do you take checks?" Mr. Sunday asked.

rorikdude12
2012-08-05, 01:36 PM
"Of course officer, do you take checks?" Mr. Sunday asked.

"Hell no."

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-05, 02:35 PM
"Well I'm going to have to go down to the station to pay tomorrow then. Just write me up the ticket and I'll take care of it." Mr. Sunday says to the rude police officer.

rorikdude12
2012-08-05, 05:07 PM
The officer hands you the ticket and goes on his way.

rorikdude12
2012-08-06, 08:04 AM
Soooooooo. What now? DO something.

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-06, 08:50 AM
"Well Fury, I think its about time we headed back to my little hideout. I've got a friend that might be willing to take care of this ticket for us." Mr. Sunday said to his new charge. "Looks like the government is going to have me as your handler after all."

A word of advice: If you're ever at a loss for what to do next, have a man enter the room with a gun.

Its a paraphrase of a quote from some "famous" author. But you're responsible for setting up the robberies and kidnappings and crazy supervillains for us aren't you? lol.

rorikdude12
2012-08-06, 09:50 AM
"Well Fury, I think its about time we headed back to my little hideout. I've got a friend that might be willing to take care of this ticket for us." Mr. Sunday said to his new charge. "Looks like the government is going to have me as your handler after all."

A word of advice: If you're ever at a loss for what to do next, have a man enter the room with a gun.

Its a paraphrase of a quote from some "famous" author. But you're responsible for setting up the robberies and kidnappings and crazy supervillains for us aren't you? lol.

On the way back to your "little hideout", you see a black sedan. It seems to be tailing you.

Durksmurf
2012-08-06, 04:29 PM
Fury glances at the sedan. There's a black sedan behind us. Gov't wouldn't tail us, or me this obvisiously. Shoot them. He doesn't seem to worried.

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-06, 09:19 PM
"Let them tail us a little while longer, I'd like to know who they are first." Mr. Sunday said. "Here, guide me for a bit, I'm going to take a look at them." Mr. Sunday's eyes suddenly go blank as he grabs Fury's hand.

Remote Sensing- Perception check inside the car.
Perception(visual and auditory)[roll0]
and Well Informed Investigation roll [roll1]
To eavesdrop on the conversation and determine what organization, if any, they are with.

Durksmurf
2012-08-07, 07:21 AM
Fury leads Samedi along like a puppet, whole heartily confused at what's going on.

rorikdude12
2012-08-07, 08:14 AM
"Let them tail us a little while longer, I'd like to know who they are first." Mr. Sunday said. "Here, guide me for a bit, I'm going to take a look at them." Mr. Sunday's eyes suddenly go blank as he grabs Fury's hand.

Remote Sensing- Perception check inside the car.
Perception(visual and auditory)[roll0]
and Well Informed Investigation roll [roll1]
To eavesdrop on the conversation and determine what organization, if any, they are with.

You see that these are the thugs you scared out of an alleyway.

"One of them seems in a trance or drunk or something."

"Those Codex dudes warned us about that. He must be sensing us or something. We need to shut up."

The car seems to be speeding towards you, probably trying to run you folk over. They seem to have mentioned the Ares Codex, a group of terrorists who are trying to expand their influence (or so you've heard).

To hit with vehicle: [roll0]
Toughness DC is 21

rorikdude12
2012-08-07, 08:19 AM
Oh, and initiative for the vehicle: [roll0]

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-07, 05:13 PM
Mr. Sunday snaps back to his body and turns to Fury. "They're with Ares Codex." He says to Fury. "Oh, and they're probably going to try and kill us now."

Initiative: [roll0]

Durksmurf
2012-08-07, 05:24 PM
Great. Someone I can kill.

initiative: [roll0]
Are we being run over?

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-07, 05:29 PM
Mr. Sunday steps between the car and Fury and chants out loud, "Se mwen menm kòm envulnerabl kòm kavo a se inevitab!" His body is surrounded by a silvery field of energy in the shape of a gravestone.

Activate forcefield power
Toughness roll: [roll0]
The hit should be automatic, because he's stepping into the path of the car.

Durksmurf
2012-08-08, 07:01 AM
On one of his arms Furys fingers extend and stretch, sharpening to points. His arm then strecthes out to the car hopefully breaking through the glass and hitting on of the men.

