PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Old Enemies, New Alliances (OOC)



Pages : [1] 2

Cleavon
2012-08-03, 02:56 PM
Welcome to the OOC thread. I'll be getting Links to character info from Gorthok soon enough, but here is the character info as it stands.

{table=head] Player | Character | Description |
Gamblerjoe | Jasper Whizclatter (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=427776) | Halfling bard |
Gorthok | Khrona (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=396184) | Samsaran oracle |
... | ... | ... |
Psilulz | Amalody (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=427824) | Rogue / Fighter
Stormwind | Ilmarinen Brujah (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=427988) | Elven magus(bladebound)
Angstrom | Heather Pauwher (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=428223) | Human alchemist
[/table]

Please pick colors other than: Black, Grey or Brown

We will begin once everyone is ready, it may be later tonight or perhaps tomorrow. I will also be copying the campaign info into this thread in case anyone needs to reference it.

Cleavon
2012-08-03, 02:58 PM
Campaign Map
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/HobgoblinPathfinderWorldMap.png

Campaign Information

200 years ago the world was a different place. Monsters roamed the land in droves, and the abundnace of Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Halflings, Gnomes and Half-Orcs roamed the land in bands slaying them for challenge and profit. Many of the evil beings in the land revered the strength, cunning and sheer power of dragons. The "Adventuring Races" then decided upon a plan. They would hunt these powerful beasts to extinction, before the worship of them caused their world to fall into chaos.

As the dragons fell to the heroes of the age the power of the various monstrous races seemed to weaken. One by one they fell, their heads spiked upon great pillars to show the power of the teamwork, brains and brawn of adventurers. The last dragon fell, and that was when their plan fell apart.

Their folly came when out of the great swamp came the dragons greatest allies. The Lizardfolk had risen up a great army. This army was more than the civilized races could handle themselves. As they fought tooth and nail to save their lands from the invaders, the battle turned slowly towards the anihilation of the "adventuring races". They would gain vengeance for what had been done.

Their saviors came from an unlikely group. To the north of their lands the Hobgoblin Empire had its hands full staving off the tribes of Orcs that roam the Nomad lands, but they saw no interest in allowing potential allies to be destroyed. Their armies swept in to the aid of the "adventuring races" and together they put an end to the lizardfolk menace. They drove them deep into the swamps, and snuffed out the last of their army.

200 years have passed and the "adventuring races" are now simply known as the Conclave. Their lands are much smaller than they were in the past. The Conclave takes up only the southern portion of the continent now, where it had stretched up along the edge of the Great Swamp. The Hobgoblins now control these lands. They have rebuilt what was destroyed, and the Conclave wishes them well, including a ringing endorsement when they built their new capitol nearer the swamp, to ever keep an eye eastward on the fetid land.

The Conclave is run by two representatives of each race. Human, Halfling, Dwarf, Gnome, Half-Orc, Half-Elf, and Elf. They rule from Saltmire, a bustling port city on the eastern coast of the continent. In the past 200 years of the councils rule they have put limits on what the roaming bands of adventurers may do, and where they may go. They fear the stirring up of trouble as much as they do the monsters that roam the wilderness.

The Hobgoblin Empire is much the same. They have a strict policy that groups of people roaming the land are forbidden. If any wish to delve ruins, or seek out the dank caves of beasts in their lands, it must first be cleared with the Hobgoblin hunters guild.

The Hobgoblins themselves are now heavily embroiled in war with the Orc tribes to the north. Their rigid system of Law and Order does not allow them to turn their noses to the pillaging along their northern border, and the more troops they send into the nomad lands the more orcs flock to the war banner.

Far to the north, beyond the nomad lands the Frozen North holds many ancient wonders, but little of value to settlers. The land is populated by the Minotaur. Their furred skin enures them to the cold climate, and they keep mostly to themselves, except when they send trading ships once a year down the eatern coast, bringing Whale fat oil and more goods they have hunted and gathered, to trade with the Halflings of Rafshire.


Conclave Lands Information

Saltmire is the capitol of the Conclave lands, and there the Conclave passes down their judgements and makes the laws that govern the land. The various races vote to decide their representatives, and any who wish to run for the office are able.

Elfhome is the ancestral home of the Elven race on this continent, and all manner of elves flock there.

Hammerlund is the Dwarven stronghold in the Conclave, and it produces many of the metal goods and stoneworkers that are required to keep the land safe and build structures.

Bellshill is a mostly Human town, which was destroyed in the Lizardfolk war. It has since been rebuilt.

Tinkerport is home to the Gnomes of the Conclave lands, and they also control much of the inland fishing trade from their port on the inner sea.

Grans Farthing is run by Half-Orcs. It is a homey town, which features thatch roofed cottages and many more rustic types of abodes. The people there value hardwork, and strength above all else.

Derns Landing is the home to many Halflings in the Conclave, and from there they control much of the fishing trade from the ocean. They have set up cities on two of the nearby Islands, Glunn and Rafshire, and many people of all races have moved to them for the opportunity to make a living on the shores there, fishing or tending the boats that bring in the catches.


The Story So Far


Your group has been selected by the Conclave for any number of reasons to over see an important mission. Two representatives from the Conclave are traveling to the Hobgoblin capitol of Brindol to meet with Emperor Regalos Helmsdaf in regards to a formal alliance between the Hobgoblin Empire and the Conclave.

Ever since the war 200 years ago the Conclave has struggled to regain its former glory. It is now apparent that without forging a bond between the stoic Hobgoblins and their own people they will not be able to attain their old status.
Your journey begins on the road, traveling with the two representatives onward to the Hobgoblin Capitol.



General OOC information

Ok, to clarify:
Hobgoblin Empire is Lawful Neutral.
Conclave Lands are Neutral Good(On average)
The Great Swamp has been fairly quiet for the past 150 years.
The war between the Orcs and Hobgoblins seems to have escalated over the past 50 years.
The Minotaur to the north will not come into play very much, and no you can't play as one.
I would prefer people not to pick Hobgoblin as a race, but if you want to come up with a good character and a stunning backstory for one be my guest.
Your job as requested by the Conclave is to take the two Representatives (a human named Wilt Badger and an Elf named Tella Vilron) and to keep them safe until they have negotiated a treaty between the Hobgoblin Empire and the Conclave.

Oh, and the Hobgoblins worship their own Gods, known as "The Triad" It consists of The Redeemer, The Avenger and The Martyr. Think Forgotten realms.

Everyone else worships the normal pantheon found in Golarion.

EDIT: Just wanted to put this in two places...no Firearms in this setting.

Stormwind
2012-08-03, 03:35 PM
Ilmarinen (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=427988) will speak in "Teal", thoughts will be in Teal.

As far as potential background links go, Ilmarinen grew up in Elfhome (possible link with Amalody), and has traveled to most of the major cities within the Conclave lands (anyone), but the last ten years has been spent in Hammerlund studying under a dwarven weapon master. He has never been anywhere outside of the Conclave lands.
If anyone would like existing background links, then as long as they fit into the details above, I'm open to the possibility.

Psilulz
2012-08-03, 05:32 PM
As far as potential background links go, Ilmarinen grew up in Elfhome (possible link with Amalody)...

Wow, they're even like the same age pretty much.
Amalody will use "Green" for her chattin', and thoughts will be italicized.

Gorthok
2012-08-03, 07:54 PM
Sorry about not getting a sheet up before Cleavon picked players. Been busy all week with job interviews. Khrona will be speaking her mind in BLUE!

Cleavon
2012-08-03, 09:44 PM
Sorry about not getting a sheet up before Cleavon picked players. Been busy all week with job interviews. Khrona will be speaking her mind in BLUE!

Yeah. Get a sheet up, Beavis.

Gamblerjoe
2012-08-04, 12:11 AM
gratz to everyone who got in. Ill take a moment to familiarize myself with all your characters. looks like we have a nice solid group.

ill go with Indigo since that is the color of my bard dice for pnp.

Cleavon
2012-08-04, 12:11 AM
The game will start on the road, close to the Hobgoblin capital of Brindol. You guys can have whatever connections you like.

Once everyone has posted here I'll make the IC thread and link it at the top.

Stormwind
2012-08-04, 03:21 AM
The game will start on the road, close to the Hobgoblin capital of Brindol.
Looking at the map there seem to be two logical paths that we might have taken:
Saltmire -> Relhorn -> Brindol
Saltmire -> Bellshill -> Helmsport -> Brindol

Which path did we take? I figure it would be useful to know the name of the last town that we would have just passed through on our way to Brindol.

Angstrom
2012-08-04, 03:25 AM
Heather will be Dark Reding her speech.

I'll be late to the IC as I'll be on a camping trip 'til Tuesday. Sorry for the bad timing.

As always I'm open to linking up backstories with anyone but it might be difficult for the elves as Heather is 100 years younger than both of them.

Stormwind
2012-08-04, 03:33 AM
Wow, they're even like the same age pretty much.
Amalody will use "Green" for her chattin', and thoughts will be italicized.Psilulz
If you are amicable to the idea of a past connection, then I had the thought that Amalody and Ilmarinen could have been childhood friends/companions/acquaintances in Elfhome but that neither has seen the other for a long time (since we each left).
Since they are about the same age (Amalody is 1 year older) and they are both interested in at least some similar things (fighting styles are both dex based), it could be plausible that they shared schooling too.

Thoughts?

Cleavon
2012-08-04, 04:01 AM
That's fine Angstrom. There won't be any combat for a while here, so you shouldn't miss too much.

