PDA

View Full Version : Fortune's Favor (OOC)



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Kelvin360
2012-08-04, 12:55 PM
3 Alturiak, 1337 DR: The Coin's Watch are formed

14 Uktar, 1352 DR: Fortune's Favor is established

7 Flamerule, 1357 DR: Goldenwall Keep is built

20 Hammer, 1372 DR: The hirelings of Defendor Investigation's Waterdeep chapter go missing

29 Ches, 1372 DR: Denara is murdered

4 Tarsakh, 1372 DR: Davand's education begins

10 Tarsakh, 1372 DR: The disappearance of bodies from the graveyard begins

13 Mirtul, 1372 DR: CAMPAIGN BEGINS

15 Mirtul, 1372 DR: Current date


Verona Timmes (Male Human Warrior)
A demon lord with a particular interest in corrupting the inhabitants of Fortune's Favor, although on The Messengers word his designs spread much further.

Jonwyn Honeygold (Male Halfling Druid)
An associate of Aralanth's.

Aralanth (Male Psion) [COLOR="#4B0082"
A mysterious psychic presence that acts as an informative companion for Adrexah and Orin, the only members of the group who can utilize his psicrystal.

Zhen (Male Human Warrior?) [color=mediumturquoise
A mysterious man apparently destined to join the group. He is the lone missing piece in Elias' vision.

The Chord, Kanya (Female ??)
A member of Mettik's old adventuring group who remains in contact with the Mayor. According to Aralanth, she is trustworthy.

Baron Draco von Blüdenschlack (Male Human? Aristocrat?) [color=red
Mysterious co-leader of Fortune's Favor, with a guarded mind and ulterior motives. Views Chartessa as a liability and has some sort of subterfuge planned that would end badly for him if he is caught.

Baroness Mirian von Blüdenschlack (Female Human Divine Mind) [color=#c2770c
The ex-leader of the Coin's Watch and current leader of Fortune's Favor. According to the Mayor, closest to Chartessa in the old days.

The Wilder, Boudicca (Female Maenad Wilder) [color=lime
A friend of Aralanth and cooperative force to the Grove, Boudicca 'owns' a section of forest adjacent to the southern trade road, and is currently at war with the Blighter and her minions.

Archdruid Kormoros Carston (Male Human Druid) [COLOR="#006633"
The leader of the grove and a generally undisturbed man. He has no lack of wisdom or experience, but he trades in arrogance instead of caution.

The Blighter
The source of the grove's recent troubles, they are driven and count all other notable factions are either enemies or beneath notice.

The Witch
A subservient of the Blighter who has an affinity for animals.

The Illusionist
A servant of the Witch who has been using some method to mask her movements.


Denara Kessen Murals (NG Female Half-Elf Aristocrat, Untrained) [color=purple]
A vengeance spirit risen from the grave after being brutally murdered before her time. She has an affinity for the social and a keen grasp of her ghostly abilities.

Bria Kane (NG Female Human Cleric) [color=darkorange]
A visiting priestess of Lathander with an interest in the grave-robbings and, now, the party. She's not particularly experienced, but she possesses rather plentiful working knowledge of various churches, creatures, and organizations.

Davand Williamson (TN Male Human Dread Necromancer) [COLOR="mediumturquoise"]
A liferent with little in the way of magical education. Davand is a positive energy black hole, absorbing and twisting what energy he finds, releasing it with his magic or in times of great stress. Among other abilities, he naturally excels with necromancy, and is healed to a more significant degree by holy magic. Because he is a sorcerer, his condition has a natural balancing point, but if he uses his powers too much, he might lose control.

Thorard (TN Male Dog) [color=sandybrown]
A magical hound of indeterminate species with abilities including producing force shields, forming balls of flame, draining the life from creatures, and telekinesis.

Samnang Varran (LG Male Human Paladin) [COLOR="Gray"]
A representative both from the far East and the Order of the Shattered Rune under Mystra, Samnang is a stable squire whose interest in the events surrounding Fortune's Favor extends further than the basic goals of his superiors.


Location Overview

Fortune's Favor (Medium Settlement, 20 years old)
Population: Currently 300 (town) and 2,000 (city); maximum capacity of 1,200 (town) and 4,500 (city)
Outlying structures: Goldenwall Keep (2 miles SW, abandoned), Silver Mines (6 miles N)
Military Level: Moderate
Wealth: Formerly rich; predominantly receives income from incoming and outgoing trade and the silver mines
Leadership: Overruling dual-power Barony, lesser Mayoral powers (town-specific)
Dominant Religions: Tymora, Mystra, Waukeen
Features (Town): Smithy, Inn, Magic Shop, Adventuring Center, Mayoral Office, Fountain
Features (City): Temple of Tymora, Baronal Structure, Apothecary, Garden,

Town In Depth

The town square is directly East from the trade way, which runs North/South. At its center is the fountain, which has magical self-replenishing and -purifying properties. The major buildings - Inn, smithy, magic shop, and Adventuring Center, in that order counterclockwise - are arranged in a semicircle on its East side. The Mayoral Office is located directly behind the magic shop. All of these official buildings are denoted by signs.


City In Depth

The city portion of Fortune's Favor is 'protected' by a single iron gate and 20-foot stone walls on all sides. The interior deliberately gives off an air of splendor, with a spacious residential district, open garden, and streets enchanted to look as though they are paved with gold. It was primarily built to suit important dignitaries or those with more grandiose tastes than the population within the town. It is divided into three sections, or four if one counts the Baronal Structure in the far East segment as its own division.

The Residential District is the largest, and it holds various apartments, a miniature park, and a tavern somewhat smaller than the town's that does not provide its own room and board. It is located to the Northern side of the city. It also holds the well from which the city's people traditionally get their water supplies. It goes deep into the earth, and draws its supply from a massive underground lake.

The Financial District houses the apothecary and second magic shop, and it also provides housing for visiting merchants who wish to peddle their wares to the populace. Currently it plays host to a carpenter, butcher, baker, and vegetable peddler, as well as the quarry master's office. It is located to the Southern side of the city.

The Divine District is the smallest, and is home to only one temple that provides services for followers of Tymora, Mystra, and Waukeen. It is located to the Southeast side of the city, adjacent to the Baronal Structure. Aside from offering services to the dead, the Divine District is also a judiciary location, where trials are held and overseen. They keep a functioning gallows a small ways away from the temple proper. However, none of the priests who maintain the temple are actually divine spellcasters; they are all former monks or scribes in the service of their chosen deity.

The Baronal Structure houses the Baron, Baroness, their guard, attendants, and has room for traveling dignitaries as well as prisoners in its dungeon. It is the not smallest individual construction in the city, but it is the most well guarded. Only those with express permission are permitted to enter.


Important Locations

Adventuring Center (Defendor Investigations): Rented and renovated as recently as 8 Mirtul, this is a large building with a circular roof, composed mostly of wood on the outside and stone on the inside. Three golden pillars are set on each side of the entry hall, which lead up to the main desk. Behind the desk are two doors, always closed, that can't lead anywhere due to size restrictions on the structure.

The Fountain: A large circle under two levels of progressively smaller circular 'stairs', the fountain that serves as the absolute center for the town is rumored to have been blessed by Tymora when Fortune's Favor was founded. Regardless of whether this is actually true, it is endowed with powerful magic that maintains the balance and purity of all water that flows out of, into, and around it, and it is often used by the townsfolk for all needs suited normally to wells or rain troughs.

Mayoral Office: The town's political base of operations, this home contains a meeting room in its further corner, adjacent to a set of stairs which lead to a set of three temporary cells, the Mayor's bedroom, and the Mayor's office to the immediate right of its entryway.

The Magic Shop: Chock full of strange pieces of sorcery and a basement level that no one in recent memory has lived to explore, this store is run by the gnome Dak Algar, and doesn't see very many visitors unless they have an interest in the arcane.

The Fortune's Gate Inn: Owned by a halfling man named Adam, formerly of the Coin's Watch adventuring group.

The Graveyard: Located behind the city, it has relatively few inhabitants but an impressive amount of construction value. Currently missing six occupants, three (Davand's family) accounted for.

The Mausoleum of Jergal: Just a few miles East and South of the town, this recent construction officially keeps a general watch over the status of Fortune's Favor's graveyard.


A two-story building with trailing, healthy ivies along the walls to either side of the front entrance. It looks as old as the town itself, but is very well maintained. It has two entrances: the front door, and a cellar door in the back that is locked by no visible means. The first room inside consists of a den space, with a fireplace, carpet, two tables, and two armchairs, though it is fairly spacious aside from these.

There are five exits that lead away from the den. The first is the front door, which leads outside. To the left from this exit is the dual kitchen/dining room, which contains various cupboards, storage containers for foodstuffs, and a tub for the washing of dishes. To the right is a small guest room with just enough space for a bed and a shelf. There is a stairwell at the far end of the den that leads both up to the second floor and down to the cellar.

The cellar is roughly the size of the entirety of the first floor, but sparsely packed. Only one wall is lined with wooden wine barrels, two of which are hollow, and hide an entrance to a secret dungeon. The opposite corner is home to four blocks of that stone wall that are intended to come loose. The inside portions of the blocks are painted to resemble for sections of a skull superimposed over a blue diamond. There is also a treasure trove of sorts behind the blocks, containing a potion, studded leather of exceptional quality, and a sack of gold coins.

The second floor is a U-shaped study, with a round table, several chairs, and a bookshelf on each wall not occupied by the stairwell. The volumes are sorted by rarity and typical relevance, beginning with knitting manuals and ending with treatises on theoretical magic. The bookshelf with the rarest volumes is coated in a magical cold trap.

