PDA

View Full Version : any free artists want a challenge?

Pegtor
2012-07-31, 06:18 PM
here's the deal...I'm running a party of freaks but I need a picture for my guy so it's easier when I introduce him to the party
problem is this: Yuan-ti Halfblood Halftopaz Dragon(mm1/2)
are there any free artists out there that want a challenge?
plus I need this as so as possible:smallconfused:

TheKoalaNxtDoor
2012-08-06, 08:12 PM
I might be game. I'm decent, but nowhere close to the kind of stuff you find in, for example, the Dnd books. Can you give a more exact description?

Dr.Epic
2012-08-07, 12:38 AM
problem is this: Yuan-ti Halfblood Halftopaz Dragon(mm1/2)

What dragon?:smallconfused: I understood the other bit.

Pegtor
2012-08-07, 09:30 AM
(@dr.epic) topaz dragon. from monster Manuel 2 era 3.5
here's pretty much what they look like (the first preferred)

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs37/f/2008/288/2/2/Topaz_Dragon_by_PutridusCor.jpg
or this
http://images.wikia.com/forgottenrealms/images/5/5f/Topaz_dragon.jpg

(@TheKoalaNxtDoor)
well.
here's the phis.description: tall and proud this creature stands before you with a confident stance and a smug expression| his head: (see the first pic above) while his head seems mostly the norm for a human/topaz half dragon, he's some how more reptilian with glowing gold eyes and longer then normal teeth that might sometimes drip poison slightly when he's got his mouth open wide, snakelike/draconic snout, the head fins/spines etc., golden scales (like a polished coin) on his front going to a darker shade on his back long tail that sweeps behind him as he walks (not quite touching the ground) with golden wings unfurled behind him (see pics)

here's the hgt/wht stats:
6'7" tall
140lb. (he is after all a half dragon)

wearing: a small breastplate,tan cloak, bracers/greaves, and some light looking boots

TheKoalaNxtDoor
2012-08-07, 12:01 PM
So, he has legs then? And not some sort of snake tail? What does the face look like? Full on snake-dragon-reptilian, like 4e dragon born, but more snake? Or is there some sort of human-ish features as well?

Pegtor
2012-08-07, 05:45 PM
yes legs and the face yes to the first (full on snake/half dragon)
think dragonborn but more snake like and the fins more up and on running along the top

TheKoalaNxtDoor
2012-08-07, 08:21 PM
Well, I won't promise anything, but i'll give it a shot and see how it feels. You see, i have a rule about not making myself draw anything if i don't want to, because it upsets me and puts me off, and whatever i'm drawing tends to suffer. I'll give it a fair try though.

Drazik
2012-08-07, 10:27 PM
i might also give it a shot, but i don't have Photoshop or anything so if your want it colour it will take a lot longer.

EDIT: what weapon does he use? does he wear any pants, or lower-body garments? (you didn't mention any) is there a specific kind of pose you were looking for? (like and action pose as opposed to a portrait pose)

Drazik
2012-08-07, 11:35 PM
i got impatient (not that it's your fault; i was excited) so i made a quick sketch.

http://tinyurl.com/brge8lg

the other pictures i have uploaded are just close-ups of various parts of the original sketch. i don't want to add any more detail, or any color until you are happy with it, so do you want me to change anything?

TheKoalaNxtDoor
2012-08-08, 10:51 AM
i might also give it a shot, but i don't have Photoshop or anything so if your want it colour it will take a lot longer.

EDIT: what weapon does he use? does he wear any pants, or lower-body garments? (you didn't mention any) is there a specific kind of pose you were looking for? (like and action pose as opposed to a portrait pose)

Ah, yeah, I won't be able to color it if i do it either. I don't have any decent software for that kind of thing, so it'd have to strictly be sketches on paper, photographed.

Pegtor
2012-08-09, 04:57 PM
ok guys sounds ok, yes he does were pants (light steel greaves), breastplate,
and bracers. he uses a hand-&-a-half sword
(no color works)
@drazik yeah kinda nice but if you could:
1. get rid of the back bent legs I'd appreciate it.
2. make the face a little more flat (more snaky) ohhhh think python like so http://animal-world.com/encyclo/reptiles/snakes/images/AlbinoBallPythonWHSnP2_U48.jpg
apart from that and said armor I think its going good so far.

Also if you guys could pose him on a large rock (or small More) in a Glade......:smallsmile:

also sorry for not getting back so soon I'v got a slightly crazy schedule

Drazik
2012-08-11, 06:54 PM
i have finished (unless you want me to do it again- which i am happy to do)
i don't think this one turned out as good as my original draft as a picture, but i think it is much closer to what you wanted.
linky: http://tinyurl.com/c97h4ae

Pegtor
2012-08-13, 09:40 AM
hhhhhmmmmmmmm.... yeah i like it, but there's still something wrong with the face (still it's a good job, lemme think.......ahhh... the mouth if it were flatter it might work (sorry i'm a pit picky) but i'f you don't wanna go for it again that's ok

Drazik
2012-08-13, 11:20 AM
no, i'll fix it. it should be up later today. (i'll edit this with the link)
EDIT: ok, so it wasn't up yesterday. it will not be up today, either. on Wednesday i leave to go on a camping trip, and when i come back i have a full time job. so, i have no idea when it will be up, but it will be done eventually.

Pegtor
2012-08-14, 08:27 PM
ok no problems

Pegtor
2012-09-04, 12:37 PM
hhhhmmmmm....
I may have to try drawing him my self later because as a major plot point he's getting changed by something (a new template or two one of which is the multi headed one{3.5 is FUN!})