Here is some of the information asked for, and more information you may need on your travels:

Wilt Badger

Wilt is a human, who was the Mayor of Bellshill for several years before being appointed to the Council. He is a master orator, and a kind and gentle person. He sports a pot belly and wears somber colors. He is often seen as a leader for the more "Common" man.

Tella Vilron

Tella is an elf. She was born in Elfhome to one of the Councils elder members. Her father retired several years ago and she took his place on the council. She is a noble in Elfhome, and is not used to travel on the road. She is more distant than Wilt, but she is known for being able to sway people who are stubborn. She is a great negotiator, and is always firm in her dealings.

You took the route of Saltmire->Bellshill->Helmsport->Brindol.

In Helmsport your coming was called, and you stayed in one of the nicest Inns in the city. They made sure to load your wagon with wine, cured meats, cheeses and the like to keep your politician friends fed on the road to Brindol.

Psilulz
2012-08-04, 04:55 AM
If you are amicable to the idea of a past connection, then I had the thought that Amalody and Ilmarinen could have been childhood friends/companions/acquaintances in Elfhome but that neither has seen the other for a long time (since we each left).
Since they are about the same age (Amalody is 1 year older) and they are both interested in at least some similar things (fighting styles are both dex based), it could be plausible that they shared schooling too.

Thoughts?

I could see childhood friends working. Schooling might also be possible, as we're both more martially inclined. Do you wunna say like our familys knew each other or something? How much of a prankster is/was Ilmarinen?

Stormwind
2012-08-04, 09:42 AM
Psilulz
I could see childhood friends working. Schooling might also be possible, as we're both more martially inclined. Do you wunna say like our familys knew each other or something? How much of a prankster is/was Ilmarinen?
Sounds good. Ilmarinen's family was/is quite traditional and the entire family excels and focuses on arcane magic (Wizards/witches/sorcerers/etc). When he was younger he distinctly rebelled against what his family thought he should do and study (they were completely against martial studies of any kind), so at that age he was relatively rebellious and whilst not such a prankster himself, would have be likely to accompany others on pranks (such as Amalody perhaps).
Nowadays he's gotten to do what he wants to do, and so isn't so inclined to rebel any more.



As always I'm open to linking up backstories with anyone but it might be difficult for the elves as Heather is 100 years younger than both of them.Very true, it might be plausible that Ilmarinen (or Amalody) would have met Heather's parents .. or grandparents ... depending on where she (and her parents/grandparents) grew up, but I think, at least in Ilmarinen's case, it's unlikely to have amounted to more than just a passing acquaintance, if even that. Of course if you come up with a great idea for something, it's always possible ...

Stormwind
2012-08-04, 11:15 AM
I don't know if anyone else is interested, but I threw together a table to get a bit of an idea of skill specialties (i.e. who's good at what), counting 'good' as a 9+ in a skill (i.e. even rolling a 1 gets you a 10+):
{table=head] | Jasper (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=427776) | Khrona (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=396184) | Amalody (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=427824) | Ilmarinen (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=427988) | Heather (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=428223)

Acrobatics | | | +13 | |
Appraise | | | | |
Bluff | | | +10 | |
Climb | | | | |
Craft (alchemy) | | | | | +23
Craft (calligraphy) | | | | +9 |
Diplomacy | | | | |
Disable device | | | +15 | | +12
Disguise | | +10 | | |
Escape artist | | | | |
Fly | | | | +16 | +12
Handle animal | | | | |
Heal | | +13 | | |
Intimidate | | | | |
Knowledge (arcana) | +9 | | | +15 |
Knowledge (dungeoneering) | +10 | | | +9 |
Knowledge (engineering) | +10 | | | |
Knowledge (geography) | +10 | | | |
Knowledge (history) | +13 | | | |
Knowledge (local) | +10 | | | |
Knowledge (nature) | +9 | | | |
Knowledge (nobility) | +10 | | | |
Knowledge (planes) | +9 | | | +9 |
Knowledge (religion) | +9 | +9 | | |
Linguistics | +12 | | +11 | |
Perception | | | +12 | +11 | +9
Perform (Act) | +20 | | | |
Perform (Oratory) | +20 | | | |
Perform (Percusion) | +14 | | | |
Profession | | | | |
Ride | | | +9 | |
Sense motive | | | | +9 | +9
Sleight of hand | +12 | | +10 | |
Spellcraft | +12 | +10 | +11 | +15 | +19
Stealth | +14 | | +20 | | +9
Survival | | | | |
Swim | | | | |
Use magic device | +18 | +12 | +10 | |
... | | | | |
[/table]

I figured it would give a good overview of who is good at what, and whether there are any notable gaps. The first thing that strikes me (after noting all of Jasper's knowledge skills) is that none of us are diplomatic ... not in the slightest(Khrona actually has some diplomacy skills, but just not enough to get onto the table) - which should make things interesting :smallwink:

Did a similair table for languages ... boy do we have linguists in the group!!!
{table=head] | Jasper (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=427776) | Khrona (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=396184) | Amalody (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=427824) | Ilmarinen (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=427988) | Heather (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=428223)

Common | x | x | x | x | x
Dwarven | x | | x | x | x
Elven | x | | x | x | x
Giant | x | | x | |
Gnome | x | | x | |
Goblin | x | | x | x | x (Hobgoblin)
Halfling | x | | | |
Orc | x | | x | x |
Samsaran | | x | | |
Sylvan | | | x | x |
Undercommon | | | x | |
| | | | |
Draconic | x | x | x | x |
| | | | |
Aquan | | | | |
Auran | x | | | |
Ignan | | | | |
Terran | x | | | |
[/table]
The interesting thing here is that thus far (except for Khrona), everyone in the group can happily converse in Common, Dwarven, Elven, and Goblin. Including Khrona limits us to just Common.

Cleavon
2012-08-04, 04:11 PM
Plenty of languages known, that is for sure.

I'll be putting up the IC thread later this evening, once I've taken care of a few things around the house.

Cleavon
2012-08-05, 01:10 AM
IC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13673292)

Here is the IC Thread.

Psilulz
2012-08-05, 02:06 AM
Psilulz
Sounds good. Ilmarinen's family was/is quite traditional and the entire family excels and focuses on arcane magic (Wizards/witches/sorcerers/etc). When he was younger he distinctly rebelled against what his family thought he should do and study (they were completely against martial studies of any kind), so at that age he was relatively rebellious and whilst not such a prankster himself, would have be likely to accompany others on pranks (such as Amalody perhaps).
Nowadays he's gotten to do what he wants to do, and so isn't so inclined to rebel any more.

Muahaha, I can imagine them as partners in "crime" or something, running around mischieving and such. Well, Amalody mostly, and having Ilmarinen follow and/or play lookout maybe.

Stormwind
2012-08-05, 02:12 AM
Are we riding or walking beside the wagon? i.e. do we have horses?
(I'm guessing that since this is a diplomatic mission we probably do ... but it never hurts to be sure :smallbiggrin:)

Stormwind
2012-08-05, 02:29 AM
Psilulz
Muahaha, I can imagine them as partners in "crime" or something, running around mischieving and such. Well, Amalody mostly, and having Ilmarinen follow and/or play lookout maybe.
When Ilmarinen decides to do something, he generally goes all the way. With pranks, whilst he would be unlikely to have come up with good pranks himself, I imagine he would have fully participated in their planning and execution ...
I have this image of the two of them causing untold havoc - running amok. Perhaps even regularly joining forces to deal with a group of arrogant slightly older students (the goodie-two shoes bullies type).

Cleavon
2012-08-05, 02:47 AM
Are we riding or walking beside the wagon? i.e. do we have horses?
(I'm guessing that since this is a diplomatic mission we probably do ... but it never hurts to be sure :smallbiggrin:)

Whatever suits your character. If you want to ride, and did not buy a horse one is provided for you, but it isn't yours to keep. Not at the moment anyway.

Stormwind
2012-08-05, 05:50 AM
Whatever suits your character. If you want to ride, and did not buy a horse one is provided for you, but it isn't yours to keep. Not at the moment anyway.Ilmarinen will ride. I think it just fits the flavor of the story better at this point. Depending on what we end up doing, perhaps he'll even end up buying the willful creature :smalltongue:

Gamblerjoe
2012-08-05, 03:43 PM
some knowledge local checks for Brindol
a strange law (DC 10) [roll0]
a ruler (DC 10) [roll1]
a popular location (DC 10) [roll2]
a local tradition (DC 15) [roll3]
a hidden organization (DC 20) [roll4]

Cleavon
2012-08-05, 04:05 PM
some knowledge local checks for Brindol
a strange law (DC 10) [roll0]
a ruler (DC 10) [roll1]
a popular location (DC 10) [roll2]
a local tradition (DC 15) [roll3]
a hidden organization (DC 20) [roll4]

some results, for knowledge local checks for Brindol

A Strange Law: Gambling is strictly regulated. Games of chance are only allowed within certain gambling halls and certain games are labeled as "Addictive" as such there is a law requiring gambling parlors to only contain certain numbers of sets of dice, and those dice must be kept in a locked container when not in use.

A Ruler: Regalos Helmsdaf is the Emperor of the Hobgoblin Empire. He took over as Ruler when his father, Regis Helmsdaf went ill some seven years ago. He is a strong person, and was formerly a member of the Hobgoblin Military.

A Popular Location: Oglethorpe Theater is a fairly popular spot in Brindol. It is said that the Gnomish proprietor, Oglethorpe Ornsby, is a great friend to Emperor Regalos, and put up the funds to have Oglethorpe open the theater in the capital.

