PDA

View Full Version : [3.5/PF] Life Oracle Build Advice

Yorae
2012-08-03, 11:35 AM
Hey playground,

I'm currently working on building a Life Oracle for an upcoming campaign with a good bit of optimization and was hoping to tap into the substantial gitp braintrust for some pointers. We're allowed any wizard's published 3.5 source as well as anything on the pfsrd. This character is intended to be primarily healing/support, but some utility/bfc and/or damage potential would be welcome.

Decisions that have been made so far:

Race: Aasimar (PF version), with the Heavenborn alternate racial trait (+1 CL on good and light spells)
Curse: Tongues (player is set on tongues for RP reasons as well)
Mystery: Life (obviously)
Revelations (in order):
1: Channel Energy
3: Life Link
7: Combat Healer
11: Energy Body?
15: ???
19: ???

Aasimar do get a great favored class bonus for Oracles - +1/2 effective oracle levels for the purpose of determining the effects of one revelation. I applied this to Channel Energy, which seems great since the ability scales much faster and ends up 50% stronger.

As far as feats/traits, I'm not terribly sure, but I think I'm going to want to pick up Selective Channeling and Versatile Spellcaster at a minimum. We don't want to be healing enemies, certainly and Versatile Spellcaster is just so useful.

I'm not terribly sure where to go from here. Normally I'd do some Divine Metamagic stuff, maybe reach+chain, which I've done before with success on a cleric, but Channel Energy isn't quite the same as Turn Undead.. Maybe a dip into Sacred Exorcist is in order? Even then, its usually best to have multiple turning pools to make it work. =\ For reference, another character in the party-to-be is an artificer with Persistent Spell (3.5 version), so we won't need to worry too much about covering that side of things. We are using craft points, so maybe the oracle should take a crafting feat or two and collaborate?

It seems like I SHOULD be able to do some synergistic combo with life link, but I can't seem to figure out what.

Quick Channeling seems good, but using those channels twice as fast, when I already have less of them than a Cleric seems like a poor decision... and Extra Channeling only grants 2 (?!) extra uses, which seems pretty poor. There is a chain of chanelling feats specific to Aasimar, which I got excited about that lets you push enemies around if you damage them with your channeling ((greater/improved) Channel Force). This seems like it might be useful, except that it will only work on things you can hurt with your channeling, which is likely to make it useless 90% of the time, even with wasting another feat on Channel Alignment. Maximize Channeling seems like it could be a good choice to make use of those extra dice on our channels from being an Aasimar.

Any advice here would be immensely appreciated, as I'm not nearly as familiar with Oracles as I am many of the older classes, so my op-fu is weak.