The third floor begins as a hallway with windows at either end and six doors in two rows. Beginning at the stairs down and going clockwise, they are: A privy, an empty armory with numerous shelves and two adjustable safes, the master bedroom (which contains the chest of six drawers), The Void Room, and a quick exit to the immediate exterior of the building.

The Void Room is home to some sort of presence that has the following message: Speak the name of the path, or our pain will conjure wrath.

The drawers are all locked by magical means, and the bottom two are set with runes that must be dispelled before they can be opened. The top two contain letters from the Mayor and Dak Algar discussing her magical condition, and a map of Fortune's Favor marked to draw attention to the Inn, the Mayoral Office, the Murals Estate, the Magic Shop and Oswald Carston's house. They connect to form a star around the fountain.

Currently, the armory is empty save for one safe used by Elias to lock away four tomes of interest. The first is a treatise on general magic, the second is a book about Kzz'a'ham, the third is a guide to advanced necromancy, and the fourth is like the third, but for abjuration magics.


The Coin's Watch: A retired adventuring group composed of Fortune's Favor's founders; Chartessa, Dannis, Adam, and Mirian.

The Order of the Broken Chain: A splinter group of the main church of Kelemvor whose doctrine is to 'save' the faithless from an eternity of torment on The Wall, often with violent methods.

The Spider's Fang: One of two bandit groups engaged in a war with each other to the north. Led by Mettik.

The Red Marchers: One of two bandit groups engaged in a war with each other to the north. Led by March.

The Brethren: The apparent name of Chartessa's cult to Kzz'a'ham, possibly also an anti-elf supremacy group, or even both at once.



The Protagonists:

AquilaRift|Elias Dure (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=428621)
MLucas|Brother Orin (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=711318)
WindStruck|Adrexah Holybough (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=704036)
Winds|Lea (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=162355)


Companions:

Denara Murals|Ghost|Untrained (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=989973)
Bria Kane|Human|Cleric (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=437531)
Thorard|Dog|Dog (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=436178)
Samnang Varran|Human|Paladin (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=437942)
Davand Williamson|Human|Dread Necromancer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=815786)


Original IC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251683)



!
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z
@
#
$


1



R
i



||






















2



f
t



||






















3








||






















4








||






















5








||






















6








||






















7




S3
S3


||






















8
L
B


S3
S3


||






















9





C


||






















10








||






















11





O

A
||






















12








||






















13








||






















14








||






















15


E





||






















16








||






















17








||






















18








||






















19
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=






















20































21































22































23































24































25































26































27































28































29































30




































Name/Order
Health
Buffs
Debuffs
Ability/Effect


Orin/4
22/22





Adrexah Holybough/5
13/13





Lea/2
[COLOR="#FF8C00"]15/19





Elias Dure/3
14/14
Protection From Evil




Bria Kane/1
Uninjured
Divine Favor




Chino/5
Uninjured





Statue 1/6
Dead





Statue 2
Dead





Statue 3/6
[COLOR="#008080"]Barely Injured





Statue 4/6
Dead

The Smoking Man
2012-08-04, 02:53 PM
Posted!

Hope I didn't jump the gun on anything. Also hope my post length is acceptable. If you need them to be shorter for ease of reading, just lemme know and I'll be happy to make the necessary changes.

Can't wait to see everyone else's first post!:smallsmile:

TSM

Kelvin360
2012-08-04, 03:44 PM
Posted!

Hope I didn't jump the gun on anything. Also hope my post length is acceptable. If you need them to be shorter for ease of reading, just lemme know and I'll be happy to make the necessary changes.

Can't wait to see everyone else's first post!:smallsmile:

TSM

Looks good from here. I'll post the knowledge result and various descriptions once the others have their firsts going.

MLucas
2012-08-04, 03:54 PM
Posted!

Hope I didn't jump the gun on anything. Also hope my post length is acceptable. If you need them to be shorter for ease of reading, just lemme know and I'll be happy to make the necessary changes.

Can't wait to see everyone else's first post!:smallsmile:

TSM

You've set the bar really high there. I'll have to give my post some thought.

JustPlayItLoud
2012-08-05, 12:48 AM
First IC post for me is up. LET'S DO THIS!

Kelvin360
2012-08-05, 12:51 AM
As an OOC aside, would you prefer we narrate our actions in past or present tense? I've played in games that go either way.

You can go either way, really, according to your personal preference. 'He opens the door' and 'he opened the door' don't strain my sanity oermuch. :smallbiggrin:

JustPlayItLoud
2012-08-05, 12:59 AM
Fair enough. I used both in the introductory post because it made sense. I'll just wait and see how everyone else goes and stick with that for the sake of consistency.

Malak'ai
2012-08-05, 01:34 AM
Wow, those are some long posts. I'm still working on mine, so expect it maybe later tonight or tomorrow.

JetThomasBoat
2012-08-05, 01:38 AM
I'll try to come up with a post before I bed down for the night. I'm just curious, as I'm looking at the map and realize just how bad I am at remembering where anything is in Forgotten Realms (I thought Neverwinter was east of Silverymoon, for example). But using my backstory of being a sailor returning from the coast to Silverymoon, which port would make the most sense for me to be coming from? Waterdeep or Luskan?

The Smoking Man
2012-08-05, 01:54 AM
I think Luskan is closer but Waterdeep would be a far friendlier place for a foreigner.

EDIT: I first wrote "foreign wizard" instead of "foreigner" for some reason... Hope no one caught that! Been running lots of wizards in my game...:smallfrown:

JetThomasBoat
2012-08-05, 02:18 AM
I think Luskan is closer but Waterdeep would be a far friendlier place for a foreigner.

EDIT: I first wrote "foreign wizard" instead of "foreigner" for some reason... Hope no one caught that! Been running lots of wizards in my game...:smallfrown:

I could probably work that into it somehow...

Thanks, TSM.

MLucas
2012-08-05, 12:55 PM
Right, that's my first post done :)
I could have gone into more detail, but I think there's enough there to give a bit of flavour.
I'm not really familiar with Faerun, so I've just talked about 'a monastery' in general (within a few weeks from here).

I am thinking that my character wont have ever travelled (and especially hasnt ever seen a lake let alone the ocean) - but will know a lot about people and places from books.

Kelvin360
2012-08-05, 04:13 PM
Well when you're not learning how to roundhouse-kick a hole in the fabric of reality, that's what ya do in a monestary I should think! :smallbiggrin:

Malak'ai
2012-08-05, 05:44 PM
Ok wow, that was a long post for me.
Since I hadn't written a background for Santino, I basically put it in there.

Hope it doesn't conflict with any FR cannon in regards to my description of Neverwinter.

JetThomasBoat
2012-08-06, 01:26 AM
I'm just kind of curious in case it comes up at some point. What language is the common language in this part of the world? I was reading about all the different kinds of humans and it was hard to keep track of.

Kelvin360
2012-08-06, 01:42 AM
Normally I just assume that there's a universal trade language (common) and then different regional dialects. (Illuskan, etc.) Which means if JustPlay wants to retcon a bit, that's plausible.

MLucas
2012-08-06, 02:49 AM
Remembering the look of the foreign-looking folk by the town square's fountain and making a mental note to introduce himself later
So .. Orin is Caucasian, and relatively local to the area. Unless by foreign you mean 'non-dwarfish', which covers most people in the square I would think :)
I've not described what he looks like in character as I don't think my character would reflect on his appearance.
He's basically a bald, very tanned man, wearing grey robes (possibly originally white, but age and soot have turned them a patchy grey).

JustPlayItLoud
2012-08-06, 11:23 AM
I'm not gonna retcon. Having to stumble your way through a billion different languages of which you only know a couple is half the fun of playing in FR! Honestly, I played in it for years before I or anyone else I played with noticed the entry in the campaign setting that said Common even existed, so we figured it didn't. When I run the Realms, I houserule it in just for fun. I find it makes people work a little harder to communicate and get into character at first, then usually it becomes pretty easy once you've partied up. There are generally enough people that at least one person speaks a relevant language.

Kelvin360
2012-08-06, 02:09 PM
Just to be clear - are Santino and Orin going into Defendor Investigations, or the Arcana shoppe (the Arcane place is the one with the stars over the door)?

MLucas
2012-08-06, 02:11 PM
Orin is going into the Arcana shop.

AquilaRift
2012-08-06, 08:10 PM
I have Internet again! Since nobody's started a quest yet, shall I simply do an intro post in the square like everyone else?

Malak'ai
2012-08-06, 08:13 PM
Whoops... I was meaning to go to Defendors... I'll make the changes soon.

Kelvin360
2012-08-06, 09:05 PM
I have Internet again! Since nobody's started a quest yet, shall I simply do an intro post in the square like everyone else?

If you'd like.

The Smoking Man
2012-08-06, 10:13 PM
So .. Orin is Caucasian, and relatively local to the area. Unless by foreign you mean 'non-dwarfish', which covers most people in the square I would think :)
I've not described what he looks like in character as I don't think my character would reflect on his appearance.
He's basically a bald, very tanned man, wearing grey robes (possibly originally white, but age and soot have turned them a patchy grey).

Indeed. Tankerred doesn't assume you're from far away. He simply thinks to himself that you look foreign relative to what he's used to. He hasn't had the chance to interact with many monk-types in his life, though it's not like he's put-off or anything.