A Local Tradition: Every morning in Brindol Square on the eastern side of the city the Military Colorguard practices their marching. Often the Emperor and his advisers will take a meeting at the square, discussing military matters for the day while observing the banner men.

A Hidden Organization: The Brindol Military employs a Special Forces contingent of Hobgoblins trained in Stealth and reconnaissance. They do not officially speak of this fact, but it is known to some outsiders that they employ groups of three soldiers at a time, using small specialized teams for various covert operations.

Gorthok
2012-08-05, 06:05 PM
Khrona (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=396184)
Female LN Samsaran Oracle, Level 7, Init +1, HP 46/46, Speed 30
AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +8, Base Attack Bonus 5
Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +1 Dex)
Abilities Str 7, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 18
Condition None


Most Basic Sheet for Khrona... still need to spead my cash and write up them backstories

Cleavon
2012-08-05, 09:38 PM
Just...*AHEM* waiting for Jasper and Khrona to post..

Gamblerjoe
2012-08-06, 04:12 AM
o snap, i still havent picked my traits. ill have to start combing through them tomorrow.

Gamblerjoe
2012-08-06, 02:00 PM
I figured it would give a good overview of who is good at what, and whether there are any notable gaps. The first thing that strikes me (after noting all of Jasper's knowledge skills) is that none of us are diplomatic ... not in the slightest(Khrona actually has some diplomacy skills, but just not enough to get onto the table) - which should make things interesting :smallwink:
My diplomacy, disguise, bluff, and sense motive are all equal to their associated perform checks. At level 10 ill be able to add intimidate and handle animal to that list.

Cleavon
2012-08-06, 03:04 PM
Jasper

From your Knowledge Local check for the special organization, you do not know who leads their special forces. You do know a lot about the Hobgoblin Military and the overall political views of the Hobgoblins in general.

The Hobgoblins follow a strict set of laws, set forth by the Emperor and his advisers. They treat law breakers fairly, and punishments are set to the type of crime committed or law broken. They are seen as fair, and strive ultimately for peace, though they understand that the chaotic nature of many creatures makes calls to arms necessary. They value allies, but are not quick to make binding treaties with those that have not proven themselves as strong and to have the same goals for orderly peace as they do.

Stormwind
2012-08-06, 03:22 PM
My diplomacy, disguise, bluff, and sense motive are all equal to their associated perform checks. At level 10 ill be able to add intimidate and handle animal to that list.Ahhh ... I'd missed that. Nice :smallbiggrin:

Gamblerjoe
2012-08-06, 04:53 PM
knowledge check
As Jasper concludes his concise dialog of the fascinating elements of Brindol city, Ilmarinen comments wryly but with a certain amount of honest sincerity "You're a bubbling upspring of knowledge, and I must admit to my own ignorance of the most of what you just spouted off there ...", he pauses momentarily and then asks, "... but there is one point in particular that aroused my interest - You mentioned their secret special forces - Is there anything more that you might know about them? Most importantly who is in charge of their secret forces and what - if anything - is known of their political views and involvement?"

knowledge local: [roll0]

heres the link to the knowledge page so you can see the guidelines. i didnt beat the base dc by 5 so i probably didnt get any additional information.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/knowledge

Cleavon
2012-08-06, 05:00 PM
knowledge check

knowledge local: [roll0]

Knowledge

I figure this is more for the political views part, I'll elaborate a bit. Some of the info is in my last spoiler on the previous page.

The Hobgoblins are lawful. In their Empire they have a strict set of Laws governing business, the flow of trade, and governing proper behavior inside their Empire. They use a voting system to elect representatives to a council, much like the Conclave.

The major difference is that these are merely Advisers to the Emperor. The Emperor gives his nod of approval to various leading figures who wish to run, and the Hobgoblin people vote to determine who gets one of the council seats.

The Hobgoblins have a justice system involving courts of law as well. Law breakers are brought to trial, and Justices hear their case. In this sense the Hobgoblins are considered a bit more civilized than most.

Stormwind
2012-08-07, 04:22 AM
Will wait for others to post/respond before I continue :smalltongue:

Cleavon
2012-08-07, 01:46 PM
Will wait for others to post/respond before I continue :smalltongue:

That's fine. Gorthok just got a new job(And is lazy) and Gamblerjoe works a fair amount too, I'm sure they'll post soon.

We should get Heather back sometime soon here too.

Stormwind
2012-08-07, 02:46 PM
That's fine. Gorthok just got a new job(And is lazy) and Gamblerjoe works a fair amount too, I'm sure they'll post soon.

We should get Heather back sometime soon here too.Yeah, no worries on that part - I just figured it's more polite to let people know why I wasn't continuing to post :smallsmile:

Angstrom
2012-08-07, 11:33 PM
Back from camping. Sorry if I slowed down the group.

Cleavon
2012-08-08, 03:27 AM
Back from camping. Sorry if I slowed down the group.

nah. Glad to have you back.

Gamblerjoe
2012-08-08, 09:08 PM
nice, glad to have everyone back. ill post now that im home from work.

knowledgeknowledge local [roll0]
who might be known to use Poisonous Toad Venom?

Cleavon
2012-08-08, 09:55 PM
nice, glad to have everyone back. ill post now that im home from work.

knowledgeknowledge local [roll0]
who might be known to use Poisonous Toad Venom?

Knowledge Result
Poisonous Toad Venom was commonly used by the Lizardfolk during the war. You figure that Tella discounted the Lizardfolk, since they have been practically extinct for years and they are thought to only dwell in the deep swamp now.

Stormwind
2012-08-09, 12:43 AM
Changed speech color from Cyan to Teal, as I understand some people have had difficulty reading Cyan.

Cleavon
2012-08-10, 04:44 PM
Once everyone has taken care of whatever they want to get squared away at the sight of Davros' Death, I'll advance us along to arriving at Brindol.

Gorthok
2012-08-11, 01:29 AM
I'm all set to continue on our merry/somber way

Psilulz
2012-08-11, 02:03 AM
I'm ready as well :smallsmile:

Angstrom
2012-08-11, 02:53 AM
Good to go

Cleavon
2012-08-11, 03:45 AM
There you go. Wilt and Tella will most assuredly be safe with the Guards in the Grand Hall while they meet with the Emperor and such.

Stormwind
2012-08-11, 04:59 AM
Just to clarify, I'm guessing that we came in through the south gate (on the left side of the map), and turned right at the third intersection passing the park #16 and then pulling up in front of the Great Hall #17, correct?

Cleavon
2012-08-11, 02:04 PM
Just to clarify, I'm guessing that we came in through the south gate (on the left side of the map), and turned right at the third intersection passing the park #16 and then pulling up in front of the Great Hall #17, correct?

Oh right. Yeah that Compass on the map screws up the way I wrote it. So yes. South. The river runs along the North of Brindol and such. I always forget that map has orientation right on it. Thanks!

Cleavon
2012-08-12, 03:50 PM
There we go. Scene is advanced...and once you get your talk with Davros done you're pretty free to do as you please.

Angstrom
2012-08-12, 07:28 PM
Heather is in no rush to be the one to tell Davros about his son's death.

I'll wait for someone else to initiate the meeting before proceeding.

Stormwind
2012-08-13, 05:48 AM
Ilmarinen is probably not the best choice to handle any "face" stuff, however, he is blunt (and fairly tactless) and this is in keeping with his character.

If someone else (Jasper?) would like to take over the conversation, now or later, please feel free - this isn't Ilmarinen's strong side and he knows it - he just doesn't let it stop him :smallbiggrin:

Cleavon
2012-08-13, 02:27 PM
Well, I think you'd find this guy forgiving. Anyway, Jasper will post pretty soon I think. Khrona too. I'll slap him around and get him to come post.

Gorthok
2012-08-14, 04:44 AM
Slapped around post is posted sir! Returning to lounging duties! o7

Cleavon
2012-08-14, 04:06 PM
Psilulz? Angstrom? You two still about?

Psilulz
2012-08-14, 07:34 PM
Yes, I'm still about... in the shadows... watching... waiting... MUAHAHAHA!!

Cleavon
2012-08-15, 02:16 AM
Didn't you hear? A Hobgoblin always pays his debts.

I'm such a dork.

Psilulz
2012-08-15, 05:05 AM
They wouldn't happen to belong to a house that starts with an 'L' and ends in 'annister', would they? :smallwink:

Angstrom
2012-08-15, 11:39 AM
I can only imagine the size of a Lannister reward.

Heather is attempting to posture for the hobgoblin's sake. Since she wants to go on this adventure, she hopes acting like its a predetermined fact, not at all on a meta level, will make the others agree to it.

Stormwind
2012-08-15, 02:24 PM
Quick question - how long a trip was it between where we found Davros's son, and Brindol? Hours? Shorter/longer?

Cleavon
2012-08-15, 02:33 PM
Quick question - how long a trip was it between where we found Davros's son, and Brindol? Hours? Shorter/longer?

Roughly Six hours.

Psilulz
2012-08-17, 11:54 PM
We are waiting for Wilt and Tella now, yes? Or are we free to go about whatever now?

Cleavon
2012-08-18, 02:58 AM
We are waiting for Wilt and Tella now, yes? Or are we free to go about whatever now?

You have to choose an Inn to stay at, and secure the wagon there. Once that is done you can send a messenger to tell Wilt and Tella where they are staying.

Then you'll find out that they are going to be super busy for the next several days at least, and you will be free to do whatever you want.

Stormwind
2012-08-18, 10:08 AM
Choosing of an inn underway ... always the easiest option - ask the locals. :smallbiggrin:

Cleavon
2012-08-21, 05:08 PM
Once you turkeys make a decision, we can get things rolling and get you out into the swamp!

