PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Marksman Manifester Tricks

Axel_Neco
2012-08-02, 06:12 PM
A fellow player of mine has asked for my assistance. He wishes to play a marksman and be able to use the power Zealous Fury using the 2nd augment option for reducing the attack penalty by 15 for 10 pp, with the third option, increasing the duration for 1 round for each 4 pp spent, a few times.

Our goal for this exercise is being able to manifest it for 25 power points:
7 pp to manifest
10 pp to decrease penalty
8 pp to have it last 3 rounds.

We are aware of the rule that you cannot spend more pp then manifester lvl. So are there any methods to increase your manifester lvl without having to heavily multiclass or do extreme amounts of cheese? I'm willing to listen to the cheese answers, but would rather not have to use them. For definition of cheese: no infinite loops, taking more then 2 different 1-4 lvl dips in base classes (prestige class dips are more acceptable), magic jar like solutions or the "save point" system.

No character has been made yet, this is us just fleshing out an idea to see if the player likes it.

classy one
2012-08-03, 05:13 AM
Not sure about pathfinder but there is overload and wild surge which allows you to increase your effective ML. Ways to decrease cost are fairly common. I'm pretty sure there was a thread deticated to this exact topic.
There are also dragon shards in ebberron the let you spend 2 more pp on a power exceeding your ML. Think it was for Kalashtar only though.

Rentaromon
2012-08-03, 10:46 AM
you will need a lot of levels in wilder to gain that kind of bonus. 1 of the best things about psionics is also the most annoying problem, its not breakable! I needed to9 spend 26 points on a permanent spell without items with 10 levels in the metemorph class. What i used was the wilder with the chaotic archtype, giving you the ability to gain double the normal bonus, but with a large chance of something else happening. I didnt care cuz i was using it on a permanent spell so consistency didnt matter, but i dont think that will work for what u want.

Novawurmson
2012-08-03, 11:00 AM
Overchannel (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/feats/overchannel-psionic) can get you a 3 level increase to effective manifester level at 15+, which is a nice start.

The Psigifted trait gives a +1 to manifester level for one level 1 power, which unfortunately is a little useless in this situation :P

I feel like a magic item might be useful here...

Mithril Leaf
2012-08-03, 11:20 AM
Best advice I can hope to give is convince your DM that orange Ioun Stones both work for psionics and stack with themselves. That's pretty much the only way you'll be able to hit the 25 mark reliably before level 18 or so. Alternatively, max out Use Psionic Device and emulate Kalshatar for their Dragonshards from Magic Of Eberron. Only once per day, you can use one to augment a power by 2 points, max number of shards is equal to your manifester level.