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, sir!:smallsmile:

TSM

MLucas
2012-08-07, 01:33 AM
Indeed. Tankerred doesn't assume you're from far away. He simply thinks to himself that you look foreign relative to what he's used to. He hasn't had the chance to interact with many monk-types in his life, though it's not like he's put-off or anything.

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, sir!:smallsmile:

TSM

That's fine - it gave me an opportunity to descibe Orin :)

The Smoking Man
2012-08-08, 04:34 PM
Hey folks! Very sorry about my stilted posting schedule. I hadn't realized the pace of this game would be quite so high! It's definitely a good thing, but sometimes my work schedule might interfere. That being said, I'm off for the next few days. Expect an IC post by me later tonight once I get home. Until then, you can just assume that Tankerred accompanies those interested in the haunted house.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

TSM

Kelvin360
2012-08-09, 08:46 PM
It looks like everyone's gonna meet up at the house (given leaving times and directions), so feel free to roleplay these interactions as they happen. The all-seeing eye is watching!

The Old House:

The building on the east street stands out from those around it for two reasons: First, it's very old-looking, a definite time shock as opposed the the houses it stands between. Long vines and ivy casade down the sides and over the roof, though it's clearly unkempt as of recently, as it even covers most of the door.

Secondly, it even feels like there's no one inside. There is an air of emptiness around it, an almost palpable aura of feelings to make one lonely and fairly pessimistic. Some flowers by the windowsill have died, and their state quite well reflects this aura. Yet, at the same time, it feels strangely like the door wants to be opened, like there is something inside that desires presence...or sacrifice.

JetThomasBoat
2012-08-09, 10:26 PM
Gettin' spooky, y'all!

Kelvin360
2012-08-10, 11:32 PM
I feel like we need a more in detail map of Fortune's Favor and surrounding areas (and even if we don't, it'll make me feel better), so here it is.

There is a main trade road running past the town that splits off and goes directly to the square, splitting off again.



|
|
|
------------FF-----------
|
|
|
Split-Off
|
|
------------------------Trade Road------------------

Note that the above is slightly inaccurate as the Trade Road runs south, and Fortune's Favor is east of it.

At about the point where that 'split-off' is, the road starts growing buildings on the sides. On the 'FF' point is where the TOWN Square is (fountain place with the General Store, Magic Shop, Defendor Investigations, and Tavern/Inn in a semi-circle around it - The Magic Shop and D.I. are next to eachother on the left of the fountain as you come in, the Tavern and general Store on the right).

The second split occurs on this spot (The TOWN Square), and the pathway goes back to the Trade Road, and then East, North and South. (Chartessa's home is on the split-off point from the Trade Road, where the landscape starts to turn into buildings).

The North and South pathways lead to more homes (the homes are built along the sides of a pathway, with more behind in spaces that allow for still-easy access).

The East pathway has yet more buildings (on the left side as you go along is the Mayoral office) until you reach the gate into the CITY. This is when the road bumps into a large square stone wall surrounding said city. The guards themselves are, as previously demonstrated, very helpful, but few commoners (or even new adventurers) are allowed inside.

In the CITY square is a well that leads to a massive underground lake from which the nobles draw their water. The left side of the CITY is the residential district - this is where the higher-ups make their homes in large splendorous apartments. Straight down the middle from the CITY Square is the Keep.

The Keep is a large stone castle that houses the Baroness, the Baron, and assorted personal guards as well as staff. Few people have gone inside, and of those, all were personally invited by the Baroness herself (who is actually the founder of Fortune's Favor, a priestess of Tymora).

On the right side of the city is the merchant's district, which has a proper mages tower, a second Tavern (though it doesn't double as an Inn), two stores for various mundane and magical items, and the Temple of Tymora.

It is well known that Clerics of Tymora on pilgrimage can get inside the City to the Temple without being hassled, and may even be invited into the Keep for a feast with the Baroness.


A few extra details -

The Fountain that is the central part of the TOWN Square is enchanted to have an infinite flow of pure water, and serves as the town's drinking apparatus. It is rumored to be a direct blessing from Tymora herself to serve as a sign of approval.

The town's main sources of wealth are twofold - A heavy amount of trade (as most of the shopkeepers are residents, and very wealthy) that also provides bounties of food for the townsfolk, and a mine some ways away from the city. The mine constantly funnels in silver, gold, and iron, and it rumored to be yet another blessing, as it is so plentiful.

The now-vacant Goldenwall Keep is actually some miles away from the city, on the side of the Trade Road.

A 180-degree swath of land around the city is forest area, and few truly know what lies within. Children are told to never venture there, lest various nightmare creatures devour them. But that's just old wive's tales. Right?


I hope this clears things up for everyone, and questions are appreciated in case I missed something.

Kelvin360
2012-08-10, 11:36 PM
Also, one more detail about Char-Char's house - It's big.

Like, three stories, fairly large rooms, how-in-the-world-does-an-old-woman-and-her-dead-husband-have-all-this big.

JetThomasBoat
2012-08-11, 12:11 AM
Oh, okay. That makes sense. All right.

AquilaRift
2012-08-11, 01:35 AM
Elias has got nothing further to say until we reach the mayor's. I wonder if we'll run into Kath and Uregaunt on the way out...

MLucas
2012-08-11, 01:47 AM
Elias has got nothing further to say until we reach the mayor's. I wonder if we'll run into Kath and Uregaunt on the way out...

I thought we were heading to the house now, not the mayors? (in post #77 tankerred headed towards the house - perhaps i misunderstood and it was the mayors house)

If not, orin will split from the others and go straight there.

(orin doesnt see the point in getting permission, as the fact that we've been hired implies that we have permission and all the info the owner has - but he hasnt mnetioned it as we seemed to be going the rigt way :smallsmile:)

AquilaRift
2012-08-11, 01:29 PM
Hm. I thought that the owner might have more specific information than the Investigations representative does. Were we given directions to the haunted building itself or the mayor's place?

MLucas
2012-08-11, 02:20 PM
I asked for directions to the house as you were leaving. The clerk did mention that the owner was at the mayors office, but didnt say where it was (although, he did give Elias a map there :smallsmile:)

Kelvin360
2012-08-11, 02:33 PM
He gave directions and a map, as I recall.

Malak'ai
2012-08-11, 09:10 PM
Hey guys,
Sorry I haven't been posting the last few days, having a few troubles in RL that are taking nearly all my effort to sort out.
Would one of you mind running Santino for the next couple of days until I can get back on properly?
At the moment he's just following along behind Tankerred.
Sorry for holding things up.

Kelvin360
2012-08-11, 10:48 PM
If no one else volunteers, I can probably guide some steps. Though, conversation will be kept to a minimum so I don't accidentally mangle your character too badly.

On that note, I'll keep this here for my future ease of use:

{table=head]Player|Character|Brief Description
JetThomasBoat|Kath (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=427797)|The Sniper Before Guns
The Smoking Man|Tankerred Murldom (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=427564)|The Shorter Holy Man
AquilaRift|Elias Dure (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=428621)|Magic Football, Defense
Malak'ai|Santino Crocetti (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=429052)|That One Trapspringer
JustPlayItLoud|Uregaunt (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=429037)|Thor In Robes
MLucas|Brother Orin (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=429699)|Who Needs Swords?
[/table]

AquilaRift
2012-08-12, 12:21 AM
Well, Elias is heading to the office first, then probably making camp somewhere at nightfall and getting 8 hours. I have a few spells I want to swap out before confronting a ghost.
(wait, maybe I should have gotten my advance first so that I could get lodgings somewhere... hindsight's 20/20 :smallsigh:)

MLucas
2012-08-12, 06:06 AM
I assume I've arrived at the house ... but as I'm not entirely sure where everyone else is, I'll wait until The Smoking Man is back from holiday.

wow, things moved along really quickly then :)

The Smoking Man
2012-08-13, 11:57 PM
Will post again in the morning. Work has sucked all my energy. Must say that I'm liking the game muchly so-far, even if things are the slightest bit disorganized! I find it charming. :smallsmile:

Malak'ai
2012-08-14, 02:25 AM
I was really tossing up whether to add a Bluff check in there to see if Santino could make himself appear to be sincere when he smiles and bowed to Chartessa, but I decided to just leave it as open mockery... Might make her pull her head in a little :smalltongue:.

MLucas
2012-08-15, 01:56 AM
Sorry for railroading everyone in the party to get to the house - I'd hoped to get there before Kath entered.

If you havent guessed, My character is a very chatty and impatient monk (hence being asked to seek enlightenment elsewhere). If it's annoying anyone, I'll tone it back.

AquilaRift
2012-08-15, 04:11 PM
That was where Elias was headed in any case, so it's fine with me.

Kelvin360
2012-08-17, 09:56 PM
So, this is probably a good time to mention that I'll be taking a vacation lasting from the afternoon of Monday the 20th until the afternoon of Thursday the 24th.

Afterwards though, everything's peachy and normal.

JustPlayItLoud
2012-08-18, 09:31 AM
While we're on the subject of a hiatus, I'll mention that I'm getting married September 1st. So the couple of days before that will likely be hectic, then we'll be in Atlantic City from the 3rd through the 9th. Feel free to NPC me for the duration.

Kelvin360
2012-08-18, 02:44 PM
I'll pencil you in. Also, congratulations!

Actually, that reminds me of something I've meant to bring up; though we do have a full party for this campaign, there will still be a multitude of options to pick up NPC companions at various points. Some will be obvious, and others will be slightly less obvious. Of course, you do have the option of killing them all off if you so desire.