Cleavon
2012-08-22, 11:18 PM
Ok, so I am going to make some command decisions, get this rolling..I'll be putting up a longer post soon, where you send the peon to the Slumbering Giant Inn to set up your rooms. Then we can move on to Wilt and Tella letting you know they are fine, busy, and protected by the Hobgoblin city Guard. And we'll get you on the road to the swamps.

Sorry its lagging so much, I wanted to set the scene well enough, and give you some time in the city...but that seems to just be dragging things so we'll get onto a battle map soon enough!

Psilulz
2012-08-23, 01:06 AM
Sounds good :B

Cleavon
2012-08-24, 05:53 PM
I'm going to get Khrona to post, and then I'll update us and move along to the morning.

Stormwind
2012-08-25, 02:33 AM
I will be traveling for the next 6 days and will be without internet. Please NPC me as and if necessary.

Cleavon
2012-08-25, 02:34 AM
I will be traveling for the next 6 days and will be without internet. Please NPC me as and if necessary.

Sure no problem

Cleavon
2012-08-26, 04:02 AM
So, just a heads up. Combat starts very very soon. I'll be NPCing Ilmarinen as needed for this fight. I'll be doing gorms actions as per usual as well.

I know Khrona and Jasper are pretty much ready whenever I need them to be, so just give me a heads up heather and Amalody and we can get this moved to the site of your first battle.

Psilulz
2012-08-26, 04:51 PM
I'm ready whenever you are :smallwink:

Angstrom
2012-08-26, 06:07 PM
Ready to go.

Psilulz
2012-08-27, 08:21 PM
I'm guessing you want initiative at this point, yes? Is that in the IC or here?

Angstrom
2012-08-27, 08:41 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Knowledge Nature: [roll1]

Cleavon
2012-08-27, 08:57 PM
Initiative will go here. I'll be rolling for Monsters, Ilmarinen, and Gorm.

Ilmarinen:[roll0]

Gorm:[roll1]

Monsters:
[roll2]

Gamblerjoe
2012-08-27, 09:03 PM
initiative [roll0]

go ahead and roll whatever knowledge check i will need. i assume its nature but who knows.

Psilulz
2012-08-28, 12:08 AM
[roll0] Initiative

Gorthok
2012-08-28, 08:16 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

Cleavon
2012-08-28, 04:01 PM
Initiative:

Round 0
Jasper
Ilmarinen

Round 1
Monster
Amalody
Gorthok
Gorm
Heather

So Jasper needs to make a move, I'll post Ilmarinens move in the IC thread, since stormwind is not available for a couple more days.

I hope the Initiative system is agreeable, it seems to make things easier for the group in my experience. Of course Jasper and Ilmarinen go, then the monster, then everyone can go as a group.

Angstrom
2012-08-28, 04:37 PM
Works for me.

Psilulz
2012-08-29, 12:28 AM
I know elves have a... reputation of femininity, but Ilmmarien is actually male... :smallbiggrin:

Cleavon
2012-08-30, 02:37 AM
Fixed that.

Also, the Round is updated. The party can go as it pleases, then the baddies will go again.

Stormwind
2012-08-30, 02:10 PM
And I'm back ... :smallbiggrin:

Cleavon
2012-08-31, 05:09 AM
Triple Post! Gorthok is Legendary!

Oh wait. He's just a noob. :smallbiggrin:

Stormwind
2012-08-31, 08:31 AM
Triple Post! Gorthok is Legendary!

Oh wait. He's just a noob. :smallbiggrin:hmmmm ... haste - all is forgiven :smallwink:

Gorthok
2012-08-31, 11:03 AM
Triple Post! Gorthok is Legendary!

Oh wait. He's just a noob. :smallbiggrin:

got the internet service error page twice... my bad guys! :( But remember who is blue, has two thumbs and can throw haste twice a day.... THIS PERSON!!

Angstrom
2012-08-31, 03:41 PM
It was either alchemist fire or the big beastmorph reveal. I figured this was the cooler option.

Also, I will be away from my computer over the weekend.

Cleavon
2012-09-01, 03:52 AM
I guess Jasper had a tech problem or something, he told me he posted but it didn't show up it seems. I'll talk to him sometime today.

Gamblerjoe
2012-09-02, 11:07 PM
Images: [roll0]

Stormwind
2012-09-03, 02:43 AM
Quick question for our GM ... you last map puts Ilmarinen at (L,12), whilst I had him take a 5ft step from (H,13) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13812019&postcount=69) to (G,12).

Where exactly is Ilmarinen (as it makes a rather large impact on what he does)?

Cleavon
2012-09-03, 03:46 AM
Yep. Made the mistake of using the wrong map to update from. So it didn't have your first movement on it. I was confused when you were going to make a five foot step to somewhere that was you know...like fifteen feet away. I'll update the map with your correct position.

Also, cheekily I'll have the Vine monster come from the tree on that side.

Stormwind
2012-09-03, 05:00 AM
GMJust a note, due to his ablative barrier (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/ablative-barrier) (under effects on his sheet), Ilmarinen takes the first 5 points of each lethal attack as non-lethal damage.

Hence instead of taking 11 points of damage, he takes 6 points of damage and 5 points of non-lethal damage. I've marked it as such on his sheet, but I mention it so that it is clear as to what I've done :smallsmile:

Gamblerjoe
2012-09-03, 12:18 PM
whoops! i forgot to put it in my post, but i 5 foot step to n-14

Cleavon
2012-09-03, 04:22 PM
GMJust a note, due to his ablative barrier (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/ablative-barrier) (under effects on his sheet), Ilmarinen takes the first 5 points of each lethal attack as non-lethal damage.

Hence instead of taking 11 points of damage, he takes 6 points of damage and 5 points of non-lethal damage. I've marked it as such on his sheet, but I mention it so that it is clear as to what I've done :smallsmile:

Yep. I am aware of that :D

Angstrom
2012-09-04, 10:13 PM
Confirmation: [roll0], [roll1].

53 is a rather satisfying amount of damage.

Cleavon
2012-09-04, 10:32 PM
Confirmation: [roll0], [roll1].

53 is a rather satisfying amount of damage.

Indeed. I had to adjust the creatures HP, I had forgotten that in Pathfinder Plants are subject to critical hits.

Cleavon
2012-09-05, 05:01 AM
Ok looks like Amalody and Khrona are left to go.

Oh and after this combat you guys can post up whatever you want for your tokens, I'll use them for all other fights. I forgot to ask before this one started!

Psilulz
2012-09-05, 03:45 PM
Will post my turn after I get out of work tonight :smallsmile:

Cleavon
2012-09-05, 04:21 PM
Will post my turn after I get out of work tonight :smallsmile:

Sounds good.

Cleavon
2012-09-06, 02:58 AM
Confirmation roll on the Critical Hit on Heather:
[roll0]

Extra Damage
[roll1]

22 Confirms in your Beastform, right?

Cleavon
2012-09-06, 04:26 AM
Rerolling Botched roll:

Attack on Ilmarinen:
[roll0]

Angstrom
2012-09-06, 12:41 PM
That confirms.

Cleavon
2012-09-06, 04:34 PM
That confirms.

Yay, the big plant monster got to do some damage! You guys wrecked him before he could swallow anyone though :smallfrown:

His to hit was pretty low.

Stormwind
2012-09-07, 01:56 AM
Confirm vs Vine creature: [roll0] (crit range 15-20); damage [roll1]

Cleavon
2012-09-07, 02:02 AM
The encounter is over, huzzah! Good work, those monsters didn't stand a chance.

Things should get tougher the further along we go.

1500 XP each for those critters, and they sadly had no treasure.

Angstrom
2012-09-07, 11:17 AM
Good first encounter for showcasing the various strengths of the party. Specifically its good to know that we'll have frequent Hastes coming our way.

Cleavon
2012-09-07, 04:06 PM
A couple of things:

Hunting trips offered by the Hunters Guild are either two or three day excursions. Gorm checked you out this time for a Two day trip into the swamp.

You've spent half a day finding the Vegepygmies and getting to it's colony.

Gorm has received information on a new area to trek to. It will take a fair amount of the rest of the day, as well as doing the actual hunting(It would be strange for you to not come back with any swampland game).

Hunting: I'm going to assume everyone is involved in the hunting, since that would make it go faster. The way it will work is Gorm will make a survival check, with a bonus equal to half of each characters wisdom bonus. The higher the result on the Hunting check the better you've done. When you return to the city, you can sell the various useful parts of the animals you've killed. I'll figure out how much what you got is worth and such.

I figured that would work fairly well.

Gorthok
2012-09-08, 07:16 AM
Good first encounter for showcasing the various strengths of the party. Specifically its good to know that we'll have frequent Hastes coming our way.

I don't know if "Frequent" is the key term... I have 2 a day, so we need to use them wisely

Cleavon
2012-09-08, 04:47 PM
I'll get Jasper to relay the information once he gets home from work tonight, then I'll move the action along.

Cleavon
2012-09-09, 10:08 PM
A die roll or two:


[roll0]



[roll]1d20+14



[roll1]



[roll2]



[roll3]

Cleavon
2012-09-09, 10:10 PM
The one is screwed up:


[roll0]

Stormwind
2012-09-10, 01:50 AM
I don't know if "Frequent" is the key term... I have 2 a day, so we need to use them wisely
Ilmarinen has at least 1 haste per day also.

Angstrom
2012-09-10, 11:55 AM
Ilmarinen has at least 1 haste per day also.

