PDA

View Full Version : (IC) Keep on the Shadowfell for Pathfinder

Pages : [1] 2

Starbuck_II
2012-07-31, 07:37 AM
The group has made good time along the King's Road and it is now midday on the third day of your journey. With luck you should arrive at the village of Winterhaven this evening. You've not had much combat on the safety of othe King's road so far. This might be a long but easy travel.

Perception checks please.

Nihilarian
2012-07-31, 08:22 AM
Perception: [roll0]

Chained Birds
2012-07-31, 08:28 AM
Spike

Trailing at the back of group is the secretive Merfolk known to them as Spike. Being of a very uncommon race to be found on land, the creature's Bright Red hair and colorful Green and Red scales seem to make him even more noticable noticeable; almost like a beacon along the King's Road.
With a wretched looking Musket loosely held at his side, the Merfolk's eyes dart around the area suddenly as though he were searching for something out of place. As of yet, his paranoi has yet to be awarded due to the relatively peaceful nature of the King's Road this day.

ChrisClark13
2012-07-31, 10:47 AM
Shou, a bit annoyed by the slow pace that the group was travelling at because of a certain Merfolk, walked in a zig-zag fashion with the rest of the group, he would walk to the left of the road... and then to the right of the road... and then to the left of the road... and so on. He looked around, checking for sign of danger or maybe just another group passing by on a whim.

Perception
[roll0]

raspberrybadger
2012-07-31, 12:04 PM
Nor walks straight along the road, walking on the right side of the group. He's got the speed and the irritation to do what Shou is doing, but he thinks he'd look irresponsible. He figures it's not really a problem, but that bandits or something are unlikely to be intimidated by someone zigzagging. Plus, it's daytime. He's used to it, but the sun is a beatable foe that constantly attacks, not a friend.

He grinds his teeth together and keeps his mouth shut, adjusting his grip on his axe. Instead of complaining, he thinks what he can do given that the group is stuck moving at half speed. Maintaining his focus, moment by moment he extends his mind and his will into his skin, letting not just his vision but also his sense of touch do the work of spotting things far off. To anyone looking closely, his face is covered with a faint otherworldly sheen while he does this.

Once a round, with focus up so it's free, Nor manifests Synesthete. That gives him a +4 circumstance bonus to see things. Presumably Nor can keep up with the other half of his actions. If that doesn't work, or sight doesn't help, then he doesn't get the +4 bonus.

Mari01
2012-07-31, 01:50 PM
We'll never reach Winterhaven at this rate. That guy's tail doesn't really look like it's meant for walking. Agatha looks around, more out of boredom than of being wary.

[roll0]

Chained Birds
2012-07-31, 02:31 PM
Spike

The Merfolk grimaces at the comment,

"I will not appologize for my speed. My tail's strength is a gift that allows me to commune with the lands above the sea. Many of my kind can only dream of having a tail as strong and durable as mine."

He then adds (in a whisper),

"Jealousy is such an ugly emotion."

a_humble_lich
2012-07-31, 02:32 PM
Xythilla trails the group, looking over her diverse group of charges. She repeats her near daily ritual of cursing the sun, and wonders how again everyone managed to convince her to travel during the day, instead of at night like civilized folks. And with all this light it was far too easy to ambush them.

+1 skill bonus, -1 for the light

Nihilarian
2012-07-31, 02:43 PM
A young woman of middling height breaks off whistling merrily, at least long enough to turn back towards the group and say, "Easy now, all! We can't help what gifts we were born with, now."

Daisy has a confident stride and an easy smile, which are as easy to see as her brown hair and eyes, or her travel-tanned skin, or her long hafted halberd slung over one shoulder. She singles out Nor and Xythilla, before saying with concern, "And how are your eyes?"

raspberrybadger
2012-07-31, 03:13 PM
Nor replies "Tough enough to do the job."

Mari01
2012-07-31, 03:50 PM
Agatha responds with a chuckle You'll have to forgive my impatience. I'm so used to nearly rushing everywhere I go. Even a regular walking pace is slow to me. How is it that you're even walking on that thing in the first place?

Chained Birds
2012-07-31, 04:47 PM
Jack

"It isn't uncommon for my kind to move on land. But it takes a strong tail, special training and enough determination to 'walk' on land. The members of my order have trained young ones for land exploration for generations. Though the training they used, like many other aspects about me, shall remain a secret."

Starbuck_II
2012-07-31, 10:22 PM
The shadows begin to stretch as the sun passes it's zenith. The wind is cool and comfortable, the road level beneath your feet. The occasional ancient cobblestone peeks through the dirt road, indicating decades of regret. You notice footprints in the road, some with boots, others more recent made by small clawed feet.

Shou, Nor, and Xythilla notice there are a sizable number of tracks on the road, at least a half a dozen creatures have recently moved along the dirt path and the grass. Nor and Shou notices sharp chittering noises up ahead in the rocks alongside the King's Road.

Do you keep walking further to investigate?

raspberrybadger
2012-07-31, 10:33 PM
Nor thinks fast when he hears the noises. If he can hear them, they can hear him. He's hoping they can't understand. Calmly but with an edge to his voice, he says "I find myself curious about those rocks. Without looking closely, what do you think lives there?"

Nihilarian
2012-07-31, 10:45 PM
Daisy turns her head back towards the front, peering at the rocks in question. "What an interesting question. What lives under a rock? Can't be comfortable. Unless you mean on the rock? That wouldn't be comfortable either. I don't see anything on the rock, anyway. They look like perfectly ordinary rocks to me. Maybe something lives near the rock, like a rabbit warren. They'd have to dig under the rock, though, obviously, since rabbits can't dig through rock unless they're not really rabbits at all."

raspberrybadger
2012-07-31, 10:56 PM
Nor figures she's playing along, so he continues "Oh yes, rabbits would be under the rocks, on in the cracks between them. You curious about what kind of rabbit? Or should we move on, and keep the rabbits in mind?"

Chained Birds
2012-07-31, 11:19 PM
Spike

"What is a rabbit? Is it similar to the Deepsea Rabbi-Cuttlefish that holds 15 10ft long, razored, tentacles and a set of 108 teeth that can pierce through even a dragon turtle's shell?
The earth land's version must be equally nightmarish."

raspberrybadger
2012-08-01, 12:37 AM
Nor says "I'm just going to take that as a weird vote for curiosity. Anyone else have an opinion?"

a_humble_lich
2012-08-01, 05:14 AM
Oh yes the Rabbi-Cuttlefish, there were rumours that the Aboleth would keep them as pets to feed slaves to. But that may have just been a story to scare weak children. We should advance cautiously.

Nihilarian
2012-08-01, 08:31 AM
"You needn't worry, land rabbits aren't usually that dangerous. Quite tasty, actually. Why are you so stuck on rabbits, Nor?"

Chained Birds
2012-08-01, 09:00 AM
Spike

"You needn't worry, land rabbits aren't usually that dangerous. Quite tasty, actually. Why are you so stuck on rabbits, Nor?"

"I won't trust that statement until I see the horrid beast with my own eyes."

raspberrybadger
2012-08-01, 11:40 AM
Nor isn't surprised that Xythilla comprehends the situation. Daisy's focus on rabbits is more surprising. A potential distraction from a dangerous situation. The people who get it want to be aggressive, but that's risky if others don't get it. With a note of harshness or impatience creeping into his voice, he says "What if it's cave scorpions or something like that? If we're going over there to find out, we'd need to be careful."

ChrisClark13
2012-08-01, 12:12 PM
Shou bends down to look at one of the tracks in detail, stepping down with his boot for comparison. I don't think rabbits wear boots or have clawed feet. Just saying.

Mari01
2012-08-01, 01:08 PM
And here I thought the only interesting part of today was the walking fishman.

Nihilarian
2012-08-01, 01:54 PM
Daisy looks bewildered. "Booted... rabbit... scorpions? Why are we going over there?"

Mari01
2012-08-01, 02:43 PM
Where else are we going to see something like that? I say we check it out!

Chained Birds
2012-08-01, 03:49 PM
Spike

Spike draws his Firearm,

"This talk about Rabbits is starting to concern me, let's deal with these beasts now rather then wait for them to slit our throats in our sleep."

raspberrybadger
2012-08-01, 03:49 PM
Nor figures everyone but Daisy is ready and willing, so he starts casually walking over there, saying "Come on Daisy. We're going over that way, and we need you ready with that halberd in case there are scorpions or something."

Nor keeps to half speed, at least until whatever it is is sighted. Instead of continually refreshing Synesthete, he switches to Vigor. Anyone looking close up would see Nor's skin covered in the thinnest layer or translucent goo, and within 20 feet there is the faintest odour of running, fighting, and sweat. If he's out front and takes the brunt of an attack, he's going to be prepared. He's got just the form in mind to take if a whole swarm of things come boiling out of there.

Now, using half his actions to put up Vigor once a round, with duration 1 round, 5 temporary hit points.

ChrisClark13
2012-08-01, 04:57 PM
Shou draws his daggers and walks next to Nor, his nose twitches and he reflexively gags a bit. He also starts humming the intro to this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF_YC1-hsqg).

Starting Inspire Courage +1

Starbuck_II
2012-08-01, 05:45 PM
As Nor walks over and Shou starts singing, behind the rocks jumps out a 3 foot tall red-scaled reptilian carrying a longsword and a dragon scale as a heavy shield and chain mail on his body. Following him are 4 more 3 foot tall red-scaled reptilians. He says in common, Halt, humanoids, I am Timi, this road belongs to Irontooth. And there is a toll. Should you choose you pass peacefully; the toll is merely all your worldly possessions. Should you chose to fight, the toll is merely your lives. It is your choice, but I warn you not to underestimate us.
The other reptilians wave their short spears menacingly and grunt.

What is your reaction? Do you parley?

Map
https://docs.google.com/a/cnu.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlMQgZhwmEgTdGp2NWg5S2k2WVNoV1VKWjJCVHZ1W Xc#gid=0

a_humble_lich
2012-08-01, 06:13 PM
"What an amazing coincidence. You are now in the presence of the great and powerful fish god Uili'x'tilax," gesturing at Spike, "who demands a fee from all who are in his presence. In particular he dislikes vermin who are shorter than he is. So in your case the fee will be all of your worldly possessions. Of course death is always an option too."

Nihilarian
2012-08-01, 06:33 PM
"They don't look like rabbits..."Knowledge (Local): [roll0]

Chained Birds
2012-08-01, 06:33 PM
Spikes

With a straight face,

"These rabbits are a lot more scaly than I thought they'd be. Didn't think they could talk neither..."

