PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Making an Eidolon a Construct

Maquise
2012-08-02, 10:52 PM
Is it possible to get a Construct for an eidolon in a way that is compatible with the Synthesist archetype? Its for a character idea I had.

Maquise
2012-08-07, 09:45 PM
Is that a no? Anyone have any thoughts?

The Redwolf
2012-08-07, 09:52 PM
You know, I honestly thought I had seen a way to do it in a book at some point but I can't remember. Did you check Ultimate Combat and Ultimate Magic?

grarrrg
2012-08-07, 10:06 PM
You can fluff your Eidolon to LOOK anyway you want.
But as far as FUNCTION, nope. No Constructolons.

Hmm....

CONSTRUCTOLONS! TRANSFORM, AND ROLL OUT!

The Redwolf
2012-08-07, 10:07 PM

So you would just cast transmogrify on them before they go?

Larpus
2012-08-08, 01:12 AM
You can fluff your Eidolon to LOOK anyway you want.
But as far as FUNCTION, nope. No Constructolons.

Hmm....

With a name like that, you do know that all six of them shall merge to form Devastatolon, so no rolling out here...

NightbringerGGZ
2012-08-08, 11:46 AM
In terms of stats and functionality, no you can't. But if you're just going for fluff, you can make an eidolon look and act like some kind of construct if that's what you'd like to do. If I remember right, Gnomes in particular are described as having eidolons that resemble constructs.

If you just want to fluff it out, go for the Evolutionist archetype. At level six this will allow you to spend 24 hours and some gold to completely change your Eidolon's evolutions (roleplayed as time spend tinkering on your bot). At level 8 you can change the base for of your eidolon when you level up (replace your old bot with a new one). At level 12 you can Transmogrify as a spell like ability once per day (rework all evolution points for free, saves on cash and time).

Then just pick up evolutions that fit the type of construct you want to build and fluff it as needed. Natural Armor becomes Armor Plating, Energy Attacks come from chemical or engineering tricks, extra limbs are mechanical appendages. Shoot, you could even build Frankenstein's Monster by picking up Undead Appearance.

The great thing about Eidolons is that you can pretty much build what ever you can imagine.

The Redwolf
2012-08-08, 11:51 AM
If I remember right, Gnomes in particular are described as having eidolons that resemble constructs.

That is very likely what I was remembering, dang.

Sheogoroth
2012-08-08, 03:44 PM
Effigy master?
I don't know if you are allowed to freely put templates on your Eidolon, but if you staple golem limbs on him and he fails the will-save, he is forced to take the half-golem template, granting him the construct type.