PDA

View Full Version : 25 Cha at Level 1

Alokue
2012-07-31, 11:34 AM
So, I'm playing in a cheesy campaign, and I need 25 Cha at level 1.

I'm using it to qualify for Zone of Animation (we can take 2 flaws), so I have to be a DWK, and I'm playing either a Cleric or a Dread Necromancer -- I haven't decided yet.

Now, obviously, 18+3(Venerable)+2(unseelie fey)+2(magic blooded) would do it, but I can't use magic blooded, because the DM is afk for the week, and he hasn't explicitly allowed anything from dragon magazine that's not in dragon compendium.

So, my question is, if I don't get that ok from him, am I SOL, or is there some other way to get 2 more cha short of being punpun?

If not, how can I get there before level six? (using my 3 and 6 feats on 1 cha each would be super-lame, but I guess it makes six the minimum instead of eight.)

Garagos
2012-07-31, 11:41 AM
I believe there is a race in Forgotten Realms called Star Elf that gives a +2 to Charisma. They are supposed to be rare but if cheese is ok then I doubt it should matter.

Mithril Leaf
2012-07-31, 11:43 AM
Use this link to find bonuses. (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=176) But looking through, yeah pretty much screwed. Hope for the best and get some liquor ready if worse comes to worse (it's how I got faerie mystery initiate on my psion).

Alokue
2012-07-31, 11:44 AM
I'm required to be a Dragonwrought Kobold to get access to epic feats. :D

GreenSerpent
2012-07-31, 12:11 PM
Sell your soul for a +1 bonus, just be sure to have a Contingent Soul Bind made at some point - or do something that'll grant you yours back. Perhaps offer them the souls of one hundred other people as a trade.

kitcik
2012-07-31, 12:23 PM
Take Great Charisma at 3rd and add one to Charsima at 4th?
OK, I'm sure you thought of that after your post.

If you concluded that the effect of the Zone feat is instantaneous, so you only need to qualify for the feat at the time you actually animate the dead, you could carry a supply of mushroom powder (BoVD) - at 100 GP it is affordable at very low levels. Or you could shapesand it.

Alokue
2012-07-31, 09:26 PM
Take Great Charisma at 3rd and add one to Charsima at 4th?
OK, I'm sure you thought of that after your post.

hahahaha. I was cooking for the entire family of sixteen today. Gimme a break. ;D derp.:smallredface:

Flickerdart
2012-07-31, 10:33 PM
Spin up an infinite money machine, and buy enough Awakens, PAOs and Reincarnations to end up as a Dragonwrought Kobold again, except with +NI Charisma.

Xtomjames
2012-07-31, 10:36 PM
Magic items that permanently increase your charisma also exist. A Circlet of Charisma or a Ring of Charisma +2 will get you the bonus you need.

Invader
2012-07-31, 10:44 PM
Magic items that permanently increase your charisma also exist. A Circlet of Charisma or a Ring of Charisma +2 will get you the bonus you need.

He needs it at level 1 though :smallfrown:

Garwain
2012-08-01, 02:34 AM
+0 LA races with bonus to CHA:
Lesser Aasimar: +2wis, +2cha (PGtF)
Star Elf: -2con, +2cha (UE p10)
Hellbred (spirit): -2con, +2cha (FC2 p78)
Jermlaine: -6str, +6dex, -2con, +6wis, -2int, +6cha (tiny)(MM2 p131)
spellscale: -2con, +2cha (RotD p21)

TuggyNE
2012-08-01, 03:41 AM
+0 LA races with bonus to CHA:

Races are unavailable, except Kobold variants; his build needs epic feats pre-epic, so makes full use of DWK cheese. (The feat he needs 25 Cha for is an epic feat, in fact.)

killianh
2012-08-01, 05:10 AM
random, slightly off topic question but how does he qualify for an epic feat if he isn't epic level? I thought you could only take epic feats after level 21?

EDIT: More specifically not sure what the dragonwrought kobold trick is that's allowing him to do it

KillianHawkeye
2012-08-01, 05:20 AM
random, slightly off topic question but how does he qualify for an epic feat if he isn't epic level? I thought you could only take epic feats after level 21?

EDIT: More specifically not sure what the dragonwrought kobold trick is that's allowing him to do it

Well a kobold with the Dragonwrought feat becomes a Dragon type creature.

Some people believe that because the Dragonwrought kobolds have the Dragon type and are given dragon-style age categories, that they are counted as a True Dragon on a technicality.

Draconomicon contains a rule which allows True Dragons of a certain age category to take Epic Feats regardless of their Hit Dice.

Thus, the venerable Dragonwrought kobold. :smallsigh:

Needless to say, I'd never let this fly in one of my games.

killianh
2012-08-01, 05:30 AM
Well a kobold with the Dragonwrought feat becomes a Dragon type creature.

Some people believe that because the Dragonwrought kobolds have the Dragon type and are given dragon-style age categories, that they are counted as a True Dragon on a technicality.

Draconomicon contains a rule which allows True Dragons of a certain age category to take Epic Feats regardless of their Hit Dice.

Thus, the venerable Dragonwrought kobold. :smallsigh:

Needless to say, I'd never let this fly in one of my games.

wistful interpretation. Got it.

As for raising CHA I could only really suggest maybe getting a lilitu to grant you the +2 all the time, which is only really possible at the level of cheese allowing epic feats at level 1

Golden Ladybug
2012-08-01, 07:12 AM
Almost, but not quite; a Dragonwrought Kobold becomes a member of the Dragon Type. It is heavily debated whether or not they are True Dragons (the big ol' argument we had a few weeks back settled on them not being a TD because they aren't listed as one on the list in Races of the Dragon), but whether they qualify for epic feats is not contingent on that.

The Draconomicon rule doesn't require you to be a True Dragon to gain epic feats pre-epic; it simply requires you to be a Dragon, and a Kobold with the Dragonwrought feat is definitely a Dragon.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-08-01, 09:10 AM
As this is a cheesy sort of thing you should have an 18 Cha to start with. Throw on the Templates: Unseelie Fey (Dragon Compendium) and Magic Blooded (Dragon #306) for a +2 each, and be Venerable Age for a +3 (no really...), that should be a 25 Cha at level 1.

I will learn to read the OP before posting...:smallredface:

Telonius
2012-08-01, 11:17 AM
Since we're going with "Total Cheese" as the assumption ... my gut says something along the lines of Channeling (as per BoED) might be the answer. No time to research it now, but you'd need to find either a way to cast Channel Greater Celestial (and a 24-HD celestial that has 30 Cha or better) or a deity with Possess Mortal as a salient ability. (Not sure how that works, or if a template is involved...)

CrosisBlackwing
2012-08-01, 11:29 AM
Faustian Pact. (Fiendish Codex II)

If you can get yourself a Pact Insidious for a 5 point reward, (And for a Great Wyrm dragon... Why wouldn't the Devil's want your soul?) you can grab +1 Cha. A Pact Certain after (makes you Lawful Evil, also swears your soul to a devil) for a 7 point reward gets you that second point bonus plus something else small.