PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Any spells that give a feat?

CigarPete
2012-08-01, 11:19 AM
In my current campaign, character is 19th level, so no new feats will come through leveling. She is able to cast 8th level arcane spells, and is willing to use a limited wish if the spell is outside her list. I am looking for a way to get power attack.

Khatoblepas
2012-08-01, 11:22 AM
Heroics (SpC) is a 2nd level Sorcerer/Wizard spell that gives you a bonus fighter feat for 10 minutes/level. That'll do it.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-08-01, 11:41 AM
Embrace the Dark Chaos from FC2 replaces any feat you have with any abyssal heritor feat you qualify for from that same book. Shun the Dark Chaos also in FC2 replaces any abyssal heritor feat you have for any feat you want that you qualify for. That's called the Dark Chaos Shuffle, because you can turn any feat you have, including Elf racial martial weapon proficiency feats, into any feat you want that you qualify for. Both spells cost a little bit of XP, and one is tagged [chaos] and could lead to an alignment shift.

With Heroics, you replace the feat you gained from that spell with any feat you want, and once that spell ends you don't lose anything because you no longer have the feat it granted.

Urpriest
2012-08-01, 11:42 AM
If you just want Power Attack, a few of the Bite of the Were-X spells (Spell Compendium) give it along with some solid ability score bonuses.

CigarPete
2012-08-01, 11:51 AM
Heroics (SpC) is a 2nd level Sorcerer/Wizard spell that gives you a bonus fighter feat for 10 minutes/level. That'll do it.

Lol, I thought there was something like that, I kept looking at Heroism in PHB, which just gives BAB, saves and skill checks.

If you just want Power Attack, a few of the Bite of the Were-X spells (Spell Compendium) give it along with some solid ability score bonuses.

Bite of the Were-X spells are banned in this campaign. Spells from SpC are on a case-by-case basis.

sreservoir
2012-08-01, 12:23 PM
most (all?) spc spells are somewhere else, too, though some of those sources might be even more banned. but. find the source!

CigarPete
2012-08-01, 01:26 PM
most (all?) spc spells are somewhere else, too, though some of those sources might be even more banned. but. find the source!

It's not a matter of source, it's a matter of how broken we think the spell is. We already use the pathfinder rules for everything in the polymorph school and we adjust other spells as needed, often bumping level, cutting duration or adjusting primary or secondary effects if we feel a spell needs it. It's not actually our DM that makes the adjustments, we have three arcane casters in the group and we discuss it amongst ourselves and our consensus is generally the rule. We are probably harder on the spells than he would be.

Of course, we are also all adults, none of us are interested in breaking the game, and our DM uses anything we approve against us. Just think about how much fun it is to fight a colossal great wyrm black dragon who uses wraithstrike and power attack on his full attacks as you are flying above a lake of acid and trying to keep everyone within 30 feet of at least one other person so they don't lose mass fly :-) Miss chance here I come, and thank you fortunate fate.