PDA

View Full Version : The Game Begins IC

mrcarter11
2012-08-03, 05:40 AM
Darkness, followed by silence had enveloped you. It left you with no ability to resist or struggle, and it felt like just seconds ticked by, but as the darkness fades and sounds reach you once more, you no longer have any idea of where you are. Nor do you have any idea what the creatures around you are. Then you see it, a thing not like any man or beast, shadows and darkness cover its entire form, it stands upon raised ground, above everyone else, commanding your attention.

"Greetings players, each of you have been chosen and brought here. I have ripped you from your realm of existence and brought you here, where you shall compete in my Master's Games. Each and every one of you should feel honored to participate in such a thing. Now I have gathered you as instructed and now I shall explain the rules of the Game.

Starting off, three doors will be unlocked for you. Each leads to a level of some sort. Each level also has a goal. Some levels only require you to exterminate everything that lives within. Other require you to find a object. So on and so forth. Upon entering a level, you won't be permitted to exit, until that level's goal has been completed. Understand? Now, once a door has been opened, it stays open on this side for exactly one minute. After that minute, no one else may enter the level. Level completion awards a set amount of points, which are divided up equally among those who completed it. That is where attempting to complete a level by yourself may award you a large advantage. Breaks are allowed to rest and recover in between levels, however taking a break for to long could result in terrible things.

Now then I'll leave you to decide if you all wish to go together or not. I do however advise small groups. If you need me, I am known as the Keeper. I shall be in the garden. Ah, one last thing, do try to not kill each other."

And now darkness clears completely, you can see that your standing within a long hallway. Doors line the hallway on each side and travel as far as you can see, leaving you to only guess the true number of doors present. Each carries a large lock, made of some sort of shimmering blue energy. Just as you begin to take notice of the locks, three doors lose theirs. Two on the left, numbered 1 and 3, as well as the first door on the right numbered 2. In front of you towards where the Keeper walked to is a staircase leading up and past that is another hallway, this one much shorter. Only a handful of doors before the hallway opens into what would appear to be a garden.

Upon the three newly unlocked doors, plaques appear. Simple and concise writing is written upon each plaque.

Nothing else of any concern appears to the group of you.

Simba
2012-08-03, 06:28 AM
R'Rhanna

As the darkness disappears you see a rather large figure standing in the hallway with you. About seven and a half feet tall, the figure seems to have a skin made of stone and no hair or fur. Clad in simple leather and unarmed, it seems to be a female of her race. Those with especially sharp noses can smell her well-oiled leathers, her sweat and some fresh blood.

Her catlike features twist into a snarl of barely suppressed rage as she turns left and right, trying to face as many of those present as possible, a wall at her back, feet spread in a warrior's stance, both arms lifted to her side, empty. "I am R'Rhianna, champion of the R'Twar Tloch. Who are you all? What do you want from me?"

Devmaar
2012-08-03, 09:56 AM
No one wants anything with you, Rhianna. The speaker is a diminutive figure in full-plate, acommpanied by a fierce looking dog with chain barding. His wrists and hands are encased in glowing blue energy, an ethereal helm of crystal covers his head and a cloak of blue energy is draped over his torso. A lance rests against his shoulder and a shield hangs on his back.I don't know about the rest of you but I'd like to get home and it looks like the way to do that is to play the game.

chrisrawr
2012-08-03, 12:13 PM
Xomish shakes off the lingering clouding of his mind, and leaps toward a door, intending to batter it down.
[roll0]

begooler
2012-08-03, 04:37 PM
An unhurried voice chants the verbal components of a spell.

The voice belongs to a female hobgoblin with unkept dark grey. On her neck are spellcasting trinkets, a pouch of material components, a necklace with a few pearls, a sprig of mistletoe, and an amulet depicting a feathered serpent.
She wears a deep red cloak, and dark brown leather pants and shoes, and well polished mithral chain.
She wields a bow, a spiked gauntlet, and a garden variety of arrows.

