PDA

View Full Version : Twohanded weapon enhancements

ima donkey
2012-07-30, 09:52 PM
With my current character I'm going for a charger build and was wondering what some good weapon enhancements are for a twohanded weapon that can improve damage from my charge. I would also like to know any other notable enhancements that improve damage.

I usually also have a hard time deciding what armor enhancements to pick so any help here would be appreciated too.

Please include what book the enhancements are from.

QuickLyRaiNbow
2012-07-30, 09:58 PM
Have you looked through this - http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7200 ?

Gavinfoxx
2012-07-30, 10:02 PM
Get a +1 Gloryborn (DMG II) Valorous (UE) Berserker (UE/MIC/RoF) Collision (MIC) Baatorian Green Steel (FC2) Guisarme.

ima donkey
2012-07-30, 10:06 PM
Have you looked through this - http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7200 ?

That is helpful but still leaves me with the problem of making up my mind.

killianh
2012-07-30, 10:15 PM
copied from one of the handbooks:

Specific Weapons
Lance of Faerun(MoF): gain the Spirited Charge feat, and it's a lance.
Claws of the Leopard(CAd): gain the benefit of Pounce (full attack while charging) if using these Gauntlets, tip buy them as a Large weapon for THF.
Halberd of Vaulting(A&E): +30 to Jump, if you jump while charging you get an x2 modifier.
Lance of the Unending Charge(A&E): no cap on Cleave's move before bonus attack, get a Mount capable of turning while Charging...
Knight's Sword(A&E): x2 damage while charging with this and while mounted, a lance is better.

Items
Lance(Core): Weapon, x2 damage while charging with it.
Battle Boots(DMGII): if you have Spirited Charge and are using a lance, add another multiplier.
Sandals of the Tiger's Leap(S&F): x2 damage while charging if using Unarmed Attacks.

Feats
Spirited Charge(Core): x2 damage while charging.
Battle Jump(UE): fall from 5ft. above your opponent to Charge them and gain an x2 modifier.
Leap Attack(CAd): jump at least 10ft to double your Power Attack bonus.
Mantis Leap(S&F): Jump at an opponent to add your StrMod*2 to the damage.
Power Lunge(GW): provoke an AoO while charging to double your Strength Modifier, doesn't stack with THF.

Spells
Rhino's Charge(SpC): swift action to cast and Paladins have access, x2 damage on your next charge.
Zealot's Pact: hit an opposite alignment creature and deal x2 damage for the rest of the encounter against anyone else.

Misc
Valorous(CoV): +1 Enhancement, x2 damage while charging with the enchanted weapon.

killianh
2012-07-30, 10:17 PM
Resource - Class Boosters (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=1184) was the name of the handbook

ima donkey
2012-07-30, 10:32 PM
Definitely getting gloryborn and valerous.

btw I'm using an adamantine great hammer

Uhtred
2012-08-01, 07:51 PM
btw I'm using an adamantine great hammer

The Goliath variant from Races of Stone, or the Minotaur variant from Monster Manual IV? Identical damage, but the Minotaur version has the best crit I've ever seen on a high-damage two-handed weapon. Pretty much my favorite D&D weapon.

ima donkey
2012-08-01, 07:54 PM
The Goliath variant from Races of Stone, or the Minotaur variant from Monster Manual IV? Identical damage, but the Minotaur version has the best crit I've ever seen on a high-damage two-handed weapon. Pretty much my favorite D&D weapon.

The Minotaur version of course, its probably the best weapon in the game.

Uhtred
2012-08-02, 01:48 AM
Then Impact (or Improved Critical) to get that 19-20 crit down to a 17-20. Quadrupling damage is no joke, man. Throw Maiming on there, deal an additional 3d10 on your now more likely quadrupled critical hit. Maybe make the hammer out of gold or platinum (Magic of Faerun, though you'll need an exotic weapon proficiency to wield it without a -4 penalty) then have a pair of Strongarm Bracers (or take the Monkey Grip Feat if you can't be bothered to burn six grand) to essentially wield a huge-sized Minotaur Greathammer. :) Combine with a friend to cast Enlarge Person to be well and truly ridiculous.

ima donkey
2012-08-02, 02:12 AM
That's an interesting idea but i don't want to break the game, my group is fairly low Op. But ill probably do the critical part.

Azoth
2012-08-02, 05:13 AM
While not the epidome of charger weapons, this is what I used in an epic game on my charger. I found it to be good fun, then again any two handed weapon in the hands of a lolth touched touched half minotaur dwarf barb2/ftr2/FotF3/DeepWard3/FB10/WH10...is going to make things go *SPLAT!*

+1 adamantine spiked chain with the following enchants: skillful (+1 for prof without a feat), valarous (x2 on a charge), brash (+1 +3rounds rage/immune to fear while raging), berserker (+2 enchant while raging), furious (+2 str/con while raging), brutal surge( bullrush on strike), vampiric (self healing)