Haste is on the Bard and Alchemist lists too, though for Alchemists it only affects the drinker.

Cleavon
2012-09-12, 06:52 PM
Initiative rolls please!

Angstrom
2012-09-12, 07:56 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Angstrom
2012-09-12, 08:53 PM
Sorry for the double

Not sure which knowledge to roll
If Arcana or Nature [roll0]
[edit] Forgot about you couldn't roll knowledge untrained

Psilulz
2012-09-12, 11:41 PM
[roll0] Initiative
May I retroactively drink them potions? :smallbiggrin:

Cleavon
2012-09-13, 12:55 AM
[roll0] Initiative
May I retroactively drink them potions? :smallbiggrin:

If you want to, go right ahead

Gorthok
2012-09-13, 06:33 AM
Initative: [roll0]

Stormwind
2012-09-13, 02:32 PM
Since Ilmarinen has no idea what the vials contain, he'll happily accept them, but won't drink them at this stage.

Initiative: [roll0]


Edit: Do we have a chance to act/react to the mud monsters or are we going straight to initiative?

Cleavon
2012-09-13, 02:39 PM
Since Ilmarinen has no idea what the vials contain, he'll happily accept them, but won't drink them at this stage.

Initiative: [roll0]


Edit: Do we have a chance to act/react to the mud monsters or are we going straight to initiative?

You can take two rounds worth of actions prior to initiative.

That goes for everyone

Cleavon
2012-09-13, 05:05 PM
Oh yeah also, more initiative:

Gorm
[roll0]

Monsters
[roll1]

Angstrom
2012-09-13, 05:21 PM
I expect it took far more than two rounds for Heather to do everything. How far did I get? In two turns I'd be able to draw four extracts from my bag and I was aiming for nine so...

Cleavon
2012-09-13, 06:24 PM
I expect it took far more than two rounds for Heather to do everything. How far did I get? In two turns I'd be able to draw four extracts from my bag and I was aiming for nine so...

Oh well as far as that goes, you've had plenty of time here. I just figured that forcing people into combat would be a little much. So I gave 2 rounds for any last minute preparations for checking out the building.

In essence, you did your things, and got ready to really check the place out. When the group moved at all towards the place the enemies appeared.

Angstrom
2012-09-13, 07:19 PM
Oh well as far as that goes, you've had plenty of time here. I just figured that forcing people into combat would be a little much. So I gave 2 rounds for any last minute preparations for checking out the building.

In essence, you did your things, and got ready to really check the place out. When the group moved at all towards the place the enemies appeared.

Awesome. Not caught nearly as off-guard as it seemed.

Since we all beat the monsters' initiative shall we start with the actions?

Cleavon
2012-09-13, 10:20 PM
Awesome. Not caught nearly as off-guard as it seemed.

Since we all beat the monsters' initiative shall we start with the actions?

Jasper will most likely defeat the monsters roll, so yes. Everyone may go ahead with their actions.

Gamblerjoe
2012-09-14, 09:11 PM
all up init: [roll0]

Cleavon
2012-09-18, 12:43 AM
Ilmarinen and Amalody are all we have left to go before we advance this combat.

So when that happens, we'll get this thing back moving!

Angstrom
2012-09-18, 12:17 PM
So it is a combat. Wasn't sure.

Cleavon
2012-09-18, 04:02 PM
So it is a combat. Wasn't sure.

Yeah, I don't really think it is that important to hide the nature of these things...but they are basically a very old left over security system that has been messed up by the ravages of time.

Angstrom
2012-09-18, 07:02 PM
Yeah, I don't really think it is that important to hide the nature of these things...but they are basically a very old left over security system that has been messed up by the ravages of time.

Earth elementals in a swamp becoming mud elementals over time. I like it.

Psilulz
2012-09-19, 04:59 AM
Sorry for the delay :smallredface:

Also, I also approve of the earth elementals turned mud.

Stormwind
2012-09-19, 06:18 AM
Apologies for the delay. Thought that I had already posted, .. but apparently not. Fixed now :smallredface:

Gamblerjoe
2012-09-19, 03:49 PM
Jasper (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=427776)

ill make a knowledge check to glean whatever information i can about these things. whatever knowledge it is u can just make the roll for me.

Cleavon
2012-09-19, 06:46 PM
Knowledge for Jasper
Arcana:
[roll0]

Stormwind
2012-09-20, 06:36 AM
A quick question for our GM ... was Ilmarinen's knowledge(planes) check for outsiders(elementals) here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13921462&postcount=106)(21) insufficient to determine anything about these elementals? Or are you requiring a different knowledge? Just want to make sure that it wasn't overlooked ;)

Stormwind
2012-09-20, 10:50 AM
< snip >

Ilmarinens preparedness allows her to easily dodge the ponderous blow of the elemental.

< snip >Minor correction ... Ilmarinen is actually a male.

Stormwind
2012-09-20, 12:05 PM
(Spellstrike crit confirmation) Black blade [roll0] melee [roll1] + [roll2] electric

Edit: I really like spellstrike crits ... 93 damage from 1 round ... hopefully that's enough to drop one of the elementals

Cleavon
2012-09-20, 02:48 PM
Minor correction ... Ilmarinen is actually a male.

Why do I keep doing that?

Gorthok
2012-09-21, 02:02 PM
(Spellstrike crit confirmation) Black blade [roll0] melee [roll1] + [roll2] electric

Edit: I really like spellstrike crits ... 93 damage from 1 round ... hopefully that's enough to drop one of the elementals

Too bad Elementals can't be crit, eh?

Cleavon
2012-09-21, 04:27 PM
Too bad Elementals can't be crit, eh?

Indeed. I was surprised to see what you COULD crit in Pathfinder, but Elementals are still immune.

Would have killed him if he could be crit.

Stormwind
2012-09-22, 05:20 AM
Indeed. I was surprised to see what you COULD crit in Pathfinder, but Elementals are still immune.

Would have killed him if he could be crit.I'm just happy with the fact that Ilmarinen crit - the fact that the enemy is not affected by it isn't really relevant :smallamused: ... to be honest I'd actually forgotten what can and can't be crit in pathfinder ...:smallbiggrin:

Cleavon
2012-09-22, 05:55 PM
I'm just happy with the fact that Ilmarinen crit - the fact that the enemy is not affected by it isn't really relevant :smallamused: ... to be honest I'd actually forgotten what can and can't be crit in pathfinder ...:smallbiggrin:


Well with a Keen scimitar, it's bound to happen.

Stormwind
2012-09-23, 01:26 AM
Well with a Keen scimitar, it's bound to happen.Very true ... but it doesn't lessen the pleasure nonetheless.:smallbiggrin:

Angstrom
2012-09-24, 07:17 PM
... to be honest I'd actually forgotten what can and can't be crit in pathfinder

I was quite pleased when I learned how many things were now open to sneak attack in Pathfinder.

In a party with two sneak attacking characters and two critting characters we might be in some trouble against monsters with immunity. Amalody and Ilmarinen will really suffer if they get entangled by the entrap ability since they're so dex-dependent.

Psilulz
2012-09-24, 11:44 PM
Not sure where my IC post went... I just charged the guy and did a feint/ vital strike... and I posted it... but it's not there T___T
Will repost it soon I guess, just a little busy right now with school. Probably like late tonight or maybe tomorrow.

Cleavon
2012-09-28, 05:42 PM
Working on getting this combat moving along. I know Psi has school so we'll be working around that for the time being. I'm sure things will get moving soon.

Cleavon
2012-10-01, 03:54 PM
Well, Psilulz hasn't had any forum activity for a few days here...so I'm going to be posting Amalodys actions and then advancing the round.

Cleavon
2012-10-01, 04:18 PM
A couple rolls

Amalody Reflex
[roll0]

Confirm on Ilmarinen
[roll1]

[roll2]

Cleavon
2012-10-02, 06:08 PM
Ouch. The penalties made you miss your best attack that round. Oh and you are splattered with quickly hardening mud, which is the source of your entanglement. It can be removed by destroying the largest chunks that are sticking to you.

The mud has a hardness of 5 and 10 HP.

Stormwind
2012-10-03, 01:15 AM
Ouch indeed. Now if only Jasper's bardic music would apply and be enough to actually make a difference :smallcool:

Regarding the hardening mud ... I guess Ilmarinen will spend part of next round removing it then - one hit ought to be enough (1d6+13 damage) - fingers crossed :smallbiggrin:

Cleavon
2012-10-06, 03:01 PM
Ouch indeed. Now if only Jasper's bardic music would apply and be enough to actually make a difference :smallcool:

Regarding the hardening mud ... I guess Ilmarinen will spend part of next round removing it then - one hit ought to be enough (1d6+13 damage) - fingers crossed :smallbiggrin:

Well, next round it will help.

Cleavon
2012-10-06, 03:09 PM
Also, I haven't heard anything from Amalody...was hoping that we could get Psilulz back in game by now. I guess I'll DMPC the character for a while, and then we'll see what we have to do if Psilulz doesn't come back.

Cleavon
2012-10-08, 05:05 PM
Fear not, I am currently wielding a piece of rubber hose and am going to beat Gorthok until he posts in my thread. Then we can continue along with the combat.

Psilulz hasn't been onto the forums since the last post in the OOC thread either...so we'll have to figure out what we want to do about that.

Angstrom
2012-10-10, 10:00 PM
All of those attack rolls should have a +17 on them.

Critical Confirmation: [roll0], [roll1]

Cleavon
2012-10-17, 05:36 PM
Gorthok tells me he will post when he gets out of work. I'll update after.

