PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Old Enemies, New Alliances (OOC)



Pages : 1 [2]

Stormwind
2013-03-23, 08:12 AM
One down ... and they haven't even gotten to act ... :smallbiggrin:

I am thinking that we'll want to talk to the lizard guy ... what are the odds on taking him prisoner? *sly look in Heather's direction*

Angstrom
2013-03-23, 12:24 PM
Happy to oblige.

Stormwind
2013-03-23, 01:50 PM
init: [roll0]

Total buffs:

+4 to hit, +4 to damage, +2 to saves (no extra bonus vs fear or charm), +2 to all checks
Just a minor note ... you don't seem to have included the bonuses from Haste (which Ilmarinen cast on the whole party).
From the 3 effects (Haste, Good Hope, Inspire courage) I make the total bonuses (which everyone in the party should currently have):

+5 to hit,
+4 damage,
+1AC,
Fort +2/Ref +3/Will +2 to saves,
+2 to all checks,
+30ft movement
additional attack on full attack


---

Happy to oblige.Great ... thanks

Stormwind
2013-03-25, 02:45 AM
... and a possible crit on the spellstrike:

Black blade [roll0] melee [roll1] plus [roll2] fire plus [roll3] electric

Cleavon
2013-03-26, 01:50 PM
... and a possible crit on the spellstrike:

Black blade [roll0] melee [roll1] plus [roll2] fire plus [roll3] electric


Ow. That two headed troll is made of pretty stern stuff, and it looks like he needed to be.

Also, you only hit him with the crit. Your other rolls were luckily low enough to produce misses on his thick hide.

Gamblerjoe and Gorthok should be posting sometime this afternoon/evening.

Stormwind
2013-03-26, 04:17 PM
Ow. That two headed troll is made of pretty stern stuff, and it looks like he needed to be.

Also, you only hit him with the crit. Your other rolls were luckily low enough to produce misses on his thick hide.

Gamblerjoe and Gorthok should be posting sometime this afternoon/evening.
Yeah ... I was rather happy with the crit (specifically that it was the spellstrike that crit) ... 95 points of damage in one hit is definitely nothing to complain about ... unless you're the one getting hit :smallcool:
I'm guessing that the other two attacks might even have hit if Ilmarinen would've had the flanking bonus from Heather, but since she's grappling he had to do without that nice +2 flanking bonus ...

... all in all a good round - Now one of the others(Gorm?) can finish off our two-headed friend! :smallbiggrin:

Gamblerjoe
2013-03-26, 04:43 PM
looks like i messed up my initial actions. i didnt realize Ilmarinen moved on the surprise round. lets just say that i moved to keep up with him and blurred him this round. so:

surprise round: good hope
round 0: move and song
round 1: move and blur

Cleavon
2013-03-26, 04:48 PM
looks like i messed up my initial actions. i didnt realize Ilmarinen moved on the surprise round. lets just say that i moved to keep up with him and blurred him this round. so:

surprise round: good hope
round 0: move and song
round 1: move and blur

Noted.


Also, as for taking down your two headed friend? I think it would take a couple good sized crits for Gorm to take that thing down.

Stormwind
2013-03-26, 05:34 PM
Also, as for taking down your two headed friend? I think it would take a couple good sized crits for Gorm to take that thing down.We have hope .... Good Hope :smallbiggrin:

Gamblerjoe
2013-03-27, 12:36 AM
been a busy day for me and Gorthok. i found time to post while he was doing his laundry but forgot to tell him to post. hopefully he will tomorrow.

Cleavon
2013-03-27, 12:44 AM
been a busy day for me and Gorthok. i found time to post while he was doing his laundry but forgot to tell him to post. hopefully he will tomorrow.

Ok, that sounds good. Just prod him about it when you see him. Preferably with a cattle prod.

Cleavon
2013-03-27, 10:59 PM
Ok, lets see here:


[roll0]

Gamblerjoe
2013-03-27, 11:49 PM
possible crit [roll0] [roll1]

Angstrom
2013-03-28, 01:34 AM
Not that anything could take that much damage in addition to Gorm's arrows and still be standing, but here's the crit roll anyways
Confirm: [roll0], [roll1]+[roll]1d6[roll]electric

Cleavon
2013-03-29, 05:21 PM
The two headed troll and scrag are down, leaving just the Lizardfolk. He can be easily subdued for the most part, so if you guys want to just grab him and hold him down I'll update with that a bit later.

