PDA

View Full Version : A little help please.

DegenPaladin
2012-08-02, 12:51 AM
I'm trying to find a write up about D&D not being that unrealistic up until level 6. I'm familiar with E6 and this article wasn't about that rule set. The article was more about how stats make sense for encumbrance and movement speeds given real life situations.

My Google-fu is failing me and any and all help locating this elusive article would be much appreciated. I apologize in advance, I know I haven't given you much to work with.

killianh
2012-08-02, 01:12 AM
the article Gandalf was a Fifth-Level Magic User by Bill Seligman. The article was published in The Dragon (which became Dragon magazine) in issue #5, March 1977. That's the only one I can think of

EDIT: For clarification the article wasn't about E6 per se but rather what lead to E6 and comparisons of powerful beings to commoners in D&D IIRC

Waddacku
2012-08-02, 04:37 AM
http://thealexandrian.net/wordpress/587/roleplaying-games/dd-calibrating-your-expectations-2

This is what you're looking for.

DegenPaladin
2012-08-02, 01:47 PM
Thank you so very much Waddacku, that is in fact the site I was looking for. I found that write up quite enjoyable and well thought out, but for the life of me couldn't find it.

Thank you as well killianh for finding that article, Ill most likely read that one as well.

Again I appreciate the help, especially seeing that I didn't give you much to go off of.
Steve