PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Deadpool Possibilites?

Kamaei
2012-07-30, 09:05 PM
Going to taking part in a new dungeon starting at level 5. Only Pathfinder books are allowed, must be a human race. Will update whenever i receive more details about the dungeon because DM is responding to me slowly. But, I had the idea or plan to make/attempt a Deadpool build, and was wondering if anyone could help me in the right direction on how to get as close as I(we) can be to making one. I've tried google to see if any else has attempted it but sadly that was for 3.5. And of course, I can understand that it would make more than 5 levels to make the character Deadpool, hopefully we will be on fast exp. leveling

Warpwolf16
2012-07-30, 09:38 PM
Fighter or Samurai would work with possibly a dip into gunslinger. Deadpool is a strange thing to try and stat out, he could be multiple things or just one thing.Oh! I just thought of maybe ninja with a dip into gunslinger? The ninja would provide his crazy abilities and weapon usage and gunslinger would go for the crazy gun slinging he does all the time when he cant use his blades.

Kamaei
2012-07-30, 10:05 PM
Those are 3 classes I was thinking about that could work with making deadpool... Deadpool :D

But, is there anyway for to receive regeneration? i've searched through some of the books and found nothing

Warpwolf16
2012-07-30, 10:19 PM
You could possibly take a few levels in alchemist, you get BOMBS! Also there is a healing discovery in there some where. So Alchemist with the Internal Alchemist or Grenadier sounds great:smallbiggrin:

gallagher
2012-07-30, 11:03 PM
Deadpool has a holographic image inducer thingy to change his appearance, is a skilled character, and can use all kinds of exotic weapons. He is also always in costume cuz he is awesome like that, also disfigured.

level 5 beguiler, and take your next two levels in master of masks. take the assassin, gladiator, and jester masks.

Warpwolf16
2012-07-30, 11:15 PM
Deadpool has a holographic image inducer thingy to change his appearance, is a skilled character, and can use all kinds of exotic weapons. He is also always in costume cuz he is awesome like that, also disfigured.

level 5 beguiler, and take your next two levels in master of masks. take the assassin, gladiator, and jester masks.

Pathfinder only, though what you just said is more or less key to who Deadpool is and what Deadpool does.

grarrrg
2012-07-31, 12:11 AM
Those are 3 classes I was thinking about that could work with making deadpool... Deadpool :D

But, is there anyway for to receive regeneration? i've searched through some of the books and found nothing

(in before StreamoftheSky and Synthesist)

Inquisitor (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/inquisitor) is (almost) the only way to gain Fast Healing.
It only works during combat, but as far as Fast Healing goes, it scales nice enough (1+1every 3 levels)

Baroncognito
2012-07-31, 12:44 AM
Go Buccaneer. Re-fluff Pirate's Jargon as talking nonsense. Get a Weasel familiar (or take improved familiar and get a Hydra). The grog points don't exactly work, but I can't think of anything to re-fluff them as.

Larpus
2012-08-01, 01:35 PM
(in before StreamoftheSky and Synthesist)

Inquisitor (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/inquisitor) is (almost) the only way to gain Fast Healing.
It only works during combat, but as far as Fast Healing goes, it scales nice enough (1+1every 3 levels)
Well, Alchemist can get you close, with the Spountaneous Healing discovery, you gain "Fast Healing 5" with a max pool of 5 HP per 2 Alchemist levels, you can multiply that amount with the Healing Touch discovery, though that requires Alchemist level 6.

Overall, I'd say that Alchemist is a good candidate to be there somewhere, it has bombs for vanilla or sneak attack for Vivisectionist, plus the aforementioned ways to get "Fast Healing".

If you just want a Deadpool-like character, the class (especially the Vivisectionist variant who can spare discoveries) has quite the fixation with body modification, old school horror movie style.

grarrrg
2012-08-01, 05:21 PM
I still say at least 4 levels of Inquisitor could be well worth it.
You'd have 2/day Judgment, which can grant Fast Healing 2 for as long as you are in combat.

Overall, I'd say that Alchemist is a good candidate to be there somewhere, it has bombs for vanilla or sneak attack for Vivisectionist, plus the aforementioned ways to get "Fast Healing".

If you just want a Deadpool-like character, the class (especially the Vivisectionist variant who can spare discoveries) has quite the fixation with body modification, old school horror movie style.

You got me thinking now...
If the build would wind up heavy on the Alchemist, then Bombs > Sneak Attack (he likes him some explosives), that and there aren't a lot of Non-Bomb Discoveries worth taking.
For a less Alchemist heavy build, then Vivisectionist/Sneak Attack wins.

Other Deadpool-ish Discoveries:
Preserve Organs (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo---alchemist-discoveries/preserve-organs-ex): each time taken it gives a 25% chance to ignore Sneak Attack/Critical damage ("Fortification"). While it isn't 'fast healing' it does a similar thing.

Mummification (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo---alchemist-discoveries/mummification-ex): need to wait until Alchemist 10, but Immune to Cold, Nonlethal Damage, Paralysis, and Sleep are also (mostly) fitting (just call it "cancer" instead of "mummy" and you're good).

must be a human race
:smallconfused:
There is only 1 'Human' race in PF.
Do you mean 'Must be Human'?
Or 'Must be Human or Half-whatever'?
Or 'Must have 2 arms, 2 legs and a head'?

Larpus
2012-08-02, 10:39 AM
Maybe "humanoid"?

You know, no Tieflings, Aasimars, Lizardfolk and the such.

5w337x7007h
2013-07-12, 07:59 PM
I know I'm probably late to the game on this one, but you could always do a straight-up Alchemist build, or cross it with fighter or monk. Seriously, check out the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde build by Ogre. It's explained, and can be finely tuned for devastating results.

Zonugal
2013-07-12, 09:29 PM
What about something akin to this:

Human Inquisitor 1/Trophy Hunter Ranger 4
Point Blank Shot [1st], Rapid Reload [Human], Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Firearms) [Inq1], Gunsmithing [Inq1], Precise Shot [2nd], Amateur Gunslinger [Rngr2], Endurance [3rd], Two-Weapon Fighting[4th]

Choose Black Powder Inquisition for your Domain/Inquisition.

Trait-wise I'd look at Unpredictable & Never Stop Shooting.

Come fifth level you'll have:
* BaB +4
* Solid Skills
* Some Inquisitor (and even fewer Ranger) spells per day
* Judgment 1/day for Fast Healing 1 during the entire combat (which if you utilize during a battlefield can count for a while)
* The ability to bestow a –4 penalty on concentration checks for 1 round to arcane spellcasters/creatures with SLA with a successful firearm attack.
* Favored Enemy +2 (I suggest Humanoid: Human for how universal it is)
* Improved Tracking
* The wording on Trophy Hunter's Firearm Style is a bit iffy, "At 2nd level, a trophy hunter gains the Amateur Gunslinger feat, and can use any 1st-level Gunslinger deed." If you can use any 1st-level deed you want, awesome. If you have to pick one, that is still okay & I suggest Quick Clear as you'll only have 1 grit point, and likely a low wisdom score too...
* Favored Terrain, maybe in Urban as that's pretty universal.
* Hunter's Aim is nice with, "When the trophy hunter makes a firearm attack against a favored enemy, he can target touch AC in the first two range increments of his firearm." If you have something like Favored Enemy Humanoid: Human you'll be in a great spot for landing shots.

I honestly think a large part of playing the Merc With a Mouth is actually playing the character that way. Role-playing is going to be the biggest aspect for a character inspired by Deadpool but mechanically this build gets you fast healing (which at this level in Pathfinder is no easy thing) for a limited time, solid combat skills/talents with both firearms and two-weapon fighting (I suggest short swords) and a lot of skill points to drop into all the appropriate spots.