Gamblerjoe
2013-03-30, 01:22 AM
diplo roll since i previewed my post while typing it up.

[roll0]

Gamblerjoe
2013-03-30, 01:30 AM
Diplomacy (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/diplomacy) is generally ineffective in combat and against creatures that intend to harm you or your allies in the immediate future. Any attitude shift caused through Diplomacy generally lasts for 1d4 hours but can last much longer or shorter depending upon the situation (GM discretion).

not sure to what extent we are still in combat. he obviously wants to hurt us, but this check is less about improving his attitude, and more about getting him to give up, which may or may not be something he wants to do anyway.

Cleavon
2013-03-31, 11:35 PM
Will save
[roll0]

Stormwind
2013-04-01, 06:11 AM
With some luck, that might channel the direction of the lizardman's thoughts ...

Stormwind
2013-04-02, 10:32 AM
Just to give you guys a heads up OOC with whats going on inside Ilmarinen's head ... he's thinking about bringing the Lizardman back to Brindol, BUT not immediately ...

First we would have to stash the lizardman - perhaps here at the ruined tower?
Then we go and take a closer look at where he came from ...
And then when we return, pick up the lizardman, having hopefully gathered some good intel, or even proof, and then return with the lot to Brindol.


Things for others to think about:

Whether it is politically a good idea ... (Jasper/Gorm/?)

Cleavon
2013-04-02, 03:29 PM
Well, Gorm will be the first to caution that it would indeed have political implications, but he isn't as well versed in the politics of Brindol as Jasper is.

Gorms knowledge does extend too much further than the regular folk of Brindol and the inner workings of the Hunters guild, but he is still acutely aware that meddling with the remaining Lizardmen(Most of the populace of brindol feel they are a dying breed and should be left alone to die out) can be seen as taboo, since they were an old enemy.

Jasper can probably give better insight.

Angstrom
2013-04-02, 04:03 PM
...since they were an old enemy.

Title drop is usually significant. I vote we just leave him to the mongrels to do as they wish. If Gorm can track the trolls path back to their camp, Heather can do some aerial surveillance to see if the hobgoblins are being kept there.

Cleavon
2013-04-03, 09:39 PM
I noticed something in Heathers post. Davros Fellblades son was the Hobgoblin who you found on your way to Brindol, who died before you you got him back to the city.

You are currently trying to figure out who attacked them because two of the other hunters guild members are still missing. They were green recruits that Flargen(Davros' son) had taken into the swamp.

Angstrom
2013-04-03, 09:57 PM
My bad, got my plotlines crossed. The correction has been edited in.

Cleavon
2013-04-03, 10:20 PM
My bad, got my plotlines crossed. The correction has been edited in.

Yeah I figured. I mean like, it's been months since we started.

Gamblerjoe
2013-04-04, 04:25 AM
knowledge local (brindol) [roll0]

Cleavon
2013-04-06, 07:59 PM
So, the Lizardman doesn't seem to want to be any more productive. Is the plan to get rid of him in some way, or secure him in some way and then track where he came from?

Angstrom
2013-04-06, 10:27 PM
Let Ilmarinen or the mongrelfolk kill the lizard. The mongrels doing it could teach them to stand up to the lizardfolk slavers in the future.

Cleavon
2013-04-06, 11:21 PM
The leader is plenty ok with killing the Lizardfolk.

The only problem is that as a whole they are a fairly weak people. They don't mind defending themselves but they would have to get those trolls one versus all the Mongrelmen to take them out.

So they aren't averse to protecting themselves, they're just against bad odds most of the time.

Cleavon
2013-04-08, 06:44 PM
I'll update the thread tonight. If anyone has a specific thing in mind for the lizardmans fate let me know.

Or anything else you want to clear up before moving on.

Gorthok
2013-04-11, 01:26 AM
ATTENTION:
Our GM's hard drive seems to have kicked the bucket. He will be back with us as soon as possible.

Cleavon
2013-04-11, 08:13 AM
ATTENTION

My Backup Harddrive worked. Unfortunately my game was housed on the now defunct harddrive.

I am quite sure I can easily re-create the material, though the maps will take the longest.

I'll get to work on it as soon as I have my computer back to full functionality, I have plenty of stuff to re-install and update.

I'll keep you all updated!

Cleavon
2013-04-16, 01:20 AM
I'm working on finishing up the map for this encounter, so I advanced the scene sufficiently to get us there.

I should have the map done tomorrow, and get you a better look at the encampment and you can decide upon your plan of attack.