The problem this used to present was too many numbers, but now I realize that if a player needs to take a vacation, one of the companions can simply pop in (once found) and be a replacement for a time. Just running this idea by everyone to see if they're okay with it, or if I should stick with a silent takeover.

Also, another note related to this that is both kind of a spoiler and will probably make sense once the context is revealed; You can train her.

But enough of my ranting! :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: And yes. If someone is on vacation and the rest of the party completes a quest while the above method is in place, everyone (PC's and NPC's alike) will get their share of the XP.

AquilaRift
2012-08-19, 12:52 AM
Allow me to add my congratulations, JPIL!

As for the issue of NPCs: I'd actually prefer a temporary replacement to a silent takeover, except when said replacement would shatter suspension of disbelief (a player character vanishing in the middle of a supremely important quest and popping back a week later none the worse, for instance).

Kelvin360
2012-08-19, 01:31 AM
Knowing me, I'd make the disappearance entirely IC and make everyone go on a quest to save the character from the Legion of Bats or something.

AquilaRift
2012-08-19, 02:44 AM
:smallbiggrin: That would make for a memorable adventure.
On an unrelated note, apparently the Dice Gods smile upon me tonight.

Kelvin360
2012-08-19, 03:37 AM
"I've finished my scrying!"

"Right then! Quick, everyone; To the Bat-cave!!"

That would be my fault for putting you in a town blessed by the Goddess of Luck. >_>

I'm just lucky I didn't stick a Gambler's Den somewhere!

AquilaRift
2012-08-20, 01:48 AM
...Well, that's an interesting note to begin the hiatus on. :smalltongue:

JetThomasBoat
2012-08-21, 10:25 PM
Haven't been online much. So tired lately. Just letting you guys know I'm still following along.

Kelvin360
2012-08-22, 09:19 PM
And I'm back ahead of schedule. *clapboard snaps* Action!

AquilaRift
2012-08-23, 02:00 AM
Welcome back! How was the trip?

Kelvin360
2012-08-26, 03:38 PM
As we're getting close to JPIL's special day, I'll assume his absences are due to such, and TheSmokingMan did mention that he has had a lot of work recently.

Thusly, until they have the opportunity to get back into things (no rush!), I'll assume direct control with the clause that if they have the chance, they can come in and post reactions themselves.

Or, at least, until you guys find some buddies for legit replacement (there are plenty!). :smallbiggrin:

AquilaRift
2012-08-26, 05:46 PM
Sounds good.

JustPlayItLoud
2012-08-26, 11:43 PM
As we're getting close to JPIL's special day, I'll assume his absences are due to such, and TheSmokingMan did mention that he has had a lot of work recently.

Thusly, until they have the opportunity to get back into things (no rush!), I'll assume direct control with the clause that if they have the chance, they can come in and post reactions themselves.

Or, at least, until you guys find some buddies for legit replacement (there are plenty!). :smallbiggrin:

Quite. I've been following along intermittently so I can know what's going on, but the fact that others have taken a more active role in the current adventure has provided a welcome reprieve from focusing a lot of attention on pbp. Quite conveniently all of my pbp games have hit a little bit of a lull, so it's quite nice. I'll be following over the next couple of days and posting as necessary. This Wednesday is my last day at work and likely my last day to be able to do much online. Thursday is a lot of prep and then bachelor party. Friday will be rehearsal, dinner, then entertaining many late arriving out of town guests. The weekend will, of course, be madness. We leave for the honeymoon Monday and will be in Atlantic City until late Friday night. I will very much try to check back in by Sunday before returning to work Monday.

And as I've said before, feel free to post on my behalf as necessary, even before I leave if it's holding up. If someone wants to take over Uregaunt, feel free, otherwise he'll be a GM NPC for the time being. Just try not to actively kill him and I'm sure it'll be just fine.

AquilaRift
2012-08-29, 05:55 PM
So who's going with Santino and who's remaining behind?

Malak'ai
2012-08-29, 06:37 PM
:smalleek: Okay, Santino's boastful offer was supposed to be shot down... He's most likely not the best person you want confronting her, especially in the mood he's in at the moment.
I mean, if you all want him to, he'll go call her out, but I personally think someone a bit more... Rationally minded might be the better option.

Kelvin360
2012-08-29, 06:45 PM
Well it's not like you guys have a monk in the party or anything, that'd be useful.

Malak'ai
2012-08-29, 06:47 PM
Forum monster strikes again!

AquilaRift
2012-08-29, 06:58 PM
Yeah, Orin seems like a cooler head.
Actually, on second thought, Elias might be more useful up above than guarding the corpse. He's a Fortune's Favor local, which might come in handy.

JetThomasBoat
2012-09-01, 11:20 PM
Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. I'm currently in the process of looking for a new apartment and I have thirty days to do it. Also, not sure how soon I'll be able to get internet access wherever I end up. Just wanted to let you guys know.

On to posting in the IC...

MLucas
2012-09-03, 02:56 AM
I was going to send Orin along, but then Elias went, and I figured two would be enough.
I've not been posting as I cant think what else to do in the house ... but you'll be back soon enough.

Kelvin360
2012-09-04, 01:05 AM
I'm gonna wait for Santino here, so we don't accidentally start a simultaneous alternate reality or something.

AquilaRift
2012-09-04, 02:05 AM
That's probably the best option. If he decides to investigate what he heard, I can edit my latest post accordingly.

Malak'ai
2012-09-09, 08:34 PM
Sorry to hear that Jet.
Thoughts are with you :smallsmile:.

AquilaRift
2012-09-09, 08:55 PM
I'm sorry to hear it as well, JTB. Are you holding up all right?

JetThomasBoat
2012-09-09, 09:08 PM
I'm all right. Been spending a lot of time with the family and nursing the hangovers that spending time with the family often entails :)

I think I might write something to say at the funeral. She's kind of the only one of my grandparents I really knew.

JustPlayItLoud
2012-09-10, 07:34 PM
Aaaaaaaaand I'm back. I never anticipated how much I would have to get done in the two days between getting back from vacation and returning to work. Mostly trying to reclaim our apartment from the amorphous mass of wedding stuff that has taken over the place. It is Legion, for it is many. I've read through and caught up on the IC thread, and I think I'll just stay out for a little longer since it seems like this brief adventure is just about wrapped up, then try to jump back in.

AquilaRift
2012-09-11, 05:14 PM
Welcome back! :smallsmile:

Kelvin360
2012-09-11, 05:23 PM
Yes indeedy! Good to see you around again.

Aquila/Lucas/Anybody else - When you're ready to head out, be sure to let me know so I don't have to put a guessing future 'if you do this' description. :smallsmile:

And to whoever is going to loot the alcove (because hey, free treasure!), no, it isn't trapped.

AquilaRift
2012-09-11, 06:05 PM
If anyone else wants to loot it, that's fine. From Elias's perspective, we've already interfered enough with the scene of the crime. Besides, he's getting paid anyway, and the armor doesn't fit.

Kelvin360
2012-09-14, 01:49 PM
Gonna repost that last OOC in the actual OOC thread. Whoops!


OOC:
Directed at Kath and Santino: Are you guys going to head to D.I. too, or stick around the incredibly creepy basement with the potentially dangerous skull runes?

Kelvin360
2012-09-16, 05:36 PM
I'll be as blunt as I can here without coming off as hostile; Aquila and I can't do this alone.

I understand that life butts in at inopportune times, and we all have other things to do, but I personally would feel better having something other than silence.

That said, I'd like to request a sound-off. I'd like everyone to post here with their status and (if posting regularly is infeasible) how long they need to break for.

As well, if anyone feels they just can't do this right now, this is the place to say so. I hold no hard feelings to those who don't have the time (or even inclination) to continue, and should those players ever decide they have more of either, they'll still have a place here in the circle. But these are the things I need to know.

So, available or not? And if not, for how long?

Malak'ai
2012-09-16, 07:06 PM
Still here. I've been really quite sick so I haven't been out of bed much to be able to post. Should be able to pick it up again from now on though.

JetThomasBoat
2012-09-16, 08:36 PM
I'm here, I'm here. I'm really sorry I've been so busy. But the last week is all behind me now and I'll have a lot to do coming up once I figure out where in the wide world of sports I'm moving, but I'm here for now. I'll get to posting right away.

Kelvin360
2012-09-16, 10:46 PM
Thanks guys. :smallbiggrin: Good to get a handle on what's what!

Like I said earlier, my basic contingency plan for player absence is simply those NPC companions. You've met one, and more will come soon enough.

AquilaRift
2012-09-16, 11:41 PM
And suddenly the Wacky Sitcom meter jumps a couple of notches. I call the top bunk! :smallbiggrin:

Seriously, though, owning a horrible creepy ghost house is going to be interesting. I mean, the ghost is friendly (if a little depressing), but still. The place has a genocide library and a murder basement, it's not going to win any Good Housekeeping awards.

JustPlayItLoud
2012-09-17, 01:37 AM
Still here, and as I mentioned earlier, I was pretty much going to wait for the current adventure to resolve, as I'd missed pretty much all of it. Looks like it's just about wrapped up, so I'll try to start posting as well.

AquilaRift
2012-09-17, 10:54 PM
Has Kath's conversation with Denara gone on long enough for Elias and Orin to get to Defendor Investigations and back in the meantime? I'm not sure of the distance between D.I. and the former Murals residence.

EDIT: Wait, I guess I'd be running into Santino right about now.

Kelvin360
2012-09-17, 10:59 PM
It's not a very long walk, but yes, Santino you do find first, verily!

