PDA

View Full Version : Cooperative spell fix[E6]

Madara
2012-08-02, 01:43 PM
In the flavor of E6, I find rituals and several spellcasters combining their abilities rather appropriate for the feel I'm searching for. The closest thing I could find is the Red Wizard's Circle Magic, and the Cooprative spell feat. The first, is acchieved at too high a level. The second, is not only really lame, but doesn't really work.

So, here is the new Cooprative spell fix.

Cooperative Spell [metamagic]
You can cast magic more powerful than any individual mortal could create. By combining your powers with other casters, you reach a new height of spellcasting.
Prerequisites: One other metamagic feat, and Caster level 3

Benefit: This feat allows you to access ritual magic. You can cast a ritual spell by combining your power with another caster within 5ft. of you. The casters participating in this circle must be within 5ft. of someone with this feat, and none of the casters can be further than 20ft. from any other participant. The casters choose one of the participants as the benefactor. The benefactor chooses one of their spells to apply the ritual to.

Each caster can sacrifice a spell slot. Each spellslot burned grants one of the following, chosen by the participant sacrificing a slot. * denotes one use maximum per ritual.

Harsh Magic: The burned spell slot adds one to the save DC of the spell. (1st level spell slot or greater)
Powerful Casting: The burned slot increases the caster level of the spell by one.(2nd level spell slot or greater)
Sizing spell: The spell's area increases by 5ft. (In diameter, or in width, depending on the spell)(1st level spell slot or greater)
Accurate Firing: This ability can only apply to spells with attack rolls. The caster gains a +1 unnamed bonus on the attack roll for that spell.(1st level spell slot or greater)
*Rip in Time: The spell's duration doubles (3rd level slot or greater)
Metamagic Reduction: For every 5 spell levels worth of slots sacrificed, reduce the level of a spell by one. The spell's level cannot go below its original level.

sreservoir
2012-08-02, 10:53 PM
rip in time ... right, so it's extend, but stacks with extend, and costs less than what you're valuing a +1 metamagic adjustment at.

um, I don't think that's quite what you wanted, because you're either undervaluing extend or overvalue metamagic reduction, what with extend being considered fairly well-balanced, cost for value.

is spelled cooperative.

Thomar_of_Uointer
2012-08-03, 12:42 PM
Metamagic Reduction doesn't make sense. Prepared casters have to megamagic spells when they prepare them.

Madara
2012-08-03, 02:50 PM
rip in time ... right, so it's extend, but stacks with extend, and costs less than what you're valuing a +1 metamagic adjustment at.

um, I don't think that's quite what you wanted, because you're either undervaluing extend or overvalue metamagic reduction, what with extend being considered fairly well-balanced, cost for value.

is spelled cooperative.

I'm undervaluing extend. What should I stick the price at?

Metamagic Reduction doesn't make sense. Prepared casters have to megamagic spells when they prepare them.

Well, the ritual/feat doesn't only apply to Prepared casters, but I will reword it.