Gamblerjoe
2013-04-17, 05:27 AM
i suppose we wait in the jungle for Heather to land and give us the update. then we can form a plan of attack in IC.

Angstrom
2013-04-17, 02:54 PM
Heather shares everything she saw with the party. I'm thinking that if we wait 'til nightfall Heather could probably take out several guards without being spotted if the night is dark enough. I'm basically aiming for a series of batman takedowns before the alarm is raised.

In theory she could make potions of invisibility for everyone or use alchemist's fire to start a distraction. Not as cool as batman though.

Cleavon
2013-04-17, 05:35 PM
How long does it take her to make an invisibility potion..or extract..or what have you?

Also, waiting for night is always an option, Gorm figures sunset is in about six hours.

Gorthok
2013-04-22, 11:10 AM
Oh... just so you guys know.. I can cast Badger's Ferocity. It acts like Keen Edge, but i can cast it on 1 weapon per 3/levels, so I can get both Illmarenen's Blade and Gorm's Bow for the beginning of the battle if you like. The only downside is it requires concentration to keep the effect going, and it has a close (60ft.) range. Just a thought though.

Angstrom
2013-04-22, 03:21 PM
I think Ilmarinen's sword is already keen. Shame about the concentration duration though, otherwise that would be a really good spell.

Making extracts would severely hamper Heather's combat ability, and making enough potions would take multiple days. I'd say just scout out the area and wait for nightfall.

Cleavon
2013-04-22, 03:52 PM
Hmm. That works for me. We'll have to talk to Jasper a little and see what he thinks about that as well.

I'll talk to him later tonight and then post up a closer look from your approach.

Cleavon
2013-04-29, 01:18 AM
Sites back :D

Everybody check in please?

Stormwind
2013-04-29, 05:19 AM
Here. :smallbiggrin:

Gamblerjoe
2013-04-29, 10:40 AM
ah yes the forums be back.

Angstrom
2013-04-29, 03:27 PM
Back.

And next time the party is in Brindol I vote for buying a Potion of Glibness for situations like these.

Cleavon
2013-04-29, 05:38 PM
Wurd. I'll have something up tonight.

Stormwind
2013-05-06, 03:00 AM
Just a thought ... if we wait for dark, and if Jasper could cast silence on a few stones, that could help us take out enough of the sentries or kobolds without raising any alarm ...
At the very least that ought to be enough for Jasper to get into the encampment and determine whether there is any trace of the hobgoblins there ... (i.e. we take out a kobold & Jasper disguises himself as the same one ...)

Cleavon
2013-05-06, 04:04 AM
Just a thought ... if we wait for dark, and if Jasper could cast silence on a few stones, that could help us take out enough of the sentries or kobolds without raising any alarm ...
At the very least that ought to be enough for Jasper to get into the encampment and determine whether there is any trace of the hobgoblins there ... (i.e. we take out a kobold & Jasper disguises himself as the same one ...)

Not a bad plan. I'll make sure and talk to Jasper and Khrona when they get out of work tomorrow, and hopefully they'll have time to consider it and post.

I see them online a lot of the time, but often they are busy with things. I'll see what I can do about moving this part along.

Gamblerjoe
2013-05-06, 12:08 PM
i dont have any way to cast silence but i can get some scrolls in the future.

Stormwind
2013-05-06, 12:43 PM
i dont have any way to cast silence but i can get some scrolls in the future.Hmmm ... that doesn't really help much right now ... What about Khrona? Does she know silence?

Gorthok
2013-05-09, 11:34 PM
Khrona does not have the silence spell... however, I do have Ghost Sound, in case that can be helpful.

Cleavon
2013-05-24, 01:56 AM
I'll see what I can do to get this moving.

Cleavon
2013-06-24, 02:17 AM
I'd like to thank everyone that stuck around as long as they did. I had some high hopes for this game but with my Hard drive being wiped out mid way through...

It was a bit of a downer.

I will be putting up a light hearted game that I think will work well in PbP, set in the world of the popular Doraleous & Associates animated show.

It's going to be a sandbox affair, so if you're interested keep an eye on the recruitment page, I should be making a thread to start it up in a week or two.

Thanks again for playing!

Stormwind
2013-06-24, 07:39 AM
Thanks for all your time and effort Cleavon. It was a lot of fun whilst it lasted.

Angstrom
2013-06-24, 09:32 PM
Thanks for a great game Cleavon. I liked this group a lot.