Nihilarian
2012-08-01, 08:49 PM
Daisy peers closer at the creatures, before saying"I'm pretty sure those are kobolds, not rabbits. Very fond of ambush tactics." She looks at the reptilian creatures standing boldly in front of her. "Or so I've heard."

raspberrybadger
2012-08-01, 08:58 PM
Nor looks at the things. Scales. Red. Some serious gear. This is serious. These things could hurt him, so he keeps the shape he had in mind but makes the abilities more defensive. Nor steps back, concentrates on making the shape of every bit of his body voluntary and not mandatory, and manifests Minor Metamorphosis. His form ripples and shimmers for a moment, as he concentrates on his new form - a giant werewolf hybrid. This done, he hefts his axe and says "You think you can kill me?"

Stepping back to E7 to get out of people's way.

Minor metamorphosis, with improved metamorphosis, grants two abilities for 1 minute. I choose large size (along with +2 str and -2 dex), and the 5 temporary hit points ability. He now occupies DE67. His AC drops by 2.

Starbuck_II
2012-08-01, 09:19 PM
The kobolds notice you are preparing for combat as one of you just changed to a wolf like Gnoll (werewolf). Some of the kobolds' knees shaked as you bluff that Spike was a god, but Timi should firm.
After hearing Nor's threatening, Timi declares, "This could be serious! Ambush failed, the rest of you get over here now! You four present attack!"

Your group's Init (I rolled for ye and averaged Init bonus) 19
Enemy Init:
S 8
K 18
T 21
So Timi is up then you guys go in any order. I post his actions in a 20 or more minutes.

Starbuck_II
2012-08-01, 10:12 PM
You big'uns, pick on the wrong Kobolds. Timi declares as he goes moves to H-10. He throws his shield up protecting himself.

Total defense action

(Your group's turn)

Chained Birds
2012-08-01, 11:05 PM
Spike

Spike, without any hesitation, moves to the side of the group and fires at the armored Kobold (Timi).

Move Action: Move to [D-11]
Standard Action: Musket Attack VS Timi's Touch AC
- Attack: [roll0]
- Damage: [roll1]
- Crit Attack: [roll2]
- Crit Damage: [roll3]

raspberrybadger
2012-08-01, 11:54 PM
"Form a line, make them come to us - we've got reach"

That's all Nor has time to say as he steps in to hack down one of those kobold things. If another one comes past his reach, he's tripping it.

Advancing to EF67, and attacking k2.

To hit: [roll0]
To damage: [roll1]

Starbuck_II
2012-08-02, 12:13 AM
Spike's musket shoots a bullet straight at Timi. His shield can't block the blast and he is bleeding, but not down. Nor's large greataxe chops the kobold's head off, liquid spurting like fountain all over its own body.

(just thought I'd show what happened, Timi still lives but K2 kobold is dead)

Nihilarian
2012-08-02, 12:45 AM
Daisy charges forward, drawing her halberd as she goes. She whips the axeblade at the goblin straight in front of her, before settling in at Nor's side.

Charging kobold k4, ending at the nearest square I can attack him from; H10. Power Attack

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [rollv]d10+7

Mari01
2012-08-02, 01:19 AM
Just remember. You brought this on yourselves...

Standard Action: Cast Bless
Move Action: Draw Scythe

a_humble_lich
2012-08-02, 01:27 AM
Without another word, Xythilla puts a crossbow bolt into Timi.

Standard: Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Move: reload crossbow.

ChrisClark13
2012-08-02, 10:23 AM
Shou doesn't appriciate the Kolbold's theme song and starts singing his theme music.
Kishin da omoi wo hakidashi-tai no wa
Sonzai no shoumei ga ta ni nai kara
Tsukan da hazu no boku no mirai wa
"Songen" to "jiyuu" de nujun shi-teru yo

Yugan da zazou wo keshi saritai no wa
Jibun no genkai wo soko ni miru kara
Jiishiki kajou no boku no mado ni wa
Kyonen no KARENDAA hidzuke ga nai yo
As he's singing he calls arcane energy to his dagger and advances, striking Timi with it.

Timi is somewhere reachable on the map and still alive I assume, if not I attack whatever DS is.

Free: Mantian Bardic performance
Swift: Arcane Strike
Move: Move
Standard: Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Starbuck_II
2012-08-02, 12:13 PM
Daisy's swing is wild and hits the rocks to her side instead of the kobold. Xythilla bolt bounces off Timi's shield as Shou's song makes them wince. Shoui tries to strike with a magic strike through the shield, but Timi holds firm.

"The rest of you lot stop reacting and start acting. I can't hold them all" yells Timi as he glances at the other men.

Three of the kobolds still in hiding rush forth, but are too far to do anything yet. K4 moves forward ducking your thrust of your halbred (AoO) and swings his short spear at her (3 damage) nicking her shoulder. K4 throws his javelin at Nor seeing as he killed his mate, but his throw was wild and hits the dirt beside Nor instead it draws another. K1 throws his javelin hitting Nor for pierce into his side (3) before drawing his short spear for melee next round.

The sling using Kobold trots forward to L-9 so he can pelt someone next round.
(round 2)

Timi moves to K-8 blocking Daisy's halbred with his shield (AoO) and drinks a potion. His wounds washing away as the potion heals him.

Your team's turns up.
Map:
https://docs.google.com/a/cnu.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlMQgZhwmEgTdGp2NWg5S2k2WVNoV1VKWjJCVHZ1W Xc#gid=0

Nihilarian
2012-08-02, 12:59 PM
Daisy takes a step back, bringing her halberd back into play. Since her last attack missed she's being a bit more careful this time.5 ft. step left, attack k4
Damage: [roll1]

raspberrybadger
2012-08-02, 01:27 PM
Nor challenges the kobold who hit him, saying "I'm unharmed. Now you die." Then he steps forward to make good on his boast.

He'd been second guessing himself about not picking up a cleaving form, but that stopped the second he got hit from a range.

2 temp hp left then. Moving to FG78 and attacking k1 with his axe:

Mari01
2012-08-02, 01:27 PM
Agatha strides forward, attempting to bring her scythe down on the kobold.

Move: 20ft forward to H10
Standard: Attack k4 [roll0] Damage:[roll1]

Chained Birds
2012-08-02, 01:43 PM
Spike

"Hmm, aim was a bit off."

Spike spends a bit of time applying a new cartridge to his Musket. He then moves forward 10ft.

Standard Action: Reload Musket (Standard Action due to Alchemical Cartridge)
Move Action: Move to [F-11]

Starbuck_II
2012-08-02, 02:11 PM
(mid round update)
Daisy's halbred swings high over the kobold's head cutting a thin layar of it hair off. Nor's axe chops a leg of the kobold who collapses dead in a few seconds of shock. Agatha moves past Daisy and slices at K4, but whiffs near it. The kobold saw him expose his stance and stabs the shortspear at Agatha's foot (4 damage).

(Xythilia, Shou's turns)

ChrisClark13
2012-08-02, 03:02 PM
Shou moves around Agatha to get at a different Kolbold.

Keshi-te RIRAITO shi-te
Kudaranai chou gensou
Wasurarenu sonzai kan wo

Kishikaisei RIRAITO shi-te
Imi no nai souzou mo
Kimi wo nasu dendouryoku
Zenshin zenrei wo kure yo

Free: Mantain Bardic Performance
Move: Move to I8, going around Agatha to the north to avoid getting AOO'd by k4.
Standard: Attack k3 [roll0]

a_humble_lich
2012-08-02, 03:24 PM
Grinning at how everybody left her a nice clean shot to Timi, Xythilla reloads and fires at him again.

Lets see if we can hit this time

Looks like the answer is a no :smallredface:

Starbuck_II
2012-08-02, 04:34 PM
K4 risks another AoO by Daisy and rushes toward her, but Daisy's halbred finally strikes true and impales the creature in the chest, "Zufg nul grril" it says as it croaks. K7 tries to avenge his comrade, attempting to duck Agatha's scythe but he loses his hands and collapses. K3 strikes versus Shou, but Shou parries the blow with his arcaned sword. K5 throws a javelin at Agatha striking the back of her heel (3), while K6 throws a javelin at Shou (3) nicking across his arm.The slinger slung a shot far at Nor, its gooey residue coating him in gluey globs of gunk.

Nor's attack entangled him for 1d4+1 rounds when the goo evaporates. He moves at 1/2 speed, can't charge, -2 attk, -4 penalty to dex.
Duration [roll0]

Map: https://docs.google.com/a/cnu.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlMQgZhwmEgTdGp2NWg5S2k2WVNoV1VKWjJCVHZ1W Xc#gid=0

Nihilarian
2012-08-02, 04:51 PM
Daisy dislodges her weapon from the kobold and steps forward, whirling axeblade at the kobold behind him.

5 ft. step to the right, attack k5

a_humble_lich
2012-08-02, 04:59 PM
Her smile quickly turned to a scowl as Shou gets between her and Timi, Xythilla runs to take cover behind some boulders while reloading.

Move to H4

Standard action, reload crossbow.

ChrisClark13
2012-08-02, 05:02 PM
Shou lunges again at his target with both daggers.

Mebaete ta kanjou kitte kuyan de
Shosen tada bonyou shi-tte naite
Kusatta kokoro wo
Usugitanai uso wo

Free: Mantian Bardic Performance
Full-round action: Full attack
Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

raspberrybadger
2012-08-02, 05:11 PM
Nor yells "Shou! Out of the way! Or go around back!"

Nor pretty much ignores the sticky stuff. If it's harmful somehow, he can look at it after the fight. It's slowing him, but it won't stop him from hacking these things to bits. He steps up and swings again.

Moving to GH78. Would have done HI, but Shou is in the way.

Attacking k5, or k3 if he can't hit k5.

Starbuck_II
2012-08-02, 05:48 PM
Daisy's swing was high and misses as a the kobold K5 ducks low. Shou and K3 next go full on battle as each parries each others blows, but this distracts it from the axe swing of Nor who moves slowly from the goo from still manages to slice the kobold K3 in half.

Timi seems to be moving farther and farther from the battle.
(Agatha and Spike remain before remaining kobolds strike back)

Chained Birds
2012-08-02, 05:59 PM
Spike

Spike attempt to get to higher ground so he'll have a better shot at the leader Kobold Timi.

Climb Check: [roll0]

If he succeeds, he'll then take aim and Fire at Timi yet again.

Move Action: Move to [H-11]
Standard Action: Musket Attack VS Timi's Touch AC
- Attack: [roll1] (+1 if able to get to Boulders)
- Damage: [roll2]
- Crit Attack (20x4): [roll3] (+1 if able to get to Boulders)
- Crit Damage: [roll4]

Starbuck_II
2012-08-02, 06:06 PM
Spike's bullet flies true right between the slits in the chain mail, reaching his exposed skin. He is hurt but doesn't go down.