AquilaRift
2012-09-19, 07:02 PM
OK, whose idea was it to leave the fighter alone with an evil arcanist's library? :smalltongue: Elias is going to be kicking himself when he gets back. Possibly kicking Kath, too.

JetThomasBoat
2012-09-19, 07:53 PM
I think in the interest of role-playing, I don't think Kath would have a reason to stop reading. He's fairly wise, with his fourteen Wisdom, but he probably wouldn't imagine that anything bad would come from reading a book.

Malak'ai
2012-09-19, 08:00 PM
Famous. Last. Words.... Anyway... Will be posting IC shortly.

JetThomasBoat
2012-09-19, 08:11 PM
I'm going to go ahead, and finish reading, but I'm just a little curious. What are our policies concerning character death in this game?

Malak'ai
2012-09-19, 08:14 PM
You get a nicely dug grave and a head stone complaining about worms eating your brain :smalltongue:.

**Yes, I'm being a smartass today :smallbiggrin:**

AquilaRift
2012-09-19, 08:46 PM
JTB, I don't think Kelvin would brainmelt you at this stage in the proceedings... but I am curious about death too. I'm getting kind of attached to my character :smallbiggrin:

Kelvin360
2012-09-19, 08:54 PM
Don't worry. For now, if you get to 0 HP or below, you're simply unconscious. By the time you run into situations that can actually kill you, you'll have access to the Temple of Tymora inside the city, so you'll have clerics waiting to raise you. Or Tankerred. Or Bria.

However, there will be certain points in which it's possible for a companion to permenantly die. This doesn't apply to Denara since she'll just respawn at home, but be warned.

AquilaRift
2012-09-19, 09:00 PM
Full-blown Revolving Door Afterlife, in other words.

This might be a blessing, because Kath just botched his Will save.

Kelvin360
2012-09-19, 09:13 PM
I'll be doing a few of these 'trick' rolls. You saw an example with that option I gave Kath earlier to use a failed reflex save to succeed. In this case, it'd seem obvious that the will save is to avoid what happens due to reading the book, but nope! It's to avoid closing it. Making willpower work against your better judgement.

I'm all but certain that this is a lot less sneaky than I think it is, but there you have it! :smallbiggrin:

AquilaRift
2012-09-19, 09:19 PM
Well, obviously it's less sneaky now that you've told us how you do it! :smalltongue:

Kelvin360
2012-09-22, 01:59 AM
I know I keep dropping the word 'companions' around, and I'm not gonna put keeping track of them all on your shoulders. So! I'm editing the very first post on the very first page as a placeholder for an inventory of sorts. You'll be notified in the IC thread as well when you officially recruit an individual, but that placeholder is where you can check what's what at any time.

Right now Denara is the base of sorts; the listing will tell you their name, their class, how loyal they are to the group, etc.

Hopefully this helps both now and down the road!

(A note about loyalty: While this score can have repercussions, don't pressure yourselves into minmaxing the scores. Just roleplay what comes naturally and the rest will sort itself out. Heck, you don't even have to chat on downtime if you don't want to. Note that repercussions don't include 'screw this, I'm outta here'. Once you recruit somebody, they're with you period.)

AquilaRift
2012-09-26, 05:20 PM
Elias means Door B. Since Orin's moved into the hallway, Elias can probably see all five doors.
Of course, he chose it completely at random, since he isn't listening for the hum.

JustPlayItLoud
2012-09-27, 09:25 PM
Alright, I'm so far behind I don't think I can possibly catch up at this point. Life has been pretty crappy the last couple of weeks and I can barely muster the energy to stay involved in the other pbp that I've been playing for quite a while now. I haven't really been able to get into Uregaunt's head as a character either. I actually feel bad for hanging on this long when someone else might be having a lot more fun in my spot, so I'm gonna go ahead and formally withdraw from this game. I've been so uninvolved that it should make very little difference. Feel free to NPC Uregaunt or have him casually fade away. Let me know if you want to NPC him and I can wait to delete the sheet as I've been meaning to go through and remove some of my Myth Weavers sheets that are definitely never going to be used.

Goodbye and good gaming folks.

Malak'ai
2012-09-27, 09:30 PM
Sorry to see you go JPIL, hope things settle down to normal for you soon.

Kelvin360
2012-09-27, 09:38 PM
I share Malak's sentiment. It was good to know you. :smallsmile:

As to the fate of Uregaunt, two things:

Firstly, I personally would feel a tad cheap playing a chaarcter that isn't mine. Frankly, I don't think I could do him justice, and I'll have my hands full with the companions.

Secondly:

UREGAUNT -

It would be a long time before the Sword Coast again heard of the ancient-blooded magi, but when they did, they heard him as a herald. Uregaunt, riding at the head of a group of Harpers including Elminster of Shadowdale and Storm Silverhand, lead a charge against the Zhentarim hordes that would finally seek to conquer all in their path.

The battle was long as bloody; swords rang and spells flashed for many days and nights, but at the end, the bards would recount, the symbol of the Harpers rose from the circles of bodies that lay scattered across the scorched plains. Among the survivors, no one spoke the name of the archmage leader, but this was not his last appearance.

When next in the following years Mystra appeared in physical form, her Chosen magical disciple risen from the blood of Netheril and the spirit of the harp always appeared at her side.

JustPlayItLoud
2012-09-27, 10:01 PM
Wow, that's a heck of a sendoff on short notice. Well done. And thanks all for the well wishes.

JetThomasBoat
2012-09-27, 10:42 PM
Sorry to see you go, JPIL. I was looking forward to getting to know the first wizard I ran into on a PbP game. Hope things get better for you, dude.

As a side note, I'm moving into my new apartment tomorrow and over the weekend, and I don't know how soon we'll get internet going, so if I don't post for a day or two, that would be why.

AquilaRift
2012-09-27, 11:49 PM
Sorry to see you go, JPIL. I guess Elias'll have to hold up the arcane end of the party for a while.

Malak'ai
2012-09-29, 08:16 PM
Damnit... Look's like Santino's gunna have to take a virtual level of Internal Decorator :smalltongue:.

Anyway... I'm guessing it'll be the usual DC 20 Disable Device check to bypass this trap, so if one of you can give me a hand, I'll have a 50/50 chance of doing it :smalleek:.

Kelvin360
2012-09-29, 08:57 PM
Not unless Santino can suddenly cast dispel magic, unfortunately.

The top four drawers are untrapped and therefore fair game, though. I forgot to add that Elias' knowledge of Spellcraft means he knows they look to be vulnerable to something as simple as Open/Close...maybe.

AquilaRift
2012-09-30, 12:41 AM
Well, that would be useful... if I had prepared that spell. :smalltongue: Barring any unusual stuff re: the mirror, the mysteries of the Pink Boudoir of Doom may have to wait for another day. There are still four unexplored doors on this third floor.

Malak'ai
2012-09-30, 01:18 AM
Isn't bypassing a magical trap a DC 20 Disable Device check?

Kelvin360
2012-09-30, 01:27 AM
In cases where the magical trap has a trigger that can be nonmagically removed, yeah. But this is more like Explosive Runes than Lightning Rod - there aint an off switch.

Unless you have rubber gloves lying around or something, maybe.

Malak'ai
2012-09-30, 03:51 AM
No rubber gloves, but maybe strips of leather wound around the hands, if I remember rightly, leather is low conductive.

Kelvin360
2012-09-30, 11:03 AM
True, but the traps aren't a one-charge and it's still magically locked from the inside anyway. *shrug* Those darn wizards.

AquilaRift
2012-09-30, 03:22 PM
Let's check over the mirror and come back to this room later, then.

MLucas
2012-10-01, 10:26 AM
Does that silence mean I cant hear the others moving and talking in the bedroom? (Even with the door open) ... Just checking if I have your meaning right before Orin reacts.

Also, if he calls out right now - will the others hear?

Kelvin360
2012-10-01, 01:23 PM
Ah, no, you can hear the others just fine, for now. But aside from them and that humming, the rest of this floor is quiet.

AquilaRift
2012-10-06, 03:26 PM
Yay, forums are back up! :smallsmile:

JetThomasBoat
2012-10-07, 12:58 AM
So at my new apartment, we had an interesting couple of days where we had internet, via plugging in an ethernet cable, but every time we plugged in a different computer, we couldn't plug in a different one. Apparently we need a router to use my roommate's computer and my laptop, not to mention his XBox all at the same time.

Anyway, he should be bringing a router when he comes back from visiting his fiance tomorrow, so I should be able to catch up on everything then. I assume we're already well into another quest, so I'll probably just stay out and catch up when you guys are done?

Malak'ai
2012-10-07, 12:59 AM
I agree fully Aquila.

As to what Santino is up to (apart from trying to keep the very scant contents of his stomach from coming up at the sight of the very pink room), I have no idea what he can really do at the moment apart from being the proverbial door/wall/floor/lock checker... And maybe occasional wise crack maker :smalltongue:.

EDIT: We're still just checking out the house @ JBT.

AquilaRift
2012-10-07, 01:25 AM
Very little in-game time has passed since you last posted, JTB... mainly due to the forums being down for a couple days. I think it's no problem if you want to join in now.

JetThomasBoat
2012-10-08, 11:33 PM
Aw, sick! Cool. I'll post in the IC thread soon, then.

AquilaRift
2012-10-09, 08:28 AM
Could all of us hear the voice, or just Orin?

Kelvin360
2012-10-09, 04:48 PM
Anyone standing in a position to see inside the door. It's a wide arc, but still selective telepathic communication.

