PDA

View Full Version : "Push" Monster Ability

Private
2012-08-02, 08:43 AM
I had a quick question.

I was looking over the "Push" special ability for monsters and I was curious about a particular situation:

If a creature with Push makes a successful Attack of Opportunity, granting it a free Push attempt (and assuming it succeeds), the opponent is immediately pushed back 5 feet.

Does that stop the opponent's movement, or just subtract 5 from his speed for that movement? Would that interrupt a charge attempt?

Fouredged Sword
2012-08-02, 08:52 AM
Off hand (I am AFB) I would guess no, no, yes.

You are moving your opponent, so it would not subtract from his movement, and he could resume his movement after your action, from his new location.

It would interrupt a charge, as a charge must be in a straight line and he would no longer meet that requirement.

Psyren
2012-08-02, 09:01 AM
This is for Pathfinder, right?

Since he would only provoke AoO for moving away from you (i.e. leaving your threatened area) and Push only moves them away from you also, I would say that the ability does nothing. It could interrupt a charge if you disrupt their straight line as FeS said.

Private
2012-08-02, 09:39 AM
This is for Pathfinder, right?

Since he would only provoke AoO for moving away from you (i.e. leaving your threatened area) and Push only moves them away from you also, I would say that the ability does nothing. It could interrupt a charge if you disrupt their straight line as FeS said.

My apologies. I was specifically speaking of a creature with Reach. Like if a creature had 15ft Reach and used Push on something that was charging, or just approaching, what would happen.

Thanks for the responses, though.