PDA

View Full Version : Character time build record

killianh
2012-07-31, 04:42 AM
Just a random question for GitP but what was your fastest time building and fleshing out a complete original character? Including Race, classes, skill points, item etc? slowest time?

Mine was 30 minutes and 4 hours respectively

Krazzman
2012-07-31, 05:01 AM
Fastest was with Point Buy and buying things... 10 minutes. It was a simple THF Fighter with Powerattack and Cleave. Bought a Greatsword, an Armor (don't know which anymore) and the SAK. Distributed some skill points and Backstory was only a rough outline.

The longest for DnD? Building my first character together with the more experienced DM (first time role playing and first time dnd for me) we started together as 3 players building a level 6 character. One took a dwarven druid, one a Archery fighter. I wanted to be a rogue. Let's say we wanted to start the next day anyway. After the other two were done with their chars, they watched the asterix comic movies... ALL of them and began to sleep as the last one was nearly finished. After about 20 more minutes my character was finally done... without a real backstory... (I might hyperbole this a bit).

As you could figure the DM wasn't the fastest one... when playing Magic... he read through all of his hand... then decode what he did, declared it, read it... read it again, told what it did while reading it again... and that was how he helped me generate my elven rogue...

The longest I needed for myself? about 3 hours... but mostly because I had to change things halfway through because of party composition...