"I'll warn Irontooth about this group, Mr. Smithers. You are in charge" Timi yells toward the slinger.

(Agatha's turn)

Mari01
2012-08-03, 12:40 AM
5 foot step forward to I9. Attack K5 [roll0] Damage [roll1]

Starbuck_II
2012-08-03, 09:27 AM
Agatha's scythe hits nothing but air as K5 kobold paries the blow with this spear.
K5 strikes back with spear, but Agatha does a litle parrying of his own. K6 throws another javelin at Agatha, but throws way off hitting the rock at I-11 instead. Mr. Smithers the slinger slings a scorching Spongestone at Nor dealing (2 physical, 2 fire damage) burning a small mark on him.

(round 3)
Timi runs away, yelling, "I will get you six yet, you'll see. When next we meet, your death will be assured."

(your teams turn)

Map: https://docs.google.com/a/cnu.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlMQgZhwmEgTdGp2NWg5S2k2WVNoV1VKWjJCVHZ1W Xc#gid=0

raspberrybadger
2012-08-03, 11:32 AM
Nor is not happy at the moment. He's started actually taking damage now, and people are in the way. So he gives up on his intended target, and switches tactics, trying to clear the way for Daisy, saying Kill that slinger. Then he steps right and swings.

Going to GH89, and hitting k5

To hit: [roll0] - still entangled

Nihilarian
2012-08-03, 01:38 PM
Daisy moves through the battlefield and takes a shot at the slinger.3 squares up-right, 1 square right, attack slinger.

Chained Birds
2012-08-03, 02:00 PM
Spike

Spike drops his Musket and retrieves his crossbow. He feels a bit upset over to taking out the leader, but perhaps next time.
For now, he'll fire at the new leader.

Free Action: Drop Musket
Move Action: Draw Crossbow
Standard Action: Crossbow Attack VS Smither's AC
- Crit Attack (19-20x2): [roll2]

Mari01
2012-08-03, 03:25 PM
You. Will. DIE!

Standard: Attack K5 [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

a_humble_lich
2012-08-03, 03:29 PM
Xythilla

Upset that her prey has gotten away, Xythilla tries to put a bolt in the slinger.

Standard action: Attack the slinger [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Move Action: Reload

Edit: Oh come on!

Starbuck_II
2012-08-03, 06:54 PM
Nor's blows are slowed by the goo, so much K5 flips over his axe's swing. But Daisy took advantage of the distraction and skewed the slinger in the confusion with swift speed. Smithers didn't die outright from the blow, it was the bolt from Spike's crossbow in the head that killed him.

Agatha decides enough was enough and slices into K5 as he landed. The kobold falls dead a moment later. Xythillia fires a shot, but misses no matter he intended target.
This left one lone kobold versus you all.

(Shou's turn)

ChrisClark13
2012-08-03, 09:12 PM
Free: Keep singing!
5 foot step to J9
Full attack on K6
Attack: [roll2] C-C-Crit!

Starbuck_II
2012-08-03, 09:26 PM
Shou finishes off the last kobold with a flury of dagger slashes.

Everyone gets XP each 130 points.
On the bodies:

20 sling bullets, 1 spongestone bullet, 2 potions of clear blue color, padded armor x1, a small dagger, 7 small short spears, 20 javelins, 7 small light shields, 7 small leather armors, 34 silver pieces

(Combat over)

raspberrybadger
2012-08-03, 10:13 PM
Nor makes sure the sticky stuff is off him, then gets into guard position. He's a little burned from that last shot, but that should be better by tomorrow. While looking out for that kobold coming back with reinforcements, he goes over the battle in his head. He's quite positive it could have gone better. His thoughts keep following the same course: No one listens - they rush after whatever sounds good at the time. That means lots of people do stuff that doesn't work. And, it means people get in his way. A problem when he's big.

The only thing keeping him from yelling at everyone right away in frustration is his realization that perhaps he should have knocked down that Timi thing right away. Sure, it was in the back, but he should have found a way. That thought leads him back to his frustration with people in his way, which erupts into an acidic comment to Shou:

"If we're facing real fighters, you better get out of the way Shou, or they'll squish you and I won't be able to stop them. Dagger is fine for these little things I suppose, but it's still safer to just take off their heads before they can get close."

ChrisClark13
2012-08-03, 10:46 PM
Shou frowns and points to the katanas on his back.
I have these, ya know. I.... just don't know how to use them effectively just yet, that's all."
He turns around and starts gathering loot, putting it into one big pile.

Nihilarian
2012-08-03, 11:38 PM
Daisy cleans her spear and axehead uses the haft as a walking staff as she moves closer to the others. She says, "Heh. Sorry about that, rush of battle and all. Either these little buggers are far too quick or I'm out of practice from sitting on my behind for 6 month's." Something catches her eye, and she frowns down at the bodies. "Say... aren't there supposed to be boots?"

raspberrybadger
2012-08-04, 03:20 AM
Nor doesn't know what to do with Shou's response, so he responds to Daisy, saying "Are you saying the boot tracks were made by something other than these kobold things? You think we should track them?"

Meanwhile, now that he's his own size again, he ought to clean off his axe, so he gets right on that while there's time. For now, just a quick wiping it off. He'll give it a more careful cleaning later when there's time to do it right.

a_humble_lich
2012-08-04, 06:34 AM
Xythilla helps Shou gather all the kobolds' possisions in a pile. This fight troubled her. In part because it showed she was clearly out of practive with her markmanship. But also, this vocal argument among his comrades confused her. Why did Nor let Shou know that he is displeased with him? If he does not like Shou why did he not just quietly arrange for him to be killed? Now Shou knows of a possible conflict and will most likely try to kill Nor first. These surface dwellers act strange sometimes.

Nihilarian
2012-08-04, 08:35 AM
Daisy purses her lips. You can practically see her switch gears. "Well, I don't know much about tracking anyway, but wouldn't it be difficult to tell one boot from another when there's this many around? Do we even know the right size to look for?"

Chained Birds
2012-08-04, 09:11 AM
Spike

Stowing his crossbow and picking up his musket, Spike begins to dust his firearm off and appears to check it for damages.

"I only accomplished one-half of my objective during the battle. Killing the leader was my primary, but my poor aim costed me. I was only able to take out the secondary leader, who became the new primary leader, and for that I appologize.
I shall forgo all the items we've collected as my punishment."

He then ties the firearm back to his side and sits in wait for the rest of the group to finish.

Mari01
2012-08-04, 10:55 AM
You all took this way too seriously. We're all alive and the enemy is dead. Isn't that what really matters?

raspberrybadger
2012-08-04, 11:47 AM
Seeing all this effort to gather the stuff, Nor speaks up:

"Who's going to carry all this? If that kobold thing wasn't lying, theres more of them out there. Potions, money, sure. Anything we can use. The rest, unless you can carry it without slowing you, we can just stick under the biggest rock or something. We can pick it up on the way back."

Mari01
2012-08-04, 01:03 PM
Not to mention quite a few of us have injuries. Perhaps a short break for healing would be ideal.

ChrisClark13
2012-08-04, 01:23 PM
Shou casts Detect Magic and examines the bottles. I don't care really about the stuff we can't use either, but these potions might be something nice.

Starbuck_II
2012-08-04, 02:06 PM
(After 3 rounds of detect magic Shou determines)
You determine both are faint conjuration school potions, but you don't correctly know what exactly.

I was amazed that you didn't take spellcraft or Know (arcana) ranks, but I roll a nat 19 so you got Know check for aura. Sadly, the spellcrafts were below 10.

raspberrybadger
2012-08-04, 03:36 PM
Nor says "Who is seriously injured? I saw some people try to run past those things and get hit, but I don't know how bad. I'm pretty much fine. I managed to negate everything but the fire from that blasted sling bullet. That will heal soon enough on its own though."

Mari01
2012-08-04, 04:23 PM
I can attend to my own injuries. I'm far more concerned with one of you walking around with one foot in your grave.

ChrisClark13
2012-08-04, 08:23 PM
Shou sets the potions down. Hmm... conjuration auras... and one of the other kolbolds drank one of these potions right? Probably safe to assume these are both some of those cheaper healing potions.

Chained Birds
2012-08-04, 08:52 PM
Spike

"I would suggest we move forward so as not to be assaulted by more of those kobolds. Seems like the leader might come back with more soldiers."

a_humble_lich
2012-08-04, 09:04 PM
"I agree, we do not want to be around when the rest of them come back." Before heading off again, Xythilla takes the pile of Kobold possessions (without the potions or silver) and hides it in the nearby trees.

Starbuck_II
2012-08-04, 10:57 PM
I'll assume you guys are all ready:

The party's journey is uneventful after the encounter with the kobolds and The rutted King’s Road leads to the foot of a broad hill that holds the walled village of Winterhaven. The village is nestled in the southern foothills of the Cairngorm Peaks. The walls are weathered stone topped by defensive palisades.

Small thatched homes stand around Winterhaven, each fronting a small piece of farmland or pasture. Beyond the farms to the west and south lie dark woods, and to the north, tall mountain peaks.
Farmers and their carts are trundling in and out of the village's gate as the guards prepare to lock the gate for the night.

Map for better image in mind:
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/Kelor1/Keep%20on%20the%20Shadowfell/Winterhaven.jpg

ChrisClark13
2012-08-05, 07:40 PM
Shou walks up to one of the guards. Hey, do you know where we can find Parle Cranwing?

Might as well roll Diplomacy
[roll0]

Starbuck_II
2012-08-05, 09:39 PM
The guard turns toward Shou, surprised that you came up the road. "Huh, not as much. But if you are looking for someone you should check out Wrafton's for him, the best tavern we have. I'll grant it is the only one, but still the best. In fact, I'll say You'll find no finer inn than there."

Overhearing this the guard on the other side of the gate speaks out. "What do you have to compare it to Erl? You've never been more than a few leagues from here."

"Ha, you'll have to ignore Nat over there sirs, you see, he was born the next town over and thinks he's worldlier than the rest of us folk. You'll get a good meal and the rooms are clean at Wraftons, most of the other traders stay there if they don't have a home nearby, and the best news dashed with gossip. If no one there knows him, he isn't here. You should ask Valthrun there. You'll find it just down the street."
(#2 on map)

"Now if Valthrun isn't in the tavern, you could ask him at his tower. He is the town's sage. Knows most things of rest of us have forgotten."
(#6 on map)

raspberrybadger
2012-08-05, 11:04 PM
Nor is glad to see the walls. He's been worried about kobold attack, and he's been going over in his mind what to do in case, say, 10 of those slingers attack at once. He pretty much gets that he's not the best one to do the negotiating. For that sort of thing, his job is to stand there, and possibly to be large and well muscled.

