PDA

View Full Version : Exponential Monster Combos [3.PF]

jguy
2012-07-30, 11:00 PM
After reading the first recap of Kaveman26's City State of Enigmatic Overgnome where he mentioned vampire nymph gestapos (btw, all his stuff is great, go read it now) I thought that was actually a pretty cool idea. I'm playing a pathfinder game right now so I decided to stat one up. HOLY CRAP. For a cr 9 creature it is beast. With Cha to not just AC and saves, but HP now too, she would be incredibly hard to be taken down by cr appropriate party and could wipe them all out alone if they rolled bad on their saves.

Just to be sadistic, I put on 2 levels of PF monk and gave it NPC stats. I didn't think it'd turn out so terribly right but I don't think I could ever send it against any party with AC 45 completely nude and Save or Die/Sucks DCs at 26/7. Harsh thing is it is only a CR 11, maybe 10 by Pathfinder rules.

So has anyone accidentally found a monster combo with templates or classes that got exponentially more powerful then you expected?

GenghisDon
2012-07-30, 11:13 PM
Not in pathfinder, but it's fairly common. I tend to shelf or reduce such critters, as they aren't that useable sometimes. Depends on the PC's.