PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Boss Battle in Gaming for a Comedy Campaign [PF]

Tokuhara
2012-08-03, 04:14 PM
I have been watching a Conker's Bad Fur Day let's play and from this, you can take a wild guess what I want:

I want to put the Great Mighty Poo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAxKHeMvc2E) in as a mini boss.

I've been debating just how to do it. Perhaps I could make him a Gargantuan "Ooze" with levels of bard, but I'm at a loss.

This will be a CR10 encounter for 6 PCs

Dread Angel
2012-08-04, 09:56 AM
Instead of flat-out bard levels, perhaps use the MM/Bestiary (depends on your version) to generate the monster (ooze is the right thing btw) and give him custom bard abilities tailored specifically to get the effects you want. Don't be afraid to change things around, he is a unique monster after all. Doesn't need to have the same Bardic Music stuff bards get!

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-08-04, 10:11 AM
Is it bad that when I saw the title I thought to suggest "The Great Mighty Poo" as a boss to use before even reading the OP?

Tokuhara
2012-08-06, 12:13 AM
Instead of flat-out bard levels, perhaps use the MM/Bestiary (depends on your version) to generate the monster (ooze is the right thing btw) and give him custom bard abilities tailored specifically to get the effects you want. Don't be afraid to change things around, he is a unique monster after all. Doesn't need to have the same Bardic Music stuff bards get!

I might, but I need to find a good "Base" ooze to work with.

And no Ryu. I half expected that

Doorhandle
2012-08-06, 12:49 AM
Try to incorporate a weakness to toilet paper.

Granted, it will probably be few and far between in a medieval world, but...

Malak'ai
2012-08-06, 01:06 AM
Make sure to give him the Sickening Smell ability, forcing the PC's to take a Fort Save or become nauseated... Remember, it is a big pile of crap in the open air :smallyuk:.

roguemetal
2012-08-06, 01:42 AM
Hezrou have an Ex ability called Nausea or something similar that causes nausea to all creatures near it. Apply that, and some modifiers to the Brown Pudding and I think you'll have what you're looking for. Alternatively, you could use the Fetid Spore Mound instead.

Tokuhara
2012-08-06, 01:57 AM
Hezrou have an Ex ability called Nausea or something similar that causes nausea to all creatures near it. Apply that, and some modifiers to the Brown Pudding and I think you'll have what you're looking for. Alternatively, you could use the Fetid Spore Mound instead.

Brown Pudding with Nausea, High Intelligence (remembering music), Decent Charisma (for a pile of crap, it's oddly charming), some Bardic Music abilities, and the ability to throw pieces of itself, perhaps making smaller normal Brown Puddings?