Mari01
2012-08-06, 12:32 AM
What kind of person is the Professor? Oh! And have you heard anything about the keep?

a_humble_lich
2012-08-06, 01:45 AM
"Well, it seems this Valthrun is exactly the sort of fellow we wish to talk to. That will be out next stop, tank you. And my friend is right, do you know anything of the keep. We have heard so many conflicting rumors."

Chained Birds
2012-08-06, 05:11 AM
Spike

Very unimpressed with the town,

"Let us meet with the Professor right away. Afterwards, we can rest and resupply ourselves if necessary.
I'll check for him at the Tower."

He says as he heads out.

Nihilarian
2012-08-06, 06:46 AM
"Then I suppose I'll just have to go and check out Wrafton's." Daisy tries to sound nonchalant, but she looks like a kid denying that she's going to go stick her hand in the cookie jar. She scurries to the inn quickly.

Starbuck_II
2012-08-06, 10:44 AM
So Daisy's hurrying to Wrafton's; Spike is heading to the Tower.
Just checking.
Wrafton's is closer so I'll do that first.

Erl says, "The professor is pretty smart, kind of long winded, and I've seen him cast magic. Not high powered stuff but still, he can heal wounds like any cleric and he can create spirals of fire too. I've seen him do so when some stupid kobolds attacked. Darn things never stood a chance."

The guard Nat thinks hard, "Now this keep, wouldn't be those old ruins over yonder, would they? I heard Valthron say he was talking with someone who wanted them mapped, but with the kobolds, booted scorpion rabbits, and other dangers I doubt anyone is foolish enough. Now get along we got to close the gate and we can't be talking on duty."

Erl laughs, " You said doody, "

Nat sighs, "This what I have to work with." They both close the gates after everyone is inside.

Wrafton's:
The interior of Wrafton's is large, with tables dotted throughout the floor and two massive fireplaces burning at either end heating the room. Patrons are scattered across the room, some just drinking and talking, one table seems to be involved in some sort of card game and in about corner two men are singing, badly off key, while holding up a third between them who appears to have passed out mid song.

(this song is playing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyvB38zvElE but more drunken-like, it is elven)

A woman is serving drinks at the bar. One of men sitting at the bar raises his head at this. "Hey Syl, what about my next drink? You know I'm good for it!"

"You're good for nothing Eilian, that's why you only get what you can pay for right now. And don't you go pestering my waiters for another round, they know not to serve you anything either unless they see some coin first." Turning toward Daisy as she walks in she greets her with a smile. "Greetings traveler, I'm Sylvana Wrafton. Owner of this fine establishment. What can I do for you?"

Sylvana Wrafton is a human who appears to be in her mid-30s, of medium height with dark hair tied back behind her head. She banters back and forth with both the staff and patrons and seems very much at home in the setting.

After the song ends, a human woman gets on stage with her fiddle, "I'm Donna, and this is Hyrule, my masterpiece"
(Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3KUyPKbR7Q )

ChrisClark13
2012-08-06, 12:33 PM
Shou follows Daisy to Wraftons and when Donna starts playing her song, Oh! I know this one! Then he starts singing this song. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr9sOsAs54s )

Perform check! [roll0]

Starbuck_II
2012-08-06, 02:16 PM
(Meanwhile at Valthrun's tower)
The door is to the tower is rusty and has seen better days, but is ajar and not closed. You can see inside that there is a long staircase leading up beside that there is a door to rest of 1st floor, but it is padlocked.

Does Spike go up the stairs looking for Valthrun?

Chained Birds
2012-08-06, 02:47 PM
Spike

Spike is far too respectful to just walk into a place unannounced.

"I, Abyssike Merrowgeist, will make my presence know! Is Professor Valthrun present?!"

If he receives no answer,

"I shall enter now..."

He then enters the Tower.

Starbuck_II
2012-08-06, 03:34 PM
There is no answer on the 1st floor.
If you use the stairs the next two floors are also all locked. On the 4th floor, a small Pseudodragon eyes you and asks, "Why are you here, Mr. Fish?"

a_humble_lich
2012-08-06, 03:59 PM
After getting distracted looking at some of the cloth for sale at the market, Xythilla hurries behind Spike to the tower, reaching him just as he reaches the 4th floor.

Chained Birds
2012-08-06, 04:16 PM
Spike

Looking down at the dragon,

"I announced my reasons for coming here, I do wish not to repeat myself; but I'll do so once and only once. I'm here seeking out the man known as Professor Valthrun. If he is not here, I'll take my leave. Now tell me creature, do you know of where the professor lies?"

Starbuck_II
2012-08-06, 04:50 PM
Spike

Looking down at the dragon,

"I announced my reasons for coming here, I do wish not to repeat myself; but I'll do so once and only once. I'm here seeking out the man known as Professor Valthrun. If he is not here, I'll take my leave. Now tell me creature, do you know of where the professor lies?"

The Pseudodragon coos, "My master? He is getting shoshed at the tavern. He loves Donna's music. If you come again, bring apples."

Back at Wrathon's:
"Maybe you should get a little drunk to relax more before you sing, the pitch was all off, " says a drunk man who listened closely to Shou's song."

Chained Birds
2012-08-06, 05:07 PM
Spike

Pondering to himself,

"Apples you say. What are those? I feel like I've heard that name before, but I have yet to find such an item. If you lead me to your master, I'll present you with these 'apples' you have interest in. As I would not be able to purchase an item that I do not know without assistance from someone that does."

Starbuck_II
2012-08-06, 05:34 PM
At the Tower:
Apples are the fruit that is produced by trees, namely apple trees. Have you been living in the ocean most of your life? Fine, follow me, keep up. The Pseudodragon flaps its fairie wings a few times before flying down the stairs toward the tavern.

Back at tavern:
So big boy,] replies a pretty elven lass with a bow on her back, I don't think I've seen you before. toward Shou. Are you here on business or pleasure?

ChrisClark13
2012-08-06, 07:27 PM
Shou turned to the elf. Maybe a bit of both? I dunno, I probably should've drank something before I sang too, my throat was all dry. He takes a seat at the counter. We're looking for some Professor guy who wants us to map some keep ruins.

Nihilarian
2012-08-06, 09:13 PM
Daisy pipes up, "And a beer! Can I have a beer?" She puts on her cheesiest grin.

Starbuck_II
2012-08-06, 09:51 PM
We serve many types of liquer. You young lady, might like Dwarven stout, caydenbrew, linnorm mead, or maybe luglurch if you think you can handle it. Let me start you off with a caydenbrew. That is the standard beer taken here. That'll be 5 copper pieces for a mug, ma'am. Sylvana says she looks over that the young dame Daisy.
You look like you'll want a linnorm mead mug, it is sweet like nectar and helps singing 4 copper pieces. Has a little aftertaste, but for singing it is a miracle worker. Sylvana says to Shou.

The elf lass says, "I'm Ninaran. Those ruins are in dangerous territory. There are kobold and goblins out there. Are you sure you will be okay by yourself?"

An old man at a nearby table says, "Are you looking for my pal Perle Cranwing? He was talking about the ruins before he left. Sit over here and I'll tel you where he went if you first introduce yourself."

Nihilarian
2012-08-06, 10:36 PM
Daisy puts down 5 copper and picks up her mug, before moseying on over to the man who spoke up. "Name's Daisy, and yeah, that Parley Cranberry guy hired us to take a look at those ruins."

ChrisClark13
2012-08-07, 01:20 AM
Shou hmms... for a moment. Can I get some water instead? I tend to get a little... crazy with my magic when I'm drunk and yeah that's the guy that hired us. he says as he turns to the old man who Daisy's talking to.

a_humble_lich
2012-08-07, 07:07 AM
Just as Xythilla makes it to Spike, she sees him turn around back down the stairs again, following a tiny winged lizard. "I take it the professor is not here? And who is your new friend?"

Starbuck_II
2012-08-07, 09:26 AM
Shou hmms... for a moment. Can I get some water instead? I tend to get a little... crazy with my magic when I'm drunk and yeah that's the guy that hired us. he says as he turns to the old man who Daisy's talking to.

Sure, if you can't handle your stuff probably safer, 2 copper pieces. Salvana gets him some water.

Pleased to meet you, Daisy, I am the sage Valthrun. Now, your Cranewing has studied extensively those old ruins. He claimed they might be linked to an ancient human empire. But since we had no way of going over there, we could only use old rumors and books to hypothesize. The old man takes gulp of his mug. We should discuss more at my tower. Some things are better not said in public... Wouldn't want to cause a panic.. (whispers). But I reckon, that Cranewing has gone to the nearby burial site of the village. Supposedly a dragon was buried there long ago. He said he was going to speak to Eilian for directions over at his farm. Eilian, did he make it there?

"Yeah, Cranewing came by my farm. I told him that a dragon here was hogewash. That place if just dead bodies and a trash heap. But he had none of that. So I gave him directions. It has been a day, I do hope the poor man's alright." Eilian said as he drunk his mug.

raspberrybadger
2012-08-07, 11:36 AM
Nor was about to follow Spike to keep him out of trouble, but then he saw Xythilla rush off. In Nor's mind, Xythilla is more than capable of handling things, and two is enough to keep most trouble from happening before it starts he hopes. That leads him free to follow Daisy to the tavern. Daisy looks like she's got things covered, so he keeps his mouth shut, except to take out four coppers and order a mead. He switches between watching what Daisy is doing and watching the door, probably looking more than a little suspicious in the process.

ChrisClark13
2012-08-07, 01:21 PM
Shou puts down one of the sliver pieces he got from the kobolds. How about something to eat as well?

Nihilarian
2012-08-07, 01:41 PM
Daisy quaffs her stuff. "No time for that, Shou! Cranberry's in danger!" She looks towards Eilian. "Can you give us directions?"

Starbuck_II
2012-08-07, 03:09 PM
"Little late for that, miss. This time of night, we close the gates so kobolds, booted scorpian rabbits, and ghoulish creatures of the night can't get us. Sure, the rabbits can burrow but they never appear past the walls so we figure they don't know they can." Eilian takes a big gulp of his mug.

"If you want to get out, you'll have to speak to the Lord. Lord Padraig rules here. His manor is just past the inner gate which is beside our city's Temple. We haven't have that many visitors, maybe he'll trust you are able and give you permission. Now you bring up a good point, he might be in danger. Why don't we go to the Manor together, surely we can convince the Lord to let you go. Are you sure you are ready though?" Sage Valthrun asks you.

Salvanna smiles toward Shou, "For a silver piece, we have freshly baked bread, baked turnips with onions, and a refill of your water to go with it." And she grabs the coin quickly gathers the meal from behind the bar.

