PDA

View Full Version : Do touch attacks stack?

dantiesilva
2012-08-02, 12:39 PM
So I am in the middle of a campaign and though I just one shot one of the enemy spellcasters I was wondering if I actually did more damage then I stated.

Because of WitW and dry lich stacking for the Desiccating touch attack they do 10d6 against normal creatures and 10d8 against plants and water based creatures. What I was wondering is since it is a touch attack, as is my DN ability Carnel touch do they both go into effect when I make a single touch attack or do they require separate attacks. Because if this was so I could infect them with a diease, infuse them with negative energy, make them take damage that can only be healed by drinking water, do Con damage and give them negative levels in all one hit. Please help me understand this.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-08-02, 12:40 PM
Sorry, only one effect per touch attack IIRC.

dantiesilva
2012-08-02, 12:42 PM
Thank you. Saddly not what i wanted to hear but is still good to know. In other news i just one shot a plant thing using my desiccating touch scoring a crit. Got to love that.

Reluctance
2012-08-02, 12:45 PM
Nope. Not any more than you can cast multiple spells at the same time just because they all happen to be touch-range spells.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-08-02, 12:46 PM
No on several accounts.

Walker in the Waste and Dry Lich grant the same ability, you don't get two stacking Dessicating Touch abilities, you get one Dessicating Touch ability from two sources, which is redundant. Walker in the Waste gradually gives you the abilities of the Dry Lich template. Anything that the class grants that the template also grants that has the same name is not gained twice.

Supernatural abilities require a standard action to activate unless otherwise stated. That means separate supernatural abilities require separate standard actions to use. Both Dessicating Touch and Charnel Touch require separate standard actions, and cannot be combined on a single attack.