Cleavon
2012-10-19, 03:14 AM
Gorthok tells me he will post when he gets out of work. I'll update after.

Gorthok finally got around to posting. He apparently has a super weird Work/Sleep schedule.

I'm still not sure what to do about Amalody. I may just make Gorm into a Trapper Ranger so he can handle any traps you may come across.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Stormwind
2012-10-20, 12:03 PM
Gorthok finally got around to posting. He apparently has a super weird Work/Sleep schedule.

I'm still not sure what to do about Amalody. I may just make Gorm into a Trapper Ranger so he can handle any traps you may come across.

Thoughts? Suggestions?I'm of two minds about Amalody, on one side, Amalody does have IC links to Ilmarinen so it would be a pity to lose that, and on the other side, there is no point to having a PC along without the player.
Perhaps Amalody could remain in town as the ambassadors contact person should they need anything ... or as representative security whilst the ambassadors are at the inn, or some such? Just a thought.

Regarding Gorm, if traps are going to be a rare occurrence, then no worries - having Gorm able to showcase such skills one or two times is fine.
If however traps are going to be somewhat frequent, then it would be better to have one of the PC's pick up the appropriate skills as we go on.

Just my 2c worth :smallwink:

Angstrom
2012-10-20, 12:10 PM
Perhaps Amalody could remain in town as the ambassadors contact person should they need anything ... or as representative security whilst the ambassadors are at the inn, or some such? Just a thought.

If however traps are going to be somewhat frequent, then it would be better to have one of the PC's pick up the appropriate skills as we go on.

I like Storm's idea. If Psi manages to find time we can easily get the character back.

Heather happens to have +12 disable device. No trapfinding ability though.

Cleavon
2012-10-20, 04:23 PM
I like Storm's idea. If Psi manages to find time we can easily get the character back.

Heather happens to have +12 disable device. No trapfinding ability though.

Well, you can always find the traps the old fashioned way.

"Hey, is that a dart in your neck?"


Also, yeah the trap part is a ways off and only not that big of a deal comparatively to the rest of the adventure. So I think we'll simply end up having Amalody hang out in the city and see if we can get Psi back at some point.

Stormwind
2012-10-21, 08:40 AM
Ilmarinen is leaving the talking to those more competent in diplomacy than himself :smallbiggrin:
He's content to keep watch and 'guard' whilst others chat :smallwink:

Cleavon
2012-10-24, 02:18 AM
Ok. So I got a PM from Psilulz saying there was some computer trouble, and that we should have Amalody back soon.

As for the game, The Mongrelmen are happy to feed you dinner and give you a sheltered place to sleep, if you can stomach how weird looking they are. They don't know much about the slavers, except that they come at random and always have larger creatures with them to do the heavy lifting.

Gorm is going to see if he can track them at all. So while he does that the party is free to decide it's course of action.

You need to head back to town by mid day the next day in order to arrive back just before sundown at the city.

Cleavon
2012-10-29, 03:14 PM
Once everyone is ready, which I fell is probably quick approaching if not already time, I will advance to your leaving the next day. The night is peaceful, if noisy from swamp insects and such.

Angstrom
2012-10-29, 06:42 PM
Sounds good

Cleavon
2012-11-01, 05:22 AM
Some of dem rolls:


[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]


[roll6]

Stormwind
2012-11-01, 05:26 AM
Just to double check, when you mention the man: "... side of the road. A man is there with a broken wheel laying behind the wagon, ..."
Are we safe in assuming that the man in question is a human? (or is he something else - elf/hobgoblin/dwarf/etc?)

Cleavon
2012-11-01, 05:28 AM
Just to double check, when you mention the man: "... side of the road. A man is there with a broken wheel laying behind the wagon, ..."
Are we safe in assuming that the man in question is a human? (or is he something else - elf/hobgoblin/dwarf/etc?)

Oh right. Also I just amended that to be two individuals.

One is Human, the one working on the wagon. The other is Hobgoblin.

Cleavon
2012-11-01, 09:29 AM
I'll give everyone a moment to say whatever it is they want to say, then I'll be posting up a battlemap. As it turns out people on the bushes denote...less than savory intentions.

Oh and Ilmarinen certainly feels the two people working on the wagon was both fidgety and nervous. A pair of certainly unsavory characters.

*EDIT*

Mmm...Savory.

Stormwind
2012-11-01, 10:41 AM
< snip >

Mmm...Savory.
hmmmm ... if they really are "savory", then Ilmarinen will provide the seasoning :smallwink:

Cleavon
2012-11-01, 04:32 PM
Saving throws for the two guys at the wagon

[roll0]

[roll1]

Stormwind
2012-11-04, 05:35 AM
Ilmarinen won't attack unprovoked, so he's giving them first punch as it were ;)

Cleavon
2012-11-08, 04:21 AM
Jasper and Khrona will be posting soon, and I'll advance the round once they have.

Cleavon
2012-11-09, 02:13 AM
Saving throw for the fascinated guy

[roll0]

Cleavon
2012-11-09, 06:12 AM
Couple saves for the guys getting sound bursted

[roll0]
[roll1]

Cleavon
2012-11-09, 06:14 AM
Damage as well. Forgot about that almost.

[roll0]

Stormwind
2012-11-16, 04:38 PM
Confirming both criticals:

(Confirm Attack) Black blade [roll0] melee [roll1]
(Confirm Spellstrike attack) Black blade [roll2] melee [roll3]

Cleavon
2012-11-16, 05:12 PM
The highwayman Ilmarinen attacked falls.

Stormwind
2012-11-17, 09:17 AM
The highwayman Ilmarinen attacked falls.
Yay ... that's (B,8) down.

That leaves:
Ilmarinen with two highwaymen (z,7) and (B,7)
Heather with one (s,11)
Krona and Jasper with one (x,9)
Gorm with one (x,3)
And Amalody functioning as our reserves


This is looking good - and we have lots of options - the only question is do the highwaymen have options ....?

Cleavon
2012-11-28, 07:07 PM
The highway men have fewer options than they would like, unfortunately for them.

I'll be updating later tonight once I'm all settled in.

Cleavon
2012-11-29, 03:05 AM
Amalody crit, possibly.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Stormwind
2012-12-07, 05:14 AM
Confirming crits:
Spellstrike critical threat: [roll0] melee [roll1]
Attack critical threat: [roll2] melee [roll3]

Cleavon
2012-12-07, 06:18 PM
The highwayman at b,8 falls.

Stormwind
2012-12-08, 05:03 AM
The highwayman at b,8 falls.

That just leaves the one at (z,8) ... at least they have left us a wagon with which to transport their corpses back to town :smallamused:

Cleavon
2012-12-08, 02:45 PM
That just leaves the one at (z,8) ... at least they have left us a wagon with which to transport their corpses back to town :smallamused:

Well, the wagon is full as it turns out. I'm sure something will be worked out though.

Cleavon
2012-12-13, 08:13 PM
Combat is almost over, and you guys will be getting back to town then. I'll whip Gorthok and Gamblerjoe a little more. The holiday season must have people busy or something.

Stormwind
2012-12-14, 03:52 AM
Hmmmm ... maybe christmas will bring our good GM a flaming whip for all the whipping ... :smalltongue:

Cleavon
2012-12-14, 01:40 PM
And weapon proficiency with it.

Stormwind
2012-12-18, 08:04 AM
I dunno if you want some rolls for diplomacy/intimidation and sense motive here ... but feel free to make them (secretly) on my behalf :smallbiggrin:

Cleavon
2012-12-18, 02:04 PM
Diplomacy[roll0]

Cleavon
2012-12-27, 06:08 AM
Well now that the Holidays are calming down for me I'll be posting the move along back to town.

Sorry for the delay, I'll get the post up sometime today.

Hope you all had a Happy Holiday!

Cleavon
2012-12-28, 04:40 PM
Yes, the natural flow from this point will be to take some time to head to the hunters guild and speak to Davros, then get cleaned up and ready for your dinner engagement with Wilt and Ribal Tennem.

Stormwind
2012-12-31, 06:17 PM
Happy new year everyone ...

Cleavon
2012-12-31, 06:30 PM
Indeed! Happy New Year!

My new years resolution is to get this game back on track.

I'm looking at you, GamblerJoe and Gorthok.

Gamblerjoe
2013-01-04, 01:04 AM
sorry iv been inactive. i was working 6 days a week through the holidays. ill take a look at the ic thread and post now.

Cleavon
2013-01-07, 09:56 PM
For reference, you find the things you requested at Morts Magical Wares.

9 on the map.

Angstrom
2013-01-07, 10:28 PM
Great, now all she needs is sufficient funds to do so. If the store is buying she can liquidate enough of her potions to free up the gp she needs.

Cleavon
2013-01-07, 11:33 PM
Great, now all she needs is sufficient funds to do so. If the store is buying she can liquidate enough of her potions to free up the gp she needs.

Morts Magical Wares does buy potions, Mort Farran is the owner. I think the common rate is 50% of total value is what he'll pay.

Cleavon
2013-01-10, 05:41 PM
Heather

Catoblepas do indeed have a deathly stare. They are docile creatures though and you know that they are often hunted using surprise tactics so that such attacks are not as much of a problem. Their deathly stare is a defense mechanism to protect them from predators for the most part and is generally thought to be more effective against weaker willed creatures.

The deeper swamp holds larger vermin as well as Marsh giants and Ettins. There were great battles deeper into the swamp as well and tales tell that some of the souls of those defeated linger in some spots.

The Lizardmen were a barbaric race, but more organized than say goblins or bugbears. They lived throughout the swamp before the great war and are now thought to be mostly extinct. They were once lead by shaman who worshiped evil dragons before the great Draconic purge.