Tudela scans the area briefly, then focuses on the door containing the inscription about a chalice. While continuing to focus the spell, she inspects the door to see if there is any particular trick to opening it, and if there are any obvious traps it triggers.

Casting detect magic.

1d20+8
Search. Tudela does not have trapfinding, so she can't detect traps with a DC greater than 20.
If there are any spellcraft checks to roll as a result of detect magic, please roll them for me. +10 mod.

Doxkid
2012-08-03, 09:11 PM
Mr Skuttles, a grotesque amalgamation of reptilian and anthropoid traits coiled around itself into a large ball, does not move for a good few seconds. When he finally shifts he reveals a smaller version of himself which immediately darts off to ascend the stairs.

“Living beasts…what do those signs say? Warnings? Hints? Which are you trying to enter?”

Mr Skuttles reaches out with his tail to touch the nearest plaque, hoping to discern something useful from the way it feels.

Simba
2012-08-04, 12:51 AM
"So we only need to kill some monsters or do some other stuff and we can leave?"

R'Rhanna seems unsure what to do but lowers her arms and relaxes her stance a little.

"You could at least have the manners to introduce yourselves. If we are in this together we should act like that as well, right? So, who are you?"

mrcarter11
2012-08-04, 01:32 AM
As Xomish jumps at it's chosen door, the door opens itself to allow the beast through. As soon as Xomish clears the threshold, the creature disappears entirely.

Tudela starts to scan the door and detect the presence of magical auras on the door in question, however no traps can be found on the door.

This is for if you keep detect magic up.
2nd round
A single aura and it's power is overwhelming

3rd round
The door itself is magical. The magic itself is to powerful for you to discern what type of magic it is.

As Skuttles tail touches the plaque, the words upon on are read into his mind allowing him to read the plaques.

Doxkid
2012-08-04, 03:19 AM
Skuttles touches each of the three plaques in turn, memorizing their orientation compared to the direction Young Skuttles ran off in.

“Kill... Search… Or Coerce…” Feeling two presences standing before the second option, he brings his body before the first. “I have not granted death to the weak for quite some time. I will go kill.”

Here he calls Young Skuttles back to his side. When the smaller creature finally makes it back, the two of them stand together before door 1.

“Join me if you wish, warriors.”

Devmaar
2012-08-04, 06:15 AM
Marwell leads his dog to door 1 before mounting and readying his lance and shield.
I am Marwell Raye, knight of Lannaren. I will fight with you.

begooler
2012-08-04, 08:16 AM
Tudela studies the second door for a little less than half a minute, barely blinking as Xomish thrusts it open. After a moment, she rubs her eyes.

Manners are in the rules? You can call me Tudela, but I don't suppose there is much time for introductions with the task at hand. I'd fancy a search of this hall first- I have a hunch we will find something of use here. Only a hunch, but the door is already open after all.

Simba
2012-08-05, 02:06 AM
R'Rhanna moves to join Marwell in front of door 1.

Chasmotic
2012-08-06, 06:01 PM
Seeing the others grouping around doors one and two Kataskevi decides that someone should investigate the third door. A large shadow moves away from the wall and you [that's the all inclusive "you" which is closer to "one" in older English] see a large, vaguely humanoid shape, which you may or may not recognize as a clay golum, more or less. A smaller, but by no means small, similar figure held in it's hands. Looking at the larger of the two as compared to the smaller is like looking at a master artists rendition and his apprentice's attempt, though the smaller figure is obviously composed of wood and metal, rather than clay.

