PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Cohort Build Help

Dusto
2012-08-02, 05:37 PM
I was challenged to come up with something 'fun and interesting' for our game for my lvl 12 cohort, and I think that I have found it. I was looking at the good ole Horizon Tripper build, and I wanted to do something just a bit different with it. Would like to keep the characer low-mid op, so no ubercharger/pounce/yadda/yadda. Hoping to get some feedback from the PG!

32 pt build, no multi-class penalties, no flaws, 3.5 books, nothing from any psionic books or campaign settings.

I was looking at a random collection of classes and prc and I think that I would really like to give this a whirl. I'm almost tempted to save it as my main character for our other campaign that we'll be switching back to in a handful of months.

Human - Exotic Weapon: Spiked Chain
Level 1 - Ranger1 - Favored Enemy, Wild Empathy, Track, Combat Reflexes
Level 2 - Barbarian1 - Fast Movement, Rage
Level 3 - Barbarian2 - Wolf totem - Improved Trip, Power Attack
Level 4 - Ranger2 - Combat Style/Archery
Level 5 - Ranger3 - Endurance
Level 6 - HorizonWalker1 -Dester Terrain, Extra Rage
Level 7 - HorizonWalker2 - Underground Terrain
Level 8 - BearWarrior1 - Bear Form (Black)
Level 9 - WarShaper1 - Morphic Immunities, Morphic Weapons, Extend Rage(our combats can sometimes last 10-20 rounds)
Level 10 - WarShaper2 - Morphic Body
Level 11 - WarShaper3 - Morphic Reach
Level 12 - WarShaper4 - Morphic Healing, Feat???

If he were to gain any additional levels then I would move him back to Horizon Walker for awhile, but I'm not counting on that. I really like the BearWarrior giving him the ability to take WarShaper. Warshaper gives some really nice bonuses for what would be our third melee guy, and mostly there to keep stuff away from my beguiler, while also helping the two main melees.

Looking for any advice on that last feat, considering Steadfast Determination or any other melee orientated feat that would go with this build.

Finally would really appreicate some help on eqiupment. WBL says 88k, but I know the DM and I'm not counting on more than 50k-ish for him.

edit: Question on Warshaper. If I am reading it right, it says that the shaping is done as a free action. Is that correct? (This is specifcally regarding Morphic Reach)