Form blade to break the glass of the front window and hit the guy. [roll0] vs dodge of the driver. On a hit toughness DC is [roll1].

rorikdude12
2012-08-10, 09:44 PM
The car crashes into Mr.Sunday, who is unharmed. However, the car has a large dent in the front.

Fury impales the driver.

[roll0]

rorikdude12
2012-08-10, 09:46 PM
The driver seems to have been stabbed near the shoulder, and hasn'ttaken any vital hits.

He pulls out a handgun and fires at Fury.

to hit [roll0]

Toughness DC 19 if it hits.

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-11, 05:08 PM
Mr. Sunday releases his force field and fires a blast of magical energy at the driver.

Ranged attack: [roll0]
On hit, toughness DC is [roll1] I think...

rorikdude12
2012-08-12, 11:59 AM
[roll0]

The blast hits the driver in the chest and it stuns him for a bit.

Durksmurf
2012-08-12, 09:05 PM
Check: [roll0]

The shot hits Fury causing a hole to appear in him.

Durksmurf
2012-08-12, 09:18 PM
Highly infuriated, Fury hands fly out at the man again aiming to kill. Form blade
[roll0] on a hit toughness dc is 25.

Soon, the blood on his body seeps in and Furys wound heals.

rorikdude12
2012-08-12, 09:49 PM
[roll0]

The man is dead, his torso filleted.

rorikdude12
2012-08-12, 09:51 PM
The other three men run away, one pulling out a cell phone as he does.

The car is trashed after ramming Mr. Sunday, and it lies there in a mangled wreck, with what is left of it's front smoking.

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-12, 09:59 PM
"I'm really tired of these guys running away. Has faceless goon training really gotten this piss-poor? You'd think crazy supervillains would want quality cannon-fodder, not these hopeless messes." Mr. Sunday waves a hand in the general direction of the fleeing men and turns the other way. "Let's get out of here before they decide to come back with a tank or something equally stupid."

rorikdude12
2012-08-15, 04:08 AM
Mr. Sunday and Fury go off to Mr. Sunday's apartment.

Feel free to describe it as you wish in your next post.

Durksmurf
2012-08-15, 04:14 PM
Pretty messy in here huh?

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-15, 10:26 PM
"Its not my fault that cleaning faeries turned out to be a myth." Mr. Sunday said.

The place was less a secret hideaway than it was a low rent apartment near a run down factory. Most of the tables, chairs and floorspace was covered with newspaper clippings, manila folders and dusty leather bound tomes. In the center of the main living room a pentacle was etched into the floorboards with a knife. Five black wax candles burned at each of the points of the pentacle.

"Well, this is home for now. There's an upstairs with two bedrooms, a kitchen and a bathroom. Knock yourself out."

Durksmurf
2012-08-18, 06:20 AM
Got any food. I need to eat. fury looks around at the manilla folders labeled confidential. They're big fat with papers sticking out. He picks it up.

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-22, 06:20 PM
"There's food in the fridge, I think." Mr. Sunday says. "I'd avoid looking at those confidential files though, some of them might have manila spiders hiding in there. They're mildly deadly if they bite you."

rorikdude12
2012-08-23, 08:16 AM
After eating and crashing and such, our heroes awake to the sound of someone knocking on the door...

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-24, 08:36 PM
"Oh crap! It's door trolls!" Mr. Sunday shouts as he's jolted awake by the sound. "Quick, get in the summoning circle. They're afraid of edgeless shapes."

He runs inside the pentacle carved into the wooden floor and starts chanting to himself.

rorikdude12
2012-08-25, 09:55 AM
The knocking appears again.

"Open up! It's the police!"

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-27, 01:29 PM
"This isn't the apartment building you're looking for!" Mr. Sunday shouts. He starts gathering together his magical energy, prepared to blast anyone that comes through the door.

rorikdude12
2012-08-28, 08:33 AM
"This isn't legally a residence. Please, DO NOT MAKE US COME IN! You have ten seconds to open the door."

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-28, 12:10 PM
"Well since you asked so nicely..." Mr. Sunday walks up to the door and puts the chain bolt in, then opens it as far as the chain will allow. "Badges."

