PDA

View Full Version : Building Briareos

Nexaduro
2012-08-01, 08:57 PM
Hello, all you beautiful internet peoples. Today, I have a very specific goal in mind: I want to build a Pathfinder character who wields as many greatswords (or similarly improbably large weapons) at once as mechanically possible. Practicality is, of course, entirely optional.

What immediately comes to my mind: multiarmed Synthesist with a dip in Titan Mauler. Thoughts? Suggestions? Explanations of how it absolutely will not work? Insults to my intelligence in general? All welcome, for the purpose of furthering my madness. [obligatory evil laugh]

The Redwolf
2012-08-02, 09:08 AM
I don't know enough to help you pull it off other than I know there are some things that give you extra arms and such, but you should convince your DM, even if you get those as feats for the technical aspect, to wield them like this for sheer awesomness.

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/2370/96429-1_killerbee_pic_super.jpg

Nexaduro
2012-08-02, 02:48 PM
I don't know enough to help you pull it off other than I know there are some things that give you extra arms and such, but you should convince your DM, even if you get those as feats for the technical aspect, to wield them like this for sheer awesomness.

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/2370/96429-1_killerbee_pic_super.jpg
I don't quite have the dosh to toss around for a mouthpick weapon at the moment, but thanks :smalltongue:

Togath
2012-08-02, 04:17 PM
If pathfinder is available, a synthisyst summoner may work, at least if the extra arms evolutions work with it(I'm not 100% sure how synthisyst summoner works)

Nexaduro
2012-08-02, 10:51 PM
If pathfinder is available, a synthisyst summoner may work, at least if the extra arms evolutions work with it(I'm not 100% sure how synthisyst summoner works)
I think it can reasonably be said that no one is 100% sure how Synthesist works.

Now, my main concern was if it worked with Titan Mauler's ability to wield 2 handed weapons in one hand, and whether THAT worked with multiweapon fighting. Seems to me, thus far, that the answer is yes.

Also stumbled upon a handy little bit of clarification that I'd only ever heard rulings against in past games; it is entirely legal to take any feat you want if you've reached the right level for it, it just doesn't work unless you're under conditions in which every prerequisite is met (might convince someone that level restrictions can be bypassed too, but that could be cheesing it just a bit too far).

Mithril Leaf
2012-08-02, 11:01 PM
If Dungeon Magazine Content is available (Not super likely) there is a template, Obadai blessed or something along those lines that gives you 4 more arms for +3 LA.

MikolasTheAngry
2012-08-03, 09:04 AM
Now, my main concern was if it worked with Titan Mauler's ability to wield 2 handed weapons in one hand, and whether THAT worked with multiweapon fighting. Seems to me, thus far, that the answer is yes.

Yeah, I don't see why it wouldn't, though I'm not an authority on rules by far. Synthesist can get you a LOT of arms, since it's just 2 points for a pair of limbs. With Extra Evolution at first level, and the Biped base form you can start with 6! Go Half-Elf for another point per 4 levels. Get Reach (arms/weapon), depending how your DM wants to swing it and Large/Huge. And arms. ARMS! ALL THE ARMS. You can swing around anything you're proficient with using whatever abilities (since the eidolon's proficiency or lack thereof never come into play).

Basically you'd be a Kali-build Eidolon with the barbarian splash for Greatswords in every hand, I guess. Then you need Multiweapon Fighting and somehow enough loot to keep all those weapons enchanted...

Mithril Leaf
2012-08-03, 11:48 AM
If you're using the weapons can scale rule, (a large longsword works as a medium greatsword) then you could in theory make all your weapons as morphing sizing daggers, which would let you save on weapons.