PDA

View Full Version : Hansel and Gretel

SoliaTera
2012-07-30, 11:49 PM
Hello gaming community! Recently my players have encountered a place with some weird magic items and so i need and have come up with some and just need help stating them up and such so heres my ideas:

1. Candy House: basically i wanted the house to me small and fit for any creature up to medium and be able to be strapped to there back like a backpack. The effect i desire that with a command word it grows larger alot larger and can be eatin and allow the user to become larger size wise. itll have only a current number of charger per day to give such ability. Problems: Size of the house when grown, how long must they eat to gain effect(standard,move,full round) and how do i make it reusable seeing as there eating it.

2. Straw doll and spike and hammer: As the name states but it works like a voodoo doll with 5 spikes each one does a certain amount of damage. Problems: action cost to target a spefic creature for the target of item, the damage each spike does, how long it take to pull out a spike and what check should be used.

3.Braclet of nine summons: each summon is moderate on health not of them have about 35 hp but each have one speical abitly that makes them a good summon and they differ grealty in size, each summon can be used once per day. Problem: How long do the summons last

Gildedragon
2012-07-31, 12:21 AM
1: So does the house grow to a usable house size? If so the one produced by Secure Shelter is a good guideline (a 400 square-foot square).
If not a 5' square is good as it ought to provide some cover.
As to how long to make use of it: full round sounds about right. 1 move to break off (draw) a shingle or whatnot, and a standard to eat it (as a potion).
To make it reusable have it shrink back to size and regrow lost parts over time. Or, seeing as how this can be a potent item, have it have a set number of uses.

2:Voodoo doll, move action to use a spike, either going in or out. Damage: well that depends on what level of effect you want; maybe even ability damage. Either Knowledge Nature to figure out where it hurts more, or a bardic knowledge check.
The target ought to get a will-save for its effects though.

3: Figure out the caster-level for the summon spells being used and it's one round per level.

Lohj
2012-07-31, 02:07 AM
Hello gaming community! Recently, my players have encountered a place with some weird magic items and so I need and have come up with some magic items and just need help stating them up and such, so here're my ideas:

1. Candy House: Basically, I wanted the house to be small and fit for any creature up to medium size, and be able to be strapped to there their back like a backpack. The effect I desire is that with a command word, it grows larger alot larger and can be eaten and allow the user to become larger, size wise. It'll have only a current number of charges per day to activate such an ability. Problems: Size of the house when grown, how long must they eat to gain effect(standard,move,full round) and how do I make it reusable seeing as they're eating it.

2. Straw doll and spike and hammer: As the name states but it works like a voodoo doll with 5 spikes, each one does a certain amount of damage. Problems: action cost to target a specific creature for the target of item, the damage each spike does, how long it take to pull out a spike and what check should be used.

3.Bracelet of nine summons: each summon is moderate on health not of them have about 35 hp but each have one special ability that makes them a good summon and they differ greatly in size, each summon can be used once per day. Problem: How long do the summons last?

So. Just reading through this was a bit of a challenge. Going to edit it for spelling and grammar for you, then talk.

1. The house should be, when grown, 20 feet (width) by 40 feet (length) by 30 ft (height), and a small object when shrunk. The way it could work is, that by spending 10 minutes eating it, the player who eats it gains a single size category for 1 hour. This counts as a supernatural effect.
The house regains all shape and mass lost due to eating if it spends 1 hour shrunk per person who ate it. I.E. if 6 people eat it, it has to recover for 6 hours.

2. Straw Doll with Five Spikes. The Doll could be a artifact that you must use a full-round-action to target a creature. Then by driving in nails, first into the feet, which could be a full round action with each action doing something different. For example, if you break it into 3 parts (Legs, Arms, Body) then you can do three different things. After choosing which nails to use, the creature must make a will save (DC: like 10 + caster level) or be subject to (Legs = immobilize, arms = disable (can't act), or body = damage (caster level/2 or something).

3. Ring of Nine Summons could start with a tiny creature, then get bigger each time it is used in a row, to a max size of Colossal, like an ancient red dragon. Or it could be a ring with 9 set summons, and you have to roll a percentile die to see which one you get, and the summons last for 9 rounds. Or make it something like a legacy ring, which gets new summons as you get stronger.

Does that help?

SoliaTera
2012-07-31, 10:41 PM
2. Straw Doll with Five Spikes. The Doll could be a artifact that you must use a full-round-action to target a creature. Then by driving in nails, first into the feet, which could be a full round action with each action doing something different. For example, if you break it into 3 parts (Legs, Arms, Body) then you can do three different things. After choosing which nails to use, the creature must make a will save (DC: like 10 + caster level) or be subject to (Legs = immobilize, arms = disable (can't act), or body = damage (caster level/2 or something).

3. Ring of Nine Summons could start with a tiny creature, then get bigger each time it is used in a row, to a max size of Colossal, like an ancient red dragon. Or it could be a ring with 9 set summons, and you have to roll a percentile die to see which one you get, and the summons last for 9 rounds. Or make it something like a legacy ring, which gets new summons as you get stronger.

1. Thank you that helps very much

2. I rather have it just do damage and some other effect depending on how many spikes are used at once.

3. i wanted all the summons to be fairly weak but all have abilities that are rlly useful such as d door basically glass cannon summons