Durksmurf
2012-08-29, 08:47 AM
Walking up to the door with his hat over his face Furry morphs his face into one with an over sized, anomorphic teeth, putting his face up to the door he removes his hat and hisses like a cat at the po-po.
intimidate: [roll0]

rorikdude12
2012-08-29, 02:26 PM
"Oh ****!", the policeman says as he displays his badge and sees Fury. "Please, cover that, man!"

rorikdude12
2012-08-30, 12:43 PM
The policeman runs away, scared out of his wits, shouting something about a court hearing and throwing an envelope in front of the door.

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-30, 02:45 PM
Mr. Sunday bends down and picks up the envelope. "You know, Fury, sometimes you can catch flies with honey too. Not really sure how that relates but my Gam-Gam used to tell me that." He opens the envelope and starts to peruse the contents.

rorikdude12
2012-08-31, 07:19 AM
The envelope seems to contain a court order due to somebody suing you for damage to their car.

Durksmurf
2012-08-31, 07:25 AM
Looking over Sunday's shoulder, fury saysWe should tail this guys representative. ]

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-31, 11:36 AM
"I'm all for hunting down lawyers. They're worse than most demons." Mr. Sunday replies. He takes a closer look at the court order. "Ah ha! There's a stain here, looks like coffee..."

Mr. Sunday is going to determine the location of the lawyer by licking the coffee stain to discern what brand it is and where it was sold.

Investigate: [roll0]

rorikdude12
2012-08-31, 04:17 PM
You can tell that it is a Starbucks Dark Roasted Espresso with Soy.

Elricaltovilla
2012-08-31, 06:08 PM
"Alight Fury, I think I've narrowed it down. There are 467 Starbucks in New Seattle, and 301 Law offices. Of these law offices only 54 are within two blocks of a Starbucks. Each of these Starbucks recieves its shipment of Soy Milk on a different day of the week, and since yesterday was the arrival date for only 12 of these Starbucks, we just have to look up which law offices near each of those Starbucks has lawyers that specialize in small claims automobile cases. Of which there are only three: Brumer and Brumer; Goldstien, Brubaker and Hennings; and Payne and Feer. We can hit all three of those law offices in a day if we start now, but we'll have to take the tram because... my car is in the shop." Clutching the court order tightly, Mr. Sunday rushes out the door.

rorikdude12
2012-09-01, 01:56 PM
You run up to the office of Brumer and Brumer. A secretary greets you.

"How may I help you, sir?"

Elricaltovilla
2012-09-02, 10:13 AM
"Yeah, are you trying to sue me?" Mr. Sunday asks the secretary.

rorikdude12
2012-09-02, 03:02 PM
"Yeah, are you trying to sue me?" Mr. Sunday asks the secretary.

"I don't believe I am, but my employers might be, sir. Your name?"

Elricaltovilla
2012-09-02, 07:35 PM
"I don't believe I am, but my employers might be, sir. Your name?"

"Well that's just the thing. See, I don't- as a rule- give out my name. To easy to end up getting hexed. But this little court order not only lists my name, it fails to list the name of the person filing suit and the name of the suing attourney. I believe this qualifies as a violation of my right to confront my accusers which is part of my 7th amendment rights." Mr. Sunday began.

"Since any law school dropout ought to know at least that much, I figure this must be something other than what it seems, an attempt to reach out to me for help perhaps? I'd like to speak with Mr. Brumer if he's in. Or Mr. Brumer if Mr. Brumer isn't available." The skull tattoo that covers Mr. Sunday's face stretches as he smiles.

rorikdude12
2012-09-02, 09:23 PM
"Well that's just the thing. See, I don't- as a rule- give out my name. To easy to end up getting hexed. But this little court order not only lists my name, it fails to list the name of the person filing suit and the name of the suing attourney. I believe this qualifies as a violation of my right to confront my accusers which is part of my 7th amendment rights." Mr. Sunday began.

"Since any law school dropout ought to know at least that much, I figure this must be something other than what it seems, an attempt to reach out to me for help perhaps? I'd like to speak with Mr. Brumer if he's in. Or Mr. Brumer if Mr. Brumer isn't available." The skull tattoo that covers Mr. Sunday's face stretches as he smiles.