There's your knowledge results.


Also, yes you did make some money from the frog meat. You got 15 pounds worth for yourselves (Several pounds of which would make a decent dinner with Ribal Tennem if you like) and the rest for your consumption. They would gladly salt it into jerky if you want to use it for rations on your hunting trips.

The rest of the frog meat is sold to the hunters guild and you each receive 35 gold pieces.

If everyone has their shopping done I'll move along to the dinner and after we can get back out into the swamp.

Gorthok
2013-01-12, 06:00 AM
I'll throw my shopping up momentarily. Been super busy at work, so I apologize for not posting more.

Cleavon
2013-01-15, 07:27 PM
I'll throw my shopping up momentarily. Been super busy at work, so I apologize for not posting more.

You can post your shopping here OOC if you want, Later tonight I'll be moving the group along to the night and the talking with Ribal Tennem and Wilt.

Cleavon
2013-01-28, 07:45 AM
Ok, so if everyone is cool with Jasper taking some time to try and gather information with his covert techniques, we can handle that with some skill roles and roleplaying on our own time. It will take up some time in the city, but it shouldn't be so much time as to stop you from doing things for Davros.

We'll see how long it actually takes once I bump heads with jasper and we flesh out what he exactly wants to do, where he wants to try his luck etc.

In the mean time if no one has any other business we can wrap the dinner up.

Cleavon
2013-01-31, 03:56 AM
Seems like we're good to go then...I'll update tomorrow with a continuation/wrapping up of the dinner and figure out the info gathering with Jasper.

Cleavon
2013-01-31, 07:21 PM
If anyone has anything they need to do specifically, you can take the time to do it now.

Gorm is willing to help Heather find the best deals he can on whatever she may need. (Anyone who wants Gorms help can translate it to a 5% discount on anything they wish to buy that is less than 250 GP)

I'll be talking to GamblerJoe later tonight and getting the rolls done for his initial foray into gathering information.

For the record: Jaspers info gathering will take at most two days. On the third day Gorm will be along to "offer" you another hunting trip at Davros expense.

Gamblerjoe
2013-02-03, 02:33 AM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/disguise

theres that. im using my perform(act) for my disguise, which is a +20 to start. Im disguising myself as a different race so i get -2. im using disguise self so i get +10 for a total of +28.

EDIT
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/cultural-adaptation
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/disguise-self

Cleavon
2013-02-04, 06:44 AM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/disguise

theres that. im using my perform(act) for my disguise, which is a +20 to start. Im disguising myself as a different race so i get -2. im using disguise self so i get +10 for a total of +28.

EDIT
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/cultural-adaptation
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/disguise-self

All righty. Now that Super Bowl weekend is over I'll get things moving as far as Jaspers information gathering and then update again. So everyone should be looking for an Update sometime tomorrow in the evening.

Cleavon
2013-02-05, 07:18 AM
Sorry about the delay but I haven't gotten a chance to sit down with Jasper and work things out quite yet. We're planning on getting it done today though, so I'll update as soon as we get things squared away.

Gamblerjoe
2013-02-05, 04:30 PM
sorry about the delay. we've been putting this off for a couple of days due to work, LOL, and the superbowl. our plan is to get the game back on track this evening.

Gamblerjoe
2013-02-06, 04:51 AM
knowledge(local) [roll0]

Gamblerjoe
2013-02-06, 05:01 AM
senes motive [roll0]

diplomacy [roll1]

Gorthok
2013-02-06, 05:35 AM
UMD roll for Wand usage: [roll0]

Cleavon
2013-02-06, 06:35 AM
So it would appear Jasper found a lead and Khrona helped him track down a person important to that lead.

Feel free to brainstorm suggestions for getting the offending goblin out of the way so thta Jasper can continue his search for information.

Stormwind
2013-02-08, 06:08 AM
A question about spoils from the bandits:
There was the wagon, and then the loot we took from the corpses
2 Masterwork Daggers
1 Battleaxe
17 Gold
1 Platinum ring with a Skull design

At the city gates (following Gorms advice) we would have turned over the lot (wagon + loot) and I presume we are still awaiting that the guard return the non-stolen items to us?

---

The Frog meat gave us 35gp each, and the possibility of a certain amount of salted frog jerky ... how much would be reasonable to write up? 5lbs (each)?

Cleavon
2013-02-08, 04:15 PM
5lbs each sounds fair for the jerky, and the list of loot is returned to you including the coins and ring.

The wagon you can claim as well if you want, it's just a mundane wagon with two ponies to pull it.

Stormwind
2013-02-11, 01:13 PM
Stuff to sell:

2 Masterwork Daggers (value 604gp)
1 Battleaxe (value 10gp)
Medium wagon (value 75gp)
2x Pony (value 60gp)


Assuming normal prices apply here that should net us 50% of actual value, or about 374 gold and 5 silver
Add the 17 gold from the list of loot the guards return to us and that brings the total to 391gp 5sp.
Assuming a 4-way split would give us 97gp each (leaving 3gp 5sp left over).
@All: Of course if someone wants to try and get us some better prices, feel free :smallbiggrin: ... otherwise I figure that Ilmarinen will speak to Gorm about where he could sell the stuff (Hunter's guild?) so as to get decent prices for it. (@Cleavon: Does this sound reasonable?)

I also suggest we hang on to the ring for now ... just a feeling I have:

1 Platinum ring with a Skull design

Cleavon
2013-02-11, 02:35 PM
That all sounds entirely reasonable. If you employ Gorm to sell the stuff then the Hunters Guild will purchase any of it you want to sell, and you'll get 55% of its base value rounded to the nearest silver.

If anyone wants to appraise the ring or have it appraised let me know.

Stormwind
2013-02-11, 02:51 PM
That all sounds entirely reasonable. If you employ Gorm to sell the stuff then the Hunters Guild will purchase any of it you want to sell, and you'll get 55% of its base value rounded to the nearest silver.

If anyone wants to appraise the ring or have it appraised let me know.
That sounds superb and puts us at 428gp and 9sp, which comes to 107gp each and 9sp left over in the group treasury.

----

Ilmarinen can take a look at the ring (but please ignore the roll if the ring is not Elven or Dwarven make - he wouldn't go out of his way to get it identified either):

Appraise: [roll0]

Gorthok
2013-02-12, 01:41 AM
Khrona also is a skilled appraiser, if you wish for her to do so. I can throw the roll up here if you like.

Appraise: [roll0]

Gamblerjoe
2013-02-12, 08:51 PM
I made an ability score calculator using HTML. I was motivated to do so when the one on the PF srd didnt work right.

To make it work copy and paste the following text into a notebad doc. "save as" calculator.html or whatevername.html. once its saved the icon will change from the notebad icon to whatever your default internet browser is. it will run using your browser but wont actually go online. i set it up so it doesnt require any images, style sheets, links, etc.

<html><head>


<style type="text/css">
body {background-color:gray;}
p1 {font-size:32;font-family:comic sans ms;}
p2 {font-family:webdings;}
p3 {font-size:32;font-family:Impact}
p4 {font-family:QuickType II Condensed;font-size:25}
td {text-align:center}
</style>


<script type="text/javascript">


var stat=[10,10,10,10,10,10];
var statName=["str","dex","con","int","wis","cha"];
var cost=[0,0,0,0,0,0];
var costName=["strCost","dexCost","conCost","intCost","wisCost","chaCost"]
var totalCost=0;
var oldstat;
var oldcost;
var final=0;
var oldfinal;


function Up(a)
{
if (stat[a]<18)
{
oldstat=stat[a];
stat[a]=stat[a]+1;
fixStat(a);
fixCost(a);
}
}


function Down(a)
{
if (stat[a]>7)
{
oldstat=stat[a]
stat[a]=stat[a]-1;
fixStat(a);
fixCost(a);
}
}


function fixStat(a)
{
var fix=document.getElementById(statName[a]).innerHTML;
var n=fix.replace(oldstat,stat[a]);
document.getElementById(statName[a]).innerHTML=n;
}


function fixCost(a)
{
oldcost=cost[a];
switch (stat[a])
{
case 7:
cost[a]=-4;
break;
case 8:
cost[a]=-2;
break;
case 9:
cost[a]=-1;
break;
case 10:
cost[a]=0;
break;
case 11:
cost[a]=1;
break;
case 12:
cost[a]=2;
break;
case 13:
cost[a]=3;
break;
case 14:
cost[a]=5;
break;
case 15:
cost[a]=7;
break;
case 16:
cost[a]=10;
break;
case 17:
cost[a]=13;
break;
case 18:
cost[a]=17;
break;
}
var fix=document.getElementById(costName[a]).innerHTML;
var n=fix.replace(oldcost,cost[a]);
document.getElementById(costName[a]).innerHTML=n;
oldfinal=final;
final=cost[0]+cost[1]+cost[2]+cost[3]+cost[4]+cost[5];
var fix=document.getElementById("total").innerHTML;
var n=fix.replace(oldfinal,final);
document.getElementById("total").innerHTML=n;
}


</script></head><body>


<table align="center" border="1">

<tr><th colspan="4"><p4>Pathfinder Ability Score Calculator</p4></th></tr>

<tr><td width="200"><p1><b>Strength</b></p1></td>
<td width="55"><p3 id="str">10</p3></td>
<td><button onclick="Up(0)"><p2>8</p2></button><br /><button onclick="Down(0)"><p2>7</p2></button></td>
<td width="55"><p3 id="strCost">0</p3></td></tr>