I am Kataskevi, the smaller one relates, in a voice that seems to only be technically proficient in common; the words are correct, the pronunciation close, but something about the sound seems off, as if the creature is making the sounds, knows their meaning, but knows nothing of inflection or emotion. In my time I have been called many things and I assure you that so long as I am aware that it is I to whom you speak I will answer, regardless of nomenclature. This, he continues, gesturing to the larger of the duo is Alpha. Speaking to it would be an act of futility, as it is more or less mindless. During this smallish speech Kevi's automaton-***-palanquin has walked to the third door, and set Kevi down in front of it. It would seem there are currently no takers for the third door. I will see what there is to see on this road. With that rather abrupt farewell he opens the door and has Alpha step through first, following shortly after.

begooler
2012-08-06, 07:54 PM
If Tudela has time before actually entering door 2, I would like her to cast 'sign.' She'll draw her bow as she enters.
(Note that she already spent a round casting detect magic and three rounds concentrating.)

Devmaar
2012-10-27, 06:59 PM
Marwell's dog stumbles as they return to the hall.

Well, R'Rhanna at least we survived.

He hangs his head and mumbles under his breath in Halfling.

Simba
2012-11-05, 04:15 AM
R'Rhanna looks Marwell up and down, then nods: "So we did. Let's honor the dead and see this through to the end. Will you stay with me when we enter the next door?"

Devmaar
2012-11-05, 08:02 AM
Without question.

Doxkid
2012-11-09, 03:47 PM
"You will not be rid of me that easily, mortal. Flesh dies, but the clan will always live." Mr. Skuttles, in all of his horrific and unnatural glory, slithers down the coridoor towards you two. He looks slightly...different...but there is no mistaking that unnatural form and supernatural body; if he is not Skuttles the two are at least related.

"Shall we go?"

Simba
2012-11-09, 06:46 PM
"How did you....." R'Rhanna looks truely surprised, at his reappearance.

Devmaar
2012-11-09, 06:49 PM
Marwell just stares, wide eyed, mouth hanging slightly open

Doxkid
2012-11-09, 08:26 PM
"The mother is the son. The father is the daughter. If even a single of my brood lives then I do as well. Even if I am...surprised slightly, by one of your kind." amusement gives way to annoyance as he says this.

"Shall we hunt again?"

mrcarter11
2012-11-10, 10:26 AM
As the three of you are reunited, the Keeper appears within the room. The first door, the one that the three of you stepped through now locks itself and disappears, leaving only a section of wall where it once was. The second and third doors you had seen, currently have sigils on them. A soft power emanates from the sigils.

"Greetings players, did you enjoy the dungeon? I must say Master enjoyed watching it quite greatly. Now it would seem the other three were not so fortunate however and so" At this it waves it's hand towards the other two doors, and the sigils fade away leaving the doors unlocked just as they were before you left. "those doors are unlocked now for you three. And you have unlocked a new door, for a new dungeon. Lastly points will be awarded to the two that completed the dungeon. I shall be in the garden if you need anything."

The Keeper then moves towards the area that was apparently the garden.

Simba and Devmaar each gain fifty points. I'll edit into the first post of the OOC your point totals and what the plaque on the fourth door will say.

Doxkid
2012-11-10, 11:32 AM
"They fell? Odd..." Skuttles touches each of the four plaques in order."Even we had some trouble, but the fleshless man would not fall as a mortal or...near mortal, like myself, would. He does not at all seem happy about this death toll.

Whay say you, warriors? If you would forgive my sloppy fighting, shall we depert together again? And if so, where to? I favor slaying-erm...saving...the king over finishing the work of our peers."

Devmaar
2012-11-10, 11:58 AM
Yes, protecting a King is very much in my line of work

Simba
2012-11-12, 05:30 AM
"Fine with me, let's get going! And it's good to have you back, my strange friend."

mrcarter11
2012-11-12, 06:31 PM
So entering the fourth door?

Devmaar
2012-11-12, 07:31 PM
I think so

Doxkid
2012-11-12, 08:58 PM
Greatsword held ready, Mr. Skuttles leads the charge into the fourth door

Simba
2012-11-13, 12:42 AM
R'Rhanna follows Skuttles, but moves more carefully.