(#10 is Temple, #11 is Inner Gate, #14 is Manor)
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/Kelor1/Keep%20on%20the%20Shadowfell/Winterhaven.jpg

Mari01
2012-08-07, 03:36 PM
Ghoulish creatures you say? What do you know about them? If you need it, I'd like to help with any duties that might encounter those things. Agatha's eyes light up at the word "ghoulish".

Starbuck_II
2012-08-07, 04:21 PM
Well, this is just rumors, but Eilian heard tell that undead are known to be seen near the ruins and the graveyard where Cranewing went. I think it is superstitious stories myself. " Sage Valthrun says.

"Well, they are. My uncle's brothers sister's nephew's father saw it. He saw the dead walk he did. He might have been drunk though. But that doesn't discount it." Eilian answers.

ChrisClark13
2012-08-07, 05:05 PM
Shou gets to quickly snarfing down his meal and then gets out a small burp when he's done. Okay, I'm ready now, some one lead the way because I wasn't listening.

raspberrybadger
2012-08-07, 05:38 PM
Nor finally peeps up and says "If we're truly in that much of a hurry, we'll need to pick up the other two, and fast."

a_humble_lich
2012-08-07, 06:22 PM
At this moment, Xythilla and Spike arrive following a tiny dragon. Hello, it seems the professor was here after all. Have you found anything?

I hope that it is alright for us to arrive now, I just wanted to try to move things along and get my character involved. :smallbiggrin:

Nihilarian
2012-08-07, 06:56 PM
Daisy gets up and heads towards the door, ushering Xythilla and Spike right back out. As she goes, she says, "Guy who hired us might be in danger, they apparently closes the gates in the ten minutes we've been in town, and we're going to ask them politely to open it."

a_humble_lich
2012-08-07, 07:06 PM
"Well, I think I've ran around this entire town now. Can't I just be at the right place once?"

Starbuck_II
2012-08-07, 08:52 PM
It is fine I was going to have us run into you once outside.

Valthrun, these two are looking for you. Do you have apples?

My pseudodragon? Simon, go back to my tower. Here is an apple throws it at Simon who gobbles it up.

"Well, then" Sage Valthrun says "All of you follow me. Is there anyone else before we go, no? Let us be off to the inner gates. "

You guys walk toward the inner gates, passing the barracks who tip their hats at the Sage, the temple where Sister Linora waves, and of course Sage's tower. Once at the Inner gates. Two guards stand guard holding short spears and heavy shields wearing chainmail. They spot everyone and turn toward you.

"Halt! Why are you here this late at night?"

Chained Birds
2012-08-07, 09:27 PM
Spike

"So that's what an apple was... Hmm..."

After traveling along, Spike responds to the guards.

"Isn't it obvious?"

Mari01
2012-08-08, 12:48 AM
Hmmm. So those rumors about the undead actually have some weight to them. This just keeps getting better and better!

Starbuck_II
2012-08-08, 09:23 AM
"Sage Valthrun, why are you cavorting with these figures? I mean, a fish person, not be racist but ew. It has no legs" one of the guard shouts.

"I'll ignore that remark, these people wish to leave the town this late at night. They wish to search for Cranewing, he still isn't back. We wish to plead the lord for permission." Valthrun answers.

"Well, you are respected here Valthrun, but it wlil be on your head if they misbehave. I have my eyes on you fish person." the guard says as he turns and says to Spike.

The first thing you notice about the manor house is it is made of stone. No thatched roofs like most of houses here. It has its own fountain with a fish spraying water.

"Would one of you like to knock? I'm not as strong as I used to be." Valthrun asks.

Nihilarian
2012-08-08, 09:35 AM
Daisy steps forward and knocks three times on the door.

Chained Birds
2012-08-08, 09:46 AM
Spike

Spike ignores the fish comments, he simply slides along swinging his arms back and forth as he walks with the group. He whispers to himself,

"Haters going to hate..."

Once they get to the mansion, Spike tries to volunteer to knock, but his slow speed is apparent as the young Daisy beats him to the door...

Starbuck_II
2012-08-08, 09:51 AM
A door is barely open just enough for a man to look out. A servant answers where a nice suit, "Whom may I say is knocking? And what do you want?"

Nihilarian
2012-08-08, 09:54 AM
"I'm Daisy, and I want to leave town. I hear I got to talk to your boss to do that." Daisy jabs her thumb in Valthrun's direction.

Starbuck_II
2012-08-08, 10:56 AM
"Sigh, you may enter, but don't cause any trouble. Step into the foyer, I will collect him. Close the door when you all enter." The servant opens the door and then walks upstairs.

A few moments later, a man dressed in fine clothing walks down stairs, he has a sword at his side in his its scabbard. He has a long cape at his back.

"What is it? Valthrun why are you here and who are they? Are you people here for the cooking job I posted?"Lord Padraig asks.

Nihilarian
2012-08-08, 02:04 PM
"Nope, we were hired to go into the ruins, but the guy that hired us has been missing for a few days and we want to find him before we go. Apparently we can't leave the city without your say-so."

Starbuck_II
2012-08-08, 03:10 PM
I can't give everyone permission. How about thism, you agree to also deal with another problem and I'll give you permission." .
LOrd Padraig pauses to consider what to say:
"We have been having issues with reptilian creature called kobolds lately. These beasts vex me to no end. But the village refuses to recognize the seriousness of the problem. Attacks aong the road have been more frequent over last few months. Something is stirring up those creatures. I don't suppose you stop them, do you? I have a map to their lair south-east of the village, along the mountain path. You may keep whatever you find in the lair, even if it used to be former property of the town. And say 100 gp each. You tackle the beasts after you save the man if tou desire. Lord Padraig replied.

a_humble_lich
2012-08-08, 03:17 PM
"While I cannot speak for the others, I think this would be most agreeable. We ourselves had an incident with those wretches on the road out here and would be interested in teaching them a lesson they shall not soon forget."

ChrisClark13
2012-08-08, 04:21 PM
Shou nods. Sounds like fun

Chained Birds
2012-08-08, 05:16 PM
Spike

"Fine... I guess we can hunt them down. Too bad I can't follow the blood in the water to find their home. I miss my former tracking methods..."

raspberrybadger
2012-08-08, 06:51 PM
Nor considers for a moment. Xythilla supports it. And it's true the creatures might be a problem for the group later - and letting them prepare an ambush could turn out poorly. On the other hand, fighting creatures known for ambush in their most fortified place, for a hundred gold, sounds a little crazy. He decides that there's an important question that must be asked:

"This lair. Is it under ground? Fighting in tunnels meant for those things could be practically suicidal. Above ground, that's a fair price for the work."

Starbuck_II
2012-08-08, 10:51 PM
Nor considers for a moment. Xythilla supports it. And it's true the creatures might be a problem for the group later - and letting them prepare an ambush could turn out poorly. On the other hand, fighting creatures known for ambush in their most fortified place, for a hundred gold, sounds a little crazy. He decides that there's an important question that must be asked:

"This lair. Is it under ground? Fighting in tunnels meant for those things could be practically suicidal. Above ground, that's a fair price for the work."

"I do not know the specifics exactly. I know it is by a forest with a river flowing to it through a waterfall, but that is all my scouts a tell me. How about this, you go, if there a too tough tunnels you come back, I'll pay you 5 gp to tell me what lair looks like behind waterfall. It might help if I need to attack later assuming you can't handle it. Heck I'll also pay the 5 each if you succed in defeating them too assuming you can giveme details on the inside of the lair." Lord Padraig said considering what you said deeply.

a_humble_lich
2012-08-09, 04:28 AM
Although her exterior does not show it, Xythilla is eager for a chance to get back underground. "I wouldn't be to worried about hunting those vermin down in their holes. They can be annoying in numbers but they are not a true threat." Xythilla remembers back to when she would join raiding parties to the upper caverns to capture kobold slaves. While they had a short life expectancy, there were fun to watch in the arena.

raspberrybadger
2012-08-09, 03:27 PM
Nor figures this gets them out the gates, and they can decide whether it's safe to collect the 100 gold when they see how bad things really are. So he says in a confident voice "Sounds fair. Agreed."

Chained Birds
2012-08-09, 04:10 PM
Spike

"Do we need a note or something so we can leave?"

Starbuck_II
2012-08-09, 04:58 PM
Sure, let me write you a pass with my signature. You'll be let in or out after dark if you show this off. I have a good feeling you'll be able to handle the kobolds. Lord Padraif gets out a paper writes his requests and signs it then rolls it up.

If time wasn't an issue we could have waited til daylight, but I guess Cranewing might be dead by then so thanks for the help Lord. Valthrun said as he bows to Lord Padraig. Let us be off. I have something to say when we get back to the tavern.

Valthrun walks away until he reaches the the front of the tavern.
Once there (assuming you followed), he turns to you guys and says, "Look, I can't help much directly, but if you ever need any sage advice or minor healing, I'll offer you 2 free gifts of it. After that you'll need to pay, I can't give my whole business away." He says as he laughs. He wishes you luck then goes back inside the tavern to get his drinking on.

Chained Birds
2012-08-09, 07:12 PM
Spike

As the man leaves, the Merfolk stares at his 3 remaining Cartridges and then at a very light coin purse. He grimaces for a moment and sighs.

"Well, let's best be off. We don't want a dead man waiting for us due to our inactivity."

Spike starts sliding off towards the exit.

Nihilarian
2012-08-09, 07:45 PM
Daisy nods. She takes the paper from whoever has it and walks towards the gate. She says, "Hi! Can I go out there?" She gestures vaguely at the gate with the paper in her hand.

Starbuck_II
2012-08-09, 08:43 PM
Erl turns to Daisy "What paper? Let me see that."

Nat agrees, " It looks like their met with the Lord. Dear me, he gave you folks permission to open the gate? What can you folk want with out there? It is dangerous."

Erl nods "We might as well open it, but please go quickly, we don't want anything to get in"
They take the board holding the gates shut together off then open each ofthe gate doors.

Nat replies "Holler, if you want to comeback before morning. And you miss, (looking at Daisy) if you are looking for a place to stay can come by room later (he growls) he laughs as he says it.

Erl sighs, "He is drunk, don't mind him.

Nihilarian
2012-08-10, 11:51 AM
Daisy grins and winks, broadly, saying "Sorry fella, you're too pretty for my taste. I like my men looking like they got their face beaten in by a hammer!"

She walks out the door, cheerily waving bye to Erl and Nat.

raspberrybadger
2012-08-11, 04:06 PM
Nor doesn't quite get what Daisy's insult is, but he figures it was a good putdown to that guy. Who deserved whatever it was. He's in a hurry now - he figures he's got some duty to keep his employer safe. Plus, won't get paid by a dead guy. So he says "We go as fast as we can until we get near where the undead might be. Ah, as fast as we can without leaving behind the slow guy." With that, he gets moving.

Mari01
2012-08-11, 09:47 PM
Ah we're on our way. I can't help but get excited by what we'll find!! So long everyone, the next time you see us we'll be adventurers!

Chained Birds
2012-08-11, 10:03 PM
Spike

"Another day away from my beloved Sea. Makes you feel like putting a musket to your head and pulling the trigger... I hope our employer isn't dead yet."

Mari01
2012-08-11, 11:00 PM
Agatha turns to Spike with a disappointed look on her face. No need for that now. Besides, it's bad luck to invoke death on yourself like that. She holds out her holy symbol and continues. Our faithful believe that you need to cram as much as you can in this life. There's a few other things too. While I can't say there is much concerning the sea, as long as you don't bite it too soon, you can always just walk....fish-tail it back. In fact, I think I might join you for a while. I've never seen much of the sea. And if something that walks on it's tail is common, the surprises must be grand!

Chained Birds
2012-08-11, 11:38 PM
Spike

"There are several things in the Sea that I find common, but others find bizarre. But those common things, like many aspects of my life, shall remain a secret. And secrets can only be revealed once the time is right... Which is not now. Maybe if we get to the sea one day or something."

The religious symbol got Spike to think about those he worships. He doesn't feel like the others would understand why he believes in such beings unless he also had to reveal one of his most cherished secrets. Perhaps o e day, but not now.

"Either way, no time to reminisce about the past. A man's life is at stack, and a paying man to boot."

Spike picks up the pace, having to expend more energy than most to keep up with his allies.

a_humble_lich
2012-08-12, 06:26 AM
Now that the sun has set, Xythilla feels much more comfortable. "I'll scout ahead." She says before quietly moving ahead of the group, looking for any source of trouble along their path.

She will try to stay about 60' ahead of the group, out of the light and moving silently.

Stealth: [roll0]

Starbuck_II
2012-08-12, 07:54 AM
A few hours walk at a brisk pace through the lightly wooded hills leads you toward the spot marked on the map by Eilian. The ground evens out and the brush clears away with the exception of a few straggly bushes. A steep-sided crater punctures the wilderness. Near the center of the depression, several humanoid figures cluster around a collection of bones. It is now dark with only a few stars in the sky, but the moon is only 1/2 full.

Xythilla

Two small, dragonlike creatures near the crater rim stand alert and stare at the direction where you approach. You can't tell if they see you in the darkness. On the far side of the crater, a sinister mist presides over the gathering. There are a few torches inside the crater giving off light. The men being human likely lack darkvision.

Map to give general idea of area: http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/Kelor1/Keep%20on%20the%20Shadowfell/DigSite2250x1575-Smaller.jpg
You are at very bottom of map.

Nor:

You are too far to make out any big details, but you can see the general area
Map to give general idea of area: http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/Kelor1/Keep%20on%20the%20Shadowfell/DigSite2250x1575-Smaller.jpg
You are at very bottom of map.

raspberrybadger
2012-08-12, 08:07 PM
Nor makes sure he's in front of the group, so people aren't in his way if there's a fight, and so people can see him. He motions to everyone but Xythilla to stop and be quiet - he tries to be really obvious about it. Unless someone has some magic he doesn't know about, Xythilla is the one who is best at sneaking and at seeing stuff in all this dark, so it's up to her to decide what to do, how to find their employer, all that.

a_humble_lich
2012-08-13, 06:47 AM
After a quick prayer, Xythilla makes sure her crossbow is loaded and carefully moves closer. The small creatures guarding the craters edge seem to be the biggest threats so she tries to give them a wide berth. But she does want to try to get inside the crater and see what sort of creatures the humanoids are and if they have our employer.

OK. I hope the dice gods are kind. My goal is to try to stay away from the dragonlike creatures, as I hope my darkvision is longer ranged.

If I mess up the rest of you guys will bail me out, right?

Here are some rolls
Perception: [roll1]

Chained Birds
2012-08-13, 07:18 AM
Spike

The Merfolk... Tries to stay out of trouble.

Edit: And apparently does an unusually amazing job at it. :smallconfused:

Nihilarian
2012-08-13, 09:41 AM
Daisy makes like a merfolk and hides.

Starbuck_II
2012-08-13, 10:56 AM
Xythilia and the rest of you can hear the men talking.
"Don't slow down. We don't want to come back empty handed. He has killed men for less."
"What about the Cranewing? Are we taking him back to base?"
"I'll think about it. He may have uses other than his knowledge."
"Boss, the drakes are getting antsy. I think something is out there or they needto be walked."
Yelling "Hello, we know you are there. Come on out. Don't be shy!"
"Maybe, one of us should go investigate?"

Xythilia can see the number of men down there

You can see five down there.
Three are digging with pickaxes and shovels. One is small and barking orders; while another is drinking water and resting.

Mari01
2012-08-13, 11:00 AM
I think they know we're here.

a_humble_lich
2012-08-14, 05:32 AM
Hoping that it was the rest of the group that was heard, Xythilla stays put, watching what these people are doing, and ready to shoot them if the need arises.

Nihilarian
2012-08-14, 08:46 AM
"Eh, I'm not much good at hiding anyway." Daisy steps out of the shadows. "Hi!"

Starbuck_II
2012-08-14, 09:43 AM
"Hell there miss. Name's Agrid, I see you've been watching us. Come look, we found a relic from the past. Cranewing was right about this place. But you've fully appreciate this item from way up there. Come on down to the dragon bones and see what the workers have discovered. "

The men continue digging, but Agrid just watches this time keeping Daisy in view.

ChrisClark13
2012-08-14, 10:12 AM
Shou steps out after Daisy. "Oh, Cranewing! Where is he? Valthrun's worried about him."

raspberrybadger
2012-08-14, 10:57 AM
Nor doesn't think negotiating with these guys will be any good, but he hopes it won't be a major problem. The real problem, as he sees it, is the drakes. He'd like to know how many there are, and where they are. This could get really painful. Then he realizes - these guys have the drakes under control. If given the right persuasion, they might tell the drakes to back down. That, and tell what they did with Cranewing. So he'll need the leader alive, and down. He can work with that. So he says nothing, but gets to where the others won't be in the way when a fight breaks out, even if he has to make himself large. He looks for spots on both the left and the right where he's got decent access to the leader.

Starbuck_II
2012-08-14, 03:47 PM
Agrid the gnome smiles, "Yes, just walk over by the dragon skeleton pit we are digging. After we show you what we have, we can all go see Cranewing together. You know how Cranewing is; never good at letting others know where he is.
That remind me of my uncle Scregly, we called him that because he wasn't just ugly, he was smelling. Well, one day we thought he was missing, we searched high and low, not too high being gnomes you understand, mostly low come to think of it. He was sleeping in the turnip barrels. We used to use crates, but then we had a gibberling attack. Those things never attack barrels so we switched to them. To make a long story short, it was late, he wanted a midnight snack and fell in to the barrel. He figured he had food so might stay in there. It was three days before we found him. When we found him, the barrels was empty and he put on 10 pounds. So no need to worry about Cranewing.

Just then a mumbling sound is heard from a nearby crate.
Agrid looks toward direction of the crate then back to you men that are visible" "Places like this always make you hear things. Why I thought I heard a ghost an hour ago but it was just a owl" he laughs.

Everyone make a sense motive check.

Nihilarian
2012-08-14, 04:02 PM
Sense Motive: [roll0]

ChrisClark13
2012-08-14, 05:07 PM

Mari01
2012-08-14, 05:17 PM

raspberrybadger
2012-08-14, 05:22 PM
Nor was sort of expecting some sort of fight, or at least planning for it, but it looks like Daisy is negotiating, and the other side wants to talk. He spends the time planning how to win the fight if one breaks out.

a_humble_lich
2012-08-14, 08:13 PM
Still hopefully hidden in the darkness, Xythilla watches the scene unfold.

Since she's not there directly I'm not sure if I should roll sense motive too, but just in case. (Althoug given how awesome my skill is I'm not hoping for much.

Mari01
2012-08-14, 09:38 PM
.... but that didn't sound like an owl at all. I think it came from that crate...er barrel.....container thing!

Nihilarian
2012-08-14, 09:57 PM
Daisy grins cheerfully, saying "Sounded like an owl to me! What do owls sound like?"

ChrisClark13
2012-08-14, 11:30 PM
Shou walks over to the box and taps it hard with his foot a couple of times. "Mind if I take a look inside?

a_humble_lich
2012-08-15, 05:16 AM
Xythilla carefully aims at Agrid, but waits for something to happen....

Chained Birds
2012-08-16, 06:07 AM
Spike

Throughout this whole Senario, Spike has been simply hanging back in the shadows with a very uninterested demeanor. While he does have his crossbow drawn and loaded, he doesn't really feel like wasting any more ammo on a bunch of guys who are not Kobolds.
For now, he continues to see what happens with a complete lack of interest.

Spike's Face: :smallannoyed:

Nihilarian
2012-08-16, 08:55 AM
Daisy walks with Shou over to the box. She says, idly, "I wonder what an owl looks like. I wonder what an owl tastes like." She peers behind the box in anticipation.

Starbuck_II
2012-08-16, 10:12 AM
"You shouldn't have walked over to the box, kiddies, guess I'll have to spank you. Boys stop digging and start killin', drakes, sic anyone not us. Once we take them down we'll stabilize those we can. Probably be easier to transfer."
The men ready themselves.

Map

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoNhAVlr5CymdDlZOXJuWkwyVW9LMDdPYnNVLTdDb Wc#gid=0

Except for Shou and Daisy (who are there the crate at J-11), place your characters in OCC by posting. You can be anywhere from A-Y, 17-25)
The pink area covering the lanterns is their area of light, past that is dim light of same area, but since the moon is out, it doesn't factor too much.

Init Order:

Sniper 10
Agrid 18
Drakes 21
Workers 21
Team Hero 17
Since Xythilia was aiming at Agrid, he gets one surprise round before 1st turn starts.

a_humble_lich
2012-08-16, 02:54 PM
Xythilla touches the trigger...

First she will be at W17

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Starbuck_II
2012-08-16, 11:19 PM
Enemy Turn music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbaKgKjzcrM&feature=related

Xythilia's crossbowbolt flies toward the gnome who is hit in the chest. He spurts blood from his lips, he look like he is almost down. He smiles his crooked red stained teeth at Xythilia.

The tiny (did I forget to mention their size?) drakes are angry at their master being attacked. V1 jumps/moves toward Spike, the jumps and slashes at him on the rock moved to N-23 and narrowly just gives a tiny scratch to Spike (1 nonlethal).
V2 charges Nor while turning into a swirling monster of teeth and claws (1 lethal, 2 nonlethal), but due to his size just causes a minor scratches and tiring the Orc out from attempting to dodge the creatures many attacks.

Worker w2 moves toward Shou, swings and chips him in the ankle (3 damage).
Worker w3 moves to K-12 then swings at Daisy but she weaves out of way. Worker 4 picks up his pickaxe then moves to K-8. W 1 attempts to trip Shou, but fails to get the leverage.

Agrid draws and drinks a potion, then disappears.

The party's Turn
Reposting Map:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoNhAVlr5CymdDlZOXJuWkwyVW9LMDdPYnNVLTdDb Wc#gid=0

Mari01
2012-08-16, 11:49 PM
Why are so many creatures in such a rush to see the Boneyard Gates? She sighs. Far be it from me to deny your transition.

5 ft step to L12 and use Death's Kiss on Shou. So long as he doesn't mind the buff, should I really have to roll to touch him? Move action to draw scythe.

a_humble_lich
2012-08-17, 12:59 AM
...V2 charges Nor while turning into a swirling monster of teeth and claws (1 lethal, 2 nonlethal), but due to his size just causes a minor scratches and tiring the drow out from attempting to dodge the creatures many attacks.

I assume you meant tiring Nor out, unless Nor is also a drow and I didn't know about it.

Chained Birds
2012-08-17, 01:09 AM
Spike

With the minor cut, he leers at the Drake and whispers,

"...Why me? Just go away-"

As he makes some shoo-ing motions with one of his hands before focusing in on on one of the workers.
Standard Action: Crossbow Attack VS W4 (Provoking AoO from Drake)
- Crit Attack(19-20x2): [roll2]
- Damage: [roll3]

Edit: Crit! + Crit Confirm(Maybe)!

If the Drake continues to pester Spike, the Merfolk will drop his crossbow and draw his Halberd.
If the Drake scores a hit with its AoO:

Free Action: Drop Crossbow
Move Action: Draw Halberd

Starbuck_II
2012-08-17, 10:11 AM
I assume you meant tiring Nor out, unless Nor is also a drow and I didn't know about it.

Well:

Made a mistake, was writing about Xythilia and when I rolled for attacking you, I forgot your race briefly.

The drake slashes a claw at Spike, but Spike puts his crossbow to shove it away from him giving enough time to get a shot off. Spike's bolt flies true and through the worker w4 before shattering on the ground, he drops his pick, and whispers as he passes, "Did it have to happen now?"

Nihilarian
2012-08-17, 10:30 AM
Daisy dances back, drawing her halberd and swinging it wide at one of the workers.5 ft. step left, attack W3 with halberd.

Starbuck_II
2012-08-17, 11:11 AM
Daisy's attack is almost blocked by W1 who attempt to defend his ally, but the halbred goes through. The halbred smashes into the (W3) man's head, he goes down.

raspberrybadger
2012-08-17, 12:06 PM
There go the negotiations. And the plan to drop this guy. No time to transform. Just swing. Let Daisy handle taking those workers. Hope Xythilla can find that gnome. Hurry and take this thing out.

If he drops the thing, move to O20

Starbuck_II
2012-08-17, 12:29 PM
Nor's axe chops the legs off the drake, who helplessly cries out, "Grahhh, ahhh" before losing consciousness. The he strides over to help Spike.

(Shou and Xythilia's turns up, then human sniper)

raspberrybadger
2012-08-17, 01:21 PM
Hey, who says Nor is going over there to help Spike? :smalltongue: That's part of the reason, but Nor mostly wants to stop that gnome from getting out of the crater. Also - if he needs to stop (ie, take a move action) to listen for that gnome, he'd totally do that instead.

ChrisClark13
2012-08-17, 01:47 PM
Shou grits his teeth and draws his daggers, attacking W1.

Move Action: Draw Weapons
Swift Action: Arcane Strike (+1 Damage, no +1 Attack. Checked le rules (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/arcane-strike-combat))
Standard Action: Attack W1.
Attack Roll [roll0] Edit: Cr-Cr-Critical!
Damage Roll [roll1]

Starbuck_II
2012-08-17, 08:10 PM
Shou grants his blade a magic energy then twirls across the worker's face, the worker drops his weapon ansd grasps his face as he goes down.

a_humble_lich
2012-08-18, 05:03 AM
Cursing at the gnome disappearing, Xythilla reloads and looks around for any sign of the gnome.

Move Action: Reload
Standard Action: Look for the gnome
Free Action: Wishes she had rapid reload.

Starbuck_II
2012-08-18, 09:47 AM
The human sniper says littler girl, "this bullet has your name on it." A flaming sling bullet slams into Daisy's foot then another wizzes by and hits Nor's chest. (Daisy incures 2 physical, 2 fire damage; Nor takes 3 physical).

Turn 2:
Moving 5 ft away, Worker W2, says, "Well, guess I might as well see what Kalarel's incentive package is." He then bites down on a purple apple-like object. "Yes, I desire power to crush my foes", suddenly visible purple energy flows around him, he laughs, "Yes, this is power...wait, no this isn't right, I never agreed to this...". He lurches over and says, "Braaainnns" as he drools and looks toward Shou. The energy jumps to the dead bodies of Workers 4 and 3.

Both W4 and 3 attempt to get up; W3 provokes from Shou, Daisy, and Argath.

The drake continues to bite and claw at Spike: but it only gets a slight scratch against Spike's tough hide (2 lethal).

Team hero's turn:
Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoNhAVlr5CymdDlZOXJuWkwyVW9LMDdPYnNVLTdDb Wc#gid=0

Nihilarian
2012-08-18, 09:54 AM
Attack of OpportunityAttack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]Daisy hears the comment and does not appreciate it. She moves North 20 ft. and attacks the sniper.

AttackAttack: [roll2]

Starbuck_II
2012-08-18, 10:17 AM
Daisy slashes the zombie badly, but it doesn't stop unliving. Even with the cover from the cliff wall, Daisy's halbred slices through the sniper who collapses dead.

Chained Birds
2012-08-18, 10:54 AM
Spike

Dropping his crossbow, he draws his Halberd in a menacing fashion. Raising his weapon high, he strikes at the little creature.

"Go away you pest! This is your last warning!"

Free Action: Drop Crossbow
Move Action: Draw Halberd
Standard Action: Halberd Strike VS Drake's AC
- Attack: [roll0] (-4 for non-lethal damage)
- Damage: [roll1] Non-lethal
- Crit Attack(20x3): [roll2] (-4 for non-lethal damage)
- Crit Damage: [roll3] Non-lethal

Edit: Forgot to apply the penalties for non-lethal damage

Starbuck_II
2012-08-18, 11:38 AM
The drake takes Spike's loss of guard when he drop your crossbow and drew a weapon to bite him again (1 nonlethal). Spike's halbred retaliates by butting the drake on the head knocking it unconscious.

ChrisClark13
2012-08-18, 02:17 PM
Attack of Opportunity.
Damage: [roll1] Arcane Strike still in effect

Shou's Round
Swift Action: Arcane Strike
Full Attack against W3
Attack: [roll2]
Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

"And stay dead!"

Mari01
2012-08-18, 02:36 PM
Instant reanimation? How very interesting. A shame they're only zombies...

Cast Defensively: [roll0]
Spontaneously Cast Inflict Light (sacrifice Cause Fear) on Shou [roll1]

Starbuck_II
2012-08-18, 02:43 PM
Shou shreds the zombified body of the worker into mincemeat, it soon stops moving, resuming its "death".
(Nor and Xythilla's turn before the non-defeated zombies fight back)

a_humble_lich
2012-08-19, 06:48 AM
Still cursing that she lost the gnome, Xythilla puts a bolt through the nearest zombie (W2).

Sorry I posted so late guys.

Standard action: attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Move action: reload

raspberrybadger
2012-08-20, 11:18 AM
Nor hates killing that drake. He tells himself It had to be done. With that, he snaps back to concentrating on finding the gnome, but since he hears nothing, he's not sure what's up. The thing could have some silence magic. It could be really sneaky. It could have some route out of this place he can't see. It could have gotten past Xythilla somehow. It could climb silently and quickly. It could still be in there. That last one is the only thing he can do anything about, and that's best done without zombies here, with everyone helping. So he gets himself into the fight.

Move to L11, ready an action to hit the first enemy in reach.

Starbuck_II
2012-08-20, 12:19 PM
The zombies lurch forward: W2 attacks Nor, it shrugs off the beating from Nor's readied attack and slams the pickaxe at Nor but aims high and misses. W4 attacks Daisy, but Daisy parrys with her halbred breaking its pickaxe.
Turn 4
An invisible bullet wizzes by Xythilia, and soon Agrid materializes at with his musket axe aimed at Xythilia. "Curse this thing, I should have hit that Drow."

Party's turn

Chained Birds
2012-08-20, 01:11 PM
Spike

Noticing the familiar sound of gunfire, Spike grins as he draws his Musket after tossing his melee weapon off to the side.

"Ah, a Challenge! Let's see who is the better marksman my friend!"

Aiming his firearm at the gnome, he fires.

Free Action: Drop Halberd
Move Action: Draw Musket
Swift Action: Expend Challenge for Extra Damage
Standard Action: Musket Attack VS Agrid's Touch AC
- Attack: [roll0] (Should be +2 Higher) = [17]
- Crit Attack(20x4): [roll2]

Starbuck_II
2012-08-20, 01:17 PM
Agrid is hit in the chest, he drops his musket axe, falls to his knees. "Should have run while I had the chance, maybe the zombies will kill you lot..." He then collapses.

Map:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoNhAVlr5CymdDlZOXJuWkwyVW9LMDdPYnNVLTdDb Wc#gid=0

Nihilarian
2012-08-20, 01:39 PM
Daisy follows up her parry by bulldozing into the zombie, hopefully knocking it to the ground.

Overrun action: Standard action taken as part of a move action, can't avoid or take an AoO (since I have Improved Overrun) and if I beat it's CMD by 5 or more it gets knocked prone. Moving 3 squares to the right. If my check fails, I don't move at all. In this case, she'll also take a 5 ft. step down.

Overrun: [roll0]

Starbuck_II
2012-08-20, 02:29 PM
Daisy tackles the zombie prone as she rushes forth.

raspberrybadger
2012-08-20, 04:31 PM
The gnome stopped, this is just cleanup. Nor talks as he swings: "Anyone better at first aid? I can do it, but not well. We need to tie that gnome up and keep him alive, yes?"

Hitting the zombie: [roll0] Edit: Nor gets a flank from Daisy? If so, add +2. It may not matter.

Nihilarian
2012-08-20, 05:26 PM
"Why?" Daisy inquires.

raspberrybadger
2012-08-20, 10:59 PM
"He knows what happened to the guy paying us."

