PDA

View Full Version : Wolfkirk OOC

CN the Logos
2012-08-03, 05:06 AM
For out of character discussions and questions concerning the NWoD mortals game I'm running (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251572).

Let me know if you've got any questions or problems that would keep you from posting, I'd like to keep this thing moving steadily if at all possible. I know you won't always be feeling inspired, but I'd like everyone to contribute at least three posts per week. If there's a fight going, please check the thread every day, or you will be skipped.

Enjoy, and try not to die too horribly. :smalltongue:

Lionheart
2012-08-03, 05:55 AM
Cool! I'll be speaking in Olive.

Looking forward to seeing where it all goes...

Lycan 01
2012-08-03, 08:06 AM
I'll take blue is nobody minds.

How hot is it outside, exactly? And how many rooms are there between us? One per person, or are we having to share?

Ganurath
2012-08-03, 11:24 AM
I think Gina will speak in Sienna.

Name: Gina Roberts
Character: Farmer's Daughter (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=425845)
Appearance: While she isn't that much taller than normal for her age, Gina has a decisively athletic build and a farmer's tan thanks to her upbringing. Her straight brown hair doesn't go past her neck, framing an almond-shaped face with soft brown eyes. She tends to dress in layers due to modesty about her figure, particularly favoring a combination of jeans and a denim jacket. While she'd get in trouble for having it on school grounds, she has her hunting knife on hand whenever she can get away with it, partly because of its value as a tool and partly because it was a gift from her father.
Backstory: Gina is the second of four daughters who grew up on a farm, and like her sisters had been taught a fair deal about working on a farm and getting by in the wilderness. While her parents had decided that her elder sister, Kelly, would be responsible for the farm, Gina herself had the opportunity to pursue her own career. She got a job helping out her uncle at a butcher's shop early on, although she has only been doing bladework since she was eighteen. While enrolling later in life than her classmates, Gina recently decided to make an attempt at college, as she wanted to make a more signifigant contribution to the world than fine cuts of meat. While she is currently focused toward culinary arts, she could easily change focus if something jumps out at her.

CN the Logos
2012-08-03, 12:45 PM
I'll take blue is nobody minds.

How hot is it outside, exactly? And how many rooms are there between us? One per person, or are we having to share?

Normal late July weather: high eighties/low nineties during the day, which is not helped by the humidity.

Six people (four girls, two guys), so say three rooms, with guys in one and girls in the other two. Part of the reason this trip is happening in the summer semester is that while summer in Wolfkirk is busier than winter, the town's major tourist attractions take place during the spring and fall, and prices for rooms in the local haunted mansion turned bed and breakfast increase as the festivals approach.

Lycan 01
2012-08-03, 02:20 PM
Reposting character sheet
Name: Jericho Harston (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=426146)
Character: Jaded Skeptic

Personality: Lazy and laid-back, something of a loner. He hates drama and complications - he likes things simple and easy. He's a bit abrasive and sarcastic, perhaps even what you'd call a jerk at times. But once he warms up he can be a funny, friendly guy who you'd like to share some beer with. He's got a bit of a temper, though he's usually able to keep it under control. He is very evasive about his past.

Appearance:
Jericho has brown hair which he wears long and loose, a semi-maintained beard, weathered features, and arms covered in tattoos of automotive-related things: cars, engines, tools, logos, car clubs, et cetera. He normally wears jeans, boots, and a variety of worn-out shirts. He also has a nice leather jacket he wears when he wants to looks spiffy, professional, and/or badass.

Background: Jericho grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. Hailing from a broken home, he spent most of his youth in and out of juvenile detention, bouncing around from foster home to foster home, and breaking more than a few jaws in street fights. When Jericho was 17, his life as he knew it came to a violent, gruesome halt.

Jericho spent the next decade of his life in prison. He has spent the last 8 years rebuilding himself, putting his dark past behind him and attempting to become a productive member of society. He's become a professional mechanic, attended therapy and support groups, gotten a job as a Vocational Tech professor teaching automotive repair at a local college, and he's even the "faculty sponsor" of one of the campus clubs.

Hazuki
2012-08-03, 02:24 PM
May I ask what the room arrangements are?