Kelvin360
2012-10-09, 10:38 PM
In response to Aquila's question: I'm not really ready to NPC Tankerred until TSM officially calls it. Fortunately, we have an easy excuse.

He's a dwarf! He's probably just getting blitzed in the tavern!

AquilaRift
2012-10-09, 11:22 PM
Ha, how could I forget that? That's the excuse we always used in my IRL group when the dwarf's player was absent. He spent more time drinking than adventuring... :smallbiggrin:
Well, off to find Bria then.

MLucas
2012-10-11, 02:51 PM
I'll be on holiday for a week from saturday - I'm not sure if i'll have internet.
Orin will just follow along and punch things as required.

AquilaRift
2012-10-11, 03:06 PM
Have fun! It's a good thing we have someone to punch things. A monk, a rogue, a ranged fighter, and a wizard -- we're lacking in meat shields. :smallbiggrin:

AquilaRift
2012-10-14, 12:04 PM
Since Elias walked across town and back, he's probably almost an hour ahead of Kath and Santino chronologically, so maybe I'll hold off on posting for a little while to avoid paradoxes.

Kelvin360
2012-10-14, 12:32 PM
The time it could theoretically take the gnome to make those scrolls if they both stayed in the shop should cover that.

AquilaRift
2012-10-14, 12:42 PM
OK, that'll work.

EDIT: wait, hold on. That just adds more time. At this point from Kath's and Santino's perspectives, Elias is probably still talking to Bria. Twenty more minutes would have to pass for them before he even enters the shop! @[email protected]

Kelvin360
2012-10-14, 02:28 PM
Oh so THIS is how time travellers feel! Boy do I feel sorry for Harry Potter.

AquilaRift
2012-10-14, 04:26 PM
Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... I'll just wait a while before posting IC again. Simpler that way.

Malak'ai
2012-10-14, 04:29 PM
I dunno, you might just be slightly a head of Santino now.
He has walked to DI, 'argued' with the Messenger (most likely p*^#ing his off :smalltongue:) then run to the Mayors office... So maybe like 5 minutes ahead of me at this stage.

AquilaRift
2012-10-14, 04:42 PM
I think we might be overthinking this :smalleek: Kelv, what's your ruling? I wouldn't object to some minor time-bending to put us all in the "present..."

Kelvin360
2012-10-14, 05:21 PM
Elsewhere -

"Hey, Ao, what're you doing?"

"Putting a nega-time space on this random town for no partiular reason."

"Cool! ...Can I get my magic staff back? Mask like, totally stole it."

"No. Go to your room."

---

For some reason no one can explain, Elias will appear and walk out of wherever the moment Santino and Kath wrap up their business with the Mayor. Whether he appears from the magic shop, around the city, or, say, the Inn is up to the rulings of his own fate.

AquilaRift
2012-10-14, 05:41 PM
Phew. Hopefully splitting the party (and the timeline) will become a less common occurrence once we're actually a "party" and not a "bunch of flatmates who've known each other for most of a day."
Also, I'll try not to get that far ahead of everyone else in future. :smallredface:

Malak'ai
2012-10-15, 01:42 AM
Of all the time to roll low... Lucky I wasn't trying to convince someone not to hack our heads off :smalleek:.

AquilaRift
2012-10-16, 11:35 AM
Let's hope you roll higher around Chartessa! She doesn't strike me as the type to be easily intimidated.

Malak'ai
2012-10-17, 10:09 PM
@Kelvin: Do our characters actually know where Chartessa has been taken to await her trial?

Kelvin360
2012-10-17, 11:08 PM
Yes! The basement of the Mayor's house is well known to be basically the impromptu prison holding cell place.

Malak'ai
2012-10-17, 11:35 PM
Okay, sweet as. Couldn't remember if it had come up IC or not.

Kelvin360
2012-10-21, 10:48 PM
I believe this would be Santino's and Kath's cue to interrogate and meet up in town, respectively.

Unless the preference is I continue udner the assumption that Elias walks directly to the graveyard?

I can go either way.

AquilaRift
2012-10-21, 11:45 PM
I'm fine with either, though Elias would probably proceed directly to the graveyard. He knows that Denara will tell the others where he and Orin have gone as soon as they get back home.

MLucas
2012-10-22, 02:57 AM
I'm back. Looks like a lots happened :)

Malak'ai
2012-10-22, 12:56 PM
You can continue with Elias and Orin's arc if you want. It'll give me time to figure out what Santino is going say to Chartessa.

JetThomasBoat
2012-10-25, 12:39 AM
Sorry, working a weird schedule at work. So I will collect my payment and...I'm not sure, head back to the mansion? Would I be able to easily make my way to the graveyard to meet up with the others or would it be better for me to wait it out?

AquilaRift
2012-10-25, 03:03 AM
I think you could probably meet up with us before too much time passes, but it's ultimately Kelvin's call.

Kelvin360
2012-10-25, 04:50 PM
Kath's timeline meets up with Elias' and Orin's right after he steps out, actually. You can either integrate into a trio like nothing happened or head home. Up to you.

JetThomasBoat
2012-10-25, 09:15 PM
I would like to join the trio. Remind me to count my money later, as I don't believe Kath heard how much the pay was.

AquilaRift
2012-10-25, 09:54 PM
Excellent. We could probably use an archer.

Kelvin360
2012-10-26, 12:27 AM
Worry yon not, for I am keeping track of most if not all of the loot. So far, everyone but Tankerred has 500 gold for completing the quest, plus that armor and more gold that I refuse to believe nobody grabbed.

AquilaRift
2012-10-26, 12:29 AM
I have 200 gold now, actually -- I spent 300 on those scrolls of Alarm.

Kelvin360
2012-10-26, 12:55 AM
Golly I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. You'll wake up one morning and whoops! Turns out that +5 Sword of Godslaying was actually a stick.

Kidding.

I hope.

AquilaRift
2012-10-26, 01:20 AM
I'm not sure this party is responsible enough to own a +5 Sword of Godslaying anyway. :smallbiggrin: If nobody pointed out what a bad idea it was, Elias would probably just take a Martial Weapon Proficiency feat and go looking for Shar.

MLucas
2012-10-27, 11:33 AM
At the time we found the money and armour, we thougt we were visiting someones house ... So its still in the hole in the basement.

Kelvin360
2012-10-27, 12:17 PM
On an offhand note so no one waits forever on me specifically - I'm putting the graveyard in Kath's, Orin's, and Elias' hands for now, at least until the waiting commences. Inter-party discussions go!

Malak'ai
2012-10-27, 04:21 PM
At the time we found the money and armour, we thougt we were visiting someones house ... So its still in the hole in the basement.

Ummm... No it isn't... But it's safe :smallwink:.

AquilaRift
2012-10-27, 11:52 PM
On an offhand note so no one waits forever on me specifically - I'm putting the graveyard in Kath's, Orin's, and Elias' hands for now, at least until the waiting commences. Inter-party discussions go!

This ought to be interesting. :smallamused:

Malak'ai
2012-10-27, 11:54 PM
Santino's still twiddling his thumbs back at the Mayor's place.
I'm still having trouble trying to think of questions to put to Chartessa :smalleek:.

Kelvin360
2012-10-28, 01:47 AM
How much are you gonna bank on the possibility that she won't just give you the wrinkly old finger? :smallbiggrin:

Malak'ai
2012-10-28, 03:31 AM
We'll just have to see how many sirloins, ribeyes and flank steaks Santino can get off the ol' cow then :smallwink:.

JetThomasBoat
2012-11-01, 07:50 PM
So Kath is waiting to be woken up, I suppose.

Kelvin360
2012-11-01, 08:47 PM
If he decided to take a nap, yeah. I guess it depends on how light of a sleeper he is. Elia's and Orin's movements alone might be enough, depending.

Kelvin360
2012-11-02, 02:24 PM
Oh dear muppety Odin, 'apparent issues'? That's like, an accidental triple pun. I'm terrible. :smallbiggrin:

AquilaRift
2012-11-02, 08:16 PM
You really are. On the one hand, I'm disappointed this fellow's a red herring, but on the other, I'm intrigued by the possibility of another more dangerous necromancer using him as a patsy.

Kelvin360
2012-11-02, 08:43 PM
Red herring? Dude's running around with two skeletons!

Personally, I'm wondering who's gonna suggest recruiting him.

AquilaRift
2012-11-02, 08:49 PM
It won't be Elias. He considers the kid delusional and unpredictable at best, and his own skewed prejudice against other arcanists doesn't help. (Furthermore, Elias is the only Good-aligned party member, and creating undead is unequivocally an Evil act.)

EDIT: oh, dear, we've run into the closest thing Chartessa Murals had to an apprentice. Elias might actually want to recruit him now, on the basis that he would be much more dangerous untutored. (The fact that he's probably higher level than Elias, in pure game terms, might make things more complicated...)

AquilaRift
2012-11-03, 06:45 PM
"I know a lot of things! Like...like The Yarn, and the different classes, and doing finger-wavy things. I'm very powerful!"


"...The Yarn, ..."

Wow. :smallsigh: :smallbiggrin: Elias is definitely Picard-Facepalming right now.

Kelvin360
2012-11-03, 07:53 PM
^^ Actually, he's barely first level. He can summon human warrior skeletons via using a sourcebooked 1st level spell called Summon Undead I (by virtue of being a Sorcerer) from Magic of Faerun. Don't worry, I'm not too deep into DM insanity to throw a mid-level psycho this early at you. Yet. :smallbiggrin:

^ However, yes, he is a moron.

