PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Mongrelfolk Cleric Domains/Prestige Classes

GreenSerpent
2012-07-31, 05:43 AM
Hi all,

Short summary: I'm making a character for a campaign who's a Lawful Good Dragonborn Mongrelfolk Cleric of Bahamut. He intends to dip into Contemplative and Divine Oracle at some point (the campaign starts at level 7).

Any suggestions for prestige classes he should take, and for Cleric Domains (using the rule he can worship a cause rather than the God, so he can take different domains as to what Bahamut offers)?

I'd like to use the Divine Restoration ACF if possible, and they should preferably fit thematically with him. I also hope to grab the Saint template at some point for the insane benefits it'll give him (AND it fits thematically!).

Stats are (after racial mods, and yes it was a high point buy):
STR 16
DEX 8
CON 22
INT 14
WIS 16
CHA 8

Thanks all!

EDIT: Correction. He's taking two levels in Church Inquisitor, so at level 5 he's a Cleric 3/ Church Inquisitor 2. Not sure what to take for the next two levels.

Downysole
2012-07-31, 07:40 AM
I'm not sure why you would want to give up on Charisma considering turn checks can be used to fuel divine feats as well as, y'know, turning the undead. You might want to consider re-statting that.

Given your high con and str scores, I'm thinking you're going for front-lines. At level 7, you can basically negate any shortcomings you might have BAB-wise with some divine power, so you could consider taking the cloistered cleric from UA in order to bump up skill points and get the extra domain.

Hmm, you seem to have level 7 at the top of your post and level 5 at the bottom. Not sure what to suggest.

Darrin
2012-07-31, 07:41 AM
Any suggestions for prestige classes he should take, and for Cleric Domains (using the rule he can worship a cause rather than the God, so he can take different domains as to what Bahamut offers)?

If you're going the DMM route, then the typical advice is grab Planning (Extend Spell) and Undeath (Extra Turning).

Otherwise, Time is popular (Improved Initiative, haste, *and* time stop), Magic (for activating sor/wiz wands, etc.), Travel (for teleport), or Trickery (mostly for time stop, but mislead is also loads of fun).

GreenSerpent
2012-07-31, 07:52 AM
I'm not sure why you would want to give up on Charisma considering turn checks can be used to fuel divine feats as well as, y'know, turning the undead. You might want to consider re-statting that.

Mongrelfolk -4 CHA penalty. Still considering Cloistered Cleric though, especially as he's chosen Wings as his Aspect.

Also we've got another cleric in the party who's more of a Zen Archer build, a dwarven tank, a Sorceror going into Swiftblade (I think) and a Dragonfire Adept.

Psyren
2012-07-31, 08:56 AM
Any chance you can go Druid instead of Cleric? The fluff fits Mongrelfolk much better and so do the stats.

Particularly since you already have a cleric; many of the same PrCs will be open to you but you'll be more distinguished from one another.

Garwain
2012-07-31, 09:09 AM
I would definitly suggest to take the divine counterspell ACF from CMp33. works very well in combination with the curch inquisitor bonus on dispell checks and you're not using the turn attempts anyway.

Divine Oracle is neat, but you lack the reflex save to make good use of the 'evasion in armor' feature.

Remember that the saint template requires 2 exalted feats as a prereq.

For the other levels: maybe Exorcist? This gives you the turn undead option back.