SecondRevan
2012-08-04, 05:52 AM
Kelly (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=426657) will talk in Purple

Kelly has a love of movies and spends her time planning or making movies, in a range of different genres. Currently, she uses the internet to distribute the shows, in order to build a portfolio she hopes she can leverage into becoming a proper director. She makes films in a wide variety of different genres, her most successful being an action series with Alice Nickelson. She joined the Paranormal club largely as research, she wants to know as much as she can before she attempts an ambitious horror movie she is currently thinking about.

I assume it probably makes sense if Kelly rooms with Alice, considering how close they are. So that will mean Gina and Laurie room together, and Jericho and Nick take the last room

Hazuki
2012-08-04, 07:02 AM
Fine by me. :smallsmile:

I see absolutely nothing bad coming of having the city girl shack up with the farm girl. :smalltongue:

SecondRevan
2012-08-05, 04:32 AM
What exactly are the rules for items that we are allowed to have? I know different games rule it different ways. Am I allowed to have a video camera, since it makes sense for my character to have one, or should I just say she left it at home?

CN the Logos
2012-08-05, 10:47 PM
What exactly are the rules for items that we are allowed to have? I know different games rule it different ways. Am I allowed to have a video camera, since it makes sense for my character to have one, or should I just say she left it at home?

I've got no problem with you having a video camera. Might even make your use of it a plot point, actually. :smalltongue:

SecondRevan
2012-08-06, 11:53 PM
Plot point, you say?

Very interesting. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it

Ganurath
2012-08-10, 10:02 PM
I could have sworn I already posted this question, but is the Laurie-Gina conversation occuring near where Mr. Harston (need to get in the habit of calling the teacher that mentally instead of Jericho) are at? If not, I figure this would be when Gina notices that most of the people are gone already.

CN the Logos
2012-08-10, 11:25 PM
I could have sworn I already posted this question, but is the Laurie-Gina conversation occuring near where Mr. Harston (need to get in the habit of calling the teacher that mentally instead of Jericho) are at? If not, I figure this would be when Gina notices that most of the people are gone already.

Well, I don't know where your character is, but I figured the conversation with Vivian was taking place in the lobby.

Lycan 01
2012-08-16, 03:26 PM
Heeeeeey, sooooo... What are we waiting for? Is there something awry? Just trying to do a status check on things. :smalltongue:

CN the Logos
2012-08-16, 07:38 PM
Heeeeeey, sooooo... What are we waiting for? Is there something awry? Just trying to do a status check on things. :smalltongue:

I have no idea. I was waiting for someone to either ask further questions in character or suggest moving to the trail before I change scenes with no warning.

So... If everybody's ready/willing/still present, we can move on whenever. :smalltongue:

Lycan 01
2012-08-16, 07:42 PM
Oh! Oh I see the problem! Your post didn't show up. :smalleek:

On my subscription feed, the thread doesn't show you as the last person who psoted. It never updated when you posted, even though the post is visible.

I'll respond ASAP.

CN the Logos
2012-08-19, 02:46 AM
Oh! Oh I see the problem! Your post didn't show up. :smalleek:

On my subscription feed, the thread doesn't show you as the last person who psoted. It never updated when you posted, even though the post is visible.

I'll respond ASAP.

I've had that happen before. Not often, thank God, but once.

I'll try to update once every other day at the least, so check back in about that often even if you don't see anything. If no one else has anything they want to do at the Estate for the moment, I'll shift scenes to the trail tomorrow night (or rather, tonight, since it's nearly 4 a.m. :smallsigh:).

Hazuki
2012-08-19, 06:31 AM
I'm waiting to move on, yeah. Ganurath didn't reply to my post, so yeah. :smalltongue:

Ganurath
2012-08-21, 12:21 AM
I'm waiting to move on, yeah. Ganurath didn't reply to my post, so yeah. :smalltongue:And I'm waiting for your OOC observations regarding where our conversation is taking place, since the ST doesn't know and where it's at will impact the content of my post.

CN the Logos
2012-08-21, 01:30 PM
Sorry guys. Craziness happened, and it it's take longer than I expected to write up the scene change. The good news is that we are finally almost done with the prologue. >_<

And I'm waiting for your OOC observations regarding where our conversation is taking place, since the ST doesn't know and where it's at will impact the content of my post.

I'd just assumed the two of you had joined everyone else down in the lobby by this point, unless there was a reason that wouldn't be so.

I've already got the trail scene change written out, but I'll give another couple of hours for anyone else who wants to respond in the current scene. Then we're moving on. I have IDEAS. :smallcool: