PDA

View Full Version : Weird Warforged Concepts: Feasibility

ben-zayb
2012-07-30, 09:12 PM
As the title suggest, I have some warforged concepts that I want to try out. So is it possible to make:
1. A Warforged Lycanthrope (fluffed ala Transformers: Beast Wars)
2. A Warforged Druid (just curious to find this one out)

Build help of said concepts are also welcome. Thanks! :smallamused:

Flickerdart
2012-07-30, 09:14 PM
Warforged don't have the right type for Lycanthrope, but they're allowed to be Druids if they take the no armour feat.

Kuulvheysoon
2012-07-30, 09:19 PM
Warforged don't have the right type for Lycanthrope, but they're allowed to be Druids if they take the no armour feat (Unarmoured Body) (RoE).

Not quite true; Warforged druids can take the Ironwood Body feat (RoE) and still be eligible for druid.

Flickerdart
2012-07-30, 09:27 PM
Oh, I didn't know there was a non-metal feat other than the one that throws away your plating entirely.

Honestly, it's a bit silly that losing your AC bonus is a feat and not a flaw.

Menteith
2012-07-30, 09:31 PM
Oh, I didn't know there was a non-metal feat other than the one that throws away your plating entirely.

Honestly, it's a bit silly that losing your AC bonus is a feat and not a flaw.

And that's why Dragonborn of Bahamut is so, so sexy on a Warforged.

Slipperychicken
2012-07-31, 12:23 AM
Only issue with Warforged Druid is the hit to Wisdom. But you can overcome that, especially if you were willing to settle for 16 Wis in the first place. You were in it for the Wildshape anyway, in which case the +Con will be more useful. Don't forget Natural Spell!

Psyren
2012-07-31, 01:00 AM
This seems to come up once a month: Warforged can be druids just fine without Unarmored Body OR Ironwood Body. Only Warforged that take Adamantine/Mithral Body are forbidden from becoming Druids.

In other words, you do not need Races of Eberron at all to be a Warforged Druid. (but you do need Secrets of Xen'drik to be stylish at it.)

Warforged Lycanthrope - just be a Totemist or Psywar and fluff your "transformations" accordingly. Totemist in particular can play Transformers to your heart's content.

ben-zayb
2012-07-31, 05:08 AM
Not quite true; Warforged druids can take the Ironwood Body feat (RoE) and still be eligible for druid.

Warforged don't have the right type for Lycanthrope, but they're allowed to be Druids if they take the no armour feat.

This seems to come up once a month: Warforged can be druids just fine without Unarmored Body OR Ironwood Body. Only Warforged that take Adamantine/Mithral Body are forbidden from becoming Druids.

In other words, you do not need Races of Eberron at all to be a Warforged Druid. (but you do need Secrets of Xen'drik to be stylish at it.)
Hmm... so I don't get why I don't need Unarmored Body OR Ironwood Body... Am I missing something?

From another point of view, I realize that warforged are technically "not wearing" their plating. Hmm, feat slot for fluff reasons seems a bit...meh.

Warforged Lycanthrope - just be a Totemist or Psywar and fluff your "transformations" accordingly. Totemist in particular can play Transformers to your heart's content.
I'm actually thinking of Psywar too, with the Energy power refluffed as cannon blasts or something. I definitely need to read MoI... Is it a really good system, or do people just roll totemists? (And from what I read Soulborns are kinda crappy)

Alternatively, are there other cool races with metallic complexions? I'm a bit partial with Asherati, though I admit I like their burrowing abilities.

hoverfrog
2012-07-31, 05:38 AM
Warforged are living constructs and lycanthropy only effects humanoids which is a shame. Perhaps a kindly DM might invent a lycanthrope curse that does effect warforged. Warforged can become undead though. The same problem with becoming a lycanthrope is also true for becoming a vampire and gaining the alternate form ability.

Maybe druid is the best option.

Psyren
2012-07-31, 08:08 AM
Hmm... so I don't get why I don't need Unarmored Body OR Ironwood Body... Am I missing something?

Simply put, a Warforged's regular, garden-variety composite plating does not interfere with Druid vows. But Baker forgot to spell this out in ECS, leading to a legion of confused players and DMs.

And as I said, this topic comes up a lot. see here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202797), here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218708), and here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201968).

Alternatively, are there other cool races with metallic complexions? I'm a bit partial with Asherati, though I admit I like their burrowing abilities.

How about metallic scales? Spellscales/Dragonborn based on metallic dragons for instance, or Rilkans etc.