Kelvin360
2012-11-04, 01:44 PM
I'm gonna wait on Orin and Kath (and Santino too, actually) before posting a response, here. *passes the cookies around*

AquilaRift
2012-11-04, 04:22 PM
No problem. *takes a cookie* Don't want to cause any more paradoxes.

Malak'ai
2012-11-04, 08:29 PM
Why wait for Santino? He's not there. **Takes cookie and noms it down**

AquilaRift
2012-11-04, 08:42 PM
Because when we left off with Santino, it was still late afternoon. We don't know what he's been doing while Orin, Kath and Elias were twiddling their thumbs in the graveyard and confronting Mr. Int/Wis-Dump-Stats McSkeleson! :smalltongue:

Malak'ai
2012-11-04, 11:10 PM
Because when we left off with Santino, it was still late afternoon. We don't know what he's been doing while Orin, Kath and Elias were twiddling their thumbs in the graveyard and confronting Mr. Int/Wis-Dump-Stats McSkeleson! :smalltongue:

Oops, fair enough :smallredface:.
Just assume he's been sitting outside the old bats cell, racking his brain on how to phrase his questions.

MLucas
2012-11-06, 06:27 PM
I cant think of anything for orin to do - elias is doing a good job dealing with all this magic stuff.

AquilaRift
2012-11-06, 07:37 PM
Ouch. We really could use someone who didn't use Charisma as a dump stat. I'm not sure of the Diplomacy differences between in 3.0 and 3.5, but I may have just made his attitude worse... :smallredface: :smallsigh:

Kelvin360
2012-11-06, 11:21 PM
Here's how combat will work - use the forum dice roller for attacks, initiative and similar. I have a sheet on which I keep track of the numbers after they're rolled, including HP and AC. Now, my question is, would you all prefer I post that sheet on the forum? And would you prefer I use the dice roller in-forum or roll behind the screen?

AquilaRift
2012-11-06, 11:43 PM
It'd be nice to have the sheet available for reference so that there aren't any mix-ups and we don't have to wait for confirmation of a hit every time. But I don't mind if you roll "behind the screen," as it were. If you're going to fudge rolls I don't want to know about it :smallbiggrin:

Initiative: [roll0]
Current HP: 9/9
Current AC: 11, touch 11, flat-footed 10

Kelvin360
2012-11-06, 11:55 PM
Alll-righty then. Here's Davand -

6 Davand 3/3 (AC 11/T11/FF10)
18/2 Skeleton 1 4/4 (AC 13/T11/FF 12)
18/1 Skeleton 2 1/1 (AC 13/T11/FF 12)

Number on the left is initiative (skeleton 2 goes before skeleton 1), number on the right is current HP/Max HP. Davand is a 1st level Human Sorcerer, the others are generic skeletons.

Lemme know if y'all need anything else.

AquilaRift
2012-11-07, 02:39 AM
TBH, though in-character Elias is disappointed he couldn't get Davand to go peacefully... I'm looking forward to earning some XP. :belkar:

MLucas
2012-11-07, 03:08 AM
Initiative: [roll0]
HP 16/16
AC 18: Touch 16: FF : 14


I'm not sure i've got my sheet filled in correctly - I dont know why i've put BAB at 1.
Also, do I get a strength bonus to unarmed damage? (Apparently I do if I use a weapon when using flurry of blows, which I didnt know).

Finally, can I move and flurry? Or is that a full action?

Malak'ai
2012-11-07, 04:06 AM
Yes you add STR damage to Unarmed attack.
Flurry of Blows is a full round action, but you still get a 5' step.

AquilaRift
2012-11-07, 03:09 PM
Also, BAB +1 is correct for a 2nd-level monk. I've been using this site (http://www.dragon.ee/30srd) as a reference: it's pretty complete and is easier to navigate than fifty RTF files.

MLucas
2012-11-08, 09:09 AM
Ahah! I'd forgotten that they're 2nd level.

JetThomasBoat
2012-11-08, 08:41 PM
Initiative:[roll0]

AC: 16
HP: 19

AquilaRift
2012-11-08, 09:14 PM
Looks like I'm going first. Or does JTB need to break the tie with Davand?

Kelvin360
2012-11-08, 10:12 PM
Elias is indeed going first. Also, my behind-the-screen RNG (AKA Mr. Dice) broke the tie in favor of Davand going second-to-last.

Thusly: Elias>Skeletons>Orin>Davand>Kath

Also, I count Kath's HP at 15 unless he had that cold damage healed beforehand and I missed it.

JetThomasBoat
2012-11-08, 10:38 PM
I forgot about that. Good catch.

Kelvin360
2012-11-08, 10:55 PM
As an aside, if any of you know a decent interactive sort of graph spreadsheet we can use in the future for recording positions and areas, I'd be eternally grateful. I seem to recall something using google but, alas...

AquilaRift
2012-11-08, 11:06 PM
I'm afraid I don't know of any, aside from perhaps Google Documents spreadsheets, but I've never tried those.

(A palpable hit! Pity about the immunity to criticals.)

AquilaRift
2012-11-09, 04:28 PM
Do I presently have line-of-sight on the remaining skeleton, or is MLucas blocking my shot?

MLucas
2012-11-09, 05:37 PM
Do I presently have line-of-sight on the remaining skeleton, or is MLucas blocking my shot?

perhaps our characters need to have a chat about tactics? (and not blocking the archer)?

Then mage shouldnt be blocked if you move a bit. Or you could just shoot at the skeleton - that'll teach Orin a lesson.

AquilaRift
2012-11-09, 06:14 PM
Yeah, a chat about tactics is definitely in order once we finish up this fight. Our characters have never gone into battle together, so it's understandable that we're working at cross-purposes right now. But hey, we already took out one skeleton!

Malak'ai
2012-11-09, 07:20 PM
As an aside, if any of you know a decent interactive sort of graph spreadsheet we can use in the future for recording positions and areas, I'd be eternally grateful. I seem to recall something using google but, alas...

I just use normal Excel for the grid, then cut and paste paint, add in things like land formations, charater locations or anything else that's supposed to be there.
Seem's to work all right.

Kelvin360
2012-11-09, 08:02 PM
Sounds workable.

...So, who here has Excel? I don't think I will until I get a new computer.

AquilaRift
2012-11-09, 08:22 PM
I'm afraid I don't. I do have the OpenOffice equivalent, but I'm barely competent with it :smallsigh:

Malak'ai
2012-11-09, 11:17 PM
Sounds workable.

...So, who here has Excel? I don't think I will until I get a new computer.

How big do you want the grid? I'll make that, post the link to it on my photobucket and you can steal it from there and make the alterations.

Kelvin360
2012-11-10, 12:35 AM
25 long by 35 high using smallish squares should work.

Malak'ai
2012-11-10, 01:18 AM
25 long by 35 high using smallish squares should work.

Are the squares gunna be 5'x5'?

This is an example of what I was meaning,
http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q543/Malakai85/Enemycamps2.png
This is a rather simple one with no extra features, just the characters.

Kelvin360
2012-11-10, 02:51 AM
In-game, yes, the squares would represent 5x5-foot squares of space. I expected the document spaces to be smaller, but with that size, that exact amount of each should work fine. I really don't intend for any battlefields to be seperated by distances that are abominably long.

Malak'ai
2012-11-10, 05:19 AM
Okay, here you go.
Not sure if the file size is small enough for you, but it's as small as I was willing to make it, otherwise it'd be too small to make any notations in the grid itself.

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q543/Malakai85/BasicGrid.jpg

Kelvin360
2012-11-10, 04:36 PM
All right, everyone can now rest assured that I have a manipulatable copy of the battlefield. And thus, lo shalt I keepest track of thine movements. Be sure to add in how far you're moving and where in five-foot measurements for future posts.

JetThomasBoat
2012-11-11, 12:32 AM
All right, so...is there anything immediately threatening me? I think I want to shoot at the necromancer. As long as it won't provoke attacks of opportunity, that's what I want to do. And is he within thirty feet of me?

Kelvin360
2012-11-11, 12:56 AM
40 feet in front of you, 10 feet to the left, behind Orin and a skeleton.

Essentially, you can shoot (or 5'-step and shoot) from this point and get a {insert=DMExecutiveRuleVeto} 50% chance to miss and hit one of those other two instead. Plus, -2 to hit for firing into combat.

Or, you can take a full move action and get into a way better position, but you'd have to wait until next round to fire.

But, hey, no range penalties! Unless you're using a sling or something.

EDIT: And no, nothing's in your threatened area.

MLucas
2012-11-11, 04:38 AM
Hmm. A bit of overkill there - and a possible crit.

Altough i'd like to move to melee with the mage, i wont ;)

Kelvin360
2012-11-11, 02:35 PM
This is going down in the DM notes.

NEVER use a fear spell on Orin again.

AquilaRift
2012-11-11, 05:20 PM
That's one nice thing about monks -- all good saves.

MLucas
2012-11-11, 06:23 PM
The saves are nice, but I think Orin's just really lucky. :smallsmile:
(A 16 dc test with +5 only gives 50% chance of success)

AquilaRift
2012-11-11, 06:48 PM
That's true, you rolled pretty high both times.

AquilaRift
2012-11-21, 11:30 PM
Because of Thanksgiving travel plans, I may not have internet access again till Sunday. In the event that anything important happens IC, feel free to NPC Elias for the duration.

Kelvin360
2012-12-03, 03:27 AM
I think we're just waiting on Lucas now, yeah?