Mari01
2012-08-21, 01:22 AM
I can heal him, but it would be better if some of you backed away. Negative energy can do amazing things.

a_humble_lich
2012-08-21, 05:38 AM
Looking at the fish, "Thanks, those things sure are loud." Then she looks around to find another target. Seeing the zombie prone, she takes aim and fires.

As before, load and attack. This time at W4. Let's see if I can hit anything!

Standard action: attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Move action: reload

Starbuck_II
2012-08-21, 09:34 AM
Xythilia's bolt goes through the zombie, but it shrugs it off as if it was nothing.
The crate at J-11 moves a bit and you hear mumbling from in it.

Roll a Know(undead) check DC 10 to read

Some mindless undead have damage reduction

(Agatha and Shou's turn before last two zombies flail around at you guys)

raspberrybadger
2012-08-21, 11:15 AM
Nor's know undead roll: [roll0]

Mari01
2012-08-21, 12:40 PM
[roll0] Knowledge Religion

ChrisClark13
2012-08-21, 02:46 PM
Know: Dugeoneering: [roll0] Zombies are often found in dungeons and stuff right?
Know: Religion [roll1] But Know: Religion roll just in case

Shou stabby stabbies W2.
Swift Action: Arcane Strike
Attack Roll: [roll2] CRIT
Damage Roll: [roll3]
Attack Roll: [roll4] CRIT
Damage Roll: [roll5]

Starbuck_II
2012-08-21, 03:12 PM
Shou slashes up zombie w2, cutting an arm off, but the thing just doesn't die. Then Shou slashes second dagger cutting the thing in twine. It falls.

Almost forgot you can Crit zombies now

(Agatha's turn before W4 attempts to get up)

Mari01
2012-08-21, 04:02 PM
Standard Action: [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Starbuck_II
2012-08-21, 05:14 PM
Zombie W 4 attempts to stand, (AoO) Daisy strikes as it does and decapitates the thing.
(I rolled the AoO and it rolled great)

Battle over.
Are you searching the body, the crates, or what?

XP gained: Everyone gets 378 XP.
Everyone in the crater roll a perception check.

raspberrybadger
2012-08-21, 06:33 PM

Since it might be time sensitive, Nor goes over to Astrid. If someone else is available to tie him or threaten him with a weapon, he'll just perform first aid right away. Otherwise, he'll remove his gear first.

Heal check: [roll1]

Starbuck_II
2012-08-21, 06:53 PM
Nor notices nothing. Nor fails to get the bandages on correctly, the blood bleeds through.

Chained Birds
2012-08-21, 07:13 PM
Spike

Perception (Search): [roll0]
- Checking Boxes

Spike proceeds to gather his discarded weapons, and reloads each of them before checking the crates. He does place the uncontious drake in his backpack, but doesn't really do much else. The Drake is most likely hanging halfway out of the pack, held in place by the storage container's many straps and buckles.

Starbuck_II
2012-08-21, 08:19 PM
The crate at Q-6

has a circular mirror with polished silver (instead of glasss) surface (11.5cm diameter) and handle (11cm). The back of the mirror has moulded surface with concentric circle design. Something about it makes you smile when you see it, but don't know why.

Crate J11:

holds the a grey bearded man with a tunic, cloak, and shorts. He is gagged.

Nihilarian
2012-08-21, 08:24 PM
After taking a peek in the boxes, Daisy goes to the gnomes side and tries to stop the bleeding.

[roll0]

"Hey you! I got a bone to pick with you!"

Mari01
2012-08-21, 09:21 PM
Here, let me see what I can do. Agatha walks over to the gnome.

I'll use the undeath domain ability, and then sacrifice my last 1st level spell to spontaneously cast Inflict Light Wounds [roll0] followed by a Heal check [roll1]

Starbuck_II
2012-08-21, 09:53 PM
Agrid's bleeding stopped, but he is still unconscious.
The bearded man moves and mumbles in the crate.

Mari01
2012-08-21, 10:10 PM
He'll live. It might be a short time before he wakes up. Now let's go take a look at him in the crate. Can't have everyone turning into zombies left and right. Won't get paid that way.

Heal Check: [roll0]

a_humble_lich
2012-08-21, 10:12 PM
Xythilla reloads and then stays put, watching over the crater in case something else decides to attack. In particular she keeps one eye on the gnome (who did try to shoot her after all) and another eye on the drake.

When nothing else seems to be attacking and Daisy and Spike open the boxes, Xythilla comes down to take a closer look. Removing the gag from the man, she addresses him, "Can I assume you are Parle?"

Starbuck_II
2012-08-21, 10:44 PM
"Thanks that be me. I was foolish, that Gnome and his workers said they'd work for 1 copper piece a day. Now I know that was too cheap, but I needed the workers. I found a lost artifact ftrom an ancient empire, we put it in the crate over there. So thank you, I was worried I might meet their boss, whomever that was. Can you help me out of this crate? . He sighs.

raspberrybadger
2012-08-21, 11:27 PM
Nor decides that even if Astrid can't talk, perhaps his gear may answer some questions. He takes a few moments to tie up the unconscious gnome, doing a cursory job of it. He is more careful to search the gnome carefully.

Search [roll0]

Mari01
2012-08-21, 11:47 PM
Agatha extends a hand to help Parle out of his crate. You wouldn't happen to know why those men turned into zombies, would you? I've never seen anything quite like that.

a_humble_lich
2012-08-22, 07:40 AM
"Well, I am glad to see that you are not dead. I must admit now I would like to meet this boss of theirs, but I am sure our paths will cross at some point. Now," Xythilla picks up the mirror, "is this the artifact you were talking about?"

I'm going to go ahead and cast Detect Magic on the mirror. Do SLA's still need a verbal component?

Starbuck_II
2012-08-22, 09:42 AM
"Thanks "he says to Agatha, "Well, I was still in the crate so don't know. Yes, isn't it a beauty. To think, they used silver instead of glass for reflection. I'm not sure why they were still digging though. Either they were digging up the dragon bones" He shudders at thought" or there is something else hidden here."

No verbal requirement. The mirror does not ping magical, but the W2 does ping magical, he may have something magical on him.

Nor searches the gnome Agrid, whom has 24 gun bullets, a broken musket axe, Mstk Chain shirt, a flask of dwarven make with green liquer inside, a ruby, and 400 gp in pouch. And two empty potion bottles that he drunk.
Will you search the other bodies?

Chained Birds
2012-08-22, 10:59 AM
Spike

"Excuse me Nor person, if you find any firearm related stuff on that gnome person, can you hand it to me. I'm busy checking these boxes... All of these Boxes!"

Spike is doing an average job searching about.

Starbuck_II
2012-08-22, 12:17 PM
The workers and the sniper have all together 120 gold pieces on them. The sniper has a ring of jump, 40 sling bullets, 2 CLW potions, and leather. The workers each also had rusty pickaxes and chainmail.
Worker W2 has another of those purple apple-like objects. Care to take a bite? :smallwink:

Mari01
2012-08-22, 01:43 PM
We should get back to Winterhaven as soon as possible. There might be others lurking about.

Nihilarian
2012-08-22, 02:18 PM
Daisy looks at the unconscious little bugger. "What about the gnome?"

raspberrybadger
2012-08-22, 02:35 PM
Nor says "I've got rope. Put him in that crate if, I can carry it or tie it to my back. Got enough rope to tie the thing shut too. You're right, we should get back to Winterhaven. I imagine they'd lock him up, and help us get answers out of him."

And to Spike, "The name is Nor. Not Norperson. Unless you'd like to be called Spikefish. But yes, bullets." With that, he hands over the bullets and the firearm.

Chained Birds
2012-08-22, 05:35 PM
Spike

He stows the ammo and firearm away... And realizes that he is encumbered.

"I think I'm carrying too much."

He then grabs the uncontious Drake by the neck and flings it out of the bag.

"I should be good now... Oh and I call you Nor person, because many people call me Spike fish... I thought that to be a custom for a while before I joined the group. Sorry Nor per- I mean Nor..."

He drags himself along, waiting for everyone to get ready to head back.

"Well, where to next?"

ChrisClark13
2012-08-22, 08:32 PM
Shou grabs the Drake and stuffs it in his backpack, dealing with the medium load caused by it happily. "Hey, think we've got anything we can feed to the Drake when it wakes up? I'm gonna keep it as a pet."

Perception Check: [roll0]

Starbuck_II
2012-08-22, 09:01 PM
Nothing is noticed by Shou.

Cranewing smiles, "Well, I'll be glad to be home, we can discuss the job I hired you for when we get back. Did you have any trouble getting here"? He asks as you guys start walking back.

Nihilarian
2012-08-22, 09:27 PM
Daisy looks crestfallen. "I didn't find an owl."

a_humble_lich
2012-08-23, 07:39 AM
"If you are looking for things to feed the drake, we do have a gnome" smiles Xythilla. Turning back to the Professor, "Not really, we did run into a few kobolds on the way but nothing major."

Starbuck_II
2012-08-23, 09:50 AM
Oh, yes, we have had many raids by kobold bandits. They robbed merchant caravans and people here. That was why I wanted a big group to mine here: less chance they will attack us. So tell me what are your abilities? Are you are warriors or spellcasters? Cranewing says as you walk.

Suddenly an owl woos and coos in the night somewhere out there.

Nihilarian
2012-08-23, 10:07 AM
Daisy, never very up to date on birds of any sort, doesn't react to the bird calls from... somewhere. Instead she looks at Parle and says, "I'm a warrior of sorts. Learned some tricks from a soldier a few years back and it's served me well."

OOCI did say she doesn't know what an owl sounds like, heh. :smallbiggrin:

Mari01
2012-08-23, 10:32 AM
I'm a spellcaster. Divinely inspired, I might add.

Chained Birds
2012-08-23, 10:36 AM
Spike

"Some people call me a fish, and my abilities are to be passive aggressive towards those people.
And I can shoot things and move very slowly by comparison to the rest of the group."

Spike has an adamant expression while saying this. He is also moving even slower than usual, with his Halberd dragging behind him; he seems unaware of this.

raspberrybadger
2012-08-23, 11:01 AM
Nor just starts talking abruptly, exactly as Spike stops, saying "I'm something of a warrior, by strength of muscle and mind if not by training. I've got a fair amount of control over my own shape, and a few other things besides. In short: both."

ChrisClark13
2012-08-23, 05:07 PM
Shou digs a piece of jerky out of his pack and waves it in front of the drake's nose. "I'm a bard!"

OOC
The jerky is part of his trail rations

Starbuck_II
2012-08-23, 06:34 PM
The drake doesn't react to the food, he is still sleeping.
You seem to be a diverse group. Did you meet much of the town yet? Cranewing says as you walk.
The town is now in sight, but you are still many feet away.

The drake won't be awake till you get to town, nonlethal takes time to heal. Unless you want to use healing on it.