PDA

View Full Version : Athach PC need ideas

Krunk
2012-08-04, 11:44 AM
My DM is asking us to be creative, the setting starts with us being unloaded from a ship onto our new home. We are sentenced to life on an island prison. I'm not trying to completely optimize my PC but I want to make sure he's going to be able to rough up the other prisoners and not get picked on too much.

So I came across the Athach monster class(Savage species 157). Really I just want to be big. I start out at level 3 and i've convinced the DM that the BAB progression for the class is too slow and I get fast progression as if I was a fighter or barbarian. Also because the slow BAB progression was making planning for melee feats a bit of a pain.

Feats:
Starting out with multiweapon fighting, i'll want it with this build. And power attack. I plan to continue down the multiweapon fighting line, but I was looking for something to make my poison bite more useful. Any other ideas on how to pull out some more damage, or at least make me miss less. Or any fun ideas that can be utilized with large to huge size.

Multiclassing:? I want to at least get large but i'm not overly in love with being huge. Should i jump into a prestige class for more damage?

Templates: Thought about feral, it would sure make me scarier but I wasn't sure if I wanted to go natural weapons. Though the thought of 18 str+16(class progression)+4(Feral)+4(1per4lvls)= 42 str does sound amusing. Is there anything out there to give me a slight bump or maybe a bit more utility for 0 or 1 LA.

Urpriest
2012-08-04, 11:51 AM
First: Remember, Savage Species is 3.0. The first thing you need to do is make completely sure that the Athach hasn't changed in the change to 3.5. Any such change would mean you would have to change the Savage Species progression.

Second: You won't have a PrC until epic levels (or at least level 20) so I wouldn't worry about it.

Third: By full BAB, are you getting BAB on every hit die, or every level? The latter would mean you'd have BAB higher than your hit dice, which would be very bizarre.

Fourth: If any of these considerations come as a surprise to you, you really need to read my Monster Handbook, link in sig.