PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Oracle help!

Nizhgareth
2012-08-01, 02:33 PM
Hi everyone! I figure there's no better people on the internet to go to for this sort of thing, so here we go.
I want to make an Oracle for a Pathfinder Campaign, and I want him to be very flavored around predicting the future and knowing the past. The trick is, I can't find any spells in the cleric list that really match that fortune-telling vibe I want early on.
I was thinking a Lore Mystery with a Seer archetype thus far, focusing a lot on Cha and Str. How can I make this character work?

-Nizh

Belril Duskwalk
2012-08-01, 09:52 PM
I've been trying to build a similar character. I wound up building a Seer Archetype with the Time Mystery. For early clerical magic, Augury is about the best bit you can get for seeing into the future (if perhaps only a half-hour ahead). Conveniently, the Seer's Gift of Prophecy revelation functions as exactly that with boosted odds of success. Unfortunately, I have had little luck with finding low-level spells that directly support looking through time, but I do have some thoughts on Revelations at least. Temporal Celerity and Momentary Glimpse (Time Revelations) help further your ability to see into the future. Knowledge of the Ages (another Time Revelation) allows you to look into the past to find an answer you need.

Chromascope3D
2012-08-01, 10:03 PM
Sounds like you solved your own problem, but I'm not sure why the focus on Strength. This would be an awkward point spread if you wanted to spread it out between combat, spellcasting, and knowledge. You end up being a jack of all trades. Personally, I liked what I played of lore oracle (loracle), but he was in no way fit for combat. That being said, you could literally ask him anything and he would know everything about it. Of course, I haven't had as much opportunity to experiment around with builds as much as others here.

This should be moved to 3/3.5 so more Pathfinders can see it.

Nizhgareth
2012-08-05, 10:10 PM
The reason is that, with the right revelations, I can use Charisma for both AC and Knowledge checks, along with the usual spellcasting stuff.
Strength is so I can actually hold my own in a fight, which is something that my characters can't generally do.

I tend towards Diplomancers, y'see, so this guy is supposed to be a sort of Diplomancer who can kick your scrawny self halfway to hell.