<tr><td><p1><b>Dexterity</b></p1></td>
<td><p3 id="dex">10</p3></td>
<td><button onclick="Up(1)"><p2>8</p2></button><br /><button onclick="Down(1)"><p2>7</p2></button></td>
<td><p3 id="dexCost">0</p3></td></tr>

<tr><td><p1><b>Constitution</b></p1></td>
<td><p3 id="con">10</p3></td>
<td><button onclick="Up(2)"><p2>8</p2></button><br /><button onclick="Down(2)"><p2>7</p2></button></td>
<td><p3 id="conCost">0</p3></td></tr>

<tr><td><p1><b>Intelligence</b></p1></td>
<td><p3 id="int">10</p3></td>
<td><button onclick="Up(3)"><p2>8</p2></button><br /><button onclick="Down(3)"><p2>7</p2></button></td>
<td><p3 id="intCost">0</p3></td></tr>

<tr><td><p1><b>Wisdom</b></p1></td>
<td><p3 id="wis">10</p3></td>
<td><button onclick="Up(4)"><p2>8</p2></button><br /><button onclick="Down(4)"><p2>7</p2></button></td>
<td><p3 id="wisCost">0</p3></td></tr>

<tr><td><p1><b>Charisma</b></p1></td>
<td><p3 id="cha">10</p3></td>
<td><button onclick="Up(5)"><p2>8</p2></button><br /><button onclick="Down(5)"><p2>7</p2></button></td>
<td><p3 id="chaCost">0</p3></td></tr>

<tr height="60"><td colspan="3"><p1><b>TOTAL COST</b></p1></td>
<td><p3 id="total">0</p3></td></tr>

</table></body></html>

Stormwind
2013-02-15, 05:08 AM
Just a quick FYI ... I will be travelling for the next week (will be back on the 24th), and I am unlikely to have time to post during this week.

Please NPC Ilmarinen if necessary.

----


As far as the current situation goes, Ilmarinen doesn't really have much to suggest, but he'll happily help should his help be needed.

Cleavon
2013-02-15, 04:00 PM
Sounds good, thanks for letting us know. I'm sure we'll be deciding on what to do about the current situation with Jaspers goblin contacts soon.

Cleavon
2013-02-17, 04:02 PM
So, does Heather have any input on what should be done about this small goblin problem?

Angstrom
2013-02-17, 05:11 PM
Not really her area of expertise. Lots of room for things to go wrong, so she's hesitant to try something too elaborate. Whatever the others want to do is fine.

Cleavon
2013-03-03, 01:14 AM
Well, things seem to have slowed down considerably again. I'm open to the idea of you guys using your contacts to get the other goblin detained in some way.

Tomorrow I'll put up a post detailing what happens when you do such. I'll inform Khrona and Jasper that I'll be doing so as well, and we'll see if we can't continue to breathe life back into the game.

Here's hoping.

Cleavon
2013-03-03, 07:36 PM
Ok, so Ribal Tennem is working on getting the goblin removed from the street. It may take a short while to get him removed and making it look good.

Gorm is ready to take you back into the swamp, so it will be a good time to go if you want. When you return Ribal will most likely have things settled with the goblin and you can further pursue that.

Stormwind
2013-03-07, 11:53 AM
@Cleavon: Btw, any results from the questions Ilmarinen sent for the Cleric to ask of the departed? (here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14673908&postcount=229))

Cleavon
2013-03-07, 08:23 PM
@Cleavon: Btw, any results from the questions Ilmarinen sent for the Cleric to ask of the departed? (here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14673908&postcount=229))

Indeed. I'll have those posted up sometime later tonight.

Cleavon
2013-03-08, 01:03 AM
Just a roll I need: [roll0]

Cleavon
2013-03-08, 01:06 AM
More rolls I need:

[roll0]

[roll1]


[roll2]

[roll3]



[roll4]

[roll5]



[roll6]

[roll7]

Angstrom
2013-03-08, 01:35 AM
I doubt Heather is this suspicious, but I can't help but wonder if we've got some conclave folk trying to set up some crime in hobgoblin lands.

Gamblerjoe
2013-03-10, 12:52 AM
Iv been working a lot lately and moving into a new place, which has been quite a project. I should be able to post regularly now though. We can proceed on as normal and put the goblin stuff on the back burner for now.

Cleavon
2013-03-11, 11:16 AM
That sounds good to me. What is your plan for the swamp? Head straight back to the Mongrel Men? I'll put up a post today, so let me know if you have any special plans for this trip.

Gamblerjoe
2013-03-16, 05:03 AM
i think we should head toward the mongrelmen since we actually have business with them.

Cleavon
2013-03-16, 05:20 AM
i think we should head toward the mongrelmen since we actually have business with them.

I figured that was the main idea. I'll head you guys in that direction tomorrow and we'll see if we can't get everyone ready to post.

Cleavon
2013-03-17, 12:33 AM
OK. So What I should have put up is that when you choose to reveal yourself, you can get a surprise round in.

You don't have to take it, and Heather has expressed an interest in not taking the surprise round yet.

So wait for Heathers post, she's going to be doing some strategizing and handing out of alchemical stuffs.

Angstrom
2013-03-17, 01:06 AM
Knowledge Nature: [roll0]

Should be enough for her to know about Troll regeneration but did she see if the monsters and lizardman carrying weapons and wearing armour?

Also, if we have access to spells that do either fire or acid damage that I don't know about sorry for overlooking that. Now that she knows the lizardfolk have trolls working for them, Heather may start prepping elemental aura daily.

Cleavon
2013-03-17, 01:19 AM
Knowledge Nature: [roll0]

Should be enough for her to know about Troll regeneration.

You understand that trolls have regeneration and that Fire generally stops it.

17 is also enough to identify the lanky trolls as actually not being regular trolls. They are water trolls, or scrags. They only regenerate when submerged in water.

Stormwind
2013-03-19, 10:41 AM
And just in case Ilmarinen actually might know something about these opponents:

Knowledge(local): [roll0]
Knowledge(nature): [roll1]

(He does have other, much better, knowledge skills, but I figured that these are the relevant ones in this case - let me know if I should roll any others :smallbiggrin:)

Note: that Ilmarinen won't need any fire-based supplies - He'll be enhancing his blade to make it a flaming weapon, but he's waiting with that so as not to give away our position right now.

Cleavon
2013-03-19, 05:15 PM
Ilmarinen notices the difference between the Scrags(Lanky trolls) and normal trolls (their regeneration does not take effect unless they are submerged at least partially in water)

Also, if things are ready to progress you guys can make your positional changes.

Be careful, if you move too far towards the enemy before you burst in to surprise them you could trigger another perception check and potentially blow your surprise.

Angstrom
2013-03-19, 09:17 PM
I'll take it that Gorm has given permission to use violence if necessary. If violence against these monsters will harm our mission of peace and negotiation in Brindol then I will ret-con the upcoming IC accordingly.

Also Gorthok, is Khrona keeping the extract of fly or does Gorm get it? If he's on foot Heather will ask him to stay at the corner of the building by the tree, using the cover to stay safe.

Cleavon
2013-03-19, 09:33 PM
As far as monsters are concerned you are fully licensed to do whatever you have to.

As far as the Lizardmen are concerned...no one really thinks they exist anymore. So attacking them isn't that big of a dealv

Cleavon
2013-03-20, 11:58 PM
All right, so The trolls and lizardman are certainly going to attack the moment they are able. Heathers readied attack will go off upon the first to make an attack on her.

I'll update further after I talk to Gorthok tonight, so his surprise action doesn't get skipped.

If people want to roll initiative in preparation for round 1, go right ahead.

Angstrom
2013-03-21, 12:03 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

Stormwind
2013-03-21, 01:36 AM
Ilmarinen
Initiative: [roll0]

Cleavon
2013-03-21, 04:37 PM
Monsters: [roll0]

Well, given Khrona and Jaspers rolls looks like you guys might get to straight up go first as well.

Gorthok
2013-03-22, 04:47 AM
Inititive: [roll0]

That beautiful roll of ONE!

Stormwind
2013-03-22, 07:42 AM
So if I've got this right we're waiting on Jasper's surprise round action ...

... and then Round 1 in initiative order:

20 Ilmarinen
15 Heather
8 Monsters
2 Khrona

(with Jasper in there somewhere)

Since the monsters have already declared their intent, Ilmarinen at least will not be waiting for the signal ...

Cleavon
2013-03-22, 07:26 PM
So if I've got this right we're waiting on Jasper's surprise round action ...

... and then Round 1 in initiative order:

20 Ilmarinen
15 Heather
8 Monsters
2 Khrona

(with Jasper in there somewhere)

Since the monsters have already declared their intent, Ilmarinen at least will not be waiting for the signal ...

It is possible that Jasper wanted his surprise round action to be the casting of Good Hope, so that too many of the rounds had not been wasted.

I'll ask him tonight and then update the thread once I know.

Gamblerjoe
2013-03-23, 12:31 AM
init: [roll0]

Total buffs:

+4 to hit, +4 to damage, +2 to saves (no extra bonus vs fear or charm), +2 to all checks

Cleavon
2013-03-23, 12:48 AM
Gorms Initiative:
[roll0]

Stormwind
2013-03-23, 07:58 AM
Damn ... two crits - hmmm, well just in case they are necessary:

(Confirm) Black blade [roll0] melee [roll1] plus [roll2]fire
(Confirm) Black blade [roll3] melee [roll4] plus [roll5]fire

Cleavon
2013-03-23, 08:03 AM
Scrg in FG 13,14 is down.

Obviously.