What ho, Chaps? Mr. Brumer is here!", a jovial middle-aged man says as he bursts in the door. He shoves his cup of cofee next to the court order, revealing that the name of the person suing them (John Doe) and the name of the suing attorney (Mr. Edward Brumer) were written in invisible ink!

"Does that clear some things up for you, my newfound friend, henceforth known as Rene Samedi?"

Durksmurf
2012-09-06, 06:12 PM
I'm not one to talk, but how are you to aquanted? Fury says, staring down the Mr. Brumer. Word of warning though
, I have bigger claws, bigger muscles, and more connections than you. Don't pull anything.

rorikdude12
2012-09-07, 05:36 PM
I'm not one to talk, but how are you to aquanted? Fury says, staring down the Mr. Brumer. Word of warning though
, I have bigger claws, bigger muscles, and more connections than you. Don't pull anything.

Mr. Brumer now seems quite annoyed.

"Oh, this guy is a stickler when involving names. Word of warning: If you have connections, they're s***. And we have police for a reason, a******."

Elricaltovilla
2012-09-07, 06:22 PM
What ho, Chaps? Mr. Brumer is here!", a jovial middle-aged man says as he bursts in the door. He shoves his cup of cofee next to the court order, revealing that the name of the person suing them (John Doe) and the name of the suing attorney (Mr. Edward Brumer) were written in invisible ink!

"Does that clear some things up for you, my newfound friend, henceforth known as Rene Samedi?"

Rene put a calming hand on Fury's shoulder.

"Unfortunately, It doesn't really clear anything up for me Mr. Brumer. Invisible ink is one of those really tricky things in legal terms... it's like if I was to mind control you into dropping the lawsuit and forgetting everything related to it from now on. Nobody would really be able to say whether it actually happened or not. Just like if you write the name of the person who sued me in invisible ink, how would I be able to tell if that was really him?"

rorikdude12
2012-09-08, 07:24 AM
Rene put a calming hand on Fury's shoulder.

"Unfortunately, It doesn't really clear anything up for me Mr. Brumer. Invisible ink is one of those really tricky things in legal terms... it's like if I was to mind control you into dropping the lawsuit and forgetting everything related to it from now on. Nobody would really be able to say whether it actually happened or not. Just like if you write the name of the person who sued me in invisible ink, how would I be able to tell if that was really him?"

"Yep. It's not a legal court order. Neither was that police officer. In fact, nobody's actually suing you at all. This was, indeed, a trap."

Durksmurf
2012-09-08, 07:28 AM
Grumble grumble grumble.

rorikdude12
2012-09-08, 12:09 PM
"The Codex folks have the building surrounded, and five sniper teams on various rooftops, all with hollow-point rounds. Oh, and some with armor piercing. The police won't help you, they've been paid off to help us. So essentially, you can fight your way out, or you can turn over Fury and we kill him. Both will be fatal for at least one of you."

Elricaltovilla
2012-09-08, 08:24 PM
"Why would I fight my way out? I'm a peaceful man, Mr. Brumer. However, you have information in your posession. Information that isn't for people like you to know. I'm willing to give you a chance to back down, to call off the Codex and let everyone walk away without dying. If not, I will reach into your brain, and pull that information out, neuron by neuron, until you're no longer a threat to me." Mr. Sunday said.

rorikdude12
2012-09-09, 06:18 AM
"Why would I fight my way out? I'm a peaceful man, Mr. Brumer. However, you have information in your posession. Information that isn't for people like you to know. I'm willing to give you a chance to back down, to call off the Codex and let everyone walk away without dying. If not, I will reach into your brain, and pull that information out, neuron by neuron, until you're no longer a threat to me." Mr. Sunday said.

"I can't do that. Lawyers make good money, but even I have my debts."

rorikdude12
2012-09-13, 04:46 PM
Five Codex agents with assault rifles burst in the front door.

ROLL INITIATIVE.

[roll]1d20+6[roll]

rorikdude12
2012-09-13, 04:50 PM
Codex: [roll0]

Elricaltovilla
2012-09-14, 02:01 AM
"That decision makes me very sad, Mr. Brumer." Rene replies.

[roll0]

rorikdude12
2012-09-21, 05:22 AM
Due to a lack of posting frequency on the part of the players, I will no longer be running this.