AquilaRift
2012-12-03, 06:21 PM
Pretty much, yeah.

For what it's worth, Elias is not going to initiate pursuit. He's out of useful spells, and without any evidence of wrongdoing he's not going to pursue a couple of thugs down a dark alley at night.

(Unless I misinterpreted the DM's last post and they're running towards us. :smalleek: )

MLucas
2012-12-05, 02:28 AM
Sorry, i didnt think there was much for orin to do (i've also been laid up with a cold)

I've assumed theyre moving away too - if not, i'll retcon my post :)

Kelvin360
2012-12-14, 01:47 AM
You know, it seems likely Santino may hit the Inn for some sleep after he's finished with...ah...business. If Aquila, JTB and Lucas are hurting for things to do, I can manage two scenes divided in time.

Plus, I'm eagerly awaiting the sitcom-ey breakfast scene. :smallbiggrin:

MLucas
2012-12-14, 03:42 AM
I'm away until Wednesday, but I should have internet access.

AquilaRift
2012-12-16, 01:53 PM
My internet's been down for the past four days and counting. I'm posting this from a nearby Starbucks. I'll try to get online when I can, but access looks... erratic. Sorry about this, people :smallsigh:

EDIT: And... it's back up, though since our land line has ceased to work I doubt the provider has fixed the underlying problem. Oh well.

In any case, I'm content to wait, but I don't mind skipping time till the morning either.

Malak'ai
2012-12-18, 04:46 PM
Sorry it's been a few days guys.
Hopefully I haven't metagamed too much in regards to knowing what Bria is.

Kelvin360
2012-12-18, 07:04 PM
I'll give you points for mistaking her for a paladin. :smallbiggrin:

Malak'ai
2012-12-18, 07:12 PM
Cleric? Something else? :smalleek:

Kelvin360
2012-12-18, 07:37 PM
Why, she's a blackguard of course!

But really, with all the sun motifs and lack of discrepancy in divine wielders, a LOT of Paladins and Clerics of Lathander tend to be very similar in appearance and manner. As opposed to, say, the difference between a Doomguide and an Undead Hunter of Kelemvor.

Then again, that's just my headcanon.

Malak'ai
2012-12-18, 07:45 PM
If you say so... I know nothing about the FR Deities apart from Lathander is basically Pelor (which is what I actually originally wrote in my post :smalltongue:) and that Lolth and Tiamat have had an appearance upgrade to a more humaniod look.

AquilaRift
2012-12-19, 03:49 PM
Heh. As far as the players of any game are concerned, the DM's headcanon and actual campaign-setting canon are functionally indistinguishable. :smalltongue:

AquilaRift
2012-12-31, 01:40 AM
Shall I assume the hour passes without Kath and Orin waking up? Elias wants to investigate some things around the house before everyone meets with Bria, and he can easily do it alone. I don't want to skip too far ahead of the others, though.

Kelvin360
2012-12-31, 02:14 AM
I don't have any personal problems with assuming they slept in until Lucas and JTB show up, no.

MLucas
2012-12-31, 05:21 AM
Sorry, I've been away for the weekend. I've been hoping the timelines would merge before we start the new day; I guess they're about to.

AquilaRift
2013-01-01, 09:47 PM
aaaaaand we're in sync again. The party's back together!

Malak'ai
2013-01-01, 09:58 PM
Yeah... Sorry about that :smallredface:.

I'm personally not fully back, I wont be for another couple of days.
I hope everyone had a good Christmas and a happy New Year and stayed safe and all that.

JetThomasBoat
2013-01-06, 01:44 AM
Hey, guys. Just wanted to let you all know I'm still around. I...don't really have a reason for not posting in so long. I've just...been depressed. The new roommate isn't working out as I'd hoped and I'm in dire need of a new job. I don't know what to do with myself and I just can't seem to focus on anything anymore.

Kelvin360
2013-01-06, 01:52 AM
No worries at all, man. Take as much time as you need to recouperate. Kath can sleep as much as he needs to until the world stops shaking, eh? :smallsmile:

AquilaRift
2013-01-06, 02:27 AM
Yeah, what Kelvin said. That's rough, JTB -- I hope you can find a better situation soon.

Kelvin360
2013-01-28, 06:20 PM
*twiddles thumbs and whistles*

AquilaRift
2013-01-28, 07:23 PM
Shall we just head out without them at this point?

Kelvin360
2013-01-28, 07:36 PM
I'm willing to wait a few more days and DMPC a bit if worst comes to worst. I know for certain that I'm willing to accomodate JTB's absence, though I dunno where Malak is.

Malak'ai
2013-01-28, 08:33 PM
I'm here! Sorry, been quite busy catching up on things IRL after spending almost a week in hospital.
I'll most likely also be AFK for a couple of days from Thursday... Getting a couple of teeth ripped out and will need to actually be put under from them to do it and anesthetic hits me like a tonne of bricks.

Kelvin360
2013-01-28, 09:10 PM
Yeesh, sounds not-fun. At least anesthesia is involved. On the upside, if you bring a friend with a video camera the aftermath immediately becomes a hit! :smallbiggrin:

Malak'ai
2013-01-28, 09:14 PM
Haha, not my friends... I'd most likely end up with crude things drawn on my face and weird items inserted into my facial orifaces (other than my mouth) if I brought them... Unless that's what you were hoping to happen :smallconfused: :smalltongue:.

Kelvin360
2013-01-28, 09:26 PM
D'awwww. But taping a conversation with someone stoned out of their mind from painkillers is so much more fun! ...Well, for the other guys, that is. >_>


Whatever the case, though, here's hoping the unpleasantness of the event is minimal.

Malak'ai
2013-01-28, 09:50 PM
Haha... Just catch me in the first hour after I wake up. The combo of meds I'm on (painkillers, Anti-Depressants, Anti-Anxiaties, Sleeping pills) make me like that every day... And those are just my normal meds :smalleek:.

AquilaRift
2013-02-04, 12:40 AM
Welcome back, Malak. Did the operation go all right?

Malak'ai
2013-02-04, 12:57 AM
Thanks Aquila.
Yeah... Still hurts to eat, but at least I can eat now... I was getting sick of soup, milkshakes, smoothies and ice cream :smalleek:.

Kelvin360
2013-02-04, 08:31 PM
Ooh, can I have 'em?

In all seriousness, it's good to have you back, and better to hear that you're alright (relatively speaking).

AquilaRift
2013-02-04, 08:54 PM
Knowledge check (untrained, only basic information) regarding that symbol: [roll0]. Elias may end up having to ask Bria.

EDIT: Yep. On second thought, maybe I'll keep quiet, in case it means something absurdly obvious like "Here be dead people." :smallbiggrin:

AquilaRift
2013-02-05, 10:16 PM
Is Bria literally glowing, or is her "light" a Lathander-y metaphor for her presence? (Or is she just holding a lantern?)

Kelvin360
2013-02-05, 10:31 PM
Both. Mind, it isn't giving you a literal anti-fear benefit, but standing next to a priestess of the sun god in a dark masoleum's creepy garden can be very comforting. Especially since yon average torche can't turn undead.

Malak'ai
2013-02-05, 10:48 PM
Unless the torch is a burning Nightstick of some sort (if they had them in 3.0... I can't remember.)

Also... I don't think a 16 is going to do it :smallfrown:.

MLucas
2013-02-19, 09:49 AM
sorry for my lack of posting - i'm following along, I just cant think of anything for Orin to do or say :)

AquilaRift
2013-02-21, 01:03 AM
On that note, I don't at all mind doing most of the talking (I'm a glutton for RP :smallbiggrin: ) but I don't want to crowd other people out of contributing. Let me know if I'm monopolizing conversations and I'll rein it in, no offense taken.
Also bear in mind Elias has subpar Wisdom, average Charisma, and no social class skills whatsoever. In character, this translates to "slightly prickly and paranoid." It makes a certain amount of sense in this context, since he's the only PC spellcaster left in the group and we're dealing with magical stuff, but I don't think he'll be a viable party "face," long term.

MLucas
2013-02-21, 06:03 AM
It's fine by me - Orin's out of his depth with all the magic stuff - he's just waiting for something to punch.

Malak'ai
2013-03-04, 03:51 AM
Woo! Spit the dummy, toss the teddy moment! :smallbiggrin:.

AquilaRift
2013-03-04, 04:14 AM
Dude's got enough skill points to spare, you'd think he'd put a couple ranks in Emotional Maturity. :smalltongue:

Malak'ai
2013-03-04, 04:17 AM
Pfft... Who needs Emotional Maturity when you can stab people in the kidneys from the shadows :smalltongue:.

AquilaRift
2013-03-17, 08:32 PM
To clarify, in case everyone's waiting on me: Elias is going to help carry Denara's corpse to whatever locale Bria deems suitable for a cremation.

Kelvin360
2013-03-18, 11:18 PM
If Orin or Santino want to say a few kind words or ask Elias/Bria about anything, I'll be a'waitin' for a time.

Kelvin360
2013-03-27, 12:12 AM
Hey Aquila, since I don't think the trap on the bookshelf was ever disarmed, I'll have to ask Elias to make a concentration check for pulling the book off its perch despite the pain from the cold. Though I will allow a minor retcon in this case, since it was an admittedly easy thing to forget, if you'd like.

AquilaRift
2013-03-27, 12:31 AM
No need for a retcon. I'll eat the cold damage, and if I fail the check I'll just ask Denara to